Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The libertarian movement has no affinity with the Unite the Right Rally

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh at Rev3's post or be more incredulous. You befriend the very malicious trolls on this site who are attempting to harm the site, and you have the nerve to talk about RPFers sympathizing with others.
    Your opinion on what harms or benefits this site is irrelevant, it is Bryan's. It is obvious there are two distinct movements that operate on RPF. And the only way this site will function for the benefit of either is for both to not give a $#@! what the other is doing and for neither to try 'lay claim' to the website. If Bryan wished for either to 'lay claim' to the website he would do so through moderation. To whit:

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    People can become nationalist sympathizers as they wish.
    Unlike your snowflakian bull$#@!
    and you have the nerve to talk about RPFers sympathizing with others.
    I was not trying to pass judgement. We do not exist in the same movement. I don't care about your thoughts on how government ought to operate nor your bloshivikian rational for your positions. And I find it likely that our (the opposite movement of yours) time is better spent trying to convince reasonable and rational democrats and republicans of our message then the kooks and nationalist that exist in yours. No offence meant, just my honest opinion.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Unlike your snowflakian bull$#@! I was not trying to pass judgement.
    I was addressing Rev3.0, not you. I just included your post for context. That I why I addressed Rev3.0 by name.

And I find it likely that our (the opposite movement of yours) time is better spent trying to convince reasonable and rational democrats and republicans of our message then the kooks and nationalist that exist in yours. No offence meant, just my honest opinion.
    I am speaking of people who + rep and encourage known trolls who are PAID to disrupt the site. Those trolls are the people who have the opposite movement of yours. I am not sure how criticism of them makes me some kind of nationalist. I might actually be one of the few people here who moderates between the various and nuanced views on that subject.

If you can't see the blatant and obvious trolling here, then I don't know how in the world you know me. And good luck with your own kookiness in trying to recruit trolls.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 08-20-2017 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

What the people who attend these rallies think of libertarians:

Quote Originally Posted by guy who is friends with Based Stickman, and LARPs at these rallies himself
    Lolberts think lowering taxes and reducing regulations is how you'll get Americans back to work in place of illegal immigrants.

Except illegal immigrants will just be able to continue to undercut American workers and work outside the regulations.

Just like they're doing now.

This is why I call lolberts "Keynesians".
    It's like watching people eat lead paint chips and depleting their IQ in slow motion.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 08-20-2017 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

It seems like you could waste a lot of time trying to distance yourself from what the predominant leftist culture in this country despises, only to realize that they also despise you.

Not saying there should be some alliance between libertarians and these hate groups, but it doesn't do any good to throw others under the bus when you're standing in the middle of the road.

Surely we've seen enough to know that Democrats want a sugar daddy all-powerful government, Republicans say they want smaller government but fail to deliver, and Libertarians want little to no government at all. Let's face it, two of those 3 don't go well together at all.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-20-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It seems like you could waste a lot of time trying to distance yourself from what the predominant leftist culture in this country despises, only to realize that they also despise you.

Not saying there should be some alliance between libertarians and these hate groups, but it doesn't do any good to throw others under the bus when you're standing in the middle of the road.

Surely we've seen enough to know that Democrats want a sugar daddy all-powerful government, Republicans say they want smaller government but fail to deliver, and Libertarians want little to no government at all. Let's face it, two of those 3 don't go well together at all.
    That is pretty much exactly what I've been driving at.

You handle it exactly like Ron did in 2007 with the whole Don Black/newsletter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your opinion on what harms or benefits this site is irrelevant, it is Bryan's. It is obvious there are two distinct movements that operate on RPF. And the only way this site will function for the benefit of either is for both to not give a $#@! what the other is doing and for neither to try 'lay claim' to the website. If Bryan wished for either to 'lay claim' to the website he would do so through moderation. To whit:

Unlike your snowflakian bull$#@! I was not trying to pass judgement. We do not exist in the same movement. I don't care about your thoughts on how government ought to operate nor your bloshivikian rational for your positions. And I find it likely that our (the opposite movement of yours) time is better spent trying to convince reasonable and rational democrats and republicans of our message then the kooks and nationalist that exist in yours. No offence meant, just my honest opinion.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to P3ter_Griffin again.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

https://www.facebook.com/BostonAntif...938820/?type=3

Hopefully this link works better.
    Last edited by Southron; 08-20-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

This page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Fixed link I.think.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    Fixed link I.think.
    It's working.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    You know that is a satire account, right?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112