View Poll Results: Multi choice poll: Do you frequently eat food cooked in nonstick cookware?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frequently eat food cooked in nonstick cookware

3 18.75%
  • Do not frequently eat food cooked in nonstick cookware

8 50.00%
  • Consider nonstick cookware mostly safe

1 6.25%
  • Consider nonstick cookware significantly risky

7 43.75%
  • Other

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you frequently eat food cooked in nonstick cookware?

Thank you all for your views.

Had expected anti-nonstick sentiment but bit surprised that so few consider nonstick cookware safe given their widespread use. Maybe risks are greater than cited in MSM reports, there are definitely many unknowns like other modern things (such as cell phone radiation etc). Sometimes I wonder maybe ignorance is a bliss.

Took out the dusty Lodge cast iron skillete encouraged by suggestions above, after heavy butter seasoning it does seem much easier to cook eggs on.

As for few comments about ceramic coated cookware, had looked into few on Amazon while back but got bit scared after reading comments about chemicals used on china made cookware/false advertizements. Will have to research more.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I don't cook my food, so no.

But you still eat cooked food, I'm almost sure

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Thank you all for your views.

Had expected anti-nonstick sentiment but bit surprised that so few consider nonstick cookware safe given their widespread use. Maybe risks are greater than cited in MSM reports, there are definitely many unknowns like other modern things (such as cell phone radiation etc). Sometimes I wonder maybe ignorance is a bliss.

Took out the dusty Lodge cast iron skillete encouraged by suggestions above, after heavy butter seasoning it does seem much easier to cook eggs on.

As for few comments about ceramic coated cookware, had looked into few on Amazon while back but got bit scared after reading comments about chemicals used on china made cookware/false advertizements. Will have to research more.

Oldtimers use bacon grease or crisco to season...

Modern 'science' calls for grapeseed oil.

Butter burns too easily to use for seasoning but it's good to cook with.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bacon grease or coconut oil here to season.. sometimes both depending on if I have bacon grease handy
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    The really good pans sold today might come close to the dime store crap of 100 years ago, but nobody's making anything similar to the nicer stuff of yesteryear.
    It's so hard to find good pans these days.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    bacon grease or coconut oil here to season.. sometimes both depending on if I have bacon grease handy
    How does coconut oil season? I use it in my coffee and it makes the coffee less bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I use coconut oil to season my Lodge cast iron. I also use it to season my copper pan.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Well, actually I don't eat cooked. 100% raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12