Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Man and woman of Earth' found 8 miles out in the ocean off Fort Pierce

'Man and woman of Earth' found 8 miles out in the ocean off Fort Pierce

It says he resisted when they tried to take his fingerprints. What did they arrest him for?

FORT PIERCE — When U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officials spotted a boat 8 miles out in the ocean during the early morning hours Monday, officials decided to investigate.

Neither of the people aboard waved for help.

Officials moved in because the boat lacked registration numbers and identifying marks, which is often a sign that a boat is being used by refugees or drug smugglers.

The occupants, 29-year-old Duncan Curry of North Carolina and a woman, Leah Barreras, would only identify themselves as residents of Earth.

Curry only replied, "I am me," when officials asked his name. Barreras said they live on the boat and they "are man and woman of Earth."

Curry and Barreras were taken to Fort Pierce where Curry was put in the St. Lucie County Jail on a charge of resisting an officer without violence. He resisted when deputies tried to take his fingerprint, according to the affidavit.

The report listed Curry's address as being transient. The woman's status is unknown.

The report did not indicate that any contraband was found on the boat.
    http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...ean/529628001/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It says he resisted when they tried to take his fingerprints. What did they arrest him for?
    I'm assuming they arrested him on suspicion of conspiring to resist arrest without violence.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He already told them they reside on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm assuming they arrested him on suspicion of conspiring to resist arrest without violence.
    And drugs!

These damn hippies always have drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    And drugs!

These damn hippies always have drugs.
    I doubt they even found anything or else it would've been all over the news.

The report did not indicate that any contraband was found on the boat.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I doubt they even found anything or else it would've been all over the news.
    "man and woman of the earth"

Ya, they had drugs, probably threw them in the ocean before cops boarded
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I would think if they had drugs they would have thought that thru and had some type of way to recover the drugs without them getting damaged in the water.

Or worse!

Those damn hippies might have taken the drugs..

Stomachs must be pumped, anal/vaginal probes administered and blood drawn!

Good God man think of the children!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It figures it'd be something like that.

What did they arrest him for?
    Escaped tax ni ggers, off the plantation.

The paddy rollers got 'em.

Did they have any dogs? I hope the dogs are okay.

The occupants, 29-year-old Duncan Curry of North Carolina and a woman, Leah Barreras, would only identify themselves as residents of Earth.

Curry only replied, "I am me," when officials asked his name. Barreras said [...] they "are man and woman of Earth."
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    They are, and I'm going to remember that line.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Or worse!

Those damn hippies might have taken the drugs..

Stomachs must be pumped, anal/vaginal probes administered and blood drawn!

Good God man think of the children!
    You deal with the probes, in fact, have at all of it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Escaped tax ni ggers, off the plantation.

The paddy rollers got 'em.
    Failure to pay tribute on the kings waterway.
    "The Patriarch"

Man and woman of the earth? Isn't that a TV show?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Man and woman of the earth? Isn't that a TV show?
    People of Earth is the tv show and I happen to love it, btw. Watch it, it's hilarious.

So it was a TV show promo.

Jesus answered, “I am”

People of Earth is the tv show and I happen to love it, btw. Watch it, it's hilarious.
    Are there any shows you have not seen?

Meet Suzanimal, a PR person for Netflix.

I am very much interested in why they were arrested. They only say was arrested for "resisting an officer without violence" while being fingerprinted? wtf was he being fingerprinted?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I am very much interested in why they were arrested. They only say was arrested for "resisting an officer without violence" while being fingerprinted? wtf was he being fingerprinted?
    My question exactly. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Watch it buddy!

You too will be arrested and printed for questioning authority.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Jesus answered, “I am”
    And we all know what happened to Him.
    There is no spoon.

I now own their junk rigged Pearson 367. Leah and Duncan are a lovely couple. In my view those who mock and ridicule them are enjoying freedom because of people like Leah and Duncan.

The two exhibited exceptional craftsmanship converting the boat to a junk rig. Beautiful mast and excellent sail.

I sailed the boat up the St Lucie River and Canal and I noted many people photographing the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by raggedyedge View Post
    I now own their junk rigged Pearson 367. Leah and Duncan are a lovely couple. In my view those who mock and ridicule them are enjoying freedom because of people like Leah and Duncan.

The two exhibited exceptional craftsmanship converting the boat to a junk rig. Beautiful mast and excellent sail.

I sailed the boat up the St Lucie River and Canal and I noted many people photographing the boat.
    You won't get many people here mocking them. Did they have to give up the boat?

Oh yes - welcome!

Welcome aboard.

Great teaser of a first post!

We need much more information on this.

What may appear to be mocking, is really just extreme sarcasm.

It's all we have left, sadly.

In all seriousness, I hope that Duncan and Leah are OK and are through with any "Imperial entanglements".

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    He already told them they reside on the boat.
    License and registration please. No one is allowed to freely trawl the water ways or road ways without a license, registration, and *burp* insurance...
    So few who don't comply, so many to bust you for it. Resistance is futile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast