Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1237

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

MSM dug up an old alternative radio interview with Roy Moore. Interesting stuff on the Constitution, investigating a certain terror attack, and a strong condemnation of NeoConservatism by the Judge. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politi...men/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This explains why the Democrat, RINO, and LINO establishment all want to destroy this man so badly.

"I think NeoConservatism is liberalism in disguise" -Judge Roy Moore
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    MSM dug up an old alternative radio interview with Roy Moore. Interesting stuff on the Constitution, investigating a certain terror attack, and a strong condemnation of NeoConservatism by the Judge. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politi...men/index.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

As much as we see how the allegations against Moore are largely discredited, moving forward, we really need to make sure our folks are fully vetting candidates before supporting them for office.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    As much as we see how the allegations against Moore are largely discredited, moving forward, we really need to make sure our folks are fully vetting candidates before supporting them for office.
    Which folks are you talking about when you say "we?" I don't think many here particularly care for Moore. What we cared about was the establishment attack on his morals by those who have none.
    Secondly, how do you "vet" someone, that is for all appearances is moral, against a smear campaign, that have never been made before, when they appear only a few weeks before an election?

I think this boils down to a failure of the Alabama Republican Party. When Moore announced for office, someone should have brought him in to ask him if there were any skeletons in his closet that might be problematic during the election. In my experience state and local parties are very lazy. But with Moore being somewhat a liberty candidate, it seems like they would have run him out of the election on a rail. They didn't, and now they are stuck. If "everyone knew," why didn't the party?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this boils down to a failure of the Alabama Republican Party. When Moore announced for office, someone should have brought him in to ask him if there were any skeletons in his closet that might be problematic during the election. In my experience state and local parties are very lazy. But with Moore being somewhat a liberty candidate, it seems like they would have run him out of the election on a rail. They didn't, and now they are stuck. If "everyone knew," why didn't the party?
    Why do you assume that there are "skeletons in his closet" as opposed to believing that this is a discredited smear campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Which folks are you talking about when you say "we?" I don't think many here particularly care for Moore.
    I want moore to win because the liberal meltdown will rival their meltdown when Trump won and that was great entertainment. it might even be better because even those "republicans" that had to pretend to be happy about Trump winning won't have to pretend this time and can have their little crying public meltdowns as well.

Everybody's been poking in his closet for decades trying to find skeletons to bring him down and nothing showed up until last month. Vetting can't stop people from lying and saying a man or woman tried to sleep with them. If you ever come close to being a U.S Senator you will see how it works.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

They're keeping sexual allegations in the news today. Trumps accusers are making a media statement calling for Congressional investigations. Not surprising that it is on election day in Ala. Trump supports Moore and made a robo call for him. So...guilt be association and all that.

Doug Jones is using Obama at the last minute.

(CNN)Former President Barack Obama is adding his voice to the Alabama Senate race, imploring voters to go to the polls Tuesday to reject the candidacy of Roy Moore as part of an aggressive effort by Democrats to try and counter President Donald Trump's full-throated endorsement of the controversial Republican candidate.

"This one's serious," Obama says in the call. "You can't sit it out."

Two Democratic officials familiar with the Alabama race tell CNN that Obama recorded the phone message in recent days, at the very time Trump stepped up his own involvement in the campaign with a recorded message. Obama does not mention Moore by name.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politi...ate/index.html
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yup. Throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at him. On Drudge: FOXNEWS SHOCK POLL: ROY MOORE DOWN BY 10...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. Throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at him. On Drudge: FOXNEWS SHOCK POLL: ROY MOORE DOWN BY 10...
    Yeah, the last Fox poll was about the same but Emerson has Moore up 9 today, and every other recent poll has Moore up 4+. Emerson says Moore is leading in every congressional district except 7, and possibly 5. Fox has Jones up 30 with Cell Phone users and is counting on people who don't usually show up to vote.

My guess is Moore wins tomorrow by 6-11% but we shall see.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Biden has made a robo call too. Lol. Freaking Creepy Joe Biden.

Alabama senate candidate Doug Jones is getting some last-minute help from Barack Obama and Joe Biden, who are separately recording robo-calls for the Democratic hopeful.

A source close to campaign confirmed that the former president will record a call for Jones, while a Democrat close to Biden told POLITICO that he’ll also work on Jones’ behalf.

In addition to recording the call that will hit Alabamian's phones one day before they vote, the former vice president is planning to tap his large email list on behalf of the former U.S. Attorney running against Roy Moore. The call will make no mention of Moore, the person familiar with the plan said.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...alabama-288961

Relevant: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...er-creeper-vid
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-11-2017 at 11:32 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The accusers have a lot of skeletons in their closet, I doubt Moore has any.. haven't you been paying attention?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I want moore to win because the liberal meltdown will rival their meltdown when Trump won and that was great entertainment. it might even be better because even those "republicans" that had to pretend to be happy about Trump winning won't have to pretend this time and can have their little crying public meltdowns as well.
    This will be different. This will be cursing and gnashing of teeth (Moore victory) as opposed to salty tears (Trump victory).

The establishment, both Dem and Rep, hate Roy Moore. He's a Trump guy, as well as a Steve Bannon guy.

If the Trump/Bannon coalition continues to grow, things will definitely get interesting.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Jan2017

Former presidents are supposed to keep out of the Senate races, usually - sorta (?)

Both will support increased military spending, but Jones would want more and more for the Obamacare hole,
    and then there is the sanctity to life difference . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Both will support increased military spending
    Moore is an anti-neocon non-interventionist.

Jan2017

Moore is an anti-neocon non-interventionist.
    I was going to say probably both . . .
    so is Jones trying to suck over neocon GOP support or is it all like everything is a non-issue in this race
    except for "the security of Senate pages if Moore is there" - Sen. Cory Booker

Committeewoman Resigns Over RNC's Support For Roy Moore

A member of the Republican National Committee resigned Monday over the committee’s support for Roy Moore, the Alabama GOP Senate candidate who faces multiple accusations of preying on teenage girls decades ago.In an email addressed to her fellow RNC members, Nebraska committeewoman Joyce Simmons said she “strongly” disagrees with the RNC’s recent decision to reinstate its financial support for the controversial Senate nominee after initially cutting off funding in the wake of the allegations. The RNC reversed its stance in the race after President Donald Trump offered his full endorsement to Moore.
    “I will miss so many of you that I knew well: and I wish I could have continued my service to the national Republican Party that I used to know well,” Simmons wrote in an email obtained by the Associated Press.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/committee...152951883.html

Good riddance!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Committeewoman Resigns Over RNC's Support For Roy Moore

A member of the Republican National Committee resigned Monday over the committee’s support for Roy Moore, the Alabama GOP Senate candidate who faces multiple accusations of preying on teenage girls decades ago.In an email addressed to her fellow RNC members, Nebraska committeewoman Joyce Simmons said she “strongly” disagrees with the RNC’s recent decision to reinstate its financial support for the controversial Senate nominee after initially cutting off funding in the wake of the allegations. The RNC reversed its stance in the race after President Donald Trump offered his full endorsement to Moore.
    “I will miss so many of you that I knew well: and I wish I could have continued my service to the national Republican Party that I used to know well,” Simmons wrote in an email obtained by the Associated Press.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/committee...152951883.html

Good riddance!

Big League Politics is making the case that establishment Republicans are behind the Washington Post’s allegations that Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore had multiple romantic relationships with teenage girls in the 1970s, when Moore was single and in his early 30s.
    Patrick Howley, the editor-in-chief of Big League Politics, is claiming that Tim Miller, who served as communications director for former Florida Governor Jeb Bush’s 2016 presidential bid, “pitched” the Moore allegations to Post reporter Beth Reinhard. He offers as proof a text in which Miller not only questions Moore’s fitness for office, but also brags that “Beth” is “good to work with.” While Miller does not specify exactly how she is “good to work with,” Beth Reinhard is one of the principal Post reporters who wrote the articles alleging improper behavior by Moore.
    Miller denies the accusations. He told Breitbart News, “I had no involvement in pitching the Washington Post story or any others where women spoke out about Judge Moore.” He added that “there is no truth to it.”
    Miller and Reinhard got to know each other during the unsuccessful Bush campaign, which began in 2015. Miller’s role as the campaign’s communications director led to his development of a professional relationship with Reinhard, as she was the embedded reporter in the Bush campaign for the Wall Street Journal at the time.

Howley, however, made his case against Miller. “These text messages reveal a few things: the Republican Establishment’s relationship with the Post’s anti-Moore coverage, the cunning of writer Charles Johnson [of the conservative GotNews.com, who captured screenshots of text messages beween himself and Miller] in trapping Miller, and former Bush staffer Miller’s cluelessness about how to conduct himself in the world of political subterfuge.” Howley argued that although Miller had denied any involvement in the Post story, “the text messages below leave no doubt as to his involvement.”
    Even after Trump had won enough delegates to capture the Republican Party nomination, Miller still fought to deny him the party’s nod, and was regarded as a “Never Trumper.” Salon.com, a left-wing site, has even designated Miller as one of its 25 favorite conservatives.
    Miller is also a strong opponent of Moore’s efforts to be elected senator from Alabama, even going as far as donating money to Moore’s liberal Democrat opponent, Doug Jones, and announcing it on Twitter. Miller even bragged to the Associated Press, “Given all the re-tweets, I probably raised more money for Doug Jones than I ever raised for Jeb.”
    Miller is now a partner with Matt Rhoades, the manager of Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential bid, in Definers Public Affairs. In addition, Miller was a founder of America Rising, a “super PAC” regarded as a Republican establishment group.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-post-articles

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Big League Politics is making the case that establishment Republicans are behind the Washington Post’s allegations that Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore had multiple romantic relationships with teenage girls in the 1970s, when Moore was single and in his early 30s.
    Of course the establishment Republicans are behind the Roy Moore allegations, derr... and so is Rev 3, Influenza and TheCount, they are ALL on "Team 'I'm a Tool for the Republican establishment!'"

edit: sorry, can't forget SM...
    Last edited by dannno; 12-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Patrick Howley, the editor-in-chief of Big League Politics, is claiming that Tim Miller, who served as communications director for former Florida Governor Jeb Bush’s 2016 presidential bid, “pitched” the Moore allegations to Post reporter Beth Reinhard. He offers as proof a text in which Miller not only questions Moore’s fitness for office, but also brags that “Beth” is “good to work with.” While Miller does not specify exactly how she is “good to work with,” Beth Reinhard is one of the principal Post reporters who wrote the articles alleging improper behavior by Moore.
    Miller denies the accusations. He told Breitbart News, “I had no involvement in pitching the Washington Post story or any others where women spoke out about Judge Moore.” He added that “there is no truth to it.”
    Miller and Reinhard got to know each other during the unsuccessful Bush campaign, which began in 2015. Miller’s role as the campaign’s communications director led to his development of a professional relationship with Reinhard, as she was the embedded reporter in the Bush campaign for the Wall Street Journal at the time.

Howley, however, made his case against Miller. “These text messages reveal a few things: the Republican Establishment’s relationship with the Post’s anti-Moore coverage, the cunning of writer Charles Johnson [of the conservative GotNews.com, who captured screenshots of text messages beween himself and Miller] in trapping Miller, and former Bush staffer Miller’s cluelessness about how to conduct himself in the world of political subterfuge.” Howley argued that although Miller had denied any involvement in the Post story, “the text messages below leave no doubt as to his involvement.”
    Even after Trump had won enough delegates to capture the Republican Party nomination, Miller still fought to deny him the party’s nod, and was regarded as a “Never Trumper.” Salon.com, a left-wing site, has even designated Miller as one of its 25 favorite conservatives.
    Miller is also a strong opponent of Moore’s efforts to be elected senator from Alabama, even going as far as donating money to Moore’s liberal Democrat opponent, Doug Jones, and announcing it on Twitter. Miller even bragged to the Associated Press, “Given all the re-tweets, I probably raised more money for Doug Jones than I ever raised for Jeb.”
    Miller is now a partner with Matt Rhoades, the manager of Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential bid, in Definers Public Affairs. In addition, Miller was a founder of America Rising, a “super PAC” regarded as a Republican establishment group.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-post-articles
    OK. But so what? I don't see how this changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    We already know the women are liars, this article just helps to document the RINO's complicity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We already know the women are liars, this article just helps to document the RINO's complicity.
    I haven't followed the story. How do we know the women are liars?

It means you're a tool for helping the Republican establishment.

It means you're a tool for helping the Republican establishment.
    How am I doing that?

I haven't followed the story. How do we know the women are liars?
    Try reading this thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How do we know the women are liars?
    Because they have been shown to be liars?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast