Thread: How to buy postage stamps at a discount

Lightbulb How to buy postage stamps at a discount

Most people don't realize that postage stamps can be purchased for less than the price at the post office. The key is stamp collectors, who often buy in bulk in order to find and save particular stamps. At our stamp club in Madison, WI, anyone can buy stamps at about 85% of their original cost.

There is no central database for locating clubs of stamp collectors. The two easiest ways are to call a local stamp dealer to ask when/where the stamp club meets [he/she may offer to sell you the stamps at a discount himself], or, more likely, call or visit your local library, which should have a list of local nonprofit groups and community activities. Most stamp clubs meet once or twice a month in a public place, and if someone has a surplus of postage they will typically be glad to unload it.

Another way to do this (especially for larger lots of stamps) is to buy them on eBay. Search in the category "stamps" for "discount postage".

The only downside is that you may only be able to get older stamps, so instead of affixing a 41c stamp to an envelope, you may need to use a 15c and two 13c. That means some extra licking - but if you're going to need $200 worth of postage and can buy it for $175, why not do so and spend the difference for pizza for the volunteers?

Best wishes,

Minnesotastan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amazing...I am constantly amazed by RP supporters--thank you & welcome!
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lucius View Post
    Amazing...I am constantly amazed by RP supporters--thank you & welcome!
    you can send first class mail for 2 cents......i can show you how!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    you can send first class mail for 2 cents......i can show you how!
    How do you do this?
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

Quote Originally Posted by lucius View Post
    How do you do this?
    This is relevant to my interests.
    tu ne cede malis

Any direct links to online locations for bulk buy stamps?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

thats www.stampItHere.com

not sure why it showed up like that.

Wow. I never thought about this. I love a good deal. I will be searching online to see where this may work in my area or over the web. Always looking for discounts! I had found an Amazon deal for some collectors LOVE stamps that I used for my wedding and it was great to buy bulk at that point.
    Last edited by forliberty52; 04-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.