Thread: The Bogus Business Plot

The Bogus Business Plot

Part One: The Bogus Business Plot.
    Part Two: The Bogus Business Plot.
    In the previous installment, we learned that FDR and his closest advisors had many deep and longstanding business and social ties to the DuPont family and JP Morgan, Jr., two of the key figures allegedly behind the so-called “business plot” to usurp FDR’s presidential powers. The most telling of these is the marriage between FDR’s son and a DuPont heiress just a couple of years after the business plot was revealed by the alleged bravery and patriotism of Smedley Butler. We also learned that FDR had worked on Wall Street for many years and that the major provisions of the New Deal were essentially dictated by his cronies, who were all top industrialists and financiers. So there was really no reason for them to oppose FDR’s presidency; instead their opposition was manufactured to boost FDR’s public image as the savior of the American people. In other words, the business plot was a PR move. A publicity stunt. Finally, we also learned that J.P. Morgan was a Spencer and that both the Spencer and Roosevelt families are crypto-Jewish. But what about Smedley Butler himself? Even if the business plot was bogus, isn’t it possible that he was set up? Perhaps he was chosen precisely because DuPont and Morgan knew that he was a man of such integrity that he would spill the beans, giving them exactly the kind of publicity they wanted. In other words, maybe Butler was simply a patsy who played right into their hands. And if he surprised them by agreeing to go along with them, then they could expose him for treason. After all, he was going around giving speeches and writing pamphlets about the obscene profits they earned during World War I while the common man suffered. Maybe they would have been happy to have him out of the picture. Either way it was a win-win for them. How can we be so sure he was in on it? Well, it turns out there is no smoking gun. But a close and skeptical look at Butler and his career will tell us all we need to know, and a whole lot more.

The rest is at the links above.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    No.
    Have you read the article?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes. I've read extensively on the Business Plot. I disagree with the article's conclusion that the plot was bogus.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Yes. I've read extensively on the Business Plot. I disagree with the article's conclusion that the plot was bogus.
    You are right, this country never had the ability to shut down dissenting opinions or manufacture consent.

Bump.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's funny, I didn't need to read but a summary and was able to determine it was complete bull$#@!..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-radio-report)

You spent hours and hours, maybe even days studying it and you got it completely wrong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Have you read War is a Racket? The author of that article clearly has not.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Have you read War is a Racket? The author of that article clearly has not.
    Yup. I've read the congressional transcripts from Smedley Butler... that's the best 'summary' you'll find.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's funny, I didn't need to read but a summary and was able to determine it was complete bull$#@!..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-radio-report)

You spent hours and hours, maybe even days studying it and you got it completely wrong.
    As always, that's your opinion

- Diogenes of Sinope

Here is Smedley Butler briefly talking about the plot:

A warrior for truth and justice
    Last edited by Marenco; 11-01-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Whatever you think of Butler the plot was fake and designed to fail, as the OP article says:

But what about Smedley Butler himself? Even if the business plot was bogus, isn’t it possible that he was set up? Perhaps he was chosen precisely because DuPont and Morgan knew that he was a man of such integrity that he would spill the beans, giving them exactly the kind of publicity they wanted. In other words, maybe Butler was simply a patsy who played right into their hands. And if he surprised them by agreeing to go along with them, then they could expose him for treason. After all, he was going around giving speeches and writing pamphlets about the obscene profits they earned during World War I while the common man suffered. Maybe they would have been happy to have him out of the picture. Either way it was a win-win for them. How can we be so sure he was in on it? Well, it turns out there is no smoking gun.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment