Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Will the Charlottesville driver get a fair trial?

  1. #1

    Will the Charlottesville driver get a fair trial?

    I'm curious to see how this plays out. It's pretty clear from the video evidence that the driver was struck by protestor(s) before he accelerated into the crowd. It could easily be considered self defense. Almost everyone has him already convicted. Even Trump is calling him a murderer (should the president be doing that?). The guy who would've been the defense attorney for the driver was disallowed by the judge saying it was a conflict of interest. The defense attorney was against the statues being removed, that's what the judge said was a conflict of interest. That sounds more like a similarity of interest. I would think a conflict of interest would be someone like a member of antifa, not someone who might be on the defendant's side. And to top it all off the judge assigned a former prosecutor, Denise Lunsford, who has somewhat of a checkered past, to represent the driver.

    The next court date is not until Aug 25 so it's going to be awhile before we get any more data on the actual case.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    By my reckoning, he either has a slim chance or a fat chance.

    Could go either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    By my reckoning, he either has a slim chance or a fat chance.

    Could go either way.
    I'm thinking it should be pretty easy to tell if it's rigged. For one thing the guy with the flag pole that struck the car needs to be charged, or at least be a witness for the defense.

  5. #4
    I'd say you already answered your own question. The moment the judge decided who could represent the guy it was all over.

  6. #5
    A more important question: Will he live if he walks?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The guy who would've been the defense attorney for the driver was disallowed by the judge saying it was a conflict of interest. The defense attorney was against the statues being removed, that's what the judge said was a conflict of interest. That sounds more like a similarity of interest. I would think a conflict of interest would be someone like a member of antifa, not someone who might be on the defendant's side. And to top it all off the judge assigned a former prosecutor, Denise Lunsford, who has somewhat of a checkered past, to represent the driver.
    Sounds like a good basis for an appeal to me.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #7
    As in any highly charged case, this will be decided at jury selection time.

    As far as the actual case, from what we know, it looks like he did it on purpose. He was not running over people who were blocking him or hitting his car (more sympathetic to his cause), he ran into a crowd far ahead of him, that were not attacking him. A lot will hinge on what he said before and especially after the fact. Did he confess to just running down protesters because he didn't like them? Did he say he was scared and being attacked, and he didn't know which way to go to get out and panicked?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  9. #8
    No.
    From start to finish, it'll be a splendid case study on the state of "justice" in the US.
    Nobody involved in this process, not even the defendant, will push for any real justice.
    And nobody watching this case will point it out, either.
    They'll all keep spewing gobshite about statues, and immigrants, and all sorts of other seventh and eighth tier issues.
    But they won't talk about justice.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd say you already answered your own question. The moment the judge decided who could represent the guy it was all over.
    I don't know. It seems to me that most of the recent cases that started out with extreme left wing media bias ended up being rectified in court. For example the Jena 6, Duke Lacrosse, George Zimmerman, Ferguson. In all those cases the media were totaled biased on the left, they had already decided the parties were guilty, but the courts found them innocent. But this time could be different. There's nobody on the driver's side. I can't remember ever seeing so much invested on a guilty verdict.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As in any highly charged case, this will be decided at jury selection time.

    As far as the actual case, from what we know, it looks like he did it on purpose. He was not running over people who were blocking him or hitting his car (more sympathetic to his cause), he ran into a crowd far ahead of him, that were not attacking him. A lot will hinge on what he said before and especially after the fact. Did he confess to just running down protesters because he didn't like them? Did he say he was scared and being attacked, and he didn't know which way to go to get out and panicked?
    I disagree that it looks like he did it on purpose. I'd say it's 50-50. From what I've seen he approached the mob too fast, that pissed them off and they started attacking, then he accelerated. The question is, did he accelerate in self defense or to kill?

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The guy who would've been the defense attorney for the driver was disallowed by the judge saying it was a conflict of interest.
    This translates to "Only cast members allowed on the set!"

