Thread: What Would You do if You were a Congressional Aide?

What Would You do if You were a Congressional Aide?

A very close family member of mine is now a Congressional aide.
    Any ideas to take 'vantage of this? Suggestions you'd like to be made?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To bump,
    Or not to bump....

Don't know.. First question I think would be, what is the political persuasion of your family member and the congress critter they work for.
    "I am a bird"

He is much like me.
    An extremist for liberty.
    The crit is GOP.

Yeah. Secretly record all the influence peddling and lobbyist pressure humanly possible without getting caught, and then compile the highlights into a soon-to-be-viral video after the critter fails to be reelected or the job otherwise ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah. Secretly record all the influence peddling and lobbyist pressure humanly possible without getting caught, and then compile the highlights into a soon-to-be-viral video after the critter fails to be reelected or the job otherwise ends.
    Hmm. I will have to ponder that.

Make lots of rich friends. Become a fundraiser for future liberty campaigns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I don't know all that an aide does, so I can't be of great help...but an aide could be privy to some interesting information before everyone else, yes? Might consider a blogging or youtubing career/side job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well, it's the local office, so actually not a lot of lobbying nor fundraising going on. Mostly taking calls, complaints, and letters from constituents, organizing and tallying them, acting on complaints that can be acted upon (like helping veterans get better health care, get their medals, etc.), visiting hospital grand openings, things like that.

Probably all or most of the corruption goes on at the main DC office. If there is any. The rep is actually probably not corrupt (IMHO).

I'm just wondering if anything more might be done. I appreciate the input and any other ideas from the creative minds here would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Well, it's the local office, so actually not a lot of lobbying nor fundraising going on. Mostly taking calls, complaints, and letters from constituents, organizing and tallying them, acting on complaints that can be acted upon (like helping veterans get better health care, get their medals, etc.), visiting hospital grand openings, things like that.

Probably all or most of the corruption goes on at the main DC office. If there is any. The rep is actually probably not corrupt (IMHO).

I'm just wondering if anything more might be done. I appreciate the input and any other ideas from the creative minds here would be welcome.
    A better idea of the scope of their duties and authority might garner some fresh thought?

Well, keeping a journal of the types of pressure an elected representative gets from the local constituents wouldn't be as interesting and instructive as the pressures K Street and their colleagues bring to bear. But it could still be enough material for an educational and entertaining book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Parties, like every night.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Not a chance in hell. If I was young and had no experience, maybe, but only for a limited time. That place is filthy.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Make lots of rich friends. Become a fundraiser for future liberty campaigns.
    This, if possible, and, (ultimately to the same end)...

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Gather information about who in the community is potentially useful.

Names, contact information, personal preferences, jobs, habits, hobbies, etc.

...anything one might need to know to in future enlist them in some useful service.

Contemplate how the freemasons, communists, illuminati, and similar successful organizations operated in the past.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-17-2017 at 07:58 PM.