Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    EXCLUSIVE – Mother of Roy Moore Accuser: Washington Post Reporters Convinced My Daughter to Go Public
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...itbart+News%29
    From the article:

Corfman’s mother, Wells, told Breitbart News that reporters for the Washington Post convinced her daughter to give them an interview.

“She did not go to them,” said Wells. “They called her.”
    So if this woman, and the other women, never came forward, and the WaPo had to "convince" them to tell their story, how did the WaPo know which women to approach?

Did they just troll the whole state?

I'm not in Alabama, I'm not sure what to think of Moore, (wonder what he thinks of the good doctor?) but this is utter horse$#@! on the part of WaPo.

Hope they get sued blind.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm not in Alabama, I'm not sure what to think of Moore, (wonder what he thinks of the good doctor?)
    While I assume you meant Ron; but immediately after winning the primary Moore went on the usual trip to DC to meet with party members. He didn't meet with the party "leaders" but instead had a private meeting with Randal. That is encouraging in my book.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-senate-243507
    Roy Moore rode into Washington this week to shore up his main constituency: Rebellious Republicans.

The GOP’s divisive nominee in the Alabama Senate race visited on Wednesday and Thursday with three of the most defiant Republican senators: Rand Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah. He was expected to meet with House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) later Thursday. And Moore was dining with conservative leaders Jim DeMint, the former senator from South Carolina and ex-president of The Heritage Foundation, and David McIntosh, the president of the Club for Growth, on Thursday evening, according to a source familiar with the gathering.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-13-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    While I assume you meant Ron; but immediately after winning the primary Moore went on the usual trip to DC to meet with party members. He didn't meet with the party "leaders" but instead had a private meeting with Randal. That is encouraging in my book.

Could have been either good doctor.

Thanks for posting that.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Could have been either good doctor.

Thanks for posting that.
    Randal endorsed Moore after that meeting, so he must have liked what he heard.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Randal endorsed Moore after that meeting, so he must have liked what he heard.
    Especially on foreign policy.

The lawmakers who have met with him say that Moore is unlikely to be tamed. Instead he’s angling to to join the small clutch of lawmakers willing to take lonely stands on the Senate floor against McConnell, and invite torrents of blame from the establishment.

“He’s less likely to be beholden to Washington-think, the idea that we can’t do anything. I think he’ll plan on coming and trying to change things. And I think we do need change,” Paul said of Moore, whom he’s spoken with multiple times. “He agrees with me that foreign aid is not constitutional. And there are a lot of things like that where we will be able to find common ground. And he doesn’t like Graham-Cassidy,” the Senate GOP's leading Obamacare repeal proposal, which fell short last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Now they are rolling out Gloria Allred... come on guys.

An Alabama woman is expected to disclose allegations of sexual assault against Roy Moore during a press conference today in New York.

New York Attorney Gloria Allred is holding a press conference at 1:30 p.m. CST (2:30 p.m. EST) with the new accuser, whose name hasn't been made public. The woman alleges that Moore, Alabama's Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, assaulted her when he was a minor.

"The new accuser wishes to state what she alleges Roy Moore did to her without her consent," a news release from the lawyer states.
    hxxp://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_alabama_sex_claims.html
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Don't let previous stories about Weinstein and the rest weaponize the accusations against Moore.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Don't let previous stories about Weinstein and the rest weaponize the accusations against Moore.
    The whole sexual misconduct thing has worked it's way into mass hysteria. Just ask Sulu.

Can't imagine they would do this purely in prep for Judge Moore, but there probably is a political motive. It's reminiscent of the pre-Hillary 2016 campaign gender wars they tried to gin up. No doubt they think they can take down more men with a witch hunt like this.

Kind of funny that Weinstein is a friend of Hillary. Hillary is not the woman they want to push though. They probably want to take her out of the running at this point. There is always Elizabeth Warren or Michelle Obama, but don't forget Kamala Harris. They have been pushing her hard.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Now they are rolling out Gloria Allred... come on guys.

hxxp://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_alabama_sex_claims.html
    Here's how it works. They put out the first story with a few women, and they know that afterwards, more will come out, either valid or just those who just want to jump on the bandwagon. Crazies and political operatives more than welcome.

Do it all a month before election, so that there's no way to verify anything (or go through any kind of due process). All will be forgotten the day after the election.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And this will continue until December 12. Uggghh.

My hope rests in the good people of Alabama.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can't imagine they would do this purely in prep for Judge Moore, but there probably is a political motive.
    They definitely have motive, and the opportunity was practically handed to them. I don't know if this is premeditated, but it is definitely opportunistic.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes!
    The person who should step aside is @SenateMajLdr Mitch McConnell. He has failed conservatives and must be replaced. #DrainTheSwamp
    https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/stat...28259035082756
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

"I believe the women," McConnell, R-Ky., said Monday in response to a question at an appearance in Louisville. And he said flatly that Moore should step aside for another GOP candidate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/moore-thr...-election.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "I believe the women," McConnell, R-Ky., said Monday in response to a question at an appearance in Louisville. And he said flatly that Moore should step aside for another GOP candidate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/moore-thr...-election.html
    Need some women men to lob some accusations against McConnell.

Just finishing watching the live Allred accuser presser. Beverly Young Nelson was a pretty, young, 16 yr. old that worked at a diner. She claims he used to touch the end of her hair as she walked by and compliment her looks. She claims that after the diner closed, and her boyfriend was late, Moore offered her a ride. Claims he drove to a dark area behind the diner, fondled her and tried to force her head to his crotch. She put up a fight, he cautioned her not to say anything as no one would believe her, pushed her out the door and left "burning rubber." The "smoking gun" is that he signed her yearbook. Paraphrased ""To a sweeter more beautiful girl, I could not say Merry Christmas.", Love Roy Moore, DA and the date Dec. 22, 1977." She remembered the type of shoe he was wearing, but not his type of car. Allred held up a portrait from a theme park showing how pretty she was at the time along with showing her yearbook photo.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...ex_claims.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-13-2017 at 02:22 PM.

I have no clue what to think about this woman's claim about Moore, but why should we take any person represented by Gloria Allred as being credible, considering her track record.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I have no clue what to think about this woman's claim about Moore, but why should we take any person represented by Gloria Allred as being credible, considering her track record.
    It's just more "he said/she said" with no proof. Why, of all possible persons, would this accuser specifically search out Gloria Allred?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's just more "he said/she said" with no proof. Why, of all possible persons, would this accuser specifically search out Gloria Allred?
    I think at this point, if Moore wanted to seem clean in the face of these accusations that perhaps he should call for a Senate hearing and demand that all accusers be subpoena'd. If he truly is innocent then that should scare the bejuses out of some accusers if they did it for financial gain.

Allred at presser..."And I noticed he hasn't denied my client..." Well, no $#@!. She just now made the accusation.

Last edited by phill4paul; 11-13-2017 at 02:44 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Allred at presser..."And I noticed he hasn't denied my client..." Well, no $#@!. She just now made the accusation.
    He also has denied ANY misconduct EVER, so I think that covers her client.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If these accusers are telling the truth, we are left with the impression that Moore is the Don Knotts or Mr. Bean of attempted serial rapists.

This would really be proof.

Just finishing watching the live Allred accuser presser. Beverly Young Nelson was a pretty, young, 16 yr. old that worked at a diner. She claims he used to touch the end of her hair as she walked by and compliment her looks. She claims that after the diner closed, and her boyfriend was late, Moore offered her a ride. Claims he drove to a dark area behind the diner, fondled her and tried to force her head to his crotch. She put up a fight, he cautioned her not to say anything as no one would believe her, pushed her out the door and left "burning rubber." The "smoking gun" is that he signed her yearbook. Paraphrased ""To a sweeter more beautiful girl, I could not say Merry Christmas.", Love Roy Moore, DA and the date Dec. 22, 1977." She remembered the type of shoe he was wearing, but not his type of car. Allred held up a portrait from a theme park showing how pretty she was at the time along with showing her yearbook photo.

So she knew him as a creeper before getting in his car, then why go with him instead of waiting for her boyfriend??? This doesn't add up at all. Typical Gloria Allred.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    So she knew him as a creeper before getting in his car, then why go with him instead of waiting for her boyfriend??? This doesn't add up at all. Typical Gloria Allred.
    Yeah, no $#@!. Also, back in those days, most down home diner establishment owners stuck around until their high school female employees caught a ride, or offered them one themselves. And then after the alleged assault she went back out front and her boyfriend showed up. How long were they at the back of the building? If I were Moore I would subpoena her boyfriend at the time and the owner of the establishment, if still living.

Another thing no cellphones! Back then I imagine if someone is scheduled to pick you up, you damn well better wait, can't let the bf know you left with someone else so when he does show up you aren't there!

Lindsey Graham just called for Moore to drop out. Guess the Neocons decided to do it in a trickle.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Cory Gardner, R-Colo., called for Judge Roy Moore to be expelled from the Senate if he is elected next month in the wake of multiple reports of sexual assault.
    “I believe the individuals speaking out against Roy Moore spoke with courage and truth, proving he is unfit to serve in the United States Senate and he should not run for office," Gardner said in a statement. "If he refuses to withdraw and wins, the Senate should vote to expel him, because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate."

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/co...rticle/2640538

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Another thing no cellphones! Back then I imagine if someone is scheduled to pick you up, you damn well better wait, can't let the bf know you left with someone else so when he does show up you aren't there!
    Exactly. No way to check with boyfriend or tell him not to come. Just taking off with someone else? How does she explain that to her boyfriend? If there is a real story there, we are not getting all of it.

Nelson said she was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up from work one night when Moore offered to give her a ride home.
    And she jumped right in with no way to tell her boyfriend...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Cory Gardner, R-Colo., called for Judge Roy Moore to be expelled from the Senate if he is elected next month in the wake of multiple reports of sexual assault.
    “I believe the individuals speaking out against Roy Moore spoke with courage and truth, proving he is unfit to serve in the United States Senate and he should not run for office," Gardner said in a statement. "If he refuses to withdraw and wins, the Senate should vote to expel him, because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate."

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/co...rticle/2640538
    Really? LOL. How do these people say things like this with a straight face?

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast