Thread: Stone Mountain in GA next to go on the purged history heap

Exclamation Stone Mountain in GA next to go on the purged history heap

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08...tone-mountain/

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams called for the removal of the giant carving that depicts three Confederate war leaders on the face of state-owned Stone Mountain, saying it “remains a blight on our state and should be removed.”

“We must never celebrate those who defended slavery and tried to destroy the union,” Abrams said in a series of tweets posted early Tuesday, a response to the deadly violence sparked by white supremacist groups in Charlottesville, Va.

Removing the faces of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson would take a monster of a sandblaster and require a change in state law. The Georgia code has a clear mandate for the memorial, saying it should be “preserved and protected for all time as a tribute to the bravery and heroism of the citizens of this state who suffered and died in their cause.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We must never celebrate those who defended slavery and tried to destroy the union
    I guess this douche doesn't know that Lee considered slavery evil.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I guess this douche doesn't know that Lee considered slavery evil.
    Nuance is lost in the bleating of the anti-racist mob.

Google images produced this;

Mount Rushmore is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Mount Rushmore is next.
    Nah, I'm thinking they might burn down Monticello and Mt. Vernon next.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nah, I'm thinking they might burn down Monticello and Mt. Vernon next.
    They'll stick close to cities...

They're not safe out here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That would be too controversial, before-after pictures could cause political unrest

Related

Taliban demolish historic statues

Beat me to it.

More evidence that this cleansing of history won't be that difficult. Perhaps Debbie Wasserman-Schultz could find some good Taliban contractors to help with the demolition.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

sure, go ahead!

now its MY trun...
    IDOL WORSHIP

RACIST

WTF???

I LOVE this game!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I'm pretty sure that there would be an armed resistance on this one. In fact, I guarantee deaths over it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there would be an armed resistance on this one. In fact, I guarantee deaths over it.
    Yep. I know a few of them Georgia boys. I used to be related to them (by marriage). Jefferson Davis is considered part of the Holy Trinity.