Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent ‘man tax’

Angry Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent ‘man tax’

A CAFE is making waves after it began charging blokes more money in a bid to close the gender pay gap.

The feminist vegan owner of Handsome Her eatery in Melbourne, Australia, is making them pay an 18 per cent “man tax” as well as giving women priority over seating.

Owner Alex O’Brien told Broadsheet website: “I do want people to think about it, because we’ve had this (pay discrepancy) for decades and decades and we’re bringing it to the forefront of people’s minds.

“I like that it is making men stop and question their privilege a little bit.”

Ms O’Brien says the response from her customers has been positive, with one man even donating $50 (£30) to the cause.

She said: “There’s been nothing but positivity from everyone, males and females.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/417671...elbourne-cafe/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Real men shouldn't eat at vegan joints anyway.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yeah. The manliest ones who do only do it to get the vegan chicks.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

well aint that some back of the bus$hit...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

She said that it was optional. They don't have to pay it if they don't want. Seems like she's respecting one's freedom of choice.

As far as seating ladies first, I dunno. What guy is gonna say 'no me first.' Ladies are always first. I even pull her chair out for her. It's how ya get laid nice and good, boys. lol.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-05-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    She said that it was optional. They don't have to pay it if they don't want. Seems like she's respecting one's freedom of choice.

As far as seating ladies first, I dunno. What guy is gonna say 'no me first.' Ladies are always first. I even pull her chair out for her. It's how ya get laid nice and good, boys. lol.
    How do you feel about ladies night? No cover, etc.

oh wait, nvm. You wear a big wristwatch.
    Last edited by Danke; 08-05-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How do you feel about ladies night? No cover, etc.

oh wait, nvm. You were a big wristwatch.
    Oh. Well, I don't go to the club alone so I look at it like they're saving me money by not making me pay her cover.

And I'll have you kow that my baby said my big watch looks masculine.

There's nothing manly about eating meat. In fact, imo the opposite is true.

Oh, and btw...

Last edited by lilymc; 08-05-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post

Oh, and btw...

Why would I eat grass and become as dumb as an ox when I could eat a balanced diet and be as strong and smart as a bear?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh, and btw...

Hm, maybe you are onto something. Perhaps Lions would be stronger if they cut out the middleman and ate grass as well.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Hm, maybe you are onto something. Perhaps Lions would be stronger if they cut out the middleman and ate grass as well.
    Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the elephant and rhinoceros that they're not very strong, what with all that plant eating.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Why would I eat grass and become as dumb as an ox when I could eat a balanced diet and be as strong and smart as a bear?
    But think how much healthier and stronger those bears would be if they gave up eating fish meat and honey and went vegan.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the elephant and rhinoceros that they're not very strong, what with all that plant eating.

you know that is about all a herbivore does all day long, right? Stupid animals is what you aspire to...no Internet for you, haha.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

But think how much healthier and stronger those bears would be if they gave up eating fish meat and honey and went vegan.
    They would end up like this

Not where I want to end up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Did anybody say the Ox wasn't strong? He is strong. You often have pictures of cute kittens, so tell me, have you tried feeding them a vegan diet? How long do they live one one? The cat food with less meat used to make my cats unhealthy within a couple generations their kittens were dying at birth. there have been studies done on it.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

you know that is about all a herbivore does all day long, right?
    not true, the other half of the day they are pooping. Ever seen a rhino take a dump? It is simply awe-inspiring. its like a giant blackhole opening up and watermelon sized turds dropping out by the dozen.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    not true, the other half of the day they are pooping. Ever seen a rhino take a dump? It is simply awe-inspiring. its like a giant blackhole opening up and watermelon sized turds dropping out by the dozen.
    I'll take your word on that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

go to your local zoo, check it out, its a sight worth seeing.

Oh, and btw...

Wiliam's just stirring up sht. lol. Rep hoing.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    go to your local zoo, check it out, its a sight worth seeing.
    Riight. Shouldn't you be checking the ph levels in your swim pool now before going to bed?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Did anybody say the Ox wasn't strong? He is strong. You often have pictures of cute kittens, so tell me, have you tried feeding them a vegan diet? How long do they live one one? The cat food with less meat used to make my cats unhealthy within a couple generations their kittens were dying at birth. there have been studies done on it.
    Yes, cats are carnivores. I'm not sure what your point is though...humans are not obligate carnivores. Why bring up kitties?

― Henry David Thoreau

Riight. Shouldn't you be checking the ph levels in your swim pool now before going to bed?
    already did, just got out of it. its currently up at hottub temperature. thanks for checking.

Wiliam's just stirring up sht. lol. Rep hoing.
    Yep. Well, it was a little boring around here earlier so I can understand someone wanting to stir the pot, ha ha.

― Henry David Thoreau

Yes, cats are carnivores. I'm not sure what your point is though...humans are not obligate carnivores. Why bring up kitties?
    Man is not an ox either, he is an omnivore like a bear.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep. Well, it was a little boring around here earlier so I can understand someone wanting to stir the pot, ha ha.
    I suppose.

Anyway. It's getting late. Come on...

The tree hugging granola crowd will be looking to ban cats and dogs soon because climate change.

I suppose.

Anyway. It's getting late. Come on...
    Ok.

― Henry David Thoreau

I guess now that gender is fluid, I guess a man can say, "Wow, you shouldn't judge by appearances. I don't self-identify that way."
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Yeah. The manliest ones who do only do it to get the vegan chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast