Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Press Conference Q&A on Charlottesville

Trump Press Conference Q&A on Charlottesville

Wow. Trump press conference right now. This will be controversial. He's not playing the mainstream media PC game.

Trump calling out the violent leftists. He is not backing down, basically calling the press liars for ignoring it.

Also taking shots at McCain for blocking Obamacare repeal.

Get out your popcorn, video to be added.

Edit - Video (please reference time mark when commenting on video):

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump calling out the violent leftists. He is not backing down, basically calling the press liars for ignoring it.
    I'm sure Hillary would have done the same.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Snowflakes on CNN have been triggered and are having PTSD attacks. It reminded them of "the day after the elections".

They are all "in fear" now. They need safe spaces, crayons and professional cuddlers, stat!

Edit: Bill Kristol on CNN inferring that this press conference is grounds for impeachment.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-15-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

People don't think there is a difference between D Trump and Hillary Clinton? Sure, there are some issues where they are two sides of the same coin. There are many areas where there are no significant differences. This area however, is different.

If Clinton were president, then you can believe the Charlottesville issue would be very, very one-sided. She would issue some White House directives that would really go after the "right" (or more than is being done now). They might be facing some real consequences or even legal issues.

One thing I like about this guy is that he is calling out the traditional media. This is long overdue. At least somebody is shaking up something. At least somebody is speaking up about all this social correctness. Guess it took a US president to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Did he actually call Antifa a terrorist organization?

I came in late and am listening to the Cernovich commentary rn..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Snowflakes on CNN have been triggered and are having PTSD attacks. It "reminded them of the day after the elections".

They are all "in fear" now. They need safe spaces, crayons and professional cuddlers, stat!
    CALExit, NYCcession. If we are lucky.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I was just watching ABC journalist reaction. They keep using this term back down in reference to the president. I would like to know when some of these media people are going to back down.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

well that was certainly entertaining

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad he pointed out that the alt left was to blame for the violence too.

Not sure if anyone has stayed up to date with regard to protest permits (lol) at certain historic venues but the permitting system has become rather elaborate. It's especially difficult to land a permit to protest near historic monuments and parks. So keep an eye on any future venues where protests are taking place. Take note of the ease in landing permits versus the difficulty for some others to receive them. Monitor who's involved in those protests. Monitor police maneuvering. Monitor dialogue between media and elected representatives after the fact.

I think that the repeated permit commentary in the video is likely the most important bit. Additionally the fact that it was acknowledged that there were some people who were not there to cause violence. Yet the stormtroopers (who were proudly displaying their military swat gear and strategic crowd containment maneuvering ability again tee hee hee hee hee) did herd them all together.

There's more to say about it. I don't really feel like it, though.

Here's what a free speech zone looks like these days...

Also...

During Ferguson....

After Ferguson....

Ha. Charlottesville Virginia. Back in business.

And, of course, the people will love them for it...

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-15-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Breaking: 'Alt-left' charged at 'alt-right,' Trump says, again placing blame for Charlottesvi

Aug. 15, 2017, 1:27 p.m. reporting from washington

'Alt-left' charged at 'alt-right,' Trump says, again placing blame for Charlottesville violence 'on both sides'

Trump said it was “a horrible day” but said several times that counter-protesters were not getting enough scrutiny for their role in the confrontation and emphasized his belief that many of the protesters who joined with white nationalists were innocent.

“What about the 'alt-left' that came charging at, as you say, the 'alt-right'? Do they have any semblance of guilt?” Trump said. “They came charging with clubs in their hands,” he said of the counter-protesters.

Trump effectively reopened the debate — saying "there is blame on both sides" — despite insistence from politicians in both parties that white supremacists and other racists deserved to be singled out.

“You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was violent. Nobody wants to say that, but I’ll say that,” he said.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

Related

What are key differences between "alt-Right" and "alt-Left" ?

Trump discussed the removal of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson statues. He asks the reporters if they want to remove statues of Washington and Jefferson because those two were slave owners.

“George Washington as a slave owner. So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner,” Trump said.
    http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/trump-c...e-power-rally/

That was fun.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Grab the popcorn indeed. They will run with this presser as a headline for weeks. Expect more virtue signaling from the usual suspects
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Wow. Trump press conference right now. This will be controversial. He's not playing the mainstream media PC game.

Also taking shots at McCain for blocking Obamacare repeal.

Get out your popcorn, video to be added.

Edit - Video (please reference time mark when commenting on video):

Saw the headline on Drudge but did not see video there. The controversy will travel even more distance now.

And "Alt-Left" term is officially in MSM diction now, beta trial ends.

Trump's kind of right. Blocking traffic is never okay. Taking over public roads and pounding and cars is wrong. I don't think you should gun it and run people over like this kid but I also don't think you should should stop. It is kind of hard for me to feel bad about the girl who is dead. I would never be in the position of blocking traffic.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Trump discussed the removal of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson statues. He asks the reporters if they want to remove statues of Washington and Jefferson because those two were slave owners.

Now that is funny. Let's go ahead and petition getting the Washington Monument torn down too since it was built by slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Grab the popcorn indeed. They will run with this presser as a headline for weeks. Expect more virtue signaling from the usual suspects
    The press was absolutely hysterical, like raving monkeys just wishing they could throw their own $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Way things are going, there could be proposal to rename "White House" to "Homeland House" or something like that without using the w-word.
    Hopefully more drastic mesaures will not be demanded, W-House is sort of a historic monument at this point.

Just as far as personality: Trump is the kind of guy you just want to punch in the mouth, but you have to like that he doesn't pull any punches.

I'll bet he has people looking over the video footage, looking for people who committed violence on either side and those they can identify, will be arrested and charged with the crime.

I don't like the part where he called it murder. That has yet to be determined.

Every time they pushed him about it he said things that made them look worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'll bet he has people looking over the video footage, looking for people who committed violence on either side and those they can identify, will be arrested and charged with the crime.
    Seems to be underway.

Protesters could be charged for bringing down Durham, N.C., Confederate statue

18 mins ago - Woman arrested for bringing down Durham, N.C., Confederate statue ... renamed from Lee Park — was the site of a similar protest in May.
    Takilya Thompson used a ladder to scale the podium, climb the statue, and help pull it down.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3413284

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, that Freudian slip sure was something.

"Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us?"

At least he's comfortable admitting that he's a Nazi.

Also, I'm still not sure what the "alt-left" is aside from a made up phrase to make false equivalencies easier. We know "alt-right" is just rebranded white supremacy/neo-Nazism, but I'm not aware of any leftist attempt at rebranding anti-Nazism. They kind of relish in their opposition to Nazism with a name like Antifa.
    Last edited by Antischism; 08-15-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post

Um, no, you missed the part where he said that only a contingent were Nazis and white nationalists, many where there to protest taking down a historical statue... some were their protesting for free speech and against political violence.. and Antifa was attacking them all.

Antifa attacks anybody on the right, they call them all Nazis. Have a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat? You're a nazi. Support Trump? You're a nazi. Want lower taxes? You're a nazi. Soon it will be, 'White? You're a nazi.'

But go ahead, keep playing into the mainstream media bull$#@!, see where it gets you.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-16-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Is that what he was doing? Are you sure he wasn't admitting to being a Robert E. Lee fan? A lot of people are. After all, he stood up against slavery in a time and place where that was an unpopular stance. Or maybe he was admitting to being a person who gets permits. Lord knows he has gotten enough of them. Or maybe he was intimating that he's the kind of person who doesn't use violence as a first resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Last edited by donnay; 08-15-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Also, I'm still not sure what the "alt-left" is aside from a made up phrase to make false equivalencies easier. We know "alt-right" is just rebranded white supremacy/neo-Nazism, but I'm not aware of any leftist attempt at rebranding anti-Nazism. They kind of relish in their opposition to Nazism with a name like Antifa.
    So you don't think your fellow AntiFa members were wrong to start the violence?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Um, no, you missed the part where he said that only a contingent were Nazis and white nationalists, many where there to protest taking down a historical statue... some where their protesting for free speech and against political violence.. and Antifa was attacking them all.

Antifa attacks anybody on the right, they call them all Nazis. Have a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat? You're a nazi. Support Trump? You're a nazi. Want lower taxes? You're a nazi. Soon it will be, 'White? You're a nazi.'

But go ahead, keep playing into the mainstream media bull$#@!, see where it gets you.
    He certainly has trouble denouncing Nazis. He emotionally angry-tweeted about Meryl Streep's Golden Globes speech but had to be forced into denouncing Nazis days later. Makes you think.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is that what he was doing? Are you sure he wasn't admitting to being a Robert E. Lee fan? A lot of people are. After all, he stood up against slavery in a time and place where that was an unpopular stance. Or maybe he was admitting to being a person who gets permits. Lord knows he has gotten enough of them. Or maybe he was intimating that he's the kind of person who doesn't use violence as a first resort.
    I think you're taking my post too seriously. And no, Trump doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. His past (including recent) is enough to show me his true character.
    Last edited by Antischism; 08-15-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast