Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale By Owner: No Foreigners

For Sale By Owner: No Foreigners

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...s_to_sell.html

Michigan veteran tries to sell house with 'no foreigners' sign

(Remember that freedom he fought for?)

MASON, MI - Saying he has a right to sell his house to whomever he wants, a veteran has put his Mason area home up for sale with a "no foreigners" sign in his yard.

But the Michigan Department of Civil Rights say he's violating federal and state laws by advertising his home that way, according to The Associated Press.

The sign in front of James Prater's home says "Terms No foreigners Iraq vet" next to "For Sale by Owner."

He said his house has been for sale for about a month - with no selling price, and no offers. He said he's been harassed about his sign.
    So the media is going to get on that bandwagon.....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see this a lot on Ebay. No sales to foreigners...No sales to Islams.

It's funny.

I suppose people can sell to whom they want, though. Racists. lol.

The irony about the story is that he willingly got paid, armed and sent to war by taxes collected by the govt with force to deprive other people of their freedoms in their own land(Iraq), fought for no American freedom except for the freedom of globalist politicians and their foreign counterparts to dominate the world. Now that he is likely going to be on the other side of the gun, he would try to convince you all that he ever cared about freedom.

Also, he could have easily sold his property to native born without the silly publicity stunt, now he would face off against the military machine he once proudly worked for. My hope he comes out of this with a solid life lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I suppose people can sell to whom they want, though.
    If it's housing, no, they cannot.

It's a violation of federal and state laws to deny the opportunity to purchase housing based on numerous protected classes.

I see this a lot on Ebay. No sales to foreigners...No sales to Islams.

It's funny.

I suppose people can sell to whom they want, though. Racists. lol.
    1. Islam isn't a race.
    2. I've never seen that on eBay. As a seller - how would I know who my buyer is?
    3. I have seen "No international sales" But that's not about racism. That's about not wanting to pay international shipping if the customer decides to return it.

ETA: Quick searches of "No sales to foreigners" and "No sales to Muslims" yields 0 results. Seems odd, since you see it alot.
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-09-2017 at 02:19 PM.

I'm all for discriminate marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm all for discriminate marketing.
    It's his house. He can not sell it to anybody he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    1. Islam isn't a race.
    2. I've never seen that on eBay. As a seller - how would I know who my buyer is?
    3. I have seen "No international sales" But that's not about racism. That's about not wanting to pay international shipping if the customer decides to return it.

ETA: Quick searches of "No sales to foreigners" and "No sales to Muslims" yields 0 results. Seems odd, since you see it alot.
    Okay, next time I see it, I'll put a link here. Matter of fact, I just saw it the other day again when I was looking at vintage watches.

And yes I know it isn't a race. But racists don't know that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ironically, the "no real estate sales to foreigners" is law in most other nations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ironically, the "no real estate sales to foreigners" is law in most other nations.
    Give me a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Give me a few examples.
    Thailand, Greece, Vietnam, Mexico...either prohibited outright or very complicated and expensive.

http://www.investopedia.com/financia...al-estate.aspx

Okay, next time I see it, I'll put a link here. Matter of fact, I just saw it the other day again when I was looking at vintage watches.

How would someone on ebay know the skin color of the person they are selling to?

Pretty sure you just saw something that said no foreign sales or something, which is about international shipping not racism.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    1. Islam isn't a race.

I always figured the no international sales had to do with the large amount of theft in the foreign systems and the large amount of foreign customers who will claim they did not receive it .

Give me a few examples.
    If I recall , most of Latin Americas were like this back in the day when I was living in those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Does not count , nobody wants to live there .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Give me a few examples.
    Mexico
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well , I would not buy a rolex from a muslim because all the best fakes I have seen were from muslim countries . Just like in Saudi nobody will take a US 100 dollar bill because all are deemed fake as most are.

I also would not buy any gold or silver coins from China as all the good fakes are made there.

Come to think of it , I will not be selling any lands to foreigners or entering in any treaties with them . I believe in free trade but that mostly means me making money

Wonder if this guy would sell to an Injun? Probably wouldn't take furs, etc.

Most foreign postal services are not reliable because basically , they steal at a higher rate .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Wonder if this guy would sell to an Injun? Probably wouldn't take furs, etc.
    I am sure he would .

Tell that to the Chinese buying up land in Nigeria. I am sure they would think you are the one speaking in Chinese

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell that to the Chinese buying up land in Nigeria. I am sure they would think you are the one speaking in Chinese
    I'm just going by what the laws are, supposedly, at least based on what the Nigerian legal guide wrote up.

If the Chinese are presenting a hongo then I can't help that.

Thailand, Greece, Vietnam, Mexico...either prohibited outright or very complicated and expensive.

http://www.investopedia.com/financia...al-estate.aspx
    For one Brian4liberty said "no real estate sale to foreigners" is law in most countries. This is demonstrably false seeing as you can only come up with 4 countries.

And about those 4 countries, from your link.

In Vietnam, nobody can own land because the whole land is owned by the collective. Essentially we can take that out of the equation because they treat locals and foreigners the same when it comes to real estate ownership. The law says nobody can own real estate. Btw really hard to believe.

Greece - It did not say foreigners cannot own land, it says that non EU citizens just have to go through a few extra red tape. EU members are still foreigner and can own land and non EU members just have to go through a little extra red tape to won real estate. We have to exclude Greece.

Mexico - Again, land ownership in 3 of the 4 land type zones is hard/impossible for locals and foreigners but for the 4th zone? foreigners can own land just as easy as natives. So again, this is another country that treats locals the same as foreigners making it hard to own land in certain areas.

Thailand is the only one that I think meets the criteria of "no real estate sale to foreigners". There foreigner can partially buy real estate because they have to find a native to be a co investor where the native would have to own 60% of the real estate investment or foreigner cannot own more than 40%.

So essentially, we are talking about one country out of 200+ countries in the world. I also wonder if they looked at North Korea for this article

For one Brian4liberty said "no real estate sale to foreigners" is law in most countries. This is demonstrably false seeing as you can only come up with 4 countries.

And about those 4 countries, from your link.

In Vietnam, nobody can own land because the whole land is owned by the collective. Essentially we can take that out of the equation because they treat locals and foreigners the same when it comes to real estate ownership. The law says nobody can own real estate. Btw really hard to believe.

Greece - It did not say foreigners cannot own land, it says that non EU citizens just have to go through a few extra red tape. EU members are still foreigner and can own land and non EU members just have to go through a little extra red tape to won real estate. We have to exclude Greece.

Mexico - Again, land ownership in 3 of the 4 land type zones is hard/impossible for locals and foreigners but for the 4th zone? foreigners can own land just as easy as natives. So again, this is another country that treats locals the same as foreigners making it hard to own land in certain areas.

Thailand is the only one that I think meets the criteria of "no real estate sale to foreigners". There foreigner can partially buy real estate because they have to find a native to be a co investor where the native would have to own 60% of the real estate investment or foreigner cannot own more than 40%.

So essentially, we are talking about one country out of 200+ countries in the world. I also wonder if they looked at North Korea for this article
    I think Mexico has been like that for a very long time . Seems I remember Thailand .I never even thought about Nam and North Korea .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I always figured the no international sales had to do with the large amount of theft in the foreign systems and the large amount of foreign customers who will claim they did not receive it .
    That's part of it too. Different sellers make different choices - it's wonderfully libertarian in that respect.

I think Mexico has been like that for a very long time . Seems I remember Thailand .I never even thought about Nam and North Korea .
    Vancouver charges a 15% tax on foreign buyers.

For the life of me, I would never understand why a country would refuse foreign investment of any kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast