Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: My take on went went down. In C-Ville town.

  1. #1

    Default My take on went went down. In C-Ville town.

    It was the perfect combination of special interests and government non-intervention that led to chaos.

    If you don't know what went down here is a sit-rep.

    The Unite the Right group, an alt-right white nationalist coalition, got a permit to hold an assembly in Emancipation Park. Emancipation Park was formerly known as Lee Park after Confederate General Robert E. Lee. The city council changed the name of the park and then also decided to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee that is still in the park.

    White nationalists decided that this should be ground zero for a protest and obtained a permit to do so. The city council, after issuing the permit, decided to move the rally to McIntyre park. The white nationalist coalition challenged it, the ACLU got behind them, and a federal judge decided the rally had to go ahead as permitted.

    Liberal special interest groups, some bused in, particularly antiFA groups which believe in limiting free speech through violent action, opposed to the white nationalist special interest groups decided to counter protest.

    The government decided to let them go head to head, by funneling them into each others paths. The two groups were purposely routed into each others path by cops. Then the cops stood back. And waited. For what eventually would happen.

    I've worked and lived in C-Ville and it is not a violent town. The people there tend to drown out those that they protest against with shouts and drums and...bag pipes. NOT violence.

    So if you are on either side of this then you are being played by forces that are moving the national discourse in the way in which they will profit at your expense.

    And that is my take.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-12-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Supporting Member
    Indiana
    Raginfridus's Avatar


    Posts
    140
    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default

    No offence to you and your friends particularly, but I'm really tired of alarmist press rolling $#@! from the coast downhill onto us in the Midwest. I have to drive 14 hrs every summer just to detox somewhere the rumor wagon has no wheels, because everybody's too damn old to use the internet. Honestly, what you say doesn't surprise me.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    No offence to you and your friends particularly, but I'm really tired of alarmist press rolling $#@! from the coast downhill onto us in the Midwest. I have to drive 14 hrs every summer just to detox somewhere the rumor wagon has no wheels, because everybody's too damn old to use the internet. Honestly, what you say doesn't surprise me.
    Then just drop out if you don't want to tune in.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  5. #4
    Supporting Member
    Indiana
    Raginfridus's Avatar


    Posts
    140
    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default

    I've dropped out, the problem comes tuning out family, friends, and coworkers who haven't... Did you mean tuning out the press, or dropping out of the forum? I assumed you meant the press, because I didn't call you an alarmist.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    No offence to you and your friends particularly, but I'm really tired of alarmist press rolling $#@! from the coast downhill onto us in the Midwest. I have to drive 14 hrs every summer just to detox somewhere the rumor wagon has no wheels, because everybody's too damn old to use the internet. Honestly, what you say doesn't surprise me.
    What the hell does that even mean? Try discounting what he posted with facts instead of innuendo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yeah, I like cops. They keep the streets safe. Get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.

    Trump is helping Rand pass his healthcare plan, if you think Trump actually supported RyanCare then you are foolish and you need to go read the threads where I addressed this topic. Rand was talking to Trump 2-3 times a week, and Rand told Trump straight up it wasn't going to pass, it didn't have the votes. Trump knew it wasn't going to pass, so he supported it to make sure it was all Paul Ryan's failure and none of it could be blamed on him. Trump hates Paul Ryan.

    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    It is not about brainwashing. You can support Trump for practical reasons. I think Danno is right about the Syria missile strikes helping Trump politically in the US. The media stopped talking about the sickening russian narrative. Proof again it was just a hoax to manipulate the public opinion.

    Trump made a good call as a politician. Libertarian souls can bitch all they want about principles and being conned. Trump is going to disappointed again. I have enough hairchest.

    Just answer the question. Which game is Trump playing?

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What the hell does that even mean? Try discounting what he posted with facts instead of innuendo's.

    A forum slider that is rapidly racking reps for one so new. But, It's all good. I'm at the point I don't give a $#@! anymore.

    If the owners of this forum wanted to clean the $#@! out I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. I'm sure there are dot-sot-dash coders that could sift the wheat from the chaff. Where are pos reps going consistently from multiple high and low level parties?

    There is no draw in cleaning $#@! out. Might as well shut down your site.

    Everything would be truly $#@!ed if we all just tuned out and made away together. But, that, would never be allowed.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  8. #7
    Supporting Member
    Indiana
    Raginfridus's Avatar


    Posts
    140
    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What the hell does that even mean? Try discounting what he posted with facts instead of innuendo's.
    Discounting him? I said I believe him, it's the press I don't believe. As for rolling $#@! down hill, most of these alarmist stories seem to come from the coasts.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Discounting him? I said I believe him, it's the press I don't believe. As for rolling $#@! down hill, most of these alarmist stories seem to come from the coasts.
    Ok. I guess the phrase "No offence to you and your friends particularly" threw me off. If you take that out it makes more sense. I'm not sure why you used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yeah, I like cops. They keep the streets safe. Get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.

    Trump is helping Rand pass his healthcare plan, if you think Trump actually supported RyanCare then you are foolish and you need to go read the threads where I addressed this topic. Rand was talking to Trump 2-3 times a week, and Rand told Trump straight up it wasn't going to pass, it didn't have the votes. Trump knew it wasn't going to pass, so he supported it to make sure it was all Paul Ryan's failure and none of it could be blamed on him. Trump hates Paul Ryan.

    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    It is not about brainwashing. You can support Trump for practical reasons. I think Danno is right about the Syria missile strikes helping Trump politically in the US. The media stopped talking about the sickening russian narrative. Proof again it was just a hoax to manipulate the public opinion.

    Trump made a good call as a politician. Libertarian souls can bitch all they want about principles and being conned. Trump is going to disappointed again. I have enough hairchest.

    Just answer the question. Which game is Trump playing?

  10. #9
    Supporting Member
    Indiana
    Raginfridus's Avatar


    Posts
    140
    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    A forum slider that is rapidly racking reps for one so new. But, It's all good. I'm at the point I don't give a $#@! anymore.

    If the owners of this forum wanted to clean the $#@! out I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. I'm sure there are dot-sot-dash coders that could sift the wheat from the chaff. Where are pos reps going consistently from multiple high and low level parties?

    There is no draw in cleaning $#@! out. Might as well shut down your site.

    Everything would be truly $#@!ed if we all just tuned out and made away together. But, that, would never be allowed.
    God damn, if your keyboard commando tempers flare this quick when somebody agrees with you, you're probably a miserable $#@! to talk to when they don't. Good to know. And by all means, go ahead and ask the webmaster if I'm somebody else. Just remember, I could be the webmaster!

  11. #10

    Default

    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    God damn, if your keyboard commando tempers flare this quick when somebody agrees with you, you're probably a miserable $#@! to talk to when they don't. Good to know. And by all means, go ahead and ask the webmaster if I'm somebody else. Just remember, I could be the webmaster!
    Well, you are an 2017 August member. So who am I too say? Hell, you are "a jwel in the rough." Within a month. You must be talking such overwhelming good timing $#@! to all the friends I have on these forums.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-12-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    God damn, if your keyboard commando tempers flare this quick when somebody agrees with you, you're probably a miserable $#@! to talk to when they don't. Good to know. And by all means, go ahead and ask the webmaster if I'm somebody else. Just remember, I could be the webmaster!
    Less then two weeks and already at "jewel in the rough" stature. You're a new construct on your way to "beyond repute."
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Less then two weeks and already at "jewel in the rough" stature. You're a new construct on your way to "beyond repute."
    8 days.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.

    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Expect [a government shutdown] in September.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    God damn, if your keyboard commando tempers flare this quick when somebody agrees with you, you're probably a miserable $#@! to talk to when they don't. Good to know. And by all means, go ahead and ask the webmaster if I'm somebody else. Just remember, I could be the webmaster!
    Zippy 2.0?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  16. #15

    Default

    ISIS:

    - Got massive media hype from the moment they were created.
    - Does pretty much the opposite of what it claims it's trying to do.
    - Evidence exists that it was created by the U.S. government.
    - Is supposed to be an organic grassroots movement but never seems to lack the brand new Toyota pickups they need to get around.
    - Attacks whomever The Empire wants attacked in the Middle East, but has no excuse to attack.
    - Shows up wherever in the Middle East The Empire wants to attack, giving The Empire an excuse to be there.
    - Stands on one side of Middle Eastern groups The Empire finds inconvenient, so The Empire can stand on the other side and squeeze the group in the middle.
    - Has a cool black flag.

    ANTIFA:

    - Got massive media hype from the moment they were created.
    - Does pretty much the opposite of what it claims it's trying to do.
    - Evidence exists that it was created by the U.S. government.
    - Is supposed to be an organic grassroots movement but never seems to lack the airline tickets they need to get around, or tear gas bombs when they get there.
    - Attacks whomever The Empire wants attacked in the U.S., but has no excuse to attack.
    - Shows up wherever in the U.S. The Empire wants to attack, giving The Empire an excuse to be there.
    - Stands on one side of U.S. groups The Empire finds inconvenient, so The Empire can stand on the other side and squeeze the group in the middle.
    - Has a cool black flag.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-13-2017 at 06:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Inflation goes to sellers, not to the Fed. If inflation is two percent, the person you buy something from is charging you two percent more. He gets that money- not the Fed.
    The seller has to pay more 'dollars' to cover his expenses, and his expenses 'went up' because the dollar is worth less than it was yesterday, but it's the seller who raised the price--and the poor, beleaguered Fed and the banks that own it didn't get richer devaluing the 'dollar' by printing more of them?

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Emancipation Park was formerly known as Lee Park after Confederate General Robert E. Lee. The city council changed the name of the park and then also decided to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee that is still in the park.
    Seems like pandering ruffled a few feathers..

  18. #17
    Supporting Member
    Indiana
    Raginfridus's Avatar


    Posts
    140
    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Less then two weeks and already at "jewel in the rough" stature. You're a new construct on your way to "beyond repute."
    Ask an admin if my IP matches anyone else's. I'm ok with sharing. The reason I said 'no offense to you and your friends' was literally because I meant no offense. You said Charlottesville natives weren't radicals, so ok, all I said was that the alarmist press was once again ratcheting national opinion with pathetic turf wars between radicals - once again some coastal spat spills into the Midwestern press, when the whole dispute was a setup, that didn't need to become more than a blip on the regional radar. When $#@! happens on the coasts, I shouldn't have to expect it will dominate the news cycle in my town 500 miles away.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 08-13-2017 at 07:44 AM.

  19. #18

    Default

    MSM is telling everybody what to think and how they should feel....

    Wonder why.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    MSM is telling everybody what to think and how they should feel....

    Wonder why.
    On every single channel. And what we should not think, should not feel, and ought not to notice is...

    There were people there for reasons other than racism--like a desire that we not erase our history for fear if we can't learn from it we might repeat it.

    If anyone are domestic terrorists, it's the people who threw the first punch--Antifa.

    I disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-13-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Inflation goes to sellers, not to the Fed. If inflation is two percent, the person you buy something from is charging you two percent more. He gets that money- not the Fed.
    The seller has to pay more 'dollars' to cover his expenses, and his expenses 'went up' because the dollar is worth less than it was yesterday, but it's the seller who raised the price--and the poor, beleaguered Fed and the banks that own it didn't get richer devaluing the 'dollar' by printing more of them?

  21. #20

    Default

    I agree with the OP. This is what I've been saying all along about this. I just had to check to make sure I was thinking correctly.

    Yes, the group who didn't have a permit is the one who should be blamed for all the trouble. Those who invited them should also be on the hook for all of the trouble.

    And I see the media is going the other way with it, blaming those who had the permit.... typical of the media. I hope people are smart enough to see what's really happening.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yes, the group who didn't have a permit is the one who should be blamed for all the trouble. Those who invited them should also be on the hook for all of the trouble.
    I can't disagree with any of that. But I'd reserve a share of the blame for local law enforcement for forcing the two sides into such a direct confrontation.

    Everything--the way they set up the barricades, the way they routed the two groups, the way they deployed their officers, literally everything--was clearly designed to make what happened come to pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Inflation goes to sellers, not to the Fed. If inflation is two percent, the person you buy something from is charging you two percent more. He gets that money- not the Fed.
    The seller has to pay more 'dollars' to cover his expenses, and his expenses 'went up' because the dollar is worth less than it was yesterday, but it's the seller who raised the price--and the poor, beleaguered Fed and the banks that own it didn't get richer devaluing the 'dollar' by printing more of them?

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I agree with the OP. This is what I've been saying all along about this. I just had to check to make sure I was thinking correctly.

    Yes, the group who didn't have a permit is the one who should be blamed for all the trouble. Those who invited them should also be on the hook for all of the trouble.

    And I see the media is going the other way with it, blaming those who had the permit.... typical of the media. I hope people are smart enough to see what's really happening.
    A clever person could argue that the group seeking the permit needs to be responsible for blowback that erupts from their event.

    Suppose for a moment that a group books an event at a park and never even shows up. The group is very controversial so many people show up to protest the group that never even showed up. The protesters cause litter and damage. Should the people that took out the permit be responsible for the damage? If damage was caused by supporters of the group would the group be accountable?

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    A clever person could argue that the group seeking the permit needs to be responsible for blowback that erupts from their event.

    Suppose for a moment that a group books an event at a park and never even shows up. The group is very controversial so many people show up to protest the group that never even showed up. The protesters cause litter and damage. Should the people that took out the permit be responsible for the damage? If damage was caused by supporters of the group would the group be accountable?
    Takes two to tango. The group who showed up to protest the first group was in the wrong.

    It's like having a concert and another band shows up to play on the same stage the original band had been scheduled to play.

    A protest of a protest should not be allowed to happen concurrently. It's a recipe for violence.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    MSM is telling everybody what to think and how they should feel....

    Wonder why.
    Exactly and majority of the press and MSM is Jewish owned so expect for them to show hatred towards the white people.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Exactly and majority of the press and MSM is Jewish owned so expect for them to show hatred towards the white people.
    More to the point, the tiny minority orchestrating this are getting filthy rich robbing everyone else. They can only keep that up as long as they keep everyone else divided and conquered. And if they see poor white men as the most likely to be able to organize and mount an effective resistance, that's the group they'll try the hardest to marginalize, and the ones they'll try hardest to make all their other victims mistrust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Inflation goes to sellers, not to the Fed. If inflation is two percent, the person you buy something from is charging you two percent more. He gets that money- not the Fed.
    The seller has to pay more 'dollars' to cover his expenses, and his expenses 'went up' because the dollar is worth less than it was yesterday, but it's the seller who raised the price--and the poor, beleaguered Fed and the banks that own it didn't get richer devaluing the 'dollar' by printing more of them?






Similar Threads

  1. J'ville FL very concerned on how cars are parked in driveways
    By XNavyNuke in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-29-2015, 06:17 AM
  2. Michele Bachmann having a town hall in my town Friday
    By MomsBasement in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 02:04 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 04:36 PM
  4. Rand Paul in the 'Ville Saturday
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •