Thread: From Google To Yahoo, Tech Grapples With White Male Discontent

From Google To Yahoo, Tech Grapples With White Male Discontent

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/0...ale-discontent
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ale-discontent

Reader joshtops shares a Bloomberg report:

Google isn't the only Silicon Valley employer being accused of hostility to white men. Yahoo and Tata Consultancy Services were already fighting discrimination lawsuits brought by white men before Google engineer James Damore ignited a firestorm -- and got himself fired -- with an internal memo criticizing the company's diversity efforts and claiming women are biologically less suited than men to be engineers. The Yahoo case began last year when two men sued, claiming they'd been unfairly fired after managers allegedly manipulated performance evaluations to favor women. They claim Marissa Mayer approved the review process and was involved in their terminations, and last month a judge ordered the former chief executive be deposed. TCS, meanwhile, is fighting three men who claim the Mumbai-based firm discriminates against non-Indians at its U.S. offices.
    Reverse racism is ok, but it is not ok for whites to claim to be victims of discrimination? WTF?

Debate!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are a lot of white males in this country....

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Reverse racism is ok, but it is not ok for whites to claim to be victims of discrimination? WTF?

Debate!
    Leave and start their own companies.

The cupcakes and diversity hires will unlikely be able to keep the lights on for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Leave and start their own companies.

The cupcakes and diversity hires will unlikely be able to keep the lights on for a year.
    An amazing amount of dead weight can be carried on the backs of a few productive people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    An amazing amount of dead weight can be carried on the backs of a few productive people.
    The two most effective weapons a man has in his arsenal today, in environments like this, are indifference and "no".

"Will you fix/create/repair/modify this?"

"No."

"Are you able to?"

"Yes."

"But...but I can't make it work!"

"Sorry to hear that"...walks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The two most effective weapons a man has in his arsenal today, in environments like this, are indifference and "no".

"Will you fix/create/repair/modify this?"

"No."

"Are you able to?"

"Yes."

"But...but I can't make it work!"

"Sorry to hear that"...walks away.
    Just like the Asheville, NC tow truck driver that refused to tow a Bernie supporters car.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just like the Asheville, NC tow truck driver that refused to tow a Bernie supporters car.
    Ayup.

I had one the other day where a guy wanted to know why Im not a Christian and I explained my name is Damian, and I went to a Catholic School the year The Omen came out in theaters. Think about that for a second. And it wasnt just kids, it was ALL of the ADULTS also that truly started to treat me like I actually was the Spawn of Satan. He basically said Im a $#@!ing Heretic, verified yet again that I am beyond redemption and repenting will do me no good as I am the spawn of pure evil, yet still doesnt bother to understand why Ive lost all respect for the church or its followers.

I damn near walked off the job, but the drive to eat is a mighty powerful motivator.

(yeah, I know, not exactly related to the thread...)
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had one the other day where a guy wanted to know why Im not a Christian and I explained my name is Damian, and I went to a Catholic School the year The Omen came out in theaters. Think about that for a second. And it wasnt just kids, it was ALL of the ADULTS also that truly started to treat me like I actually was the Spawn of Satan. He basically said Im a $#@!ing Heretic, verified yet again that I am beyond redemption and repenting will do me no good as I am the spawn of pure evil, yet still doesnt bother to understand why Ive lost all respect for the church or its followers.

I damn near walked off the job, but the drive to eat is a mighty powerful motivator.

(yeah, I know, not exactly related to the thread...)
    does the guy sign his emails with "have a blessed day."?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    does the guy sign his emails with "have a blessed day."?
    He is one of those types that will run around all day long and push Jesus down everyones throats that do not want Jesus. The really funny part was either he was asking me about my sex life, like really weird specific $#@!, like when was the last time you got a blowjob from a chick while pulling her hair like a slut and calling her names, then 180's that to "lets pray before my lunch"...
    1776 > 1984

He is one of those types that will run around all day long and push Jesus down everyones throats that do not want Jesus. The really funny part was either he was asking me about my sex life, like really weird specific $#@!, like when was the last time you got a blowjob from a chick while pulling her hair like a slut and calling her names, then 180's that to "lets pray before my lunch"...
    Avoid that one like the plague.

Especially in today's HR environment.