Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge suspended after posts about Confederate monuments

Judge suspended after posts about Confederate monuments

Judge Jim Hinkle — a magistrate judge who served as mayor of the city of Grayson for more than two decades before retiring in 2013 — took to Facebook on Saturday to label the Charlottesville protesters “snowflakes” with “no concept of history.” On Tuesday morning, he followed that missive with another post, this one comparing “the nut cases tearing down monuments” to the so-called Islamic State.

A few hours after that post — which was not the first on Hinkle’s Facebook page that could be considered inflammatory — Gwinnett County Chief Magistrate Judge Kristina Hammer Blum told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she had suspended Hinkle.

Blum said she’d been unaware of the recent post and others until The AJC asked her for comment.

“After reviewing the Facebook posts you brought to my attention this morning, I have suspended Judge Hinkle effective immediately while I consider the appropriate final action,” Blum wrote in an email.

More at: http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--...wztILcn95ipqJ/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You will shut up and you will toe the line.

FedBook....smmfh

Note the hyphenated and empowering pair of surnames...

Chief Magistrate Judge Kristina Hammer Blum

Chester Copperpot

how does one suspend someone whos been retired since 2013?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You will shut up and you will toe the line.

FedBook....smmfh
    So true these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Hey now, seeing as I am 1/8 African, I am offended by that nuse. Someone ban this Alt-Right bigot! <SARCASM>

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    says he retired from being mayor, not judge.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was right on both counts. Being accurate in 2017 gets you fired. We have gone full retard.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Note the hyphenated and empowering pair of surnames...

Chief Magistrate Judge Kristina Hammer Blum

The Hive strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Hive strikes again.
    Reported!

Little sympathy for the judge, given the hundreds and even thousands of examples of this happening all over the land.

That said, it is a fine pass to which we have arrived where a man cannot express his opinion publicly without hazard of losing his job.

Land of the free... yeah, right.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Reported!
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    where a man cannot express his opinion publicly without hazard of losing his job.
    Well, there's your problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Little sympathy for the judge, given the hundreds and even thousands of examples of this happening all over the land.

That said, it is a fine pass to which we have arrived where a man cannot express his opinion publicly without hazard of losing his job.

Land of the free... yeah, right.
    You are permitted to express the approved party rhetoric comrade....

Turns out comparing people to ISIS makes it seem like your judicial impartiality is in question. I mean, how would we feel going before a judge who said libertarians are isolationist traitors? Probably like he was too biased to render a fair judgment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When will they be suspending Judge Gloria Navarro?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    When will they be suspending Judge Gloria Navarro?
    Racist!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Judge Jim Hinkle — a magistrate judge who served as mayor of the city of Grayson for more than two decades before retiring in 2013 — took to Facebook on Saturday to label the Charlottesville protesters “snowflakes” with “no concept of history.” On Tuesday morning, he followed that missive with another post, this one comparing “the nut cases tearing down monuments” to the so-called Islamic State.

A few hours after that post — which was not the first on Hinkle’s Facebook page that could be considered inflammatory — Gwinnett County Chief Magistrate Judge Kristina Hammer Blum told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she had suspended Hinkle.

Blum said she’d been unaware of the recent post and others until The AJC asked her for comment.

“After reviewing the Facebook posts you brought to my attention this morning, I have suspended Judge Hinkle effective immediately while I consider the appropriate final action,” Blum wrote in an email.

More at: http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--...wztILcn95ipqJ/
    What? A judge can be suspended just like that?

After all of the outrageous decisions and obvious biases we have seen over the years, this is what gets a judge fired?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Turns out comparing people to ISIS makes it seem like your judicial impartiality is in question. I mean, how would we feel going before a judge who said libertarians are isolationist traitors? Probably like he was too biased to render a fair judgment.
    I guess you weren't aware that ISIS is famous for tearing down monuments and statues in the Middle East. Maybe you should have looked that up before making this post, considering that he was specifically talking about them taking down historical monuments and statues?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What? A judge can be suspended just like that?

After all of the outrageous decisions and obvious biases we have seen over the years, this is what gets a judge fired?
    The partei line was not followed, comrade.

What are you crying about, you still have freedom of speech if you don't mind being forced to live under a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I guess you weren't aware that ISIS is famous for tearing down monuments and statues in the Middle East. Maybe you should have looked that up before making this post, considering that he was specifically talking about them taking down historical monuments and statues?
    The man said, "The nut cases tearing down monuments are equivalent to ISIS destroying history." Anyone too stupid to realize that comparing anyone to ISIS is going to get his arse in trouble is probably too stupid to be on the bench.

He also apparent cannot spell, which is another important aspect of a judge's position i would think: “In Charlottesville everyone is upset over Robert E. Lee statute (sic),” Hinkle’s post said, in part. “It looks like all of the snowflakes have no concept of history. It is what it is. Get over it and move on. Leave history alone - those who ignore history are deemed (sic) to repeat the mistake of the past.”

His comments on the Tubman bill have the reek of partisanship if not down right racism on them.

The man obviously cares more for his politics than impartiality and it is highly questionable that he would be anything less than another activist judge on the bench using the law to attack those he disagrees with.

Stop trying to defend such a stupid person.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Judge was right on this one, what the protesters is on the same side as ISIS.

The man said, "The nut cases tearing down monuments are equivalent to ISIS destroying history." Anyone too stupid to realize that comparing anyone to ISIS is going to get his arse in trouble is probably too stupid to be on the bench.
    He didn't compare them to ISIS, he compared them tearing down monuments with ISIS tearing down monuments, both destroying history.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He didn't compare them to ISIS, he compared them tearing down monuments with ISIS tearing down monuments, both destroying history.
    The dude literally said they were nutcases -like ISIS- and and then say they are the equivalent -as in EQUAL TO- ISIS. He didn't compare them to ISIS, he did saying they were "like ISIS," he said they were equal to ISIS.

Let em ask you, if I said you were the equivalent of a Communist, what am I saying?

Further, this is the same kind of a-hole who would probably give you 20 years for a joint because its "The Law."

Stop trying to apologize for this guy's stupidity. It is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The Judge was right on this one, what the protesters is on the same side as ISIS.
    Stupidest comment of the day.

Also, calling me a Leftist is a joke. I'm farther on the American Right than many on this website. Indeed, wanting to retain someone who you agree with in power -like say a judge- so they can force everyone else to do what you think they should do and enforce your vision of what the country should be- that is the very definition of a Progressive Leftist. Believing such would make you an actual Leftist.

Further, ISIS uses political power to force their idea of how things should be on others. This guy wants to do the same. He is more liek ISIS than anyone else.

Stupidest comment of the day.

Also, calling me a Leftist is a joke. I'm farther on the American Right than many on this website. Indeed, wanting to retain someone who you agree with in power -like say a judge- so they can force everyone else to do what you think they should do and enforce your vision of what the country should be- that is the very definition of a Progressive Leftist. Believing such would make you an actual Leftist.

Further, ISIS uses political power to force their idea of how things should be on others. This guy wants to do the same. He is more liek ISIS than anyone else.
    No, you're completely wrong. Read the quote you posted again, if that is the real quote, because the real (full) quote isn't in the article, did you just make that one up? But even the quote you posted, he specifically compared the nut cases tearing down monuments (they ARE nut cases) to ISIS destroying historical monuments - there is a valid comparison there. If you want to compare me to a communist, you have to at least say what attribute of mine is comparable, and be right. In this case the judge compared an attribute, and he was right.

He also apparent cannot spell...
    (sic)

The dude literally said they were nutcases -like ISIS- and and then say they are the equivalent -as in EQUAL TO- ISIS.
    He said their act of tearing down statues was equivalent to 'ISIS destroying history', a clause describing a specific action, per the quote you yourself typed above.

Reading comprehension. It's not just for libertarians any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast