Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOJ Demands 1.3M IP Addresses Related to Trump Resistance Site

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Crimes were committed. Evidence will be collected either voluntarily or with a warrant.
    Then go and get a warrant.

Make damn sure:

no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

That is so 19th century.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Make damn sure:
    I am not sure which side I am on on this because I don't know enough about the alleged crimes, but they did get a warrant.
    https://www.dreamhost.com/blog/wp-co...ch-Warrant.pdf
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Hopefuly Trump would not adopt ways of the "bad or sick guy" , "GFHTKOG".

James Woods called Obama GFHTKOG in 2013
    The Washington Times Thursday, September 12, 2013
    The latest came this week, in response to a report from British press that revealed the National Security Agency commonly provides Israel with intelligence data — without first stripping out private and personal information on American citizens. The Guardian in London reported the item, the latest in its coverage of document leaks from Edward Snowden.

Andrew Napolitano is really angry about this. Watching him go off on Shep. Smith's show right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Good.
    You've lost your god damned mind if you think the government tracking IP traffic for political purposes is a good thing.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    You've lost your god damned mind if you think the government tracking IP traffic for political purposes is a good thing.
    This isn't for political purposes. A warrant was obtained in the pursuit of a criminal investigation.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This isn't for political purposes. A warrant was obtained in the pursuit of a criminal investigation.
    Right... I'm sure they had probable cause for 1.3 million people, right?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

This isn't hard. If a person commits a crime, investigate and pursue legal means (ie warrant). Don't come into RPF and preach that the government can dragnet millions of people and not expect some pushback on your bull$#@!.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Andrew Napolitano is really angry about this. Watching him go off on Shep. Smith's show right now.
    Anyone grab the vid? I'd like to see

- Diogenes of Sinope

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Right... I'm sure they had probable cause for 1.3 million people, right?
    A warrant was already obtained and probable cause argued was sufficient to the judge. This is no different than business records, when you register your information with a business entity, the individuals are no longer the owners of those records, you only have to establish probable cause on the business entity was engaged in criminal activity.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

DOJ gives up on getting all 1.3M IPs from anti-Trump website

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/doj-gives-getting-1-3m-054500755.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Screw that... put the shoe on the other foot and had Hillary won and her DOJ asked for IP addresses of anyone who has visited a pro-Liberty anti Clinton site. Then what would the tune on this forum be?

Oh, they most certainly would have gone after people like us had Hillary won. They did it when Obama won, for crying out loud, and you know Hillary would have pushed that one up to 11.

I'm done playing nice. They've defined a new set of rules, and we need to play by them. We literally never advocate violence. In fact, an overwhelmingly large swath of the right, namely the paleocons, nu-right, small-l and capital-L libertarians, advocate for the exact of violence. The far left is pulling crap like literally gunning down Republican congressmen, trashing campuses when a conservative speaker comes to down, executing police officers, lobbing balloons filled with urine at peaceful righties, and on and on. Screw them.

Now that someone from the right is in office, if they want to follow the law and seek judicial approval to investigate groups that have shown a propensity for violence, so be it. Hopefully this leads to more violent losers like Tim Kaine's son being tossed in jail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12