    This entire thing was an engineered event. There is obvious evidence of collusion by the mayor of Charlottesville (just like Baltimore) ordering officers to stand down and let the script play out. The entire news cycle is a series of scripted, Hollywood vignettes. There is no way to know where fantasy ends and reality begins anymore. Better not to get caught up in the cycle, but watch it for what it is, a running Hollywood script pushing us towards a foregone conclusion. Don't take sides of the riled up opposing forces, some of them very likely paid provocateurs. I don't know if it is possible anymore, but the real solution is to unite people in opposition to the Directors and Producers of our false reality. How? I don't know.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by randbot16 View Post
    This translates to "Only cast members allowed on the set!"

    This entire thing was an engineered event. There is obvious evidence of collusion by the mayor of Charlottesville (just like Baltimore) ordering officers to stand down and let the script play out. The entire news cycle is a series of scripted, Hollywood vignettes. There is no way to know where fantasy ends and reality begins anymore. Better not to get caught up in the cycle, but watch it for what it is, a running Hollywood script pushing us towards a foregone conclusion. Don't take sides of the riled up opposing forces, some of them very likely paid provocateurs. I don't know if it is possible anymore, but the real solution is to unite people in opposition to the Directors and Producers of our false reality. How? I don't know.
    Everything you say is true. But it's much easier for them to escape detection, and it costs them a lot less, if they use useful idiots instead of straight up actors.

    Actors would want hazardous duty pay if they had to double as their own stuntmen--and the risk that they'd try to put the event on their resume is great. Useful idiots will march through the gates of hell for little more than air fare. And the mainstream media has been creating more than enough of them with their deliberate dumbing down and radicalization of the populace.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm curious to see how this plays out. It's pretty clear from the video evidence that the driver was struck by protestor(s) before he accelerated into the crowd. It could easily be considered self defense. Almost everyone has him already convicted. Even Trump is calling him a murderer (should the president be doing that?). The guy who would've been the defense attorney for the driver was disallowed by the judge saying it was a conflict of interest. The defense attorney was against the statues being removed, that's what the judge said was a conflict of interest. That sounds more like a similarity of interest. I would think a conflict of interest would be someone like a member of antifa, not someone who might be on the defendant's side. And to top it all off the judge assigned a former prosecutor, Denise Lunsford, who has somewhat of a checkered past, to represent the driver.

    The next court date is not until Aug 25 so it's going to be awhile before we get any more data on the actual case.
    Can you give me a link to the thing about the attorney being replaced?

  16. #14
    I have not looked for them but there are apparently naked pictures of Lunsford on the internets.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm curious to see how this plays out. It's pretty clear from the video evidence that the driver was struck by protestor(s) before he accelerated into the crowd. It could easily be considered self defense. Almost everyone has him already convicted. Even Trump is calling him a murderer (should the president be doing that?). The guy who would've been the defense attorney for the driver was disallowed by the judge saying it was a conflict of interest. The defense attorney was against the statues being removed, that's what the judge said was a conflict of interest. That sounds more like a similarity of interest. I would think a conflict of interest would be someone like a member of antifa, not someone who might be on the defendant's side. And to top it all off the judge assigned a former prosecutor, Denise Lunsford, who has somewhat of a checkered past, to represent the driver.

    The next court date is not until Aug 25 so it's going to be awhile before we get any more data on the actual case.
    Self Defense went out the window when he fled the scene.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

    It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    No.
    From start to finish, it'll be a splendid case study on the state of "justice" in the US.
    Nobody involved in this process, not even the defendant, will push for any real justice.
    And nobody watching this case will point it out, either.
    They'll all keep spewing gobshite about statues, and immigrants, and all sorts of other seventh and eighth tier issues.
    But they won't talk about justice.
    "Immigrants"? What does that have to do with this case?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Self Defense went out the window when he fled the scene.
    Why? If he stayed after hitting people the rioters would have killed him.

    P.S. I take no position on his guilt, it could have been deliberate or a panic response after he did something stupid (driving too fast to intimidate the crowd).
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Self Defense went out the window when he fled the scene.
    WRONG.

    If there is a violent mob attacking your car, and you drive off and injure somebody, you don't have to stop and help the violent mob attacking you...

    There was a thread here a few months ago about a guy in Lexington, VA who ended up not being charged after he clipped a couple of protesters in the street. He slowed down when he approached them, but wanted to get through, and the mob got angry and he got scared and took off. They thought he should be charged with hit and run, but since he felt threatened by the mob under Virginia law he is allowed to take off to protect himself.

    Sorry, violent mobs in the street don't get special privileges..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Self Defense went out the window when he fled the scene.
    He sure put on a great display of driving skills with his getaway. its like he had a 2nd job as a tow truck driver the way he went in reverse.


  23. #20
    http://www.nbc29.com/story/36149724/...t-james-fields
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Can you give me a link to the thing about the attorney being replaced?
    "Charles L. Weber Jr. had been chosen by a Charlottesville General District Court judge to represent Fields, but that generated a possible conflict of interest: Weber is part of a lawsuit against Charlottesville's decision to remove the statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee from Emancipation Park."


    http://www.nbc29.com/story/36149724/...t-james-fields

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    http://www.nbc29.com/story/36149724/...t-james-fields

    "Charles L. Weber Jr. had been chosen by a Charlottesville General District Court judge to represent Fields, but that generated a possible conflict of interest: Weber is part of a lawsuit against Charlottesville's decision to remove the statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee from Emancipation Park."


    http://www.nbc29.com/story/36149724/...t-james-fields
    One more thing I noticed. The woman who is replacing the public defender is a democrat. So the judge switched defenders from someone who may have actually been motivated to defend his client to someone who has a reason not to defend her client. Hmmmm.

    But I'm afraid that the driver will take a plea bargain and we'll never get to see any evidence.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    WRONG.

    If there is a violent mob attacking your car, and you drive off and injure somebody, you don't have to stop and help the violent mob attacking you...

    There was a thread here a few months ago about a guy in Lexington, VA who ended up not being charged after he clipped a couple of protesters in the street. He slowed down when he approached them, but wanted to get through, and the mob got angry and he got scared and took off. They thought he should be charged with hit and run, but since he felt threatened by the mob under Virginia law he is allowed to take off to protect himself.

    Sorry, violent mobs in the street don't get special privileges..
    Well said.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I don't know. It seems to me that most of the recent cases that started out with extreme left wing media bias ended up being rectified in court. For example the Jena 6, Duke Lacrosse, George Zimmerman, Ferguson. In all those cases the media were totaled biased on the left, they had already decided the parties were guilty, but the courts found them innocent. But this time could be different. There's nobody on the driver's side. I can't remember ever seeing so much invested on a guilty verdict.
    This is an excellent point. And what works in the Defendant's favor in all these cases are that the media pummels the jury pool with such over the top lies about the case that are all internalize by the public, and then when the jurors here the case and nothing that the media told them ends up being true, they wind up feeling lied to. It isn't even limited to political cases. Same thing happened in the Casey Anthony trial. Nancy Grace and the rest of the MSM built that case up as some kind of overwhelming slam dunk based on all these lies and half truths and then when the thing went to trial and the prosecution presents a totally circumstantial case with none of the "evidence" the jury expects it boomerangs back on the prosecution.

    This case is setting up the same way. Media is presenting this thing as some kind of "act of terrorism" or "premeditated murder" which of course is completely absurd. Public has heard nothing about Antifa violence. Nothing about this guy getting assaulted earlier in the day. None of the photos of him covered in piss. None of the video of other cars in the area being attacked right before the incident. Most haven't even seen the video of his car being attacked right before it accelerated. All that is going to come out "for the first time" at the trial, which ends up working strongly in favor of the defense. Prosecution's case is going to be far weaker than what jurors were expecting, and defense is going to have "surprise" revelation after "surprise" revelation that will help Fields.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sounds like a good basis for an appeal to me.
    That's almost a guarantee.

    I have a feeling, though, that the left will not be satisfied with the verdict. And if they view the punishment as insufficiently harsh, I expect a lot more than some statues to be destroyed in Charlottesville.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    This is an excellent point. And what works in the Defendant's favor in all these cases are that the media pummels the jury pool with such over the top lies about the case that are all internalize by the public, and then when the jurors here the case and nothing that the media told them ends up being true, they wind up feeling lied to. It isn't even limited to political cases. Same thing happened in the Casey Anthony trial. Nancy Grace and the rest of the MSM built that case up as some kind of overwhelming slam dunk based on all these lies and half truths and then when the thing went to trial and the prosecution presents a totally circumstantial case with none of the "evidence" the jury expects it boomerangs back on the prosecution.

    This case is setting up the same way. Media is presenting this thing as some kind of "act of terrorism" or "premeditated murder" which of course is completely absurd. Public has heard nothing about Antifa violence. Nothing about this guy getting assaulted earlier in the day. None of the photos of him covered in piss. None of the video of other cars in the area being attacked right before the incident. Most haven't even seen the video of his car being attacked right before it accelerated. All that is going to come out "for the first time" at the trial, which ends up working strongly in favor of the defense. Prosecution's case is going to be far weaker than what jurors were expecting, and defense is going to have "surprise" revelation after "surprise" revelation that will help Fields.
    I just hope it goes to trial. I'm guessing there's a huge amount of pressure for this thing not to go to trial. I know they tacked on like another 10 charges to the original charges a few days later. Maybe that's why the judge switched defense attorneys. His attorney may be telling him he's going to fry or get life with no parole if it goes to trial. If he takes 2nd degree maybe he only gets 15 years and can be out in 7 (just a guess).

    I'm assuming the court is not obligated to show the evidence when the defendant pleads guilty. Does anyone know if that's true?

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm curious to see how this plays out. It's pretty clear from the video evidence that the driver was struck by protestor(s) before he accelerated into the crowd. It could easily be considered self defense. Almost everyone has him already convicted. Even Trump is calling him a murderer (should the president be doing that?). The guy who would've been the defense attorney for the driver was disallowed by the judge saying it was a conflict of interest. The defense attorney was against the statues being removed, that's what the judge said was a conflict of interest. That sounds more like a similarity of interest. I would think a conflict of interest would be someone like a member of antifa, not someone who might be on the defendant's side. And to top it all off the judge assigned a former prosecutor, Denise Lunsford, who has somewhat of a checkered past, to represent the driver.

    The next court date is not until Aug 25 so it's going to be awhile before we get any more data on the actual case.
    I've watched the video. The driver was clearly driving into the crowd before his car was struck. I'll take your argument that the acceleration happened after his car was hit, but why was he driving into the crowd in the first place? The street behind him was empty with only a few people on the sidewalk. I have seen no evidence that his car was struck before he got close to the crowd itself. One could argue that the person who struck his car did so out of self defense and trying to defend the crowd from a car that had gotten too close and had shown no intention of stopping. A "fair trial" includes not only the possibility that he might be found innocent but also the possibility that he might be found guilty. Are you willing to accept the possibility that he might actually be guilty of second degree murder? That said, I heard he was on psych meds. He might be found not competent to stand trial.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I've watched the video. The driver was clearly driving into the crowd before his car was struck. I'll take your argument that the acceleration happened after his car was hit, but why was he driving into the crowd in the first place? The street behind him was empty with only a few people on the sidewalk. I have seen no evidence that his car was struck before he got close to the crowd itself. One could argue that the person who struck his car did so out of self defense and trying to defend the crowd from a car that had gotten too close and had shown no intention of stopping. A "fair trial" includes not only the possibility that he might be found innocent but also the possibility that he might be found guilty. Are you willing to accept the possibility that he might actually be guilty of second degree murder? That said, I heard he was on psych meds. He might be found not competent to stand trial.
    It looked to me like he drove up too fast and that pissed the crowd off and that's why that guy hit him with the flag pole. Then he accelerated into the crowd. I've seen still shots of the guy hitting the car with the flag pole and at that point people aren't diving for cover, they just look irritated that he's driving too fast. In those still shots he clearly hasn't hit anyone yet. Also in the enhanced video his brake lights come on after he gets hit. But I don't know if that video is real because I can't see the brake lights in the original. Also in the side angle video where he hits the car in front of him you can see about 8 guys with bats and pipes. They were on him in about 2 seconds after he crashed which makes me think they were already starting to attack before he made the decision to accelerate.

    As to your question "why was he driving into the crowd?" maybe he was trying to get somewhere in that direction? I'm not saying he's innocent but there's clearly enough evidence to doubt he planned the whole thing. If he was a terrorist he could've easily killed 20 people.

    This shows the still shot:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtSSXdzckNA

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    It looked to me like he drove up too fast and that pissed the crowd off and that's why that guy hit him with the flag pole. Then he accelerated into the crowd. I've seen still shots of the guy hitting the car with the flag pole and at that point people aren't diving for cover, they just look irritated that he's driving too fast. In those still shots he clearly hasn't hit anyone yet. Also in the enhanced video his brake lights come on after he gets hit. But I don't know if that video is real because I can't see the brake lights in the original. Also in the side angle video where he hits the car in front of him you can see about 8 guys with bats and pipes. They were on him in about 2 seconds after he crashed which makes me think they were already starting to attack before he made the decision to accelerate.

    As to your question "why was he driving into the crowd?" maybe he was trying to get somewhere in that direction? I'm not saying he's innocent but there's clearly enough evidence to doubt he planned the whole thing. If he was a terrorist he could've easily killed 20 people.

    This shows the still shot:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtSSXdzckNA
    Okay. You understand that if there was evidence that he planned the whole thing that would be first degree murder as opposed to 2nd degree murder right?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I just hope it goes to trial. I'm guessing there's a huge amount of pressure for this thing not to go to trial. I know they tacked on like another 10 charges to the original charges a few days later. Maybe that's why the judge switched defense attorneys. His attorney may be telling him he's going to fry or get life with no parole if it goes to trial. If he takes 2nd degree maybe he only gets 15 years and can be out in 7 (just a guess).

    I'm assuming the court is not obligated to show the evidence when the defendant pleads guilty. Does anyone know if that's true?
    If a defendant pleads guilty he accepts as true all of the allegations that the state makes against him. And the decision that his defense attorney should advise him to take is what is in his (the defendant's) best interest as opposed to what is most likely to get the truth out, whatever that is. Regardless of what happens in the trial, there will likely be independent inquiries into what happened. The Trump administration can do its own investigation into the matter. Congress can hold hearings on it as well. There will be plenty of avenues to get all of the evidence out with or without a trial. If Trump decides he doesn't want to delve into evidence that may exonerate one of his supporters...well that's on him.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I've watched the video. The driver was clearly driving into the crowd before his car was struck. I'll take your argument that the acceleration happened after his car was hit, but why was he driving into the crowd in the first place? The street behind him was empty with only a few people on the sidewalk. I have seen no evidence that his car was struck before he got close to the crowd itself. One could argue that the person who struck his car did so out of self defense and trying to defend the crowd from a car that had gotten too close and had shown no intention of stopping. A "fair trial" includes not only the possibility that he might be found innocent but also the possibility that he might be found guilty. Are you willing to accept the possibility that he might actually be guilty of second degree murder? That said, I heard he was on psych meds. He might be found not competent to stand trial.
    Kind of an interesting coincidence that this guy dropped out of the media circus right after the "crazy person on/off meds" stories came out.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Cop jumps on driver's car, feigns injury, cops accost driver
    By Feeding the Abscess in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 05:27 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •