Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Americans are dying younger (article)

  1. #1

    Default Americans are dying younger (article)

    Interesting...
    Don't you die on me anytime soon, uncle @oyarde

    https://nalert.blogspot.rs/2017/08/a...er-saving.html

    Wednesday, August 09, 2017

    Americans Are Dying Younger, Saving Corporations Billions. Life expectancy gains have stalled. The grim silver lining? Lower pension costs

    Bloomberg reports:
    Steady improvements in American life expectancy have stalled, and more Americans are dying at younger ages. But for companies straining under the burden of their pension obligations, the distressing trend could have a grim upside: If people don’t end up living as long as they were projected to just a few years ago, their employers ultimately won’t have to pay them as much in pension and other lifelong retirement benefits.

    In 2015, the American death rate—the age-adjusted share of Americans dying—rose slightly for the first time since 1999. And over the last two years, at least 12 large companies, from Verizon to General Motors, have said recent slips in mortality improvement have led them to reduce their estimates for how much they could owe retirees by upward of a combined $9.7 billion, according to a Bloomberg analysis of company filings. “Revised assumptions indicating a shortened longevity,” for instance, led Lockheed Martin to adjust its estimated retirement obligations downward by a total of about $1.6 billion for 2015 and 2016, it said in its most recent annual report.

    Mortality trends are only a small piece of the calculation companies make when estimating what they’ll owe retirees, and indeed, other factors actually led Lockheed’s pension obligations to rise last year. Variables such as asset returns, salary levels, and health care costs can cause big swings in what companies expect to pay retirees. The fact that people are dying slightly younger won't cure corporate America’s pension woes—but the fact that companies are taking it into account shows just how serious the shift in America’s mortality trends is.

    It's not just corporate pensions, either; the shift also affects Social Security, the government’s program for retirees. The most recent data available “show continued mortality reductions that are generally smaller than those projected,” according to a July report from the program’s chief actuary. Longevity gains fell short of what was projected in last year’s report, leading to a slight improvement in the program’s financial outlook.
    This is probably how America's entitlement crisis will be solved. Will the sedentary/cellphone generation live to collect?


    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao! on ignore till 11/1-Natural Citizen



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This is probably how America's entitlement crisis will be solved. Will the sedentary/cellphone generation live to collect?


    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  4. #3

    Default

    So, fifty years of anti smoking jihads, EPA fatwas, macro organic veganism, exercise nuts and all the rest of it have resulted in lower life expectancy?

    $#@! it all:



    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-10-2017 at 05:33 AM.

  5. #4

    Default

    Yes , the government would like you to die at say , 62 . They have none of the social security or medicare monies taken . Every dime coming out of your check now is spent inside fourteen days . 6 in 10 americans work , three of those pay more tax than they receive . So 30 people out of ea 100 prop the system up of paying 2 trillion in tax while about 400 congress and senators spend 3 trillion ea yr . Your govt needs you to die once they have taken everything from you they can.
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-12-2017 at 12:48 PM.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, fifty years of anti smoking jihads, EPA fatwas, macro organic veganism, exercise nuts and all the rest of it have resulted in lower life expectancy?

    $#@! it all:
    The question nobody wants to ask: Are we doing something wrong?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The question nobody wants to ask: Are we doing something wrong?
    I blame the Obamacare death panels.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, fifty years of anti smoking jihads, EPA fatwas, macro organic veganism, exercise nuts and all the rest of it have resulted in lower life expectancy?

    $#@! it all:



    Actually, vegans only make up approx. 2.5% of the US population. So the overwhelming majority of Americans are still eating an unhealthy, animal products-based Standard American Diet. Veganism is still a relatively new thing, only becoming more popular in the last few years. And I know you'll probably reject this, but numerous studies have shown that a whole foods, plant-based diet not only lowers the risk of cancer, heart disease and other illnesses but has actually reversed disease.

    As for exercise, there are still a lot of sedentary Americans, and some studies have shown that it is worse now than it was in the past.

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news though.
    Last edited by lilymc; 08-10-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    "May your kingdom come. May your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
    – Jesus (Matthew 6:10)

    "The vegetarian movement ought to fill with gladness the souls of those who have at heart the realization of God's kingdom upon earth, not because vegetarianism itself is such an important step towards the realization of this kingdom (all real steps are equally important or unimportant), but because it serves as a criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of man is genuine and sincere.

    For if a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals."
    – Leo Tolstoy

  9. #8

    Default

    Actually, I think there are some changes that contribute to risk factors. No sources, just some application of common sense from a chunky little grandma.

    1. We have lost a lot of mining, timber, and manufacturing jobs. Back in the 60s, those were manual labor jobs. Today's manufacturing relies heavily on technolgy, and less manual labor. People are still enjoying their regional cuisine, but are not burning the calories they did years ago.

    2. With the changes in the economy, almost all women work. Taking both parents out of the home has resulted in fewer home gardens, less scratch cooking, more convenience and fast foods.

    3. The growing technology industry is more sedentary. Face facts.

    4. Less safe cities and towns mean parents do not let their children go outside to play or walk to school.

    5. Reliance on government funding cuts creativity and means cuts in funding for PE in schools and after school programs.

    Just some thoughts.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  10. #9

    Default

    The problem with adding years onto your life is that they're all at the end. The value of a life should not be measured in the distance between the beginning and end, but by the quality of the moments in between.

    In other words, dying younger ain't a bad thing if you're enjoying your time.




    Americans spend crazy amounts of money trying to extend their end years. Which really just means they live in pointless agony longer. But they'll accept that agony if it means they can put off facing their fear of dying.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 08-10-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Actually, vegans only make up approx. 2.5% of the US population. So the overwhelming majority of Americans are still eating an unhealthy, animal products-based Standard American Diet. Veganism is still a relatively new thing, only becoming more popular in the last few years. And I know you'll probably reject this, but numerous studies have shown that a whole foods, plant-based diet not only lowers the risk of cancer, heart disease and other illnesses but has actually reversed disease.

    As for exercise, there are still a lot of sedentary Americans, and some studies have shown that it is worse now than it was in the past.

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news though.
    You're thinking of ketogenesis.I happen to agree with keto and the science behind it. BUT you can attain ketogenic state without being pure vegan per se. It does require some thought and research,of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao! on ignore till 11/1-Natural Citizen

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Americans spend crazy amounts of money trying to extend their end years. Which really just means they live in pointless agony longer. But they'll accept that agony if it means they can put off facing their fear of dying.
    While at the same time experiencing the fear of living.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Actually, vegans only make up approx. 2.5% of the US population. So the overwhelming majority of Americans are still eating an unhealthy, animal products-based Standard American Diet. Veganism is still a relatively new thing, only becoming more popular in the last few years. And I know you'll probably reject this, but numerous studies have shown that a whole foods, plant-based diet not only lowers the risk of cancer, heart disease and other illnesses but has actually reversed disease.

    As for exercise, there are still a lot of sedentary Americans, and some studies have shown that it is worse now than it was in the past.

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news though.
    My grandfather was the most sedentary man you can imagine, worked 45 years in an office.

    Never exercised that I can recall, smoked Benson and Hedges all his life, ate the worst sort of "1950s" space food (Grandmother was not much of a cook) and died at 96 with most all his faculties in place.

    My point is we've suffered 50 years of fatwas, jihads and various fads of all sorts, all designed to make us live longer.

    God knows how much quality life time was wasted in endless hours of worry and nagging and pestering and weight watching and fat cutting and cross training and calorie counting and on and on and on.

    How much freedom has been lost as well, with the rise of checkpoints and roadblocks and surveillance and aerial patrols and MADD mothers and forced blood draws to battle the deadly scourge of drunk driving.

    And how much liberty has been lost with the continuing hectoring of safety uber alles in general and the idea that life must be scrubbed clean of any risk whatsoever?

    So after all of this...all of it in an endless nagging, whining, sanctimonious cacophony of "saaaaaaaafeeeeteeeee" and "healtheeeeeeeeeee" what have we got?

    A dumbed down population of fat idjits, too scared to make a move outside the box or even question their tormentors, let alone rise up in righteous anger, that suffer from any manner of ailments both minor and severe, have had their sex drive chemically attacked (for men anyways), and get to die at younger age.

    I'd much rather live life on my terms, and check out early if that's how it goes, than end up abandoned and hated by the few friends or family left in the world because I'm a "burden", sitting in some government home drooling on myself, not knowing who or what i am, while smelling my own $#@!.

    I'll take my steak, thank you very much.

  14. #13

    Default

    Another example:

    Again, over a roughly 50 year period, this is in the UK, anti smoking jihads have all but banned tobacco, anti pollution fatwas have all but banned any heavy industry, cars give off the equivalent of unicorn farts and roses in their exhaust (still not enough, the UK is banning all IC vehicles by 2040) and after all of that lung cancer rates are climbing.

    "Pollution" is blamed, even though quantifiable pollution has decreased drastically over the past 50 years.

    I happen to think these rising rates of cancer are due to EMF radiation from a million sources.

    But banning that would put a kibosh on the interconnected surveillance state.

    Can't have that...


    Pollution blamed for lung cancer in people who have never smoked

    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...oked-r52fr7m89

    Lung cancer rates among non-smokers have doubled over the past decade amid concerns that high levels of air pollution lie behind the rise, a study shows.

    The number of lung cancer deaths among people who have never smoked will overtake deaths from smoking- related cancer within a decade if the trend continues, according to the UK’s largest cancer surgery centre.

    Researchers worry that this shift would make the condition, which is the deadliest form of cancer, even harder to diagnose and treat in time. There are 46,400 new cases and 36,000 associated deaths in Britain each year, and only one in 20 patients survives for more than ten years.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Another example:

    Again, over a roughly 50 year period, this is in the UK, anti smoking jihads have all but banned tobacco, anti pollution fatwas have all but banned any heavy industry, cars give off the equivalent of unicorn farts and roses in their exhaust (still not enough, the UK is banning all IC vehicles by 2040) and after all of that lung cancer rates are climbing.

    "Pollution" is blamed, even though quantifiable pollution has decreased drastically over the past 50 years.

    I happen to think these rising rates of cancer are due to EMF radiation from a million sources.

    But banning that would put a kibosh on the interconnected surveillance state.

    Can't have that...


    Pollution blamed for lung cancer in people who have never smoked

    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...oked-r52fr7m89

    Lung cancer rates among non-smokers have doubled over the past decade amid concerns that high levels of air pollution lie behind the rise, a study shows.

    The number of lung cancer deaths among people who have never smoked will overtake deaths from smoking- related cancer within a decade if the trend continues, according to the UK’s largest cancer surgery centre.

    Researchers worry that this shift would make the condition, which is the deadliest form of cancer, even harder to diagnose and treat in time. There are 46,400 new cases and 36,000 associated deaths in Britain each year, and only one in 20 patients survives for more than ten years.
    I think it is a combination of many things like; arsenic, radon 222, VOC's and other things. Epigenetics! However, if the people were healthy, they would have a better chance fighting off these diseases. But because people are not healthy these disease are picking them off quickly.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think it is a combination of many things like; arsenic, radon 222, VOC's and other things. Epigenetics! However, if the people were healthy, they would have a better chance fighting off these diseases. But because people are not healthy these disease are picking them off quickly.
    Humbug.

    That's all you hear about these days, healthy this and macro biotic that, and organic these all while exercising like hamsters on wheels.

    If anything there is less of those pollutants now than ever before, VOCs in paint have all but been banned, tetra-ethyl lead, banned, mercury compounds banned while arsenic used to be in women's make up and radon is naturally occurring.

    The only thing that has been increasing by incredible factors, 100 to 100th power, and that we are bombarded with 24/7, is man made, high frequency EMF.

    This is also much more common in the developed, western world, which would also explain the declining sperm and testosterone levels in western men.

    From 6 years ago...

    BREAKING: Cell Phones Could Hurt Your Sperm

    http://www.menshealth.com/health/bre...urt-your-sperm

  17. #16

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Humbug.

    That's all you hear about these days, healthy this and macro biotic that, and organic these all while exercising like hamsters on wheels.

    If anything there is less of those pollutants now than ever before, VOCs in paint have all but been banned, tetra-ethyl lead, banned, mercury compounds banned while arsenic used to be in women's make up and radon is naturally occurring.

    The only thing that has been increasing by incredible factors, 100 to 100th power, and that we are bombarded with 24/7, is man made, high frequency EMF.

    This is also much more common in the developed, western world, which would also explain the declining sperm and testosterone levels in western men.

    From 6 years ago...

    BREAKING: Cell Phones Could Hurt Your Sperm

    http://www.menshealth.com/health/bre...urt-your-sperm
    Here you go:

    https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/...emf-pollution/
    https://thegreenmama.com/7-steps-to-...-surrounds-us/
    https://draxe.com/electromagnetic-radiation/
    http://www.integrativenutritionaltherapies.com/emfs/
    https://www.defendershield.com/defen...on-heat-shield
    http://holisticsquid.com/8-easy-ways...-emf-exposure/
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  19. #18






Similar Threads

  1. Americans Are Dying With An Average Of $61,500 In Debt
    By DamianTV in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 06:02 PM
  2. Americans Are Dying Faster, including Millennials
    By Anti Federalist in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-14-2016, 08:38 AM
  3. Americans Still Dying
    By gls in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 03:29 AM
  4. Americans Are Living (And Dying) In A Militarized Police State
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
  5. Americans dying to save face
    By Sematary in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 06:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •