Thread: Is Facebook a monopoly?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FB has many competitors. Twitter, Google, Myspace, Instagram, and Snapchat come to mind.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Thanks for the opinion, forgot MySpace was still around and that seems to be the closest competitor in terms of services though very outdated.
    Twitter and few others though also operate in same sphere but don't seem to have similar services though. But my question was based on ignorance too as have not explored these services and was just amazed by market cap of FB which was supposed to be just a "web site" as opposed to other tech companies that produced things.

Trouble is with our current internet, it has been treated as a Walled Garden, and inside this garden, this is where everyone is being told to go, so many do. Personally, I block every possible way in which my computer can directly connect with Fedbook, hosts file, DNS, Router by IP, Routing Tables (its a dos command so dont get too excited). Not much I can do to keep them from seeing posts I make on here, but they can not link it with my PC so thats a good thing, right?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Thanks for the opinion, forgot MySpace was still around and that seems to be the closest competitor in terms