Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Why haven't they done it already to someone like Rand?
    They accused Randal of assault and kidnapping. It is also a different tone right now, this whole sex assault thing is in the media right now, its quite timely. If Randal was running now I wouldn't put it past them.

As far as Moore, except for 1 heavy petting claim and the newest claim the rest are just basically dating with consensual teens with no sex involved right?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    They accused Randal of assault and kidnapping. It is also a different tone right now, this whole sex assault thing is in the media right now, its quite timely. If Randal was running now I wouldn't put it past them.

As far as Moore, except for 1 heavy petting claim and the newest claim the rest are just basically dating with consensual teens with no sex involved right?
    Yea just a 30+ year old dude dating high schoolers, and buying alcohol for them, not creepy at all. Not indicative of larger psychological issues or ulterior motives. Just a normal, everyday member of the Christian Taliban.

Why, at this point, is it seen as ironic for the God-warrior type to be guilty of such immoral actions? It happens more often than not. Like the anti abortion guy wanting an abortion for his mistress. Or all the priests that touch kids or cover-up the ones that do. Or all the anti-gays trying to hide their own homosexuality. You know, there's a huge chance that anyone who says "it's a choice to be gay" is probably gay as $#@! themselves

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Re the "they framed him" theory,

Do you think McConnell et al want to hand this seat, along with others in both houses, to the Dems in 2018? If not, do you think they'd risk painting themselves as the party of child molesters (what the Dems are already working on, I guarantee you), just to prevent Roy run-of-the-mill Christian conservative from entering the Senate? McConnell's a son of a bitch, but he's not an idiot.
    Ever hear of Todd Akin? They would rather have McCaskill than a conservative in the senate, I am sure this time it's no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Ever hear of Todd Akin? They would rather have McCaskill than a conservative in the senate, I am sure this time it's no different.
    oh you mean the guy who knew absolutely nothing about biology, pretended he did, looked like a total idiot, and rightfully lost the election because of it?

And Rand immediately denied it and said it was flat out lie. He didn't dance around and say he didn't "generally go around kidnapping girls" or something. Or deny it and go on to say that it happened 40 years ago. Or go back and forth saying who he knew or didn't know.

Like I said, even if all of this is false, he's not handling it well at all. How's he going to respond to real pressure in Senate? My guess is not very well, especially with this still hanging over his head.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Yea just a 30+ year old dude dating high schoolers, and buying alcohol for them, not creepy at all. Not indicative of larger psychological issues or ulterior motives. Just a normal, everyday member of the Christian Taliban.
    1. only one claimed the alcohol. he denied it and she was 18+. you never had a drink or had somebody buy you alcohol when you were 18?

2. I don't get a sense that it was creepy, infact I'm not sure how abnormal it was 40 years ago for a decade older guy to be dating a 17/18yr old teen. It strikes me as more stepford-wife than creepy. times have changed for sure. All the claims are from nearly 40 years ago? pfft, I really couldn't give a $#@! and I'm not religious.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-14-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    And Rand immediately denied it and said it was flat out lie. He didn't dance around and say he didn't "generally go around kidnapping girls" or something. Or deny it and go on to say that it happened 40 years ago. Or go back and forth saying who he knew or didn't know.

Like I said, even if all of this is false, he's not handling it well at all. How's he going to respond to real pressure in Senate? My guess is not very well, especially with this still hanging over his head.
    Well the problem is they came out with so many accusations at once that many of them are innocent and are probably true. He did immediately deny the 14yr old claim and the buying alcohol claim. But there was nothing wrong illegally or morally with most of them, just strange by todays standards.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-14-2017 at 08:27 AM.

1. only one claimed the alcohol. he denied it and she was 18+. you never had a drink or had somebody buy you alcohol when you were 18?

2. I don't get a sense that it was creepy, infact I'm not sure how abnormal it was 40 years ago for a decade older guy to be dating a 17/18yr old teen. It strikes me as more stepford-wife than creepy. times have changed for sure. All the claims are from nearly 40 years ago? pfft, I really couldn't give a $#@! and I'm not religious.
    We had people buying us beer at 15 and 16, and it wasn't really abnormal for a 17-18 year old girl to be dating someone in their 30's 40 years ago. I saw quite a bit of it and I was in my late teens myself then.

Different world.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We had people buying us beer at 15 and 16, and it wasn't really abnormal for a 17-18 year old girl to be dating someone in their 30's 40 years ago. I saw quite a bit of it and I was in my late teens myself then.

Different world.
    That is my impression as well. Probably even more so in the south. Girls looking to get married and have a family immediately after school, a 30 year old would be in a better position to do that than somebody of the same age. like I said, more stepford wifey than creepy.

Different world.
    My older brother is in his early 30's, looks 18ish (still gets checked to go into R rated movies) and is a "pretty boy". Teenage girls chase him around all the time and then get really mad and blame him when they find out how old he is.

I don't know if Moore is guilty or not but my brother's experience makes me skeptical.
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IT’S A FAKE! Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

The sevens in 1977 to the right of “Christmas,” are very different from the sevens in the date (12-22-77) above “Old Hickory House.”

“Look at the two versions of the number “7,” tweeted Wictor.

“”12-22-77” and “Olde Hickory House” were written by a different person,” he added.

Next, Wictor points out “the “R” and “y” in “Roy,”” are not written the same way.

The inflection of the “Y” is more pronounced in Moore’ signature as Chief Justice. The “R” is noticeably longer in the signature of Chief Justice, as well.
    In addition, Wictor points out the restaurant where Nelson alleges the incident took place was “forged,” incorrectly.

“”Old Hickory House” in Gadsden was never called “Olde Hickory House.” The person who forged the signature got the name wrong,” claims Wictor.
    “During his legal career, Judge Moore became the first full-time Deputy District Attorney in Etowah County, Alabama, and served in this position from 1977 until 1982. In 1984, Judge Moore undertook private practice of law in Gadsden, Alabama,” states Moore’s bio on his campaign website.

“The accuser to this day calls him the District Attorney. He was NEVER District attorney. He was DEPUTY DA. DDA,” says Wictor.
    (51) ADDENDUM THREE: @yomama12365 makes a great point:

Yearbooks are published at the end of the school year: summer.

Christmas is the MIDDLE of the school year.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...arbook-forged/

Why, at this point, is it seen as ironic for the God-warrior type to be guilty of such immoral actions? It happens more often than not. Like the anti abortion guy wanting an abortion for his mistress. Or all the priests that touch kids or cover-up the ones that do. Or all the anti-gays trying to hide their own homosexuality. You know, there's a huge chance that anyone who says "it's a choice to be gay" is probably gay as $#@! themselves
    There is nothing wrong with a 30 year old dating women 10-14 years younger than him. This was not some creepy dude looking to molest girls, it was a guy who had established himself in his career and was LOOKING FOR A WIFE to start a family which he eventually found.

I don't know that the spelling of the restaurant means anything, and I'll leave it to handwriting experts about the writing, but the yearbook at Christmas is very strange. As is the narrative of her jumping in a car with Moore and leaving her boyfriend high and dry.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a 30 year old dating women 10-14 years younger than him. This was not some creepy dude looking to molest girls, it was a guy who had established himself in his career and was LOOKING FOR A WIFE to start a family which he eventually found.
    No, it was a creepy dude looking to molest girls. A lot more evidence for that than what you are suggesting

No, it was a creepy dude looking to molest girls. A lot more evidence for that than what you are suggesting
    Lol, and nothing will convince you otherwise.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Lol, and nothing will convince you otherwise.
    Because all the evidence and testimony thus far has been corroborated by dozens of others and completely checks out?

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    In Moore's defense, his wife is 14 years younger than he is - so he definitely likes younger women. She was 22 when they met though (he was 36) - and there's a big difference between 16 year-olds in high school and women who have seen a bit of the world and aren't quite so naive.
    And if you are a 32yr old guy, looking to have a traditional family, marry a wife and have a few kids, it wouldn't be wise to target women your own age. You are gonna need to get one younger, especially back then without all the modern advancements in fertility treatments.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is officially their new tactic du jour:

Joe Biden Says He's 'So Sorry' For Anita Hill Treatment And Believes Allegations Against Clarence Thomas

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-says-apos-apos-150117169.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Paul Ryan: Roy Moore 'Should Step Aside' From Senate Bid in Wake of 'Credible' Allegations

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-roy-moore-apos-163701219.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

To be honest, I'd put up with a whole lot worse if I knew I was electing someone who votes for liberty. That being said I don't see much evidence that Roy Moore is any better than the average republican.

Allegations that are not reported or documented in a timely manner cannot be considered to be credible on a high standard.

The best they can produce is that there was a circulated sentiment that Moore was a bit of a creeper. Anyone who has lived in a small town can attest to how a notion can be spread or propagated and then accepted over time to be truth.

The gold standard, and rightfully the only standard of proof is a documented allegation filed in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Is that what this is about, a 30 yo dating/sleeping with a 16-20 yo?

What's the cut-off age for childhood, is it 21 now? 26? Apparently 30 is paleolithic. You'd think her parents would be cool with a 30 yo liking their daughter, and not a 18 or 25 yo in school and sucking at life.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post

What's the cut-off age for childhood, is it 21 now? 26? Apparently 30 is paleolithic. You'd think her parents would be cool with a 30 yo liking their daughter, and not a 18 or 25 yo in school and sucking at life.
    Not even sleeping with, that's the funny part. They aren't even claiming actual sex of any type.

Not even sleeping with, that's the funny part. They aren't even claiming actual sex of any type.
    So this is either a hit job or he's a really bad date and that's relevant somehow?

This country... culture wars taken to an extreme.

It's all completely arbitrary. Decisions on what is an outrage will be determined on the fly by the leftist establishment.

In the case of Moore, asking out anyone other than someone his own age is outrageous. And if they are under 18, it's an outrage no matter how old he was, even if he was 14.

Of course it's completely normal for kindergarteners to decide which sex they want to be. And as long as you are a Party member in good standing, you can have sex with anyone or anything you like.

So this is either a hit job or he's a really bad date and that's relevant somehow?

This country... culture wars taken to an extreme.
    We can safely say without any doubt that this is a hit job. Whether he unsuccessfully hit on young ladies around the age of 17 has not yet reached a real jury (not that a real jury would be any closer to the truth than Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We can safely say without any doubt that this is a hit job. Whether he unsuccessfully hit on young ladies around the age of 17 has not yet reached a real jury (not that a real jury would be any closer to the truth than Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell).
    It seems like some people think that this is a legal grey area. Some people even think it depends on your skin color or culture. This seems like it will be the new normal, people need to look at the 2016 election for a template on how to handle it. Trump avoided being labeled a pervert without any real heat from the media.

RNC Pulls Financial Support From Roy Moore

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-14/rnc-pulls-financial-support-roy-moore

After he wins the election he needs to switch to the constitution party.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Of course it's completely normal for kindergarteners to decide which sex they want to be. And as long as you are a Party member in good standing, you can have sex with anyone or anything you like.
    I would love a soundbite of somebody, other than Howard Stern, somebody from MSM, struck blind by this great epiphany, leaving the studio in dead silence for several seconds, as the other talking heads glitched out before finding their place on the 3x5 again.

Jeff Sessions Says There Is ‘No Reason to Doubt’ Roy Moore’s Accusers

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeff-sessions-says-no-reason-172148305.html

Sessions IS SCUM!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast