Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Weight-ism'

It's a huge area for discussion. Fat chance on any near term policy resolutions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    since he is a good friend of your, please do tell us of all the times you have witnessed him being bullied for being fat.
    Yeah... Tell you all of the times. Quit being a $#@!tard for 10 minutes of your life. Would ya?

Denying that people, teenagers in particular, are pretty dang cruel to innocent fat kids, is stupid beyond all belief. Yet with every post, your idiocy raises the bar.

So how about we do this instead, Slappy. Ready?

Now lean in real close so you really hear me... and I'll speak slowly so this.can permeate your thick misshapen head...
    Get. $#@!ed.

Not in the literal sense, mind you. Metaphorically... as in, drag your giant-tounged, extra chromosome having ass, down to the nearest river, and drown yourself.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for you at this point... and just the knowledge that you have somehow managed to avoid choking to death on Pudding Mondays down at the home you surely reside, simply astounds me.

Or... And this up to you, you cock-gobbling skid mark of a man, you can learn to read more... and post less. It's a compromise, yet one that will benefit everyone involved. Besides, you have to be running out of moronic $#@! to say at this point. This will allow you to pace yourself... And who knows, maybe if you pay attention, one day you'll learn something from one of your superiors.

Now run along, boy. And don't tell mommy I dotted your eye... again.

Heightism is a much bigger issue and actually somewhat legitimate. Short people are statistically the most discriminated against in society.

Presidents are typically tall. The taller candidate usually wins. There is no rational reason for that. Short people earn much less. Black women earn more than short men. Jobs in sales and leadership, which are higher paying jobs, have a disproportionately high percentage of tall people.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Heightism is a much bigger issue and actually somewhat legitimate. Short people are statistically the most discriminated against in society.

Presidents are typically tall. The taller candidate usually wins. There is no rational reason for that. Short people earn much less. Black women earn more than short men. Jobs in sales and leadership, which are higher paying jobs, have a disproportionately high percentage of tall people.
    But.........

Whaddabout short, fat, black women who identify as heterosexual bald white men?

Fat people have one huge advantage. They can survive for extended periods without additional food.

My experience with fat people is that they will tell people what is healthy and unhealthy to eat.

I remember when one of my kids was in 5th grade and we went to an after school activity. It was jump roping for a cause. A physical education teacher from another school came over to help with the event. This person was obese. I cannot imagine why it is not a requirement for a physical education teacher to be physically fit.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Yeah... Tell you all of the times. Quit being a $#@!tard for 10 minutes of your life. Would ya?

Denying that people, teenagers in particular, are pretty dang cruel to innocent fat kids, is stupid beyond all belief. Yet with every post, your idiocy raises the bar.

So how about we do this instead, Slappy. Ready?

Now lean in real close so you really hear me... and I'll speak slowly so this.can permeate your thick misshapen head...
    Get. $#@!ed.

Not in the literal sense, mind you. Metaphorically... as in, drag your giant-tounged, extra chromosome having ass, down to the nearest river, and drown yourself.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for you at this point... and just the knowledge that you have somehow managed to avoid choking to death on Pudding Mondays down at the home you surely reside, simply astounds me.

Or... And this up to you, you cock-gobbling skid mark of a man, you can learn to read more... and post less. It's a compromise, yet one that will benefit everyone involved. Besides, you have to be running out of moronic $#@! to say at this point. This will allow you to pace yourself... And who knows, maybe if you pay attention, one day you'll learn something from one of your superiors.

Now run along, boy. And don't tell mommy I dotted your eye... again.
    So you've personally witnessed nothing.

That was a lot of words just to say that.

LoL USOMAD!

And yeah, kids in school, can be cruel. It isn't just fat kids that get picked on.

I know, mind blown.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-11-2017 at 09:53 AM.

My parents are enormous. They have never been treated rudely, ever. I don't think your anecdote is anywhere near the norm. In fact, I have never in my life witnessed a fat person being publicly shamed or humiliated for being fat, beyond third grade. So to say it happens to your sister all the time has to be an outright lie.
    Seriously? And were you around to see how your parents were treated in elementary school? Seeing how your parents are treated in front of their child and seeing how one egregious, witty, personable guy you know from school is treated, and all in one little corner of the country, is all the experience anyone ever needs to understand everything there is to know about how heavy people are treated? Everyone who says anything contradictory to our limited, two decades long experience is a liar? A liar?

Intolerant much? Arrogant much? Quick to judgment much? Rude much? Like the taste of your own foot?

So you've personally witnessed nothing.
    You're the one who appears to be lacking life experience. Yet you will pontificate as though you've seen it all, and know it all. You should look up the Greek roots of the word sophomore, some time. Based on that, I have my doubts as to whether you will ever outgrow the tenth grade.

Irregardless of whether Helen Keller believes the things he can't see or hear exist, this is an amusing look into the minds of progs. They can't live on backslapping and congratulating each other for being so superior alone. Sooner or later they have to look down their noses at someone. And the more 'protected classes' they create, the fewer objects they can find for their scorn.

So they pick on people who make what they consider to be 'dumb choices', and heavy people seemed a natural victim for their scorn. After all, people can control their weight, right? Well, once they get as educated as they think they were from the first, it turns out not everyone can easily control their weight. There is, for example, a thing called hypothyroidism.

Here's to the most tolerant people in the world, and the day when they have no one left to hate but each other.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-12-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    hypothyroidism.
    umm huh huh, yeah. Ha ha ha.

And were you around to see how your parents were treated in elementary school?
    They got fat in their 20's and thirties.

Try again.

Can I weigh in on this topic?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

They got fat in their 20's and thirties.

Try again.
    Sure they did. What a crock. People don't "get fat" in their "20's and thirties.".
    "The Patriarch"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Sure they did. What a crock. People don't "get fat" in their "20's and thirties.".
    My mom was 5'8" 150 or so when she married my stepdad, who was about 6'4", 200, in the early 1990's. They are now around 290 and 250 respectively (my step dad has lost weight recently, but there was a time he was pushing 300 as well). Both were HWP in high school and their early 20's.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.

My mom was 5'8" 150 or so when she married my stepdad, who was about 6'4", 200, in the early 1990's. They are now around 290 and 250 respectively (my step dad has lost weight recently, but there was a time he was pushing 300 as well). Both were HWP in high school and their early 20's.
    I believe you. Most turn to the booze when they have disappointing kids... yours turned to cheeseburgers.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I believe you. Most turn to the booze when they have disappointing kids... yours turned to cheeseburgers.
    Your troll-fu is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Sounds like that class will have a lot of heavy discussion.

ba-dum-tis
    You win at the internet today sir.

Discrimination due to weight is very real. People think fat people are lazy, lack self control, and are ugly.

Unlike being black, female, and having a biological disability proper diet and fitness fixes the problem of being overweight.

So, you've never known anyone with a hypothyroid condition, so you don't believe such a thing exists?

Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    Unlike being black, female, and having a biological disability proper diet and fitness fixes the problem of being overweight.
    It's an epidemic!

I got a lesson in weightism recently . I put on about 20 pounds when I quit smoking . When I got in muh ultra light kayak dang thing almost sunk.

So, you've never known anyone with a hypothyroid condition, so you don't believe such a thing exists?
    Apparently not.

Hypothyroid problems are most dominant in Blood Type O's. The Great American "healthy" diet, full of carbs, is a killer for most O's and adds mucho pounds.
    There is no spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The top 10 medications by number of monthly prescriptions are:

Synthroid (levothyroxine), 21.5 million
    Crestor (rosuvastatin), 21.4 million
    Ventolin HFA (albuterol), 18.2 million
    Nexium (esomeprazole), 15.2 million
    Advair Diskus (fluticasone), 13.7 million
    Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine), 10.9 million
    Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine), 10.4 million
    Lyrica (pregabalin), 10.0 million
    Spiriva Handihaler (tiotropium), 9.6 million
    Januvia (sitagliptin), 9.1 million

Synthroid is used to treat hypothyroidism.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Synthroid is used to treat hypothyroidism.
    And there are only one or two others on that list which are equally vital for sustaining the very lives of the people who need them.

And there are only one or two others on that list which are equally vital for sustaining the very lives of the people who need them.
    I was simply showing that hypothyroid condition was very prevalent since it is the most prescribed medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I was simply showing that hypothyroid condition was very prevalent since it is the most prescribed medication.
    And you did a nice job of it! You taught me something.

Banned

Blog Entries
    So....
    So you never noticed that people who start a rebuttal with the word "so" are putting words in the mouth of their opponent, or building a strawman?

So you never noticed that people who start a rebuttal with the word "so" are putting words in the mouth of their opponent, or building a strawman?
    So you never noticed that a meaningless, inarticulate, disrespectful 'rebuttal' like 'umm huh huh, yeah. Ha ha ha' provides a body with a whole bale of straw to use on you?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Discrimination due to weight is very real. People think fat people are lazy, lack self control, and are ugly.
    they are.

they are.
    I would point out that you are lumping tens of millions of people with hypoactive thyroids in with people who might actually deserve your scorn. But to watch you hold your own parents up to public scorn in this way is just too distracting.

Now we all get to decide if your parents deserve more of our pity, or if you do.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    muh thyroids! Get ma washin' stick!

Please.

How come in the 1950's hardly anybody had hyperthyroidism?

Get off your high rascal. I am getting the feeling my pity is for you. In other words, having anybody who is obese, tell me they pity me, for anything, is laughable.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Would you care to link to this "fact"? Because hyperthyroid conditions aside (and that certainly doesn't lead to an excess of weight!), I personally know someone who has taken synthroid for a hypothyroid condition since the 1950s.

Gotta love people who remain willfully ignorant of anything that happened before they were born.

So why don't you ask, where were all the people with inactive thyroids before Levothyroxine was invented in 1927? Because I'd be happy to educate you. They all died before their time. That's the mother that caused that particular invention.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-13-2017 at 10:27 AM.

muh thyroids! Get ma washin' stick!

Please.

Get off your high rascal. I am getting the feeling my pity is for you. In other words, having anybody who is obese, tell me they pity me, for anything, is laughable.
    History of hypothyroidism https://www.thyroid.org/about-americ...tory-timeline/

they are.
    While the average fat girl isn't my cup of tea, I find willfully ignorant, slow-witted, delusional douchnozzels to be far... far worse.

Just sayin'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast