Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville Antifa Steamrolled By Car

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Now the source of the news doesn't matter? When did that change for you?
    Because the NYT and CNN usually just says a bunch of horse$#@! made up by deep state tools sorta like what you do, whereas the site I linked to had a compilation of actual original documentation of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Can't tell if unintentionally or intentionally hilarious. Either way, hilarious.
    Can you explain why it is funny?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Because the NYT and CNN usually just says a bunch of horse$#@! made up by deep state tools sorta like what you do, whereas the site I linked to had a compilation of actual original documentation of the incident.

Can you explain why it is funny?
    Come on dannno- people who question the favored narrative here are ALWAYS called out for the news source, no matter what the evidence shows in an article.

I have been several times, even when it was an "accepted" source, if it didn't fit some forum member's narrative.

If a Trump-lover posts, it doesn't matter what the source; if a Trump-questioner posts, they are always called out for the source, no matter who/what it is- even if it's Ron Paul.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Come on dannno- people who question the favored narrative here are ALWAYS called out for the news source, no matter what the evidence shows in an article.
    Even if the evidence is paid for by George Soros
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So in discussing this topic on a different site, apparently the reason this guy isn't getting a speedy trial is because....... wait for it......... capitalism Speedy trials aren't as profitable...

James Alex Fields - When is the trial?

James Alex Fields - I'd totally forgotten the name.

When does this guy's trial happen? Must be soon, but I can't find ANY info on it.
    Google apparently censoring info because an advanced search of his name only links to old stories from last summer even though I specify I want links within the last month or week.

Even StartPage advanced search offers few recent links about Charlottesville. Did find the following:

Oct 16, 2017
    The Central District Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has released the cause of death for the woman killed in the August 12 car attack following the Unite the Right Rally in downtown Charlottesville.

According to our partners at the Daily Progress, the medical examiner ruled her death to be due to blunt force injury.

Heather Heyer was one of dozens who was injured after police say James Alex Fields Jr. of Ohio rammed a car into a crowd of pedestrians gathered at the intersection of 4th and Water streets.

Fields is facing charges of second-degree murder as well as multiple counts of malicious wounding.
    He is being held at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail.
    http://www.nbc29.com/story/36610772/...t-force-injury
    Oct. 23, 2017
    10 suspects wanted in assault day of Charlottesville rally

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Charlottesville police are searching for 10 suspects wanted in connection with an assault in downtown on the day a white nationalist rally erupted in violence.

Police issued a news release Monday asking for the public’s assistance identifying two female and eight male suspects.

Det. Brady Kirby says an adult reported being assaulted Aug. 12, the day the “Unite the Right” rally erupted into chaos and violent confrontations between attendees and counter-protesters.

Kirby says police have video of the incident. He says it shows the victim being assaulted “in one way or another” over several minutes. Police released photos of the suspects taken from video.

Kirby says he can’t comment on whether the suspects or victim, who wasn’t further identified, were attending the rally.

He says the victim suffered minor injuries.
    https://www.apnews.com/59fbefa6f2eb4...tesville-rally

Thu 12:04 PM, Nov 09, 2017 Cantwell - two of three charges dropped
    ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- The white nationalist who was facing three felony charges stemming from the August 11 torch rally on the University of Virginia Grounds is now facing only one charge.

Christopher Cantwell was initially charged with illegal use of a gas, illegal use of a gas with malice, and unlawful injury by means of a toxic substance.

After a six-hour preliminary hearing that included testimony from Cantwell's two accusers and Cantwell himself, Judge William Barkley dismissed the bodily injury and malicious use of gas charges. He cited a change in witness testimony and a lack of evidence showing that Cantwell acted with malice…

…The single charge will now be sent to a grand jury. Cantwell remains at the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail.

http://www.newsplex.com/content/news...456403683.html

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    James Alex Fields - I'd totally forgotten the name.

When does this guy's trial happen? Must be soon, but I can't find ANY info on it.
    Google apparently censoring info because an advanced search of his name only links to old stories from last summer even though I specify I want links within the last month or week.

Even StartPage advanced search offers few recent links about Charlottesville. Did find the following:

Oct 16, 2017

Oct. 23, 2017

Thu 12:04 PM, Nov 09, 2017 Cantwell - two of three charges dropped
    Yeah, I've been following this story also and it's really weird. The last article I found was on the local news site a couple weeks after the incident. The article said his next court date was rescheduled to Dec 15. And that's been it. Not a peep anywhere after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yeah, I've been following this story also and it's really weird. The last article I found was on the local news site a couple weeks after the incident. The article said his next court date was rescheduled to Dec 15. And that's been it. Not a peep anywhere after that.
    and down the memory hole it goes. Make you wonder about the brain cells in humans these days. We don't have any memory to speak of. Our "logic" centers seem to be completely haywire. Maybe it's been the flouride all along...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    and down the memory hole it goes. Make you wonder about the brain cells in humans these days. We don't have any memory to speak of. Our "logic" centers seem to be completely haywire. Maybe it's been the flouride all along...
    According to VA courts online website, Fields case is currently in Charlottesville District Court, next court date is Dec 14 1pm, presumably for a preliminary/evidentiary hearing. It's been continued a few times, hence why no news. His court appointed attorney, Denise Lunsford has an interesting and rather sordid history. The 14th is also the day before fed.gov runs up against the debt ceiling again (15th)...

(eta: for some reason the debt ceiling date is being reported as Dec 8th. It definitely was the 15th before. Not sure why the change.)
    Last edited by devil21; 12-02-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"Independent Review" of Charlottesville Protest

INDEPENDENT REVIEW OF THE 2017 PROTEST EVENTS IN CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA
    Download Report: http://www.charlottesville.org/home/...ument?id=59615

On December 1, 2017, former US Attorney Timothy Heaphy and his team released the final report of the Independent Review of the 2017 Protest Events in Charlottesville, Virginia. It is available by clicking here, on the website of Mr. Heaphy's law firm, Hunton & Williams and at the independent review website established by the review team.
    http://www.charlottesville.org/home
    Timothy J. Heaphy (born 1964) is a white-collar criminal defense attorney, law professor and a former United States Attorney for the Western District of Virginia... Appointed by Barack Obama... https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...othy_J._Heaphy
    James Alex Fields' trial coming up soon.

update: Apparently there was a press conference about this yesterday, Friday Dec 1 - but I haven't found the video.

Video snippet of press conference:
    Investigator: Some officials resisted Charlottesville review
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — An independent report that found serious police and government failures in responding to violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville this...

...Heaphy's report was sharply critical of Thomas' response as the violence began to escalate that day.

According to the report, as brawling first broke out, Thomas said, "Let them fight, it will make it easier to declare an unlawful assembly."

Thomas did not recall making that statement, which was cited in accounts by two other police employees, though he confirmed he waited to "see how things played out" before declaring an unlawful assembly, the report said.

"Chief Thomas' slow-footed response to violence put the safety of all at risk and created indelible images of this chaotic event," it said.

The report also said Thomas initially tried to limit access to certain information by directing subordinates not to answer certain questions. And it said Thomas and other Charlottesville police command staff deleted text messages relevant to the investigation.

Kevin Martingayle, an attorney for Thomas, said the chief disputes that...

...State police allowed Heaphy's team to interview the agency's leader and two troopers not present the day of the rally. But the report said state police refused requests to interview four others "important to our evaluation" and turned over just one document...

...Virginia's Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security Brian Moran was initially willing to cooperate with Heaphy's investigation, the report says, but Moran's office later invoked executive privilege over certain information amid concerns about possible litigation against the state...

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Invest...ymy-p1lZM.html
    https://www.apnews.com/19ada56664ca4...esville-review
    Some reports:

deleted some incorrect info
    Last edited by Valli6; 12-02-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Of interest...

A little clarification on some issues.

Charlottesville Cops Pulled Squad Car From Intersection Used By James Fields After Officer Said She Felt ‘Unsafe’
    PETER HASSON - Associate Editor -12/01/2017

...“In the face of the Market Street skirmishes that broke out after the unlawful-assembly declaration, Officer Shiflett felt unsafe and radioed for assistance. She was soon reassigned, and she moved her vehicle away from that intersection,” the report states.

“After Officer Shiflett departed, all that remained at that crucial intersection was a wooden sawhorse barricade. Lieutenant Steve Knick, the traffic supervisor, was not aware that Officer Shiflett had been reassigned. No one in the Command Center thought to replace Officer Shiflett with other officers, or install any additional barricades. The lack of protection of that intersection left it vulnerable to vehicle traffic southbound on 4th Street, across the Downtown Mall,” it continues.

“The sawhorse barricade blocking 4th Street was moved by unknown persons, and several vehicles were able to travel southbound across the Downtown Mall. James Fields exploited this vulnerability when he drove his Dodge Challenger southbound along 4th Street into a crowd of counter-protesters, causing the death of Heather Heyer.”...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/01/ch...e-felt-unsafe/
    Report: ‘Counter-Protester’ Started Infamous Charlottesville Parking Garage Fight
    LIAM CLANCY - Media Reporter - 12/01/2017

A new independent report released Friday claims that it was a counter-protester, not white nationalists, who started the parking garage fight at the Unite The Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., in which a black man, Deandre Harris, was severely beaten.

According to the report, review of the “open source video footage” of the parking garage confrontation shows that “a counter-protester attempted to yank a flag away from a Unite The Right demonstrator who resisted and fought back… During that struggle, a second counter-protester named Deandre Harris rushed in and used a club—possibly a Maglite flashlight—to strike the Alt-Right demonstrator’s head or shoulder.

The report notes that Harris was then pushed to the ground when the group of white nationalists began to fight back, “which left him defenseless against a mob of angry Alt-Right demonstrators that descended upon him with flagsticks, shields, and pieces of wood.” ...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/01/re...g-garage-fight
    Officer Tammy $#@!lett:
    http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/lo...63f800133.html
    Last edited by Valli6; 12-02-2017 at 12:52 PM.

I thought Officer Shiflett was the d1ckhead cop from Newhart.

I didn't like his character because he acted like a real cop.

James Fields' preliminary hearing is December 14th at 1:00 PM

for the sake of accuracy:

James Alex Fields' preliminary hearing is December 14th at 1:00 PM, next Thursday at Charlottesville Circuit Court.
    http://www.newsleader.com/story/news...ect/598190001/
    http://www.newsplex.com/content/news...461526453.html

The charges include:

- second-degree murder
    - two counts of malicious wounding
    - three counts of aggravated malicious wounding
    - three counts malicious wounding & failure to stop for an accident causing death

..."Attached is the motion to continue in the matter of Commonwealth of Virginia v. James Fields, Jr. Per this motion, there will be no hearing tomorrow, the hearing has been set for December 14, 2017," read a release from Miriam Dickler...

http://www.newsleader.com/story/news...pect/598190001
    Last edited by Valli6; 12-06-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Charlottesville Cops Pulled Squad Car From Intersection Used By James Fields After Officer Said She Felt ‘Unsafe’
    If she felt unsafe maybe James Fields felt unsafe after his car was struck?

Yeah, and how insane is the "failure to stop" charge? Was he expected to stop in the middle of the mob after the accident and get torn to shreds? He drove of to a save distance and then pulled over and waited for authorities. To hit him with an additional charge for that demonstrates the bad faith of the Prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Yeah, and how insane is the "failure to stop" charge? Was he expected to stop in the middle of the mob after the accident and get torn to shreds? He drove of to a save distance and then pulled over and waited for authorities. To hit him with an additional charge for that demonstrates the bad faith of the Prosecution.
    Exactly. I'm no lawyer, but it's hard to believe they can do anything other than drop all these charges. Then they'll have another riot on their hands.

- second-degree murder
    - three counts malicious wounding & failure to stop for an accident causing death

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. I'm no lawyer, but it's hard to believe they can do anything other than drop all these charges. Then they'll have another riot on their hands.

- second-degree murder
    Yeah, I think that's why they delayed the trial for so long. So people would forget about it. I'm guessing the prosecutors are desperately hoping Fields will quietly plead guilty to a lesser offense and maybe do 6 months in jail or something. I have a feeling the last thing they want is for this to go to trial.

If his lawyer has a half a brain, Fields will walk. It will just cost a few tens of thousands of dollars in lawyers fees to be granted justice.

for the sake of accuracy:

James Alex Fields' preliminary hearing is December 14th at 1:00 PM, next Thursday at Charlottesville Circuit Court.
    http://www.newsleader.com/story/news...ect/598190001/
    http://www.newsplex.com/content/news...461526453.html

The charges include:

- second-degree murder
    The hearing is tomorrow. Some news came out finally:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/37059592/...urt-appearance

This was interesting. Apparently the antifa don't want to appear in court as witnesses. I would think if you're going to refuse to testify you can't blame the state for not convicting the driver.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/lo...3961fa529.html

The hearing is tomorrow. Some news came out finally:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/37059592/...urt-appearance

This was interesting. Apparently the antifa don't want to appear in court as witnesses. I would think if you're going to refuse to testify you can't blame the state for not convicting the driver.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/lo...3961fa529.html

A blogpost from the anti-fascism website It's Going Down referenced in flyers promoting Wednesday’s protest, says people should be wary of trusting federal prosecutors.“The same law enforcement who rely on the violence and white supremacy of the state can never be relied upon to serve justice against white supremacists. It is vital to look at this situation from this perspective,” the blog post says.

It goes on to say that non-cooperation is the “strongest and safest option” for activists. “We want to acknowledge that all of us deeply wish to see justice for Heather Heyer. We want to see justice for those injured by James Fields and other white supremacists on Aug. 11 and 12. But, how can we ever trust the state to deliver that to us?”

O.....k......

We've been burned by torches, pepper-sprayed and run over.”
    They burned them with the torches??

O.....k......

They burned them with the torches??[/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I'm guessing they don't want to explain whacking the car with pipes and bats.

They burned them with the torches??
    Yeah, all 6 million died.

They changed it from 2nd degree to 1st degree murder. I hope this goes to trial. I'd like to hear the evidence, especially Field's testimony.

http://wtvr.com/2017/12/14/james-fie...-car-attack-1/

This is such a bizarre case. Video evidence looks like his car was struck before he accelerated into the crowd. The US President declares him guilty on national TV. His case gets delayed for 4 months and he's denied bail. The judge reassigns him a new public defender, one with a shady past. There's absolutely zero information that came out during those 4 months, which is really weird for such a high profile case. All the other cases like this had huge stories every day on the national news.
    Last edited by Madison320; 12-14-2017 at 05:17 PM.

They changed it from 2nd degree to 1st degree murder. I hope this goes to trial. I'd like to hear the evidence, especially Field's testimony.

I think they are inflating the charges so he can't possibly be found guilty, then they will whip up riots when he goes free.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sounds like we were right from the beginning, he was literally scared $#@!less that Antifa was going to attack and kill him with bats before he ever drove down the street.

Details released in court were that Fields soiled himself at some point during the attack. During cross examination, it was revealed that Fields asked how the people were that he hit and cried when he heard Heyer died.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-14-2017 at 05:13 PM.

. Wow. Unless he told the cops that was his plan when they first arrested him, that's gonna be hard to prove. It will be interesting how this unfolds.

A higher murder charge also means more money for the defense attorney. They could just be milking it for all it is worth.

I knew someone charged with 2nd degree murder for shooting a home invader. The attorney charged him $12,000 if it was dismissed and $24,000 if it went to a jury trial. A cynical old man said pay him 24 regardless and that way it will get dismissed. Everyone laughed at the old man because it was so obvious that it should have been dismissed.

The cynical old man turned out to be correct. Now I am in my 40s but my thoughts are already those of a cynical old fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think they are inflating the charges so he can't possibly be found guilty, then they will whip up riots when he goes free.
    My guess is that they're trying to scare him into a plea bargain. I seriously doubt the prosecution wants this going to trial.

My guess is that they're trying to scare him into a plea bargain. I seriously doubt the prosecution wants this going to trial.
    Either theory is possible but I think they want the national outrage trip for the SJWs.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Either theory is possible but I think they want the national outrage trip for the SJWs.
    Getting more interesting:

"Fields maintained he feared for his life at the Downtown Mall crossing, and hit the accelerator in panic."

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37067522/...urt-12-14-2017

I'm confused about something. Shouldn't the news reports tell the evidence the state has to charge him with 1st degree murder or is it a secret?

Getting more interesting:

"Fields maintained he feared for his life at the Downtown Mall crossing, and hit the accelerator in panic."

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37067522/...urt-12-14-2017

I'm confused about something. Shouldn't the news reports tell the evidence the state has to charge him with 1st degree murder or is it a secret?
    I think they usually keep it secret so they can't be accused of tainting the jury pool.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast