Thread: Fire And Fury...And Profits! Korea Crisis Great For The War Industry

Fire And Fury...And Profits! Korea Crisis Great For The War Industry

Fire And Fury...And Profits! Korea Crisis Great For The War Industry

Yesterday's nuclear brinkmanship between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un may have terrified much of the rest of the world, but the military industrial complex rubs its hands with glee. Profits are way up since the first Korean long-range missile test in July.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    N. Korea is not suicidal, and I believe Trump knows this. Trump's concern is with China and his message is a left handed remark to China. China is at a standoff with India over Bhutan.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    N. Korea is not suicidal, and I believe Trump knows this. Trump's concern is with China and his message is a left handed remark to China. China is at a standoff with India over Bhutan.
    There it is again. Those sympathetic to Trump are always trying to infer what is really going on. (I know you're not a supporter, but for some reason you harbor those sympathies for him.)

I wish there was some way we could get you folks to apply the same standard as you use on other politicians. If Bush, Obama, McCain or Clinton made those comments, I'm sure you wouldn't be trying to rationalize it in your head.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    There it is again. Those sympathetic to Trump are always trying to infer what is really going on. (I know you're not a supporter, but for some reason you harbor those sympathies for him.)

I wish there was some way we could get you folks to apply the same standard as you use on other politicians. If Bush, Obama, McCain or Clinton made those comments, I'm sure you wouldn't be trying to rationalize it in your head.
    So you think MSM is sympathetic to Trump and would never assume to know what he was talking about? Did he not make strong remarks a couple of weeks ago to China about not reigning in little Kim?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So you think MSM is sympathetic to Trump and would never assume to know what he was talking about? Did he not make strong remarks a couple of weeks ago to China about not reigning in little Kim?

Where did you read that? I'm saying that if you listened to Trump without the rose-colored filter, you'd be criticizing him instead of trying to figure out what he really meant.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Where did you read that? I'm saying that if you listened to Trump without the rose-colored filter, you'd be criticizing him instead of trying to figure out what he really meant.
    Trump warns China on North Korea: Help solve the problem or 'we will'
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...m-or-will.html

Trump warns China on North Korea: Help solve the problem or 'we will'
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...m-or-will.html
    Yeah? I guess I'm not seeing your point. The guy is a straight up interventionist? Wants to use the power of the US military to get other nations to do our bidding?

I guess you're thinking because he "warned" China before that his warning to NK isn't valid? How do you decide which warnings you think are real and which ones are just ploys to force the issue in other arenas? And how any of this a good thing? Really, I think you should try inserting someone else's name into the words and actions of this guy to see if you still find any reasonable logic in this mess.

Yeah? I guess I'm not seeing your point. The guy is a straight up interventionist? Wants to use the power of the US military to get other nations to do our bidding?

I guess you're thinking because he "warned" China before that his warning to NK isn't valid? How do you decide which warnings you think are real and which ones are just ploys to force the issue in other arenas? And how any of this a good thing? Really, I think you should try inserting someone else's name into the words and actions of this guy to see if you still find any reasonable logic in this mess.

@4:15 mark listen

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

@4:15 mark listen
    You realize this is straight up neoconnery, right? Geopolitical gamesmanship. You would have blasted any other politician for doing what you're suggesting.

You realize this is straight up neoconnery, right? Geopolitical gamesmanship. You would have blasted any other politician for doing what you're suggesting.
    If it was straight up neoconnery why do you suppose the neocons in congress are taking exception to what Trump said?

I am furious that Bill Clinton was the one that gave N. Korea the fuel rods to make nukes in the first place.