Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent ‘man tax’

Ms O’Brien says the response from her customers has been positive, with one man even donating $50 (£30) to the cause.

She said: “There’s been nothing but positivity from everyone, males and females.”
    In any urban setting, there is never a shortage of metrosexual manginas.

Comes from eating too much tofu soy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

As always, thanks for the visuals, AF...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    As always, thanks for the visuals, AF...
    No problem brother, any time, glad to help out.

No problem brother, any time, glad to help out.
    I'd imagine Specs is sharing that with his kids as a "Learning" experience.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How do you feel about ladies night? No cover, etc.

oh wait, nvm. You wear a big wristwatch.
    Has that one been contested in court? The door man at a club letting the ladies in free and charging the men a cover charge seems like it would violate the federal CRA laws.

I called out a club doorman on discrimination once who wouldn't let me in because I had flip flops on but had let numerous women in wearing flip flop type footwear. He actually ended up letting me in.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Has that one been contested in court? The door man at a club letting the ladies in free and charging the men a cover charge seems like it would violate the federal CRA laws.
    Probably but it wouldn't be very fun sitting in a club full of men.:P

I called out a club doorman on discrimination once who wouldn't let me in because I had flip flops on but had let numerous women in wearing flip flop type footwear. He actually ended up letting me in.
    I would've told ya to sue me. I actually have told customers to sue me when they got mad at me for enforcing bar rules and dress codes. No one ever did. We've been turned away from places because Mr A was under dressed. The strangest was a little tiki bar on the beach in Florida. This place was a DUMP on the beach and they said Mr A needed a collared shirt. They gave him one to wear but it smelled like BO so we left.

To be fair a lot of women's "flip flop type footwear" can be rather dressy. Men's not so much.

There's a big difference between this

and this (and I picked a nice pair of mens flip flops for my example - most of them are more athletic looking)

Another example would be tank tops. Big difference between a man in a tank top and a woman. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

As far as the Vegan cafe goes, what's left of the free market will decide it's fate. I don't see too many vegan cafes making it and one with all those silly rules is just making it hard on itself. Not to mention she sends take out coffee in mugs. She either has to charge an arm and a leg for that coffee or she's going broke.

I also read in another article that she has a female only staff and we saw how well that worked out in AF's Where are the good men? thread.

As far as the discrimination part goes, it doesn't bother me. I believe in a businesses right to conduct business as they see fit. If I don't like it, I politely tell them why and spend my money somewhere else. If they get enough complaints and start losing money, they either change their rules or go broke. If their rule makes them money, then more power to them.

Besides, how many men are hanging out at the Handsome Her? o_O Sounds like a lesbian cafe to me. Maybe her man tax appeals to the lesbo cat hoarder crowd. If so, good. I don't want them clogging up the line somewhere I might go with their weird ass coffee orders anyway.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Probably but it wouldn't be very fun sitting in a club full of men.:P

I would've told ya to sue me. I actually have told customers to sue me when they got mad at me for enforcing bar rules and dress codes. No one ever did. We've been turned away from places because Mr A was under dressed. The strangest was a little tiki bar on the beach in Florida. This place was a DUMP on the beach and they said Mr A needed a collared shirt. They gave him one to wear but it smelled like BO so we left.

To be fair a lot of women's "flip flop type footwear" can be rather dressy. Men's not so much.

There's a big difference between this

and this (and I picked a nice pair of mens flip flops for my example - most of them are more athletic looking)

Another example would be tank tops. Big difference between a man in a tank top and a woman. o_O
    I don't disagree from a libertarian point of view. But I think they were violating federal law. Which I worked as my angle to get into the club.

Another example would be tank tops. Big difference between a man in a tank top and a woman.
    Completely sexist.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-06-2017 at 07:01 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't disagree from a libertarian point of view. But I think they were violating federal law. Which I worked as my angle to get into the club.
    $#@!ty doorman. Had no balls.

Completely sexist.

I totally am.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Yes, cats are carnivores. I'm not sure what your point is though...humans are not obligate carnivores. Why bring up kitties?
    Humans are not obligate vegetable either, ask the Eskimos what veggies they eat. I bring up kitties because you think they are wonderful but they eat meat. Also because you seem to think in a perfect God centered world everyone and everything will be Vegan, that is physically not possible in this day and age. Cats would go extinct unless God changes the rules of nature, he may well, but he hasn't. So like my Bible tells me Jesus did, I will continue to eat animal products.
    Last edited by William Tell; 08-06-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Wiliam's just stirring up sht. lol. Rep hoing.
    That's a little harsh, bro. This thread was more about feminism and equality than veganism originally. Maybe I hit too close to home on why dudes go to vegan cafes. It's OK though, you're still a real man.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Do they give men 18% more vegetables?

More importantly what kind of a man frequents vegan restaurants in the first place?

I suppose one could order side dishes there if he were so inclined, those folks gotta be good at seasoning vegetables to where they can eat 'em all day every day...

So you used the threat of government to coerce the establishment into doing something they didn't want to instead of respecting their policy. Very libertarian of you.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

More importantly what kind of a man frequents vegan restaurants in the first place?

I suppose one could order side dishes there if he were so inclined, those folks gotta be good at seasoning vegetables to where they can eat 'em all day every day...
    In any urban setting, there is never a shortage of metrosexual manginas. [snip]
    Question answered.
    "The Patriarch"

I don't know about "frequents" but its ok once in awhile. I had a "tso's chicken" at a vegan Chinese place once that was excellent, they used walnuts instead of chicken.

Maybe the question should be what kind of man frequents a vegan restaurant that has a 18% surcharge on men, because patriarchy and all that stuff.
    "The Patriarch"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That's a little harsh, bro. This thread was more about feminism and equality than veganism originally. Maybe I hit too close to home on why dudes go to vegan cafes. It's OK though, you're still a real man.

Well, I agree with you guys about the feminist aspect of it. And I agree with you guys on the institutionalized equality aspect of it. Although that hasn't really been the nature of discusssion here, now has it?

But much like the bake my cake stuff last year, let the free market decide it. The answer to that problem was that if they didn't like our policy, then open up your own cake store or find someone who will bake it for you.

Now. People are free to walk by her cafe. And, as was said in your own link (which you failed to mention), they're also free to choose not to pay extra. They're not forced to pay extra. They'll still be served regardless if they choose to have a vegan lunch. This is the beauty of freedom of choice. But...walk by and throw in a few choice words in someone's direction insulting his manhood when all he's doing is having some kind of vegan lunch, that might be grounds for lumps. He's not bothering you.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-06-2017 at 11:16 AM.

As far as the Vegan cafe goes, what's left of the free market will decide it's fate. I don't see too many vegan cafes making it and one with all those silly rules is just making it hard on itself. Not to mention she sends take out coffee in mugs. She either has to charge an arm and a leg for that coffee or she's going broke.

I also read in another article that she has a female only staff and we saw how well that worked out in AF's Where are the good men? thread.

As far as the discrimination part goes, it doesn't bother me. I believe in a businesses right to conduct business as they see fit. If I don't like it, I politely tell them why and spend my money somewhere else. If they get enough complaints and start losing money, they either change their rules or go broke. If their rule makes them money, then more power to them.

Besides, how many men are hanging out at the Handsome Her? o_O Sounds like a lesbian cafe to me. Maybe her man tax appeals to the lesbo cat hoarder crowd. If so, good. I don't want them clogging up the line somewhere I might go with their weird ass coffee orders anyway.
    LOL +rep

In any urban setting, there is never a shortage of metrosexual manginas.

Comes from eating too much tofu soy.
    Soy contains an estrogen imitator.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Soy contains an estrogen imitator.
    Actually, a product that most people consider "manly" actually has the most potent phytoestrogen, and that is beer.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Actually, a product that most people consider "manly" actually has the most potent phytoestrogen, and that is beer.
    So does that mean that the urban 'male' is the fault of beer battered tofu burgers?

Wouldn't surprise me, hence the agenda to pour as much beer into men as possible even though we all know beer ain't really all that great. Along with the feminizing (and poisoning) soy in everything. And less meat, since meat intake increases testosterone production. The eventual result? A more compliant male sex, less inclined to violently oppose whatever the future may hold.

I betcha AF's avatar wasn't eating soy and drinking beer. Fish, rabbit and mead or wines, probably.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-06-2017 at 01:01 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me, hence the agenda to pour as much beer into men as possible even though we all know beer ain't really all that great. Along with the feminizing (and poisoning) soy in everything. And less meat, since meat intake increases testosterone production. The eventual result? A more compliant male sex, less inclined to violently oppose whatever the future may hold.

I betcha AF's avatar wasn't eating soy and drinking beer.
    I'm seeing so many false, outdated stereotypes around here that I don't know where to begin. Based on what I've learned so far, it's not meat that can boost testosterone, there are certain nutrients that can do that, but those nutrients can be found in non-animal products.

This idea that eating meat is manly is downright retarded. There are a fast-growing number of vegan athletes, vegan bodybuilders, who have proven by changing their diet that they are stronger, faster and have less problems after workouts.

So some of you are simply wrong on this one. There's nothing manly about picking on someone who's not your own size. In fact to me that is the opposite of manly. A masculine man is supposed to be a protector. To have no regard for those who are weak and vulnerable (animals) is not only a horrible quality, it is the opposite of masculine.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm seeing so many false, outdated stereotypes around here that I don't know where to begin. Based on what I've learned so far, it's not meat that can boost testosterone, there are certain nutrients that can do that, but those nutrients can be found in non-animal products.

This idea that eating meat is manly is downright retarded. There are a fast-growing number of vegan athletes, vegan bodybuilders, who have proven by changing their diet that they are stronger, faster and have less problems after workouts.

So some of you are simply wrong on this one. There's nothing manly about picking on someone who's not your own size. In fact to me that is the opposite of manly. A masculine man is supposed to be a protector. To have no regard for those who are weak and vulnerable (animals) is not only a horrible quality, it is the opposite of masculine.
    I can't respond to a purely emotional post, sorry. And for the record, my SO of 10+ years has been vegan for 8 of those years so I've heard all of the blog-speak arguments advocating for veganism many times already.

A masculine man is supposed to be a protector.
    Personally, I believe that it is more masculine to protect the weak than to prey on the weak unnecessarily. Also soy isn't needed at all to go without meat, and there have been studies showing no link between soy and lower testosterone. In the end, eat however you want, but I think it's good to be aware that it can be healthy, easy, and tasty to go without meat, and that any nutrient in meat that humans need can be found easily in plants or milk so the purpose of eating meat is therefore mostly for taste preference rather than nutrition. I don't want to tell people what to do, but I think that it is good to be aware of these things as part of the decision of how someone chooses to eat, and to make a conscious decision about it. For example, I think it is better to hunt and be aware of the whole process than to pick up prepackaged meats at the grocery store while hating hunters.

18% is a small price to pay to enjoy a gluten-free tofurkey wrap in the company of angry lesbians...

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    I think it is better to hunt and be aware of the whole process than to pick up prepackaged meats at the grocery store while hating hunters.
    I'm with ya'!

My son started butchering his kills at 6....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast