Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Franken has admitted his guilt and we have a photograph and yet nobody has even mentioned expelling him from the Senate, Moore denies everything and there is zero evidence or testimony with any credibility, as for the morons in the comments if the charges were proven about the girls below the age of consent then that would be worse but no one has even alleged rape.

I don't see groping as a reason to expel Franken but I would not vote for anyone guilty of it, Moore is innocent however and if I lived in Alabama I would vote for him.
    I think the groping photo was obviously a joke. The other part where Franken was accused of the kissing thing is still "he said she said". To me both accusations are about a wash. Moore's was more serious but unlikely, while Franken's was less serious but more likely. Either way let the voters decide.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I think the groping photo was obviously a joke. The other part where Franken was accused of the kissing thing is still "he said she said". To me both accusations are about a wash. Moore's was more serious but unlikely, while Franken's was less serious but more likely. Either way let the voters decide.
    So the fake accusations mean more to you than the real accusations..

What do you mean a joke?? She was asleep.. Did you read her accusation? I took it seriously because there was photographic evidence.

Turns out the only evidence against Moore was fraudulent.. and it turns out the establishment GOP is the one going after Moore.

How can you be so naive to what is going on here?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was my first thought when I saw the picture- and I pretty much agree with your consensus.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw the picture- and I pretty much agree with your consensus.
    Obviously she wasn't in on the joke because she was $#@!ing asleep, you $#@!.. she was very upset about it later, and there is ACTUAL evidence of this all happening... whereas the Moore stuff is all fake, there is zero evidence, the yearbook was fabricated and this was clearly a setup by the establishment GOP.

Why do you literally bathe in MSM lies on a daily basis?

Do you think Patty Hearst robbed a bank for nothing???
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think the groping photo was obviously a joke.
    Of course it was a "joke". Unfortunately she was the butt of the joke and nobody likes that. And while such a joke would probably not be a big deal just 10 years ago, we are now in the era of weaponized hurt feelings and that kind of $#@! don't fly. Sorta like a 30yr old dating 17-18yr olds wouldn't have been a big deal almost 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Obviously she wasn't in on the joke because she was $#@!ing asleep, you $#@!.. she was very upset about it later, and there is ACTUAL evidence of this all happening... whereas the Moore stuff is all fake, there is zero evidence, the yearbook was fabricated and this was clearly a setup by the establishment GOP.

Why do you literally bathe in MSM lies on a daily basis?

Do you think Patty Hearst robbed a bank for nothing???
    Oooooh, poor widdo dannno- got no argument so name-calling-name-calling.

It's obvious that Franken was having a joke at her expense- I'm sure she was pissed, but as @specsaregood said:

And while such a joke would probably not be a big deal just 10 years ago, we are now in the era of weaponized hurt feelings and that kind of $#@! don't fly.
    And BTW- YOU bathe in the Trump lies on a minute-by-minute basis. He talks about groping women by the pussy and that's OK but when he turns around and chastises Franken, well then Franken is baaaaaad.

AGAIN as @Madison320 pointed out:
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    One thing that keeps going through my mind, especially since both Ron and Rand Paul have avoided passing any judgement on Moore so far - Remember the 2012 interview with Doug Wead, where he says that the reason the campaign decided not to go after Romney was because they threatened to assassinate Ron Paul's character?

Is this what that would've looked like? Is this what's happening to Roy Moore?

I suspect that Ron and Rand have unique knowledge about just how vicious the establishment can be - and how involved their tactics can get. After all, just going back to 1996, the GOP, Newt Gingrich, even then-governor Bush financially supported Ron's opponent, who up until then had been a democrat! And I believe it was around that time, (or perhaps the following year?) that the accusations about the newsletters were first publicized.

Doug Wead: Romney Threatened Ron Paul with PR A-Bomb (21:15)
    Quote mentioned above happens around 15:30

Did a search to see if Wead had made any comments about Moore and found this brief interview with Neil Cavuto from the fox business channel. He says he has a source from within the establishment that " tells me the republican establishment themselves popped this whole Judge Moore thing."

https://twitter.com/DougWead/status/930489487410507776

This is a good reminder of how politics are played, and I'm thankful Mr. Wead shared this information. With this Moore debacle, we may be seeing a glimpse of what it would have been like if RP would have gone after Romney hard. The threat was issued to RP, so he backed down, and focused most attacks on Santorum. Similar threats may have been issued to Moore, but he has said screw it and is all in. He will have a tarnished reputation in the eyes of msm watching zombies, regardless of the legitimacy of the allegations or the outcome of the election for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Oooooh, poor widdo dannno- got no argument so name-calling-name-calling.
    I called you an $#@! because you defended him by saying it was a joke, even though she was asleep and obviously not in on said joke..

Look it up in the dictionary, that's the definition of $#@!.

And BTW- YOU bathe in the Trump lies on a minute-by-minute basis. He talks about groping women by the pussy and that's OK but when he turns around and chastises Franken, well then Franken is baaaaaad.
    Groping women consensualy while they are awake is perfectly acceptable, groping women while they are asleep is NOT.. obviously.. Stop being an $#@!.

AGAIN as @Madison320 pointed out:
    Ya, that was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.. Let's see here.. You got one guy who assaulted a woman while she was asleep and there is photo evidence..

Another guy has worse accusations going against him that were fabricated.. And that is a "wash"?? What the $#@! kind of definition of a "wash" is that??? The guy who is ACTUALLY innocent has worse accusations about him than the guy who is guilty?? Please explain this new definition of the word "wash"

Shocker: New York Times Writes Positive Article on Roy Moore

Maybe it wasn’t meant that way. From the Times’ piece’s title, “In Sex Crimes and Other Cases, Roy Moore Often Sided With Defendants,” readers may assume the implication is that Judge Moore exhibited the common human tendency to go soft on that of which one is himself guilty. (As with seemingly everyone now, Moore currently faces sexual-misconduct allegations.) Instead, however, the Times paints a picture of a moral, principled judge who often sided with the little guy against the powers that be.

What may surprise many, however, is that judge Moore’s principles, as true principles will, extended to areas that his passions didn’t. As the Times reports, “‘He consistently was more interested in the arguments of the criminal defendants than many of his colleagues,’ said Matt Lembke, an appellate lawyer in Birmingham who has argued several cases in front of Mr. Moore. ‘And I think that stemmed from a distrust of government power reflected in his judicial philosophy.’”
    As for Moore’s empathy, the Times provides some striking examples:
    When a man on death row missed a filing deadline with a lower court, and when most of the Alabama Supreme Court opted not to review his case, Mr. Moore was one of two justices who voted the other way and said some of the evidence used to convict him seemed deficient.
    In another instance, Mr. Moore wrote that a man’s “sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for a nonviolent, drug-related crime reveals grave flaws in our statutory sentencing scheme.”
    And in another case, Mr. Moore dissented and said a man’s unpaid meal at a Waffle House should have led to a theft conviction, not a 35-year sentence for robbery. He called the case, which the majority voted not to review, “a serious miscarriage of justice.”
    Two lawyers who worked with Moore told the Times that the judge sought to protect those wronged by the system. “‘He had no love for criminals, but he believed that every defendant was entitled to due process of law,’ one of the lawyers, Matthew Clark, said in an e-mail. ‘He saw many cases where the defendants, especially young black men, would be convicted solely on very weak circumstantial evidence.’”
    Unsurprisingly — to those acquainted with the soul of a dutiful judge — Moore’s constitutionalism extended beyond social issues and to all areas of his jurisprudence. A good example was the case of a black 17-year-old named Eric L. Higdon, who received 23 years’ incarceration for sexually assaulting a younger boy at a daycare center. Moore dissented from the majority opinion in Higdon’s appeal, reasoning that “while Mr. Higdon was guilty of one form of sodomy, another sodomy law used to convict him was never meant to apply to abuse ‘of children by other children,’ the Times informs. “Mr. Moore wrote that ‘sodomy is an abhorrent crime and should be strictly punished’ but that ‘I am concerned the court is stepping into the shoes of the legislature in this case.’”
    This dissent was used against Moore in the Republican primary by his opponent, Luther Strange, who accused the judge of being soft on child molesters. Yet Moore was merely exhibiting discipline, a quality required for a judge to rule contrary to his own will, feelings, or agenda. And without discipline there is no rule of law.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...e-on-roy-moore

Tell me again what a "statist" "law and order" type he is.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Shocker: New York Times Writes Positive Article on Roy Moore

Maybe it wasn’t meant that way. From the Times’ piece’s title, “In Sex Crimes and Other Cases, Roy Moore Often Sided With Defendants,” readers may assume the implication is that Judge Moore exhibited the common human tendency to go soft on that of which one is himself guilty. (As with seemingly everyone now, Moore currently faces sexual-misconduct allegations.) Instead, however, the Times paints a picture of a moral, principled judge who often sided with the little guy against the powers that be.

What may surprise many, however, is that judge Moore’s principles, as true principles will, extended to areas that his passions didn’t. As the Times reports, “‘He consistently was more interested in the arguments of the criminal defendants than many of his colleagues,’ said Matt Lembke, an appellate lawyer in Birmingham who has argued several cases in front of Mr. Moore. ‘And I think that stemmed from a distrust of government power reflected in his judicial philosophy.’”
    As for Moore’s empathy, the Times provides some striking examples:
    When a man on death row missed a filing deadline with a lower court, and when most of the Alabama Supreme Court opted not to review his case, Mr. Moore was one of two justices who voted the other way and said some of the evidence used to convict him seemed deficient.
    In another instance, Mr. Moore wrote that a man’s “sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for a nonviolent, drug-related crime reveals grave flaws in our statutory sentencing scheme.”
    And in another case, Mr. Moore dissented and said a man’s unpaid meal at a Waffle House should have led to a theft conviction, not a 35-year sentence for robbery. He called the case, which the majority voted not to review, “a serious miscarriage of justice.”
    Two lawyers who worked with Moore told the Times that the judge sought to protect those wronged by the system. “‘He had no love for criminals, but he believed that every defendant was entitled to due process of law,’ one of the lawyers, Matthew Clark, said in an e-mail. ‘He saw many cases where the defendants, especially young black men, would be convicted solely on very weak circumstantial evidence.’”
    Unsurprisingly — to those acquainted with the soul of a dutiful judge — Moore’s constitutionalism extended beyond social issues and to all areas of his jurisprudence. A good example was the case of a black 17-year-old named Eric L. Higdon, who received 23 years’ incarceration for sexually assaulting a younger boy at a daycare center. Moore dissented from the majority opinion in Higdon’s appeal, reasoning that “while Mr. Higdon was guilty of one form of sodomy, another sodomy law used to convict him was never meant to apply to abuse ‘of children by other children,’ the Times informs. “Mr. Moore wrote that ‘sodomy is an abhorrent crime and should be strictly punished’ but that ‘I am concerned the court is stepping into the shoes of the legislature in this case.’”
    This dissent was used against Moore in the Republican primary by his opponent, Luther Strange, who accused the judge of being soft on child molesters. Yet Moore was merely exhibiting discipline, a quality required for a judge to rule contrary to his own will, feelings, or agenda. And without discipline there is no rule of law.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...e-on-roy-moore

Tell me again what a "statist" "law and order" type he is.

Ok, $#@! it, I may donate to his campaign now...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow. Allred on MSNBC, not sure she's even convinced herself it's his signature. She seems extremely uncomfortable and defensive, maybe hedging so Roy doesn't sue her.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/katy-tur...ly-make-sense/

Wow! I'm floored that MSNBC had such tough questions to M. Alred.

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    Wow! I'm floored that MSNBC had such tough questions to M. Alred.

Lol ya I think the left figured out that this is coming from McConnell and crew and they decided they don't want to get bulldozed by a truth bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Allred at presser..."And I noticed he hasn't denied my client..." Well, no $#@!. She just now made the accusation.

Although this was posted four days ago I still wanted to mention that she dabbed her eyes many times w/o any tears falling???

It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

So, supposing Moore wins and then the Senate declines to seat him, what will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, supposing Moore wins and then the Senate declines to seat him, what will happen?
    They can't, that's a bluff. Even al.com admits that. After he's seated they might vote to expel him but that's a bit of a stretch and might set precedent even the establishment might not like. And if that happens it's back to square one with another special election or appointment like when Sessions resigned.

The Supreme Court decision Powell vs. McCormack stipulates the Senate can only refuse to seat Moore if he fails to meet the requirements listed in the Constitution: be at least 30 years old; be a citizen for the last nine years; and live in the state they are seeking to represent.

Moore meets those requirements meaning if he wins, the Senate will have little choice but to seat him.
    hxxp://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/11_roy_moore_election_scenario.html
    Last edited by William Tell; 11-17-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You and Zippy get free tickets to the May Day festival in Peking next spring?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    They can't, that's a bluff. Even al.com admits that. After he's seated they might vote to expel him but that's a bit of a stretch and might set precedent even the establishment might not like. And if that happens it's back to square one with another special election or appointment like when Sessions resigned.
    They could do it and no court would ever review it; they can do what they like.

Is it smart politics?

Probably,

No one wants to be associated with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    You and Zippy get free tickets to the May Day festival in Peking next spring?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No one wants to be associated with that.
    There is nothing to be associated with, the accusers have already proven to be lying fraudsters.

Nice ass.

There is nothing to be associated with, the accusers have already proven to be lying fraudsters.
    His Name is Robert Paulson.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    One thing that keeps going through my mind, especially since both Ron and Rand Paul have avoided passing any judgement on Moore so far - Remember the 2012 interview with Doug Wead, where he says that the reason the campaign decided not to go after Romney was because they threatened to assassinate Ron Paul's character?

Is this what that would've looked like? Is this what's happening to Roy Moore?

I suspect that Ron and Rand have unique knowledge about just how vicious the establishment can be - and how involved their tactics can get. After all, just going back to 1996, the GOP, Newt Gingrich, even then-governor Bush financially supported Ron's opponent, who up until then had been a democrat! And I believe it was around that time, (or perhaps the following year?) that the accusations about the newsletters were first publicized.

Doug Wead: Romney Threatened Ron Paul with PR A-Bomb (21:15)
    Quote mentioned above happens around 15:30

Did a search to see if Wead had made any comments about Moore and found this brief interview with Neil Cavuto from the fox business channel. He says he has a source from within the establishment that " tells me the republican establishment themselves popped this whole Judge Moore thing."

https://twitter.com/DougWead/status/930489487410507776

Gingrich is a piece of $#@!. He is the GOPAC Tick, and I hope he sees this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    ...and I hope he sees this post.
    If I were a political whore trying to pretend that I had conservative/libertarian credentials, I'd monitor RPF.

They could do it and no court would ever review it; they can do what they like.

Is it smart politics?

Probably,

No one wants to be associated with that
    That would be a horrendous precedent and violation of the constitution. Roy Moore, and the state of Alabama would bring it to court. There's no way the senate can force another election on the state until after expulsion of Moore.

So the fake accusations mean more to you than the real accusations..

What do you mean a joke?? She was asleep.. Did you read her accusation? I took it seriously because there was photographic evidence.

Turns out the only evidence against Moore was fraudulent.. and it turns out the establishment GOP is the one going after Moore.

How can you be so naive to what is going on here?
    How do you know for sure the allegations are fake? I think they probably are, but you make it sound like an absolute fact. Moore should take them to court for libel.

Do you think the "groping photo" was a criminal act? Personally I don't think sexual harassment should be crime. Only sexual assault.

I don't think either Moore or Franken should be removed from office, it should be up to the voters. Do you think Franken should be charged with a crime or removed from office?

I don't think either Moore or Franken should be removed from office, it should be up to the voters. Do you think Franken should be charged with a crime or removed from office?
    Yep. Dating younger women and patting her kitty are nothing compared to horse play in our Founding Fathers' days. They scoff at us from Valhalla.

Personally, Franken should have been stuffed back in his mother's vagina, but ICE weren't tipped off in time. If Minnesotans love him so much, they deserve his representation. Same with Moore, who gives a $#@!? How many of you are from Minnesota or Alabama? Let them have their evangelists and libtards if they want, worry about your own damn district and state reps first.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you know for sure the allegations are fake?
    The fake yearbook evidence is a big part of it, but the other way you usually know is from things like he is clearly an enemy of the establishment which provides strong motivation for a crime like this, as well as the fact that none of this stuff has ever come forward about him until now.. and then finally how the establishment media has organized against him and how they have been reporting it all.

If your'e paying attention, though, the media is starting to hedge on this one, because the yearbook forgery is really damning and they know it and they want to protect their brand. That is yet ANOTHER clue...

I think they probably are, but you make it sound like an absolute fact. Moore should take them to court for libel.
    Well it depends on what they can prove with the yearbook photo lady, he may be able to sue her. The other ones it would be difficult to prove unless there was some evidence that it definitely didn't happen.. but it's that process of how this all happened and how the establishment and media coalesced with not a previous accusation that makes me think the whole thing is a setup by the establishment.

Does that mean there is not one woman here who is telling some vague amount of truth? Maybe he did date younger girls and made passes on occasion, but it could be none of that ever happened at all.

Since there is no evidence that he did anything bad, and the evidence we do have is setup against him, and that setup is coming from the political establishment, that is a good reason to support Moore in all this. It means they really don't like him.

It's sorta like how a bunch of people in the media downplayed and even blamed Rand for being attacked. That wouldn't have happened to an establishment politician. They would be treating that way, way different. That is because Rand is their enemy. Rand is a good person to support.

I think it is primarily or solely about their non-interventionist foreign policy, and actual commitment to small government.

You're only looking at a small subset of evidence when you look at these events, you need to broaden your horizon and look at the whole picture, it really helps a lot.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-18-2017 at 03:02 PM.

The Roy Moore campaign late Wednesday afternoon released testimonials from 12 women, including Moore's sister-in-law and former receptionist, that speak to the quality of his character.

The statement from the campaign described the women "who are coming forward as character witnesses for Roy Moore."

What follows in the statement are brief testimonials from the women, each one paragraph long.

Many of the statements are from women in Moore's home county of Etowah in northeast Alabama. Gadsden is the largest city in the county and Moore and his wife, Kayla, live in the small town of Gallant in rural Etowah County.

"I have known Roy for over 30 years," said Kandi Kisor Smith, sister of Moore's wife. "I met him in 1984 when he met my sister in church and began dating her. He has always showed honor and dignity. I truly can't even begin to grasp that people would question his character. He has lived by what he preached since the day I met him."

" I was the receptionist for Roy Moore the first time he was Chief Justice and I am proud of our history," said Marianne Rhodes, who was Moore's receptionist from 2000-2003. "I saw everything that went on in that office and I've never worked for anybody who was more considerate, honest, or kind. We all enjoyed our tenure there. He was always up and above board. If any of these people who are slandering the good name of Roy Moore had ever worked with (him), they would know what a fine person he is. My history with Judge Moore was nothing but pleasurable and this is all upsetting to me."

Jennie Klingenbeck of Birmingham said she was a former girlfriend of Moore's.

"I have known Roy Moore for about forty years," she said. "Roy and I briefly dated when I was in my twenties. While I was around Roy, either just the two of us or with other people, he was always a true gentleman treating me with respect and courtesy. I can honestly say that I never have seen or heard any inappropriate remarks or behaviors while he was around me. I believe that Roy lives by his Christian beliefs and is a good man."

Another testimonial came from a woman who said she was 16 when she worked part-time in the same office with Moore. He has been accused of having romantic encounters by five women who said they were teenagers at the time. Two said the encounters included unwanted sexual advances.

Elain Conner Watson, a native of Gadsden, said that she would put her life in his hands if necessary.

"I feel it my duty to say that I have known Roy Moore since I was a kid," Watson said."I worked closely with Roy (adjoining offices) when I was 16 years old. I went to school half a day and worked at the bank half a day. NEVER did he in any way make me feel uncomfortable, flirt, or make advances towards me. He was always a kind and respectable man. We are still friends to this day and I would put my life in his hands if need be. There is no way that these statements these people are making are true. Someone is getting some hefty perks coming from the lies that are being told. I appreciate and respect everything that Roy has done for our state and citizens."
    More testimonials...http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...2_testimo.html

Well it depends on what they can prove with the yearbook photo lady, he may be able to sue her. The other ones it would be difficult to prove unless there was some evidence that it definitely didn't happen..
    As far as I know the burden of proof is on the slanderer to prove that their defamation is true, that being said if he doesn't sue it may be that he just wants people to stop talking about it more than he wants to punish the liars, it does not mean he is guilty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

As far as I know the burden of proof is on the slanderer to prove that their defamation is true, that being said if he doesn't sue it may be that he just wants people to stop talking about it more than he wants to punish the liars, it does not mean he is guilty.
    He wont sue because he knows there is no way for him to really win. As a public figure it is just a cross he will have to bear.

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast