Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Isn't the video an admission of guilt?

No, it's an admission of pimp. He specifically said the women consented. Did they? I don't know, but he did not admit guilt at all. He admitted that women wanted to $#@! him for his money and power.

Pretty straightforward, unless you have Trump derangement syndrome.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But like Moore, they were alleged crimes. He was only found guilty of lying to congress- not for anything he actually did. If Moore deserves a pass, doesn't Clinton?
    What crimes have been alleged against Moore?

Isn't the video an admission of guilt?

That recording sounds pretty much exactly like being in a courtroom, swearing on a Bible and being asked a question by the prosecuting attorney under threat of contempt of court.

Doesn't sound at all like a rich bigshot bragging to impress a giggling, fawning audience.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, it's an admission of pimp. He specifically said the women consented. Did they? I don't know, but he did not admit guilt at all. He admitted that women wanted to $#@! him for his money and power.

Clinton said the same thing- that it was consensual. No big deal- depending on your political leanings.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-20-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Clinton said the same thing- that it was consensual. No big deal.
    Ya, the worker who heard all the commotion and screaming has a different story.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Manager Disputes Claim That Roy Moore Was Banned From Mall

One of the strangest allegations leveled against U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore (shown) of Alabama is that he was “banned” from a shopping mall in Gadsden, Alabama, in the late 1970s for allegedly “trolling” for young women. As with similar accusations that have been lodged against Moore, the candidate has denied the charge.
    In this case, the mall manager from 1981-1998, Barnes Boyle, told local TV station WBRC late last week that Moore was never banned from the mall.
    “Sure, it’s part of the job, yeah. We did have written reports and things, so, but to my knowledge, he was not banned from the mall,” Boyle told WBRC, A Fox affiliate. News anchor Janet Hall found Boyle after The New Yorker magazine ran a story citing rumors that Moore had been banned, finally conceding, “We cannot confirm that,” in regard to the magazine’s charges.
    The New Yorker began digging for information on the allegations that Moore pursued teenage girls at a time he was in his early thirties. Moore has been married for almost 33 years, and has four children and five granddaughters. As Snopes — a fact-checking Internet site which is regarded as having a general liberal bias — noted, “The report, however, is based on sources recalling a rumor, in some cases.”
    Snopes contacted mall officials, who told them that they do not have any records that date back that far.
    The New Yorker reporter Charles Bethea appears to have based much of his story on either rumors, hearsay, or anonymous sources who asked that he leave their names out of his article.
    Teresa Jones, who was a deputy attorney in Etowah County (where Moore was later a judge) in the 1980s, told CNN that she had heard a “rumor” that Moore was banned.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...nned-from-mall
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

We did have written reports and things
    So he was trolling for girls at the mall, just wasn't banned from it for doing so?

information on the allegations that Moore pursued teenage girls at a time he was in his early thirties.

So he was trolling for girls at the mall, just wasn't banned from it for doing so?
    So what? Idiots report all sorts of things that are not a problem.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He didn't specifically say that the written reports were about Roy Moore and underage girls, he just said that they took and collected reports on those type of things. I suppose that could be what he meant, but he wasn't specific.

In an “unscientific” poll conducted by the Trussville (Alabama) Tribune on Monday, Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore is leading his Democratic opponent Doug Jones by 58 percent to 35 percent. The Tribune quizzed 2,741 readers in Trussville and surrounding towns in the suburbs of Birmingham (total population: 70,000) 80 percent of whom told the Tribune that they were not buying into the media depiction of Moore as a sexual predator.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...udge-roy-moore

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In an “unscientific” poll conducted by the Trussville (Alabama) Tribune on Monday, Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore is leading his Democratic opponent Doug Jones by 58 percent to 35 percent. The Tribune quizzed 2,741 readers in Trussville and surrounding towns in the suburbs of Birmingham (total population: 70,000) 80 percent of whom told the Tribune that they were not buying into the media depiction of Moore as a sexual predator.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...udge-roy-moore
    Sweet.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Flanked by fame-seeking feminist attorney Gloria Allred, Beverly Young Nelson gave a teary-eyed press conference November 13 claiming that GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore violently sexually assaulted her in 1977, when she was 16. But other individuals, in positions to know, are now disputing key facts in Nelson’s story.
    Notable among them is retired public school teacher Rhonda Ledbetter, who for almost three years, 1977 -’79, worked at the restaurant where the alleged assault took place, Olde Hickory House in Gadsden, Alabama. Another is former sheriff's deputy Johnny Belyeu, Sr., who stated that he was a “regular” at the restaurant and that he personally knew Moore from the Etowah County courthouse in the 1970s. The last is former waitress Renee Schivera, who says that she worked at Olde Hickory House during the summer of ’77.
    Here are their revelations, summed up by Gateway Pundit:
    1.) The Olde Hickory House required employees to be at least 16. Beverly Nelson claims she was 15 when she started.
    2.) The restaurant’s dumpsters were on the side of the building and not in back as Nelson claimed.
    3.) A former employee says the restaurant NEVER closed at 11 PM as Nelson claimed and at midnight on most nights.
    4.) Customers at the counter were served by the bartender or cook and not by any waitress [thus, Moore wouldn’t have had occasion to interact with Nelson, the theory goes].
    5.) The witnesses claim they have shared this information with several news outlets but they have refused to report the truth!
    Most significantly, all three witnesses state that they never saw Judge Moore dining at the restaurant. Ledbetter told WHNT 19 News, “I never once saw Roy Moore come into the restaurant in all the time that I worked there.”
    Likewise, Johnny Belyeu, Sr., who, again, knew Moore personally, tells us, “I was a regular customer at Olde Hickory House … and I never once saw Judge Moore come in there,” reported One News Now. Schivera also states that she never saw the judge at the restaurant.
    This appears to vindicate Judge Moore’s statement, “I don’t even know where the restaurant is or was,” which initially was scoffed at.

Much more at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-been-debunked

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Flanked by fame-seeking feminist attorney Gloria Allred, Beverly Young Nelson gave a teary-eyed press conference November 13 claiming that GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore violently sexually assaulted her in 1977, when she was 16. But other individuals, in positions to know, are now disputing key facts in Nelson’s story.
    Notable among them is retired public school teacher Rhonda Ledbetter, who for almost three years, 1977 -’79, worked at the restaurant where the alleged assault took place, Olde Hickory House in Gadsden, Alabama. Another is former sheriff's deputy Johnny Belyeu, Sr., who stated that he was a “regular” at the restaurant and that he personally knew Moore from the Etowah County courthouse in the 1970s. The last is former waitress Renee Schivera, who says that she worked at Olde Hickory House during the summer of ’77.
    Here are their revelations, summed up by Gateway Pundit:
    1.) The Olde Hickory House required employees to be at least 16. Beverly Nelson claims she was 15 when she started.
    2.) The restaurant’s dumpsters were on the side of the building and not in back as Nelson claimed.
    3.) A former employee says the restaurant NEVER closed at 11 PM as Nelson claimed and at midnight on most nights.
    4.) Customers at the counter were served by the bartender or cook and not by any waitress [thus, Moore wouldn’t have had occasion to interact with Nelson, the theory goes].
    5.) The witnesses claim they have shared this information with several news outlets but they have refused to report the truth!
    Most significantly, all three witnesses state that they never saw Judge Moore dining at the restaurant. Ledbetter told WHNT 19 News, “I never once saw Roy Moore come into the restaurant in all the time that I worked there.”
    Likewise, Johnny Belyeu, Sr., who, again, knew Moore personally, tells us, “I was a regular customer at Olde Hickory House … and I never once saw Judge Moore come in there,” reported One News Now. Schivera also states that she never saw the judge at the restaurant.
    This appears to vindicate Judge Moore’s statement, “I don’t even know where the restaurant is or was,” which initially was scoffed at.

Much more at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-been-debunked
    Is it any wonder she won't submit the signature for scrutiny?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After refusing to discuss allegations that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore had inappropriate sexual contact with nine women when they were still teenagers, President Donald Trump has for the first time spoken out about the controversy during a impromptu conference with a group of reporters just before he and his family departed Washington for the Thanksgiving holiday.
    In a response that outraged at least one reporter who shouted questions about the girls' alleged age at the time after the president finished speaking, Trump suggested that he has taken Moore's denials at face value. And even if the allegations are true, the "Republican party doesn't need a liberal Democrat in that seat" Trump said.
    "Well he denies it, Roy Moore totally denies it. And by the way, he gives a total denial. And I have to say, 40 years is a long time. He's run eight races and this has never come up. The women are Trump voters, most of them are Trump voters. So I guess you have to do what you have to do," Trump said.
    "I can tell you one thing for sure. We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat. I looked at his record he's terrible on crime terrible on borders," Trump added. "We don't need somebody who's soft on crime like Jones."

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-democrat-seat

Before anyone jumps on the "soft on crime" comment to claim Moore is a statist law and order type read this:

Shocker: New York Times Writes Positive Article on Roy Moore

Maybe it wasn’t meant that way. From the Times’ piece’s title, “In Sex Crimes and Other Cases, Roy Moore Often Sided With Defendants,” readers may assume the implication is that Judge Moore exhibited the common human tendency to go soft on that of which one is himself guilty. (As with seemingly everyone now, Moore currently faces sexual-misconduct allegations.) Instead, however, the Times paints a picture of a moral, principled judge who often sided with the little guy against the powers that be.

What may surprise many, however, is that judge Moore’s principles, as true principles will, extended to areas that his passions didn’t. As the Times reports, “‘He consistently was more interested in the arguments of the criminal defendants than many of his colleagues,’ said Matt Lembke, an appellate lawyer in Birmingham who has argued several cases in front of Mr. Moore. ‘And I think that stemmed from a distrust of government power reflected in his judicial philosophy.’”
    As for Moore’s empathy, the Times provides some striking examples:
    When a man on death row missed a filing deadline with a lower court, and when most of the Alabama Supreme Court opted not to review his case, Mr. Moore was one of two justices who voted the other way and said some of the evidence used to convict him seemed deficient.
    In another instance, Mr. Moore wrote that a man’s “sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for a nonviolent, drug-related crime reveals grave flaws in our statutory sentencing scheme.”
    And in another case, Mr. Moore dissented and said a man’s unpaid meal at a Waffle House should have led to a theft conviction, not a 35-year sentence for robbery. He called the case, which the majority voted not to review, “a serious miscarriage of justice.”
    Two lawyers who worked with Moore told the Times that the judge sought to protect those wronged by the system. “‘He had no love for criminals, but he believed that every defendant was entitled to due process of law,’ one of the lawyers, Matthew Clark, said in an e-mail. ‘He saw many cases where the defendants, especially young black men, would be convicted solely on very weak circumstantial evidence.’”
    Unsurprisingly — to those acquainted with the soul of a dutiful judge — Moore’s constitutionalism extended beyond social issues and to all areas of his jurisprudence. A good example was the case of a black 17-year-old named Eric L. Higdon, who received 23 years’ incarceration for sexually assaulting a younger boy at a daycare center. Moore dissented from the majority opinion in Higdon’s appeal, reasoning that “while Mr. Higdon was guilty of one form of sodomy, another sodomy law used to convict him was never meant to apply to abuse ‘of children by other children,’ the Times informs. “Mr. Moore wrote that ‘sodomy is an abhorrent crime and should be strictly punished’ but that ‘I am concerned the court is stepping into the shoes of the legislature in this case.’”
    This dissent was used against Moore in the Republican primary by his opponent, Luther Strange, who accused the judge of being soft on child molesters. Yet Moore was merely exhibiting discipline, a quality required for a judge to rule contrary to his own will, feelings, or agenda. And without discipline there is no rule of law.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...e-on-roy-moore

Tell me again what a "statist" "law and order" type he is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

ABC News (TV) reported that Trump would rather have an "accused child molester" in the Senate than a Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

I remember when we had the discussion about this video before and you came to the conclusion that Trump had a 100% success rate in determining which women would be ok with his kiss first ask questions later policy. But we actually know, from trump himself, that he didn't have a 100% success rate. In the same conversation even

Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.
    Trump: I did try and $#@! her. She was married.

So he did fail at least once in knowing which women would accept his advances. So, we know that the option you chose was definitely wrong, which only leaves two options:

I. Trump has sexually harassed/assaulted at least 1 woman
    II. Trump lied and doesn't actually just start kissing women before consent

He has also admitted to other accusations against him - like walking into miss usa/universe changing rooms unannounced to look at naked girls&women

Or maybe the 90s lawsuit that was settled outside of court for millions of dollars

Or maybe the myriad of other accusations against him, in which the women claimed he would "just start kissing/grabbing them," in the exact way he described

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    I remember when we had the discussion about this video before and you came to the conclusion that Trump had a 100% success rate in determining which women would be ok with his kiss first ask questions later policy. But we actually know, from trump himself, that he didn't have a 100% success rate. In the same conversation even

Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.
    Trump: I did try and $#@! her. She was married.

So he did fail at least once in knowing which women would accept his advances. So, we know that the option you chose was definitely wrong, which only leaves two options:

I. Trump has sexually harassed/assaulted at least 1 woman
    II. Trump lied and doesn't actually just start kissing women before consent

He has also admitted to other accusations against him - like walking into miss usa/universe changing rooms unannounced to look at naked girls&women

Or maybe the 90s lawsuit that was settled outside of court for millions of dollars

Or maybe the myriad of other accusations against him, in which the women claimed he would "just start kissing/grabbing them," in the exact way he described

No, there is nothing Trump has said that indicates he assaulted a woman. All he said is he moved on her.. That could mean he went in for a kiss and she pulled away..

Making a move on a woman is not necessarily sexual assault, in fact MOST women EXPECT the man to make the first move..

If the first move is grabbing her pussy, and it fails, then I suppose the woman could press charges for sexual assault. So ya, the first move is done in a sneaky way where they can't see it coming and the guy does something really egregious, it could be considered sexual assault..

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    ABC News (TV) reported that Trump would rather have an "accused child molester" in the Senate than a Democrat
    As long as Bob Menendez is in office, he has both.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I thought Allred wasn't going to release the book for independent analysis unless there is a Senate hearing?

Ex-Alabama cop had to watch Roy Moore in case he harassed cheerleaders at ball games in the 80s

A retired Alabama police officer said she was told to keep an eye on Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore because he was known to harass teenage cheerleaders at local school ball games in the 1980s.

Ex-Gadsden cop Faye Gray told MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell that rumors of Moore liking young girls were heard on a daily basis and she was even informed that he had been suspended from Gadsden Mall because he would often target young female employees.

“We were also told to watch him at the ball games and make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders,” Gray said.

“The rumor was that Roy Moore likes young girls,” she added. “It was not only in our department but at the courthouse, too.”

Gray, a 37-year police veteran who was a detective for the juvenile division at the time, said the department took no action against Moore because it never received complaints on the allegations.

“Every day we were looking for a complaint to come in,” she said. “And I didn’t realize until sometime later that when they said he liked young girls, I just thought he liked young ladies, you know, maybe in their 20s. I had no idea, or we had no idea, that we were talking about 14-year-olds.”

[/QUOTE]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3648980

The mall manager at the time has already confirmed that Moore was never banned. So nothing more than false hearsay.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3648980

The mall manager at the time has already confirmed that Moore was never banned. So nothing more than false hearsay.
    Check her voting record.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

I swear we are living in a comic book world at this point.

I thought Allred wasn't going to release the book for independent analysis unless there is a Senate hearing?
    I think most people know it's fake without going to an independent analyst.

It is obvious that her daddy hung around the food court at the mall also.

It isn't about facts. It's about persuasion.

I soooo hope Moore wins. It will be a big one for Bannon, and for Trump.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Bill Clinton sexual misconduct occurring in the White House and the subsequent obstruction of justice
    would have a very tough time in this current political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Trump endorsed Strange.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast