Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ort-president/

Good words. Constitution over personal politics.
    Moore favors his religion over the Constitution. No separation of Church and State.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Here's to ya, Judge Moore.

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bannon continues on the warpath. The true heart and soul of Trumpism as opposed to the idle POTUS?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ts-2018-243233

Bannon has told associates he wants to recruit candidates in a number of states, including Tennessee, Montana, Missouri, Nevada and Arizona. Bannon is said to be looking for people who will support a populist agenda and oppose candidates backed by the National Republican Senate Committee.

“He wants to just repeat Alabama over and over,” according to one associate.

Bannon wants to convince Trump that he is making a mistake by supporting establishment candidates and waffling on his hard-line campaign promises, according to people familiar with his plans.

He has particular disdain for Sen. Jeff Flake in Arizona and Sen. Bob Corker in Tennessee, who was on Bannon’s target list until he announced he was retiring Tuesday.

Bannon has also griped about Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. “He really wants to get rid of McConnell,” said one person who frequently speaks to Bannon.

“Faux populism is the worst kind,” said Josh Holmes, a longtime chief of staff and adviser to McConnell. “When he goes to Appalachia, Mitch McConnell knows far more about the people than Steve Bannon ever will.”

Holmes added of Bannon: “What he’s doing is making things significantly harder on President Trump at every turn.”
    While Trump cares about his TV coverage and his polls, Bannon tends to see it differently, loving the loud and large protests and musing that Trump should focus on the longer game even at the expense of wins.

“It’s all or nothing for Steve,” said Chris Ruddy, a Trump friend. “There is no compromise.”
    Last edited by AuH20; 09-27-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Trump deserves the burn.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-trump-rocks/

In what is becoming a disturbing pattern, Trump’s son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner was apparently one of those who advised the president to back Strange, to once again sail into big, jagged rocks — a humiliation for Trump that anyone with any real-world political sense should have (and did) seen coming from a mile away.

If there was any doubt, Roy Moore just won the general election. Doug Jones is Abortion Ken Doll. http://freebeacon.com/politics/democ...ions-abortion/

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And a "law and order" republican.
    Based on what I've been reading I think that's not really what he is. More of an old fashioned Christian Andy Griffith type guy. Not the throw the book at them type. Looks like he's in the Rand Paul camp on some justice reform things based on how he was as a judge. The lawyer class has complained he sides with the little guy too much. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-Moore-I-Know
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Republican Roy Moore Outpolling Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama Senate Race

The former Alabama Supreme Court justice is polling at around 50 percent versus 44 percent for Democrat Doug Jones. The remainder is undecided in the Decision Desk HQ poll, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percent.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...195907313.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Moore favors his religion over the Constitution. No separation of Church and State.
    That's not even in the Constitution, Zip. Personal faith is always personal faith. The State may not interfere or establish a religious test.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That's not even in the Constitution, Zip. Personal faith is always personal faith. The State may not interfere or establish a religious test.
    The notion of separation of church and state is inherent in the Establishment and Equal Protection Clauses. The last thing any believer should want is for the State to use its power and influence to promote a particular religious belief. But Moore sees no problem in using the power of his office to push his particular views..
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Roy Moore has 11-point edge over Doug Jones in new Senate race poll

http://www.wsfa.com/story/36630948/exclusive-roy-moore-leads-doug-jones-by-11-in-new-poll

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Roy Moore, the profit of God

The left is now saying Roy Moore is evil, selfish, and basically a thief because he protested his property tax evaluation. The horror.

Oh Roy Moore. He's such a caricature.

He always finds by a way to invoke his god. To make a buck.

Or to save a few.

Like back in 2015 when Moore, then Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, decided it was outrageous and unfair that property he owns in the Gallant community of Etowah county continued to increase in value.

Why, the property valuation used to set the taxes had risen 284 percent between 1995 and 2015. It had even risen since 2005, before the housing crash. So Moore -- like a lot of people who don't want to pay any more tax than they have to -- petitioned the county's board of equalization to reduce the valuation on the property.

And the board of equalization did it. It knocked off $41,200 from its valuation, agreeing that Moore's 4,300 square foot home on 16 acres with a seven-car garage was not, in fact, worth the $311,900 it had assessed.

It was worth only $270,700, the board agreed. That would put annual tax on the place at a little more than $1,000.

But that didn't end it.

Moore thought the reduction was not enough. So he hired a lawyer and sued the chairman of the board of equalization and the county's chief appraiser, arguing he should pay less.

Because ...

The Constitution.

And God.

Because let's face it, we are talking about Roy Moore here.

"The Plaintiff has been forced to suffer an unlawful seizure and/or ongoing obligation against his personal property," Moore's lawyer, Trenton Garmon wrote. "Said God-given right to private property ownership as acknowledged in the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution and the laws of the State of Alabama have been restricted and/or infringed upon."

I feel like I need to cough something up.

He was denied his god-given rights to save a few more dollars. Making clear that Roy's god bestowed more on him than on those saps who get caught up in the court system, who have been tossed in Alabama jails because they cannot pay fines in turnip-squeezing courts. Moore's own judicial system wrung the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness out of anybody who dared worship a god that wasn't just like his.

Oh Roy Moore. He's not just a caricature, but an opportunist who does God a lot more harm than good.

He's not God's prophet but he'll take god's profit.

He takes the lord's name in a vain attempt to save himself cash. The amount at issue in this silly little Etowah County case would have amounted to a couple hundred bucks a year.
    And on and on and on. http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/...it_of_god.html
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The notion of separation of church and state is inherent in the Establishment and Equal Protection Clauses. The last thing any believer should want is for the State to use its power and influence to promote a particular religious belief. But Moore sees no problem in using the power of his office to push his particular views..
    The government is not an entity in itself... it is made up of the will of people who have the right to make up their own mind. If they want to express their rights in favor of a certain religion, they can.
    Now since the prohibition against establishment specifically mentions who can't violate it, extending that protection to the states doesn't change the entity that is prevented from "establishing". Congress.
    Funny how the 2nd is a blanket prohibition against infringement yet can be selectively applied while the 1st is specific as to the who is to be prohibited, but can be argued by liberals to prohibit the dog catcher from sending you a Christmas card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    The government is not an entity in itself... it is made up of the will of people who have the right to make up their own mind. If they want to express their rights in favor of a certain religion, they can.
    Now since the prohibition against establishment specifically mentions who can't violate it, extending that protection to the states doesn't change the entity that is prevented from "establishing". Congress.
    Funny how the 2nd is a blanket prohibition against infringement yet can be selectively applied while the 1st is specific as to the who is to be prohibited, but can be argued by liberals to prohibit the dog catcher from sending you a Christmas card.
    Even if the prohibition on establishing a religion is applied to all branches of government it still has a narrow definition, and recognizing or celebrating religion as part of our culture and the foundation of our legal system does not fall under that definition.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

I think the last time I stopped reading RP Forums was after a post you made where you claimed Trump's victory in the Nevada caucus proved he was doooomed for the rest of the primary season & general election due to the mystical Anti-Trump bloc voting. Seems as if your quality of posting hasn't improved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Identity View Post
    I think the last time I stopped reading RP Forums was after a post you made where you claimed Trump's victory in the Nevada caucus proved he was doooomed for the rest of the primary season & general election due to the mystical Anti-Trump bloc voting. Seems as if your quality of posting hasn't improved at all.
    Please don't let zippy drive you away, just put him on your ignore list if you must.

This is why it is not good to have zippy on this forum.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Washington Post which endorsed Doug Jones running with accusations against Moore from women who were teenagers 34+ years ago. First time Moore has ever been accused of anything besides being too prudish. One month before the election.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Breitbart called it first. Then WaPo quickly released the attacks. http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-back-denial/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Breitbart called it first. Then WaPo quickly released the attacks. http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-back-denial/
    Set up? I don't know, but I do know that establishment GOP and Democrats are doing the happy dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Even if the prohibition on establishing a religion is applied to all branches of government it still has a narrow definition, and recognizing or celebrating religion as part of our culture and the foundation of our legal system does not fall under that definition.
    As I've said before, being from Alabama I found Moore to be kind of a slimy. He sounds like a snake oil salesman when he talks. I think a judge should be unassuming and neutral. I'm agnostic and I'd hate to be sentenced by him. I think I'd go buy a cross just to be safe.

That being said, as long as he votes for liberty I don't really care that he acts like a weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Set up? I don't know, but I do know that establishment GOP and Democrats are doing the happy dance.
    Almost exactly one month till the election. Kinda hard to come with an alibi for some day 38 years ago. Steve Deace reporting the Moores say they will sue the Post.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    As I've said before, being from Alabama I found Moore to be kind of a slimy. He sounds like a snake oil salesman when he talks. I think a judge should be unassuming and neutral. I'm agnostic and I'd hate to be sentenced by him. I think I'd go buy a cross just to be safe.

That being said, as long as he votes for liberty I don't really care that he acts like a weasel.
    The guy has always been a nut job. Alabama could have gotten most of the anti-establishment stuff that people wanted with Moore if they picked Brooks.

And Brooks is much smarter and better on the issues. And if people picked Brooks, you would get someone who is experienced who has been vetted.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The guy has always been a nut job. Alabama could have gotten most of the anti-establishment stuff that people wanted with Moore if they picked Brooks.

And Brooks is much smarter and better on the issues. And if people picked Brooks, you would get someone who is experienced.
    We've been through this. Brooks supports the patriot act and endless wars.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

We've been through this. Brooks supports the patriot act and endless wars.
    I haven't kept up with the debate. Is Moore good on foreign policy and civil liberties? My sense is he would be good on some things like the budget but overall be a theocrat.

Brooks is already a good (not even close to great) Congressman. Brooks was one of the few people to be very complimentary of Ron Paul. Brooks would have been like Mike Enzi. Nowhere close to perfect, but much better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I haven't kept up with the debate. Is Moore good on foreign policy and civil liberties? My sense is he would be good on some things like the budget but overall be a theocrat.

Brooks is already a good (not even close to great) Congressman. Brooks was one of the few people to be very complimentary of Ron Paul. Brooks would have been like Mike Enzi. Nowhere close to perfect, but much better than average.
    One of the main reasons Rand endorsed him was foreign policy. Moore is against foreign aid Brooks isn't. Moore is not a libertarian but he's pretty solid on what the constitutional role of government is, due process etc.

The establishment on both sides of the aisle will do everything in their power to make sure Moore loses this race. If he wins we'll see how he votes.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Washington Post which endorsed Doug Jones running with accusations against Moore from women who were teenagers 34+ years ago. First time Moore has ever been accused of anything besides being too prudish. One month before the election.

You beat Zippy, congrats.

Now if this had been a 30 year old male democrat candidate dating male teenagers, the press would have been silent.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You beat Zippy, congrats.

Now if this had been a 30 year old male democrat candidate dating male teenagers, the press would have been silent.
    Or this. I never heard about it till today. https://www.infowars.com/senator-rob...ican-republic/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast