Thread: Germany: Recent Polls Show Dip In Approval For Merkel

Germany: Recent Polls Show Dip In Approval For Merkel

New German polls show approval for Chancellor Angela Merkel dropping ten percentage points between July and August, The Telegraph reported Aug. 10.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...pproval-merkel
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nothing bad ever resulted from German nationalism...

'I wish I could turn back time' Merkel finally admits she REGRETS open-door migrant policy

GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel has admitted she regrets opening Germany's doors to more than a million refugees last year.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...migrant-policy
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    'I wish I could turn back time' Merkel finally admits she REGRETS open-door migrant policy

GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel has admitted she regrets opening Germany's doors to more than a million refugees last year.

Now we find out if Germans are really really stupid or just really stupid, depending on whether they buy her about face.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The pendulum may be about to begin it's swing to the hard right that Eurabia was intended to bring about.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Disingenuous bull$#@!, probably designed to help her remain in power. Feh...

Germans are now so completely stupid, it might just work.

I would add that Merkel has a perfect solution: mass deportation. I would begin today. Sadly, she will not.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The pendulum may be about to begin it's swing to the hard right that Eurabia was intended to bring about.
    Please explain this purported plan in detail.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Please explain this purported plan in detail.
    Here is the thread I started about it:
    Neo-Nazi Network in German Army Exposed

I believe that the plan is to provoke a right wing backlash that will be used to launch a "Crusade" to destroy Islam.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here is the thread I started about it:
    Neo-Nazi Network in German Army Exposed

I believe that the plan is to provoke a right wing backlash that will be used to launch a "Crusade" to destroy Islam.
    ha. I was going to answer for you but decided to wait.
    I would add this: you've got the problem and reaction described. The 'crusade' is not the end.
    then
    they add their 'solution'.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    ha. I was going to answer for you but decided to wait.
    I would add this: you've got the problem and reaction described. The 'crusade' is not the end.
    then
    they add their 'solution'.
    You may be right but sometimes THEY use simpler methods of manipulation, in any case my crystal ball doesn't show me what may come after the "Crusade" besides wars and rumors of war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This confirms my theory that all of this Eurabia garbage is intended to provoke a far-right backlash and a "Crusade" against Islam.
    Not likely, at least at first blush.

As someone pointed out in the thread to which you referred, there are far easier and less hazardous ways of precipitating a superficially valid pretext for going to war with "Islam". Letting multiple millions of potentially dangerous foreign agents is a lot of work and poses tremendous hazards to one's political station, not to mention the very future of one's land.

I will point out that the assumption that those in true power in, say, Germany are pro-German is deeply flimsy on its best day. If we accept the existence of so-called "globalists" and that they occupy positions of deep and abiding power, then the assumption that Germany is being governed by Germans with nationalist inclinations becomes plainly absurd. The globalists openly admit their goal of eliminating all nations, the first step toward which is the elimination of nationalism in all its forms.

If we go only slightly out on a limb and accept that these globalists occupy key seats of governmental power and influence across the face of the planet, then we can rest fairly well assured that there are not entrenched nationalists in key positions such that they are readily able to mount effective actions against "Islam". They cannot do it openly if they are not occupying key positions of power, if for no other reason than that an army must be fed. Within three to four days of having run out of provisions, soldiers begin to face very real hazards. No food = no fight in pretty short order.

This fact alone pretty well assassinates the idea of a cabal seeking to secure a pretext with which to go to war against Muslims so much as nationally, much less globally. Besides, the pretext already stands. 9/11 has plenty of life left in it. Any nation could credibly wage war on any Muslim nation or population based on the events of 9/11/2001. Let us remember that this is "government" of which we speak - they require no valid basis for action anymore. They simply decide and then act and the people can go suck it. That is the world in which we now reside as virtual prisoners.

Last edited by osan; 08-13-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Not likely, at least at first blush.

As someone pointed out in the thread to which you referred, there are far easier and less hazardous ways of precipitating a superficially valid pretext for going to war with "Islam". Letting multiple millions of potentially dangerous foreign agents is a lot of work and poses tremendous hazards to one's political station, not to mention the very future of one's land.

I will point out that the assumption that those in true power in, say, Germany are pro-German is deeply flimsy on its best day. If we accept the existence of so-called "globalists" and that they occupy positions of deep and abiding power, then the assumption that Germany is being governed by Germans with nationalist inclinations becomes plainly absurd. The globalists openly admit their goal of eliminating all nations, the first step toward which is the elimination of nationalism in all its forms.

If we go only slightly out on a limb and accept that these globalists occupy key seats of governmental power and influence across the face of the planet, then we can rest fairly well assured that there are not entrenched nationalists in key positions such that they are readily able to mount effective actions against "Islam". They cannot do it openly if they are not occupying key positions of power, if for no other reason than that an army must be fed. Within three to four days of having run out of provisions, soldiers begin to face very real hazards. No food = no fight in pretty short order.

This fact alone pretty well assassinates the idea of a cabal seeking to secure a pretext with which to go to war against Muslims so much as nationally, much less globally. Besides, the pretext already stands. 9/11 has plenty of life left in it. Any nation could credibly wage war on any Muslim nation or population based on the events of 9/11/2001. Let us remember that this is "government" of which we speak - they require no valid basis for action anymore. They simply decide and then act and the people can go suck it. That is the world in which we now reside as virtual prisoners.

It is the globalists that want the "Crusade" against islam, they will use "Nationalism" at first but will quickly divert it to Pan-European Imperialism, and they must dramatically scar the collective psyche of Europe to flip European culture back to aggressive dominance instead of the passive submission that WWI and WWII beat into them, Europeans would not embark on a "Crusade" to destroy islam at present, they are too "Liberal" to engage in active repression of a religion or genocide against it's followers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It is the globalists that want the "Crusade" against islam, they will use "Nationalism" at first but will quickly divert it to Pan-European Imperialism, and they must dramatically scar the collective psyche of Europe to flip European culture back to aggressive dominance instead of the passive submission that WWI and WWII beat into them, Europeans would not embark on a "Crusade" to destroy islam at present, they are too "Liberal" to engage in active repression of a religion or genocide against it's followers.
    This might make a good book, but I do not see it as being real anywhere else. What you describe would undo at least three generations of progressive pussification of the European. There are a few large holes in this that you would need to credibly fill before this theory becomes plausible. What you describe flies in the face of good sense, unless Islam poses a real threat to Theire positions. I doubt it. There appears Theye may even be behind the rise of these head-sawing Muslim lunatics. I don't know - world is so odd, I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

I say lets get the war going and settle all these outstanding issues once and for all.

This might make a good book, but I do not see it as being real anywhere else. What you describe would undo at least three generations of progressive pussification of the European. There are a few large holes in this that you would need to credibly fill before this theory becomes plausible. What you describe flies in the face of good sense, unless Islam poses a real threat to Theire positions. I doubt it. There appears Theye may even be behind the rise of these head-sawing Muslim lunatics. I don't know - world is so odd, I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

I say lets get the war going and settle all these outstanding issues once and for all.
    The muslim factions want to be treated as equals to the reigning globalists, their oil wealth has nearly put them into the same league and they want more, the globalists don't want to give them more power, in fact they are currently fighting among themselves to cut down the number of shares, so they decided to change plans and reverse the cultural trends they had created in Europe, but they had already gone so far while they thought that the muslim factions would be happy with crumbs from the table that drastic measures have become necessary.

They told the muslim factions that they were going to help them conquer the world for islam and use it as to control the populace, then they worked with them to create the terrorists, but they plan on using them to demonize all of islam so they can seize the oil and land for themselves.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The muslim factions want to be treated as equals to the reigning globalists
    If what we are seeing is not complete theater, then they want a whole lot more than mere equal standing. They want dominion. Big difference.

their oil wealth has nearly put them into the same league and they want more,
    I do not think that it has, but I agree that they want more. It's what humans do.

the globalists don't want to give them more power, in fact they are currently fighting among themselves to cut down the number of shares, so they decided to change plans and reverse the cultural trends they had created in Europe, but they had already gone so far while they thought that the muslim factions would be happy with crumbs from the table that drastic measures have become necessary.
    This makes no strategic sense. Had the globalists held the Muslims in any concern, they would have ensured they never emerged from the deserts. As it stands they let the sand fleas out because they perceive no threat. I would also not be surprised to find that the rise of fundamentalist Islam has as much to do with globalist muck-raking as it does with the Wahhabis. Bear "useful idiots" in your thoughts. That is what ISIS, etc., are.

They told the muslim factions that they were going to help them conquer the world for islam and use it as to control the populace, then they worked with them to create the terrorists, but they plan on using them to demonize all of islam so they can seize the oil and land for themselves.
    That bit makes better sense.

If what we are seeing is not complete theater, then they want a whole lot more than mere equal standing. They want dominion. Big difference.
    Yes but that just adds to my theory's validity. Those who hold the power don't want to share let alone be overcome.

This makes no strategic sense. Had the globalists held the Muslims in any concern, they would have ensured they never emerged from the deserts. As it stands they let the sand fleas out because they perceive no threat. I would also not be surprised to find that the rise of fundamentalist Islam has as much to do with globalist muck-raking as it does with the Wahhabis. Bear "useful idiots" in your thoughts. That is what ISIS, etc., are.
    They didn't hold any fear of them, they still don't really but they want to nip them in the bud and take the oil for themselves.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes but that just adds to my theory's validity. Those who hold the power don't want to share let alone be overcome.
    This presupposes Theye erred in a manner and to a degree I find nearly impossible to accept.

They didn't hold any fear of them, they still don't really but they want to nip them in the bud and take the oil for themselves.
    That makes sense. What doesn't is that they would re-empower those whom Theye have worked so diligently to de-ball. This also implies a sort and degree of error that would require much demonstration before I could accept that Theye made it. I suppose it is possible - I just don't think it very likely. But if it is, that is actually very good news in that it demonstrates that Theye are not quite as smart as they, or we, think.

That makes sense. What doesn't is that they would re-empower those whom Theye have worked so diligently to de-ball. This also implies a sort and degree of error that would require much demonstration before I could accept that Theye made it. I suppose it is possible - I just don't think it very likely. But if it is, that is actually very good news in that it demonstrates that Theye are not quite as smart as they, or we, think.
    THEY did err greatly because they overestimated their own cohesion, THEY thought that they could use the US as the imperial enforcer forever, but dissident factions of THE EMPIRE have for their own gain undermined the US economically, politically and diplomatically to the point that THEY need Europe to take up arms again in order to wipe islam from the face of the earth.

Time will tell if I am correct, but I am committed to my theory until I see clear evidence that things are going different.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment