Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ Demands 1.3M IP Addresses Related to Trump Resistance Site

DOJ Demands 1.3M IP Addresses Related to Trump Resistance Site

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...-trump-website

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

DreamHost claimed that complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day.

“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” DreamHost wrote in the blog post on Monday. “That should be enough to set alarm bells off in anyone’s mind.”

The company is currently challenging the request. A hearing on the matter is scheduled for Friday in Washington.
    https://www.dreamhost.com/blog/we-fight-for-the-users/
    Site in question
    Search warrant

As we do in all such cases where the improper collection of data is concerned, we challenged the Department of Justice on its warrant and attempted to quash its demands for this information through reason, logic, and legal process.

Instead of responding to our inquiries regarding the overbreadth of the warrant, the DOJ filed a motion (PDF) in the Washington, D.C. Superior Court, asking for an order to compel DreamHost to produce the records.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Good.
    Screw that... put the shoe on the other foot and had Hillary won and her DOJ asked for IP addresses of anyone who has visited a pro-Liberty anti Clinton site. Then what would the tune on this forum be?

They should be investigating the terrorist organization Antifa. They have cause hundreds of thousands or more in property damage, they are responsible for the girl dying in Charlottesville yesterday and all those injurred in the car accident, they have assaulted countless Trump supporters with deadly weapons and they may have shot down a police helicopter.

I dunno about the anti-Trump inauguration rallies though.. There were people who had a hard time getting into the deploraball, there was some violence I believe that night as well.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Good.
    No, not good. You're brain dead if you think this is a good thing.
    "The Patriarch"

Good.
    Nah , not really .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , not really .
    So finding and punishing antifa members is not good?

I am not comforted by the DOJ investigating a million and 1/3rd IP addresses .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Screw that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , not really .
    Ok, what are you guys not telling us?
    Last edited by Danke; 08-14-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: For the Original not guy
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ok, what are guys not telling us?
    Well , this time they will find crimes against all the liberals on RPF's and next time it will be everyone else .

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Screw that... put the shoe on the other foot and had Hillary won and her DOJ asked for IP addresses of anyone who has visited a pro-Liberty anti Clinton site. Then what would the tune on this forum be?
    she probably already has that on her private server.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Hear Hear

The only people cheering this are mindless supporters of the NAZIs trying to deflect..

Ok, what are guys not telling us?
    I always thought you WERE a guy. Huh.
    "The Patriarch"

I always thought you WERE a guy. Huh.
    I am gender neutral. Bigot. And until recently, saying, "you guys" could be either sex, but I see you have fallen (jumped holding your skirt?) into the fray. Which pronoun should we address you as?
    Last edited by Danke; 08-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I am gender neutral. Bigot. And until recently, saying, "you guys" could be either sex, but I see you have fallen (jumped holding your skirt?) into the fray. Which pronoun should we address you as?
    Lol, took you a while to edit. Had to think pretty hard on that one?
    "The Patriarch"

I would rather the ISPs not even keep that information. No way would I support any administration going on a witch hunt like this.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol, took you a while to edit. Had to think pretty hard on that one?
    Your difinition of "a while." Cleaning up a post grammatically so AF doesn't get upset, takes a few minutes.
    Last edited by Danke; 08-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Your difinition of "a while."
    My 'difinition' would be 5 minutes.
    "The Patriarch"

Banned

Blog Entries
    So that's what you mean when you tell women you can last a while?

Back on topic... no, not good.

I type with one finger on this stupid iPad, and many letters don't go though. So I have to edit.

but if it bothers you, I'll continue vs. using "preview post" etc.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

She always comes at 4;49 in so anything more is redundant.
    "The Patriarch"

I type with one finger on this stupid iPad, and many letters don't go though. So I have to edit.

but if it bothers you, I'll continue vs. using "preview post" etc.
    Yes, please do. Thank you.
    "The Patriarch"

He is a minute man.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is a minute man.
    5 minute man.
    "The Patriarch"

Not sure you want to know what he tells his interests.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

No, not good.

Not good at all.

Sets another horrible precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I would rather the ISPs not even keep that information. No way would I support any administration going on a witch hunt like this.
    The website creators committed criminal acts and used the website to organize people for those criminal acts. If the voluntary request is denied, expect a warrant to follow soon after.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, not good.

Not good at all.

Sets another horrible precedent.
    Crimes were committed. Evidence will be collected either voluntarily or with a warrant.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Crimes were committed. Evidence will be collected either voluntarily or with a warrant.
    Unless they're Hillary, in which case they'll ask nicely and allow them to delete emails about yoga.

"Crimes were committed." Then arrest the people who got unruly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast