Thread: Diamonds are now a fiat currency

Diamonds are now a fiat currency

Perfect and imperfect diamonds are now being created in labs. There is no way to tell them from the real thing.

Diamonds will become rhinestones. The diamond as a store of wealth or medium of exchange is over, they are now a fiat currency.

Fortunately, gold can not be created in a lab...

Romancing The Stone

Last year, Vanessa Stofenmacher wanted to expand her three-year-old direct-to-consumer fine jewelry brand, Vrai & Oro, to include engagement rings. But she couldn’t stand the thought of buying traditionally mined diamonds, which are often unearthed in war-torn countries and sold to fund conflicts. Here’s how she found a stone with no skeletons, and modernized the engagement-ring shopping experience along the way.

Stofenmacher’s search for ethical gems led her to Diamond Foundry, a Leonardo DiCaprio–backed startup that uses a plasma reactor to produce diamonds in a lab. “[Diamond Foundry] changes the environment in which diamonds grow without changing the product itself,” Stofenmacher says. She decided to use its stones in her rings; the partnership deepened last year when Diamond Foundry acquired Vrai & Oro to help commercialize its lab-grown stones. (Stofenmacher is now president of Vrai & Oro and creative director of Diamond Foundry.)
    https://www.fastcompany.com/40437836...ter-ring-on-it
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Diamonds have been less than fiat currency for awhile . Guy who owned my local pawn shop just passed away recently . We had been friends for some time . I remember even several years ago going in there to buy a few silver eagles or Morgan dollars once in awhile and see what new rifles & shotguns he had in and each time he would be busy popping small ( maybe less than a 1/4 carrot ) diamonds out of gold jewelry he had bought to scrap towards the waste can while he built his stack of scrap gold that he sent to the refinery in Louisville once a month . Diamonds basically have no resale value.
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-15-2017 at 05:31 PM.

They aren't rare, they just have an artificially limited supply.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

They've been in a bubble for ~70 years thanks to DeBeer's mega-successful advertising campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    and this^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    They've been in a bubble for ~70 years thanks to DeBeer's mega-successful advertising campaign.
    True.

But with them being made in labs now, how long before China is pumping them out so fast they cost as much as a Gigabit of memory?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I first heard about what a scam diamonds were when Stossel did a piece on them at ABC. He said he refused to buy his wife a diamond when they got married.

There is absolutely no rational reason to ever own a diamond. And I really laugh at the idea of anyone being gullible enough to spend two months salary.

Up in Dankes neck of the woods there is a jewelry company , Stauer , that has been selling lab created simulated stones for 7 or 8 years . Burnsville , Minnesota .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-15-2017 at 08:11 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank "De Beers" for that.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    True.

But with them being made in labs now, how long before China is pumping them out so fast they cost as much as a Gigabit of memory?
    Hopefully soon!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst