Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Some talking head broad on Fox just called him a pedophile. She should look up the definition.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-15-2017 at 06:54 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    pedophile
    A word soon to become as meaningless as collusion.

Some talking head broad on Fox just called him a pedophile. She should look up the definition.
    Hannity, while discussing the Moore situation, went on a tangent about how much he despises "child molesters". As if it applies to these accusations. How old was the latest accuser? 28?

Seeing as how accusations of sexual harassment have already been thrown at Hannity, and it is the go to tactic to remove right wing media people, it's ironic how he has jumped on the bandwagon. Suppose his "white knight" weakness is being used against him, and he is now a useful idiot for the left.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hannity, while discussing the Moore situation, went on a tangent about how much he despises "child molesters". As if it applies to these accusations. How old was the latest accuser? 28?

Seeing as how accusations of sexual harassment have already been thrown at Hannity, and it is the go to tactic to remove right wing media people, it's ironic how he has jumped on the bandwagon. Suppose his "white knight" weakness is being used against him, and he is now a useful idiot for the left.
    Money is the only explanation needed, his sponsors were leaving unless he turned against Moore so he caved, hopefully his audience will abandon him and his sponsors.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ivanka just came out in support of the accusers.
    I guess that's Trump's attempt at threading the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

According to WAPO there were 4 accusers. 3 of which said that after they denied consent he took them home. They were all over the legal age of consent at the time. 16 or older.
    Only one accuser was under that age. 14. She said he called her at home and on "her" phone set up a date. She accuses the date lead to getting down to underwear and him heavy petting her. She alleges that when he guided her hand to his dick, she expressed that she wanted to be taken home. He did. Her mother has since stated that her daughter didn't have a private phone. There was only a "house" phone.
    The latest to come forward, Allreds presser, has been called out regarding the yearbook signature. I think she was 17 at the time.

As far as Hannity he is an opportunist and he saw money dwindling away. So he blew which way the wind did.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Is the ignorance real or feigned?
    Naw, I was just getting your goat. I didn't vote for Trump, because my not voting, was a vote for Hillary.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    tl;dl

tl;dl
    It's ok, I just listened to it twice for us.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's ok, I just listened to it twice for us.
    If you could listen to it a third time for us, that'd be great. I don't think I caught it all.

If you could listen to it a third time for us, that'd be great. I don't think I caught it all.
    Better make it 4

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gloria Allred on CNN: Asked about Roy Moore serving as a judge in Nelson's divorce, Allred dodges the question: "This is not a senate hearing, last time I checked, and we're not going to put everything out there until there is a senate hearing."

Additionally said not submitting the yearbook for verification until senate hearings..... WHICH MEANS IT WASN'T VERIFIED IN THE FIRST PLACE! By god these idiots, how do you not verify the signature before going public and the press conference. I'll tell you why....these are EVIL people.

Last edited by spudea; 11-15-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

He should have just followed the pilot formula.

Take you age, devide by two and add seven.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Gloria Allred on CNN: Asked about Roy Moore serving as a judge in Nelson's divorce, Allred dodges the question: "This is not a senate hearing, last time I checked, and we're not going to put everything out there until there is a senate hearing."

Additionally said not submitting the yearbook for verification until senate hearings..... WHICH MEANS IT WASN'T VERIFIED IN THE FIRST PLACE! By god these idiots, how do you not verify the signature before going public and the press conference. I'll tell you why....these are EVIL people.
    Of course not. It would be long after the election for a civil trial. A Senate hearing isn't gonna happen unless Rand calls for it, and even then it won't happen before the election. The RNC wants Doug Jones to win.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Please do tell us how do you properly deny ridiculous accusations? Is there a playbook?
    When a friendly Hannity asks you:
    “Do you remember dating girls that young at that time?”

The correct answer is “No. It never happened”.

NOT:

“Not generally, no. If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that.”

At best, this guy is a doofus and whatever Rand saw in him isn’t going to happen. Rand doles out endorsements way too easily.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

NOT:

“Not generally, no. If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that.”

At best, this guy is a doofus and whatever Rand saw in him isn’t going to happen. Rand doles out endorsements way too easily.
    Dating girls that age is not a crime and therefore he doesn't have to deny it absolutely, on the other hand since he did date young girls if he denies these specific claims it is possible one of them lied about her age and then he can be accused of lying, it sounds just like the kind of careful response lawyers are trained to make in situations like this.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Steve Bannon loves Roy Moore. Trump supports Moore whether he says so publicly or not, which means if Rand is smart he will support Moore too.

That simple fact that folks like Mitch McConnell hate Roy Moore and are threatening to expel him should he win, demonstrates how much they fear a Moore victory.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

NOT:

40 years from now I hope to have the photographic memory you think should exist for everyone. In 40 years, I'm not gonna remember the date I had last week and if someone comes along asking me about it, my first response will be I don't remember.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I was iffy on the yearbook. Forgery is possible - the message is rather odd - but it's hard to be 100% certain. Thomas Wictor tweets a lot of wish-fulfillment for Trump supporters.

However, this sounds much more convincing. If Moore can back up his claims with evidence, I'd say the yearbook woman has definitely made false accusations.
    Though Nelson says she never met Roy Moore after the alleged assault, he did meet her when he handled her divorce. Judge Moore states he never signed his name with a D.A. but the only instance of using a D.A. is his assistant initializing with a D.A. after his signature. His assistant at the time had the initials D.A. This appears on the divorce paperwork from 1999
    Last edited by milgram; 11-15-2017 at 08:52 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Steve Bannon loves Roy Moore. Trump supports Moore whether he says so publicly or not, which means if Rand is smart he will support Moore too.

That simple fact that folks like Mitch McConnell hate Roy Moore and are threatening to expel him should he win, demonstrates how much they fear a Moore victory.
    Moore was to be the first "Bannon Candidate"- Republicans who would challenge Trump. Bannon is trying to decide what to do- continue support or abandon him. For now, he is sticking with Moore. Trump supported Moore's opposition in the race.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...bannon/545948/

Roy Moore Tests the Limits of Bannon's 'Season of War'

The mounting charges against the Republican Senate candidate from Alabama are causing uncertainty for the Breitbart chief and his allies

Back in September, Roy Moore’s Republican senatorial primary win over Luther Strange seemed like a good early sign for Steve Bannon’s “season of war” against the Republican establishment. Bannon and his website Breitbart News had gone all-in on the Alabama race, flooding the zone with pro-Moore coverage, and Bannon had campaigned for him in person. And Moore emerged victorious even though President Trump endorsed his opponent.

Since then, things have gone very much awry. Five women have said Moore pursued them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s; two of them, including one woman who said she was just 14 at the time, have said Moore sexually abused them; the National Republican Senatorial Committee has cut Moore off and its leader called for him to be expelled from the Senate even if he wins; nearly every Republican senator who endorsed Moore has withdrawn their endorsement; recent polls have shown him neck-and-neck with the Democratic candidate, Doug Jones; and on Tuesday night, the Republican National Committee pulled their support from him.

The cascade of revelations has forced Breitbart to double down when nearly everyone else is abandoning Moore, and is testing the kingmaker image Bannon has been trying to build for the 2018 midterms.

Bannon has remained publicly defiant, casting the allegations as a coordinated smear of Moore and sending two reporters to Alabama. But a Bannon ally confirmed to me that behind the scenes, Bannon has been sounding people out about how to handle the Moore situation. (This source and others quoted in this article spoke on condition of anonymity in order to speak freely about internal conversations.)

The Daily Beast reported on Tuesday that Bannon had told his inner circle he would “put [Moore] in a grave myself” if it turned out Moore had been lying to him about the accusations—Moore insists they are false—and had been “taking the temperature” of allies to see how they thought he should proceed. And internally, some in Bannon’s circle have expressed concern at the unrelenting nature of the scandal and indicated they’re more worried than they appear to be publicly, according to a source with knowledge of these conversations.

Another source close to Bannon pushed back on the Daily Beast report and said Bannon still “stands by Judge Moore 1000 percent” and plans to send more reporters to Alabama, adding that there’s “zero chance” Bannon and Breitbart will back down. Bannon is, this person said, scheduled to appear at a rally organized by Moore’s friend and adviser Dean Young on December 5. Bannon is in Japan this week giving a speech.

“There’s healthy debate about the whole thing, that’s the way Breitbart is on anything,” the source said, referring to internal conversations about the Moore story. “There’s not strong disagreement in any sense of the word.”

Bannon has compared the Moore allegations to the Access Hollywood tape that leaked a month before the presidential election, which showed Trump bragging to TV host Billy Bush about groping women and kissing them against their will. The tape caused a similar political firestorm, with many top Republicans pulling their support of the nominee. Trump did apologize for his comments but stayed mostly defiant; in a move orchestrated by Bannon, the campaign brought four women who had accused Bill Clinton of sexual misconduct to the debate that was held shortly after the story broke. Despite being abandoned by much of his party’s establishment, Trump won.
    More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He should have just followed the pilot formula.

Take you age, devide by two and add seven.
    That's a good formula if you already have kids..

I'd say divide by two, then
    if you have kids add 7
    If you've been married but no kids add 5
    If you've never been married, take the number of lifetime sexual partners, divide by 4, and add that number (max 7 after calculation)..
    and always stay above the legal limit.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    I was iffy on the yearbook. Forgery is possible - the message is rather odd - but it's hard to be 100% certain. Thomas Wictor tweets a lot of wish-fulfillment for Trump supporters.

However, this sounds much more convincing. If Moore can back up his claims with evidence, I'd say the yearbook woman has definitely made false accusations.
    Two things made me question. The first was the "DA" when he was "ADA" at the time. The second was that after all that cursive writing it went into block lettering to name the place.

Trump supports Moore whether he says so publicly or not
    Has Trump's support for Strange already gone in the memory hole? If he deletes his tweets then it unhappens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Has Trump's support for Strange already gone in the memory hole? If he deletes his tweets then it unhappens?
    Trump doesn't have to delete his twitter now that he is president, the company does it for him pro actively because its their patriotic duty. I know I would delete Trumps twitter if I could, might stop a few wars from being started.

Yearbook thing looks super sketchy and the story doesn't add up. I say it's a forgery... which leads me to believe the rest of it is fake too.

Two things made me question. The first was the "DA" when he was "ADA" at the time. The second was that after all that cursive writing it went into block lettering to name the place.
    From what I have read, it seems that she may have gotten the signature from her divorce papers where he ruled against her, and D.A. was the initials of his assistant at the time.
    Also of note is the fact that she didn't file a Motion to Recuse on him during the divorce case if she was so torn up from the "brutal assault".
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Moore was to be the first "Bannon Candidate"- Republicans who would challenge Trump. Bannon is trying to decide what to do- continue support or abandon him. For now, he is sticking with Moore. Trump supported Moore's opposition in the race.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...bannon/545948/

More at link.
    I believe Trump is actually pulling for Moore, even though publicly endorsing his opponent.

That's why Bannon left the White House, to wage an ideological war against the swamp without having to swim in it day after day. Trump still has to govern, so he will go along to get along.

But I guarantee behind the scenes Trump is doing everything possible to help Moore win.

Watch his feet, not his mouth.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Aka The Billy Graham rule.
    Camille Paglia thought a chaperone was a good idea and that women gave up a good deal of power when that tradition became antiquated. I tend to agree.

Elsewhere, I expect Moore to win easily (7% or more - no pun intended) and vote for the Constitution more so than anyone but Rand Paul.

I believe Trump is actually pulling for Moore, even though publicly endorsing his opponent.

That's why Bannon left the White House, to wage an ideological war against the swamp without having to swim in it day after day. Trump still has to govern, so he will go along to get along.

But I guarantee behind the scenes Trump is doing everything possible to help Moore win.

Watch his feet, not his mouth.
    You guarantee it? Lol, what utter tripe. And I prefer watching his hands, its really bizarre the way he uses them when he talks.

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast