Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1237

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Moore rode his horse Sassy to the polls. Cute.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Moore rode his horse Sassy to the polls. Cute.
    He wants to return to the 1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Muh freeways.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Not too bad an idea.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Age of consent in Alabama in 1880 was 10. In 1880, all US states had age of consents ranging from 7 in Delaware to 12 in a number of places.

Currently (or 2007), it's 14 in Canada, Germany, Italy and a number of other countries. It's 13 in Spain and Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Age of consent in Alabama in 1880 was 10. In 1880, all US states had age of consents ranging from 7 in Delaware to 12 in a number of places.

Currently (or 2007), it's 14 in Canada, Germany, Italy and a number of other countries. It's 13 in Spain and Argentina.
    Irrelevant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I can't help but wonder - what did he actually say about "reds and yellows?" Something kind? Something hateful? What?

IOW: Why can't Zippy, HuffPo or the LA Times be bothered to tell us why we are supposed to be upset about this?

And if we are supposed to be upset at the assumed "insensitivity" of the mere use of the terms themselves (regardless of what was actually said about the people those terms were used to denote), then I also have to wonder how often Zippy, HuffPo, the LA Times, et al. have blithely (not to mention hypocritically) referred to Caucasians as "whites" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He basically quoted the Sunday School song 'Jesus Loves the Little Children of the World' If you haven't heard it it goes "Red and yellow black and white they are precious in his sight" actually a very inclusive and warm hearted song from a simpler time. He was just saying that we should all get along and in his opinion that happens when we find God instead of trusting in government.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    The way the Democrats spin stuff like this is the reason why that jackass Trump won. I guess the one silver lining is that they can't automatically win a debate by calling someone a racist anymore (especially if they aren't racist). Unfortunately for them, it looks like (as demonstrated by some on this forum) it may be a decade before they figure out that card not only doesn't work, but backfires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Jesus H. Christ.

When I was composing my reply to Zippy (post #40), I thought about including some song lyrics or something in which "red" and "white" and "yellow" and "black" were used in an innocuous context to promote the idea of our commonly humanity. I figured there had be something like that out there somewhere (especially from the '60s or '70s). So I did a Google search on "song lyrics red yellow black white," like so:

Guess what the top result was?

For the sake of brevity and concision, though, I decided to just let my point stand "as is" without extraneous references to any songs or what-have-you.

And now it turns out that that not only was a song relevant, but that particular song was the source of Moore's reference to "reds and yellows."

Jesus H. Christ on a hopped-up Harley.

And THIS is what Zippyjuan, HuffPo and the LA Times are using as basis for spreading innuendo that tries to make Moore out to be some kind of despicalbe racist?

Well, I guess one of my questions has been answered: now we know why they couldn't be bothered to tell us why we are supposed to be upset about this.

Jesus H. Christ on a hopped-up Harley with Santa in a sidecar ...

DISCLAIMER: I don't give a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys about Roy Moore, one way or the other. But trying to smear someone as a racist for having made reference to the lyrics of a children's song as a metaphor for our common humanity is just low and contemptible. SMGDH. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself, Zippy.
    "There is a yellow one that won't
    Accept the black one
    That won't accept the red one
    That won't accept the white one"

- Sly & The Family Stone
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

© Getty

Roy Moore's campaign announced Friday that it is seeking donations for an "election integrity fund" following the former judge's unsuccessful bid for an Alabama Senate seat.
    Moore has refused to concede the race, which went to his Democratic opponent Doug Jones with 50 percent of the vote compared to Moore's 48 percent.
    The campaign is seeking to meet a deadline to report cases of voter fraud before Alabama's secretary of state certifies the vote. The election will be certified between Dec. 26 and Jan. 3.

In a letter sent out to supporters, the campaign said its budget "ran through" on Tuesday, the night of the Alabama special election, and asked supporters to help raise another $75,000 to collect reports of "voter fraud and other irregularities at polling locations throughout the state."

"My campaign team is busy collecting numerous reported cases of voter fraud and irregularities for the Secretary of State's office," the statement said.

More at: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...integrity-fund

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

For those with the means and the desire: https://www.roymoore.org/Support-Judge-Moore/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    See this is why we can't have nice things.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Former Roy Moore staffer: Happy birthday, judge

(Maggie Ford was the scheduler for Judge Roy Moore’s campaign for Senate in 2017.)

Happy Birthday, Judge Roy Moore.

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Few have gone from a rustic house in the backwoods of Alabama to the highest judicial office in the State of Alabama.

Few have gone from bagging groceries at Piggly Wiggly to graduating from the United States Military Academy at West Point.

Few have served their country in combat and followed up on it with nearly forty years of public service.

Few have been involved in more controversy directly surrounding the acknowledgement of God.

Few have received as many death threats.

Few can say that the liberals and the Republican Establishment spent over 56 million dollars to politically assassinate them.

Few can say, “I have stood for the truth. I have no regrets. To God be the glory.”

Sir, you said that. And you can say that, because it’s true.

Rather than bewail our latest defeat, bemoan the flimsy backbone of the Republicans who betrayed us (special thanks to Richard Shelby), or whine over the eleventh hour assassination of your character, I’m writing to tell you thank you for what you’ve taught me.

A lot of women have said a lot of things about you. But on the occasion of your 71st birthday, as a friend, as a girl, and as your scheduler, I’m here to put my word in … unsolicited.

You taught me what true character is. I’ve been with you and Mrs. Kayla for a thousand hours — in the office, in my family’s home, in your home, on the campaign trail, at a hundred events.

You’ve been the same man everywhere. The same man that the world sees on stage is who I see in that barn in Gallant, Alabama.

The Scripture you quote in churches across the country is the Scripture you quote to us in the office and live out every day.

The 10 Commandments you defend are engraved in a huge rock behind your house, hanging on every wall and have changed your life.

The definition of marriage you fight for is apparent in your happy life with Kayla.

You never said something you didn’t believe. You never asked me to do a job you wouldn’t do. You never pretended to be something you weren’t.

And you always said that doing the right thing was more important than winning.

You taught me what real success is: “If you stand for God and do the right thing, you may lose, but you never fail.”

You taught me how to walk with kings, but not act like one. While a lot of politicians puff their feathers, shake their coffers, throw big names, and brag, you don’t.

You weren’t too famous to wash the dishes. You weren’t too busy to ask my opinion on your speech. You talked about your friends who died in Vietnam.

You stopped at midnight on election day to take care of a homeless man. You spent car rides singing 60’s love songs to your wife. You often abandoned your staff to sit with a normal “Joe” in restaurants all across Alabama.

After events, you called your mother before you called your consultants.

And when faced with bigwigs or moms and pops, you prioritized the moms and pops.

People always mattered more than power to you. And money was a non-issue.

You taught me how to forgive.

Few men have as many enemies. Few have been attacked and lied about so incessantly. When the allegations of misconduct came out, you told me you never knew the world was so evil.

You told me you didn’t know why anyone would do the things they claimed you’d done.

You said you felt sorry for the women, sorry for the reporters, and sorry for people who would believe it.

I saw you hold yourself to a high standard of forgiveness.

You were never bitter toward those women or the liberals and Republicans who piled on, and you told me: “All I can do is stand on the truth. Before God, I have no option but to say ‘I didn’t do it’ and stay in the race.”

When all of D.C. begged you to cave, you didn’t.

When they should have been here campaigning for you but ducked and ran instead, your old war buddies and Etowah County family and friends showed up, joining thousands of people across this state who still believe in your character and trust your leadership.

And our campaign finished strong, singing “Amazing Grace” as the Jefferson County results came in.

You taught me how to face triumph and disaster and treat both of them the same.

And you personified for me what it means to truly live for what matters — with nothing to fear and nothing to lose.

Chief, happy birthday.

You put God first. You put America first.

And whatever the world says, I will never be ashamed to say I worked for you and that you and Mrs. Kayla are my friends and family in Christ Jesus.

P.S. You gave D.C. the scare of their lives, apparently.

(Maggie Ford is a friend of the Moore family and lives in Montgomery.)
    http://yellowhammernews.com/uncatego...irthday-judge/
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Haven't seen one woman come out against him now that the election is over. Surely there are at least a dozen more.

Meant to post this before, the Libertarian Party claimed credit along with McConnell and Dick Shelby for electing Doug Jones the Democrat Lindsey Graham to the Senate from Alabama. Lol what a joke that party is. Thankful we have Republicans like Rand Paul and Roy Moore who still believe in the Constitution. Nick Sarwark is worse than a RINO.
    Relieved by Roy Moore’s defeat? Thank a Libertarian

Republican candidate Roy Moore lost to Democrat Doug Jones in the Dec. 12 special election for U.S. Senate. The Moore campaign was plagued by allegations of sexual impropriety, and voters turned away in droves from what was once considered a safe GOP seat. The race was so close, though, that Jones won by a margin of only 1.5 percent — less than the 1.7 percent of votes for write-in candidates, including Libertarian Ron Bishop.

“If you’re happy that Roy Moore was not elected to the Senate, thank write-in candidates like Libertarian Ron Bishop,” said Libertarian National Committee Chair Nicholas Sarwark.

Bishop and other independent candidates received 22,780 votes in the election according to the latest figures from the Alabama secretary of state, while the margin of difference between the Jones and Moore was a razor-thin 20,715. Even President Donald Trump acknowledged in a tweet that “The write-in votes played a very big factor” in determining the outcome.

According to Bishop campaign staffer Jim Albea, it will be several weeks before we know how many of the write-in votes went to Bishop. Libertarian candidates usually draw equally from disaffected Republicans, Democrats, and independents. Considering the slim margin of victory in such a heavily Republican state, though, Bishop probably turned far more voters away from Moore than from Jones. He did so with an unabashed campaign championing free trade, a balanced budget, lower taxes, and other common-sense Libertarian positions that would also appeal to fiscally conservative Republicans — but he didn’t shy away from Libertarian positions on social issues that can make social conservatives uncomfortable.

Bishop’s campaign also remained respectful toward Jones, whose long career as U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama included a remarkable victory in convicting the Ku Klux Klan members who had been responsible for a 1963 Baptist church bombing.
    According to a 2015 Gallup survey, 27 percent of the electorate is broadly libertarian. That’s more than the 26 percent who are conservative, the 23 percent who are liberal, and the 15 percent who are populist. That’s the highest percentage of libertarians Gallup has ever found among U.S. voters. Thanks to the efforts of both Republican and Democratic state politicians, Alabama has long been subject to state ballot access laws that keep third parties off the ballot in a special election this one. This prevents Libertarian voters from easily expressing their preferred electoral choice and ensures that Republicans and Democrats will retain a stranglehold on the political process.

“In 2018, the Libertarian Party aims to challenge the Democratic/Republican duopoly across the country,” Sarwark said. “We plan on fielding more than 2,000 candidates nationwide. Libertarians don’t care whether people are liberal or conservative. We welcome both liberals and conservatives with open arms. What we do care about is when conservatives force their views on others, for instance, by trying to ban gay marriage. Or when liberals try to force their views on others, for instance, by mandating the intricate details of health insurance contracts and then forcing people to buy them or pay draconian fines.”

The Libertarian Party also stands in opposition to the strain of populism that dominates in the United States today, which seeks to restrict people’s ability to do business with someone on the other side of a line in the sand drawn by dead politicians decades ago.
    “We believe that limiting the power and size of government is a great first step toward creating a society in which people of all types accept and get along with each other,” Sarwark said. “Instead, our authoritarian regulatory regime encourages combat between blue and red tribes over the spoils collected by taxation and inflation. A better world of peace and freedom is possible, but cultural change comes before political change. The increase in libertarian cultural thinking, documented by Gallup, bodes well for political change in a libertarian direction.”

~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Meant to post this before, the Libertarian Party claimed credit along with McConnell and Dick Shelby for electing Doug Jones the Democrat Lindsey Graham to the Senate from Alabama. Lol what a joke that party is. Thankful we have Republicans like Rand Paul and Roy Moore who still believe in the Constitution. Nick Sarwark is worse than a RINO.
    Further proof the LP is an enemy of the liberty movement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Further proof the LP is an enemy of the liberty movement.
    They may be against liberty but in this specific instance they have the opportunity to show the benefit of a party that controls the middle ground. And they are correct to "cluck" about it. I've been saying this on this forums for years. All you have to do is look at the Temperance movement to see how a specific group created the political environment to get make the sale and manufacture of alcoholic drinks illegal. They didn't side with either Dems. or Reps. they just swung the vote to the candidate that best supported their position. When it comes to expenditures the best route for political gain lies in the middle ground of hotly contested seats.

Lawsuit was filed by one accuser after the election. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1EU03Q

Another had her home burned down- suspected arson. https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...down/23325563/

Lawsuit was filed by one accuser after the election. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1EU03Q

Another had her home burned down- suspected arson. https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...down/23325563/
    So full of $#@!. Did you read the article? She filed a lawsuit after he accused her of defamation for her accusation BEFORE the election.

The second is just bull$#@! and has no bearing on the conversation.

I used to support you for giving logical counter points. These days you are just ridiculous. You don't even try anymore. Just spam bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So full of $#@!. Did you read the article? She filed a lawsuit after he accused her of defamation for her accusation BEFORE the election.

I used to support you for giving logical counter points. These days you are just ridiculous. You don't even try anymore. Just spam bull$#@!.
    Could it be a different Zippy....nah.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Could it be a different Zippy....nah.
    Seems to be. Maybe the first Zippy grew a conscience and quit.

Seems to be. Maybe the first Zippy grew a conscience and quit.

When was that? 2009?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

When was that? 2009?
    Guess that could have been and I was just behind the times.

They may be against liberty but in this specific instance they have the opportunity to show the benefit of a party that controls the middle ground. And they are correct to "cluck" about it. I've been saying this on this forums for years. All you have to do is look at the Temperance movement to see how a specific group created the political environment to get make the sale and manufacture of alcoholic drinks illegal. They didn't side with either Dems. or Reps. they just swung the vote to the candidate that best supported their position. When it comes to expenditures the best route for political gain lies in the middle ground of hotly contested seats.
    Maybe I'm missing your point, but the way I see it the LP just basically said they are nothing but a 'spoiler' like the 2 major parties have been saying for decades. This is just the kind of thing that they've been trying to push back against in the past. When I vote for a 3rd party candidate it is because I agree with the 3rd party candidate, if voting for an LP = a vote for the dems after all I simply would not do it.

They claimed credit for one thing, making Roy Moore lose, and the simple fact is Doug Jones won, and the LP is happy with the end result.
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-11-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guess that could have been and I was just behind the times.

I think we are at least on Zippy 5.0 by now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I wonder how the secret recount is going...
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The election was in December. Lawsuit filed in January. Check the dates at the link.

The election was in December. Lawsuit filed in January. Check the dates at the link.
    It doesn't matter, the women were all liars and your attempt to ignore the evidence of that and imply that it must be true because she is suing is insulting to our intelligence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think we are at least on Zippy 5.0 by now.
    I think the mods should change zippy's avatar back to his "Monsters Inc." avatar and his moniker to "Trolls Inc."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Haven't seen one woman come out against him now that the election is over. Surely there are at least a dozen more.
    Elections over. But the search for Justice ain't. Gotaa love the CNN intro. "FAILED" candidate. Not "aggrieved." Not "maligned." Lol.

Roy Moore files lawsuit against 3 women, alleging 'political conspiracy'

(CNN)Failed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore says the women who accused him of sexual assault were part of a political conspiracy, according to a lawsuit filed Monday.

The suit was jointly filed with his wife, Kayla, about an hour before the two held a news conference. It was Moore's first public appearance since election night in December, when Moore, a Republican, was upset by Democrat Doug Jones. The defendants include three women who made accusations against Moore as well as two other people.

"This was filed because the people of Alabama deserve to know the truth," said Melissa Isaak, an attorney representing Moore. "The accusations made against Judge Moore during the US Senate campaign arose from a political conspiracy to destroy his personal reputation and defeat him in the special Senate election for United States Senate."

The suit is asking for compensatory damages from all defendants listed along with interest from the date of the injuries and the court costs. The suit is also asking for punitive damages "in an amount that will adequately reflect the enormity of the defendants' wrongful, outrageous acts" and an amount that will prevent similar acts.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/us/ro...uit/index.html

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast