Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The libertarian movement has no affinity with the Unite the Right Rally

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yes. The Unite the Right group got a permit to hold an assembly in Emancipation Park. Emancipation Park was formerly known as Lee Park after confederate General Robert E. Lee. The city council changed the name and then also decided to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee that is still in the park. White nationalists decided that this should be ground zero and obtained a permit. The city council after issuing the permit decided to move the rally to McIntyre park. The white nationalist coalition challenged it, the ACLU got behind them, and a federal judge decided the rally had to go ahead as permitted. Liberal special interest groups opposed to the white nationalist special interest groups decided to counter protest. The government decided to let them go head to head before stepping in. The two groups were purposely routed into each others path by cops. Then the cops stood back. And waited. For what eventually would happen.
    White nationalists. Why would they be against the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee? Maybe they're white separatists? Isn't removing all things celebrating Southern history in line with being a 'nationalist'? Because we all know the South tried to break up this glorious nation.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    White nationalists. Why would they be against the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee? Maybe they're white separatists? Isn't removing all things celebrating Southern history in line with being a 'nationalist'? Because we all know the South tried to break up this glorious nation.
    Bongo-bingo. Bingo-bongo.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

So any rally can be shutdown in Virginia as long as the Governor declares a state of emergency?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

"The Patriarch"

It turns out that they're not very smart.

Absolutely. This whole situation was fomented by special interests. Everyone involved were dupes.
    And the beat goes on...

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The MSM is lumping the "alt right" in with the white supremacists after the rally. No surprise. The MSM seems to be making all of the same mistakes that they made last year. They just never learn.

Instead of rephrasing my post in the other thread, I'll just repost it:

The alt-right continues to be the most idiotic, poorly run, self-sabotaging bunch of morons I've ever seen. Words cannot express how much my opinion of this "movement" has soured since the beginning of the year. My opinions on race and immigration are unchanged and I continue to move rightward, but the alt-right is a $#@!ing dumpster fire that no thinking person should take seriously.

Says it all, really.

They're not American nationalists. Plenty of them want to give Mexico back California and Texas and let the progs have New York. On of the most common ideas I've seen is that the WNs get to keep the Northwest.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    Alright here's what I saw from being with the Alt-Right guys who were actually able to make it to the park.

After 10AM we started moving towards Lee Park with several hundred people. We didn't make up everyone who attended but we had quite a force and riot shields up front. Antifa was completely blocking the stair entrance to Lee Park. The Virginia State Police were nowhere to be seen keeping anyone apart. We were able to push our way up to the rally point. Many people got spat on and maced and pepper sprayed in the face trying to enter the park by Antifa, including at least one camera man (from Infowars I think) Dozens of people were treated by medics in the groups to counteract the sprays. With that stuff in your eyes and nose you are pretty much helpless. Our guys were pretty much attacked the entire way up. As a side note, we were told there was an anti mask law in Virginia and that anyone wearing gas masks would be arrested so not everyone was equipped for the Antifa attacks. Of course many Antifa were seen wearing masks and I didn't see any arrested.

Once we got into Lee Park it became more apparent that they may not let the rally take place. Most of the park was barricaded and the people attending the rally were forced to stay pretty close to Antifa. Lee's statue was behind the barricade so we couldn't really get that close to it. Interestingly enough, almost all the State Police were positioned not in between Antifa and the rally, but behind the Alt-right guys. While we had our own people blocking the entrance and keeping Antifa from coming up once we got in position, they pretty much continued to attack the entire time. They had homemade concoctions of some kind that they kept hurling at people up front. They threw rocks, urine, bottles and I think some sort of tear gas at us. A few times it was hard to breathe. I was told one guy got pulled into the Antifa crowd by several people and beaten pretty badly. This entire time the police just watched, mostly from behind us.

After we made it to the park I'm not sure if any smaller groups were able to make it in. I spoke with a couple fellows who arrived late and had small numbers and were attacked by Antifa and they never made it to the rally spot.

At some, I believe Antifa starting hurling some kind of tear gas and all the Virginia State police started backing up even further than they already were and sometime after 11:00 the Virginia State Police (who were still behind us) got on the bull horn and said it had been declared an "unlawful assembly" and we had 10 minutes to leave the park or be arrested. Well, then they finally started to go into action. They formed a long line behind us with riot shields and started inching towards us, forcing us towards the Antifa who were still attacking people. (So to stop this "violence" they were forcing us into the people committing violence?) At this point I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know their barricades were knocked down because we had to get out of the park another way. I don't know how many people had to go down through Antifa as the groups all became fragmented at this point with the police pushing in with nowhere to go. We were unable to walk back to parking so I think most people had to be picked up from a different location. It appeared that Antifa was allowed to stay but they forced us out.

It seems that they had no attention of ever letting the rally take place. They had most of the park barricaded off, forced us to be right on top of Antifa while ignoring attacks, and positioned themselves right behind us so they could push us right back into them. If I believed in Karma, I might say that's what the State Police helicopter crash was....
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    It really is becoming "us vs them" for many of these guys.
    And everybody gasps.

We forget that just a few weeks back a mass assassination attempt almost took Rand Paul's life.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

I would expect no less.

They can $#@! themselves and get the $#@! back in session and repeal Obamacare.

Or they can drink bleach and die...either way is OK by me.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    They're not American nationalists. Plenty of them want to give Mexico back California and Texas and let the progs have New York. On of the most common ideas I've seen is that the WNs get to keep the Northwest.
    I am all in favor of California secession, Texas secession and New York secession.

The two groups were purposely routed into each others path by cops. Then the cops stood back. And waited. For what eventually would happen.
    Since they, "alt right" or whatever, makes it a point to say they "support law enforcement", I wonder what they are thinking now?

Oh well, like I said in the other thread, I'm glad to see this.

I've been hollering for white folks to get off their asses and out in the streets for years now.

About $#@!ing time.

I know it is too much to ask that people would ever come together enough to realize their common enemy, ten long years of disappointment in the "liberty movement" trenches have cured me of that notion.

What I can hope for now is that the communists double down in some way and that it further fuels the notion that "we the people" is, in this day and age, a ridiculous myth, and that the process of political dissolution can begin.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Absolutely. This whole situation was fomented by special interests. Everyone involved were dupes.
    As always. The "leaders" of each group all work for the same team. Divide and conquer while everyone there is being robbed blind and facing a future of abject slavery. Over a statue that is a reminder of slavery (a reminder of what not to do in the future), never mind that EVERYONE is a slave now under the 14th Amendment and how the country itself was stolen in the aftermath of an intentionally fomented Civil War.

But by all means, continue to fight each other instead and repeat history in front of a Civil War statue. The irony is thick.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-13-2017 at 02:03 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I was going to say holy moly… I feel so out of touch with what's been going on in the news lately. And I was going to ask for a Cliff Notes version of what happened.

...but the more I read these threads, the more my initial suspicion seems to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    As always. The "leaders" of each group all work for the same team. Divide and conquer while everyone there is being robbed blind and facing a future of abject slavery. Over a statue that is a reminder of slavery (a reminder of what not to do in the future), never mind that EVERYONE is a slave now under the 14th Amendment and how the country itself was stolen in the aftermath of an intentionally fomented Civil War.

But by all means, continue to fight each other instead and repeat history in front of a Civil War statue. The irony is thick.

^ This.

It's disappointing to me that so many people fall for this stuff.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Interesting perspective;

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Interesting perspective;

Worth the listen.
    "The Patriarch"

The thing is, I really REALLY find it hard to believe that there are so many white nationalists. We heard practically NOTHING from them in 8 years of Obama president (wouldn't you expect protests every day for his 2 terms? even the crickets weren't chirping), then you tell me they are going to come out in force and protest over removal of a statue they've probably never even looked at.

Good fuel for the narrators, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

There are more than enough racists to create a rally that size. Just because the media didn't have an agenda-driven reason to point cameras at them for eight years doesn't mean they vanished off the face of the earth. I don't for a second believe that's why everyone was there. Being sick of our history being flushed down the Memory Hole probably attracted a number of the participants. A southerner does not have to be racist to revere Robert E. Lee. He was arguably much less racist than a great many of his contemporaries, including Abraham Lincoln.

And if there's an unlikely group that smells of being manufactured by the Powers that Be, it's a bunch of violent liberal anti-fascist fascists who can manage to fly from the west coast to the east coast as needed and have tear gas and pepper spray in hand when they land.

ANTIFA got no permit, threw the first punches, hardly got mentioned by the media, drew no recriminations from the ostensibly Republican president, and doesn't seem to have suffered a single arrest. I don't think it's too hard to see which side of this thing was the organic side and which group was manufactured by The Empire.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-13-2017 at 06:46 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Looks like Jason Kessler, the organiser of the rally was mobbed today trying to do a press conference around 2PM.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

"Highest ranking Libertarian representative attending the rally, Augustus Invictus, gives a thoughtful interview after the torchlight rally:"

...i believe you'll find this tone-deaf loudmouth is a member of the stinking rotten republican party inc..if not, the stinking republiclowns deserve him...

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    The thing is, I really REALLY find it hard to believe that there are so many white nationalists. We heard practically NOTHING from them in 8 years of Obama president (wouldn't you expect protests every day for his 2 terms? even the crickets weren't chirping), then you tell me they are going to come out in force and protest over removal of a statue they've probably never even looked at.

Good fuel for the narrators, though.
    There are plenty of neo-Nazis, white supremacists, etc. in this country. Hell, they're embedded in our very government and police forces. Where do you think these repugnant $#@!s go when they want cover to beat up, kill, and incarcerate minorities with impunity? No better place than the PD.

They're coming out of the woodwork now because they have a president that has enabled and emboldened them.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    There are plenty of neo-Nazis, white supremacists, etc. in this country. Hell, they're embedded in our very government and police forces. Where do you think these repugnant $#@!s go when they want cover to beat up, kill, and incarcerate minorities with impunity? No better place than the PD.

They're coming out of the woodwork now because they have a president that has enabled and emboldened them.
    How does that reasoning account for the fact that cops kill more white people than black people?

Or the Somali cop that killed the white woman a few weeks back in Minnesota?

Could it possibly be that you're seeing "blowback" from a year now of direct threats from all manner of voices on the left to kill people on the right?

Including a mass assassination attempt that included the son of the man this forum is named after?

So let's see if I have this right...

Let's say I organized an event in a park and get a permit to do it, then even before I have a chance to reach the stage for the event that day, some other group comes in and starts violent attacks on my group and I'm the one who is to blame for the violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Let's say I organized an event in a park and get a permit to do it, then even before I have a chance to reach the stage for the event that day, some other group comes in and starts violent attacks on my group and I'm the one who is to blame for the violence?
    That's how it came to be called Fake News.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's how it came to be called Fake News.
    Yes, and folks have been digesting that garbage for years.

You got a problem with that?

Didn't think so...

Move along Mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You got a problem with that?

Didn't think so...

Move along Mundane.
    That's part of the problem.....

They couldn't move along, because they were being pushed by the police toward and into the group that was causing the violence.

That's part of the problem.....

They couldn't move along, because they were being pushed by the police toward and into the group that was causing the violence.
    Hate White. Hate Black. Hate South. Hate North. Divide. Conquer.

Brought to you by the Bankers and their Minions (MIC, Multi-Nationals, Corporate Media).

Who's ready for Football Season!!
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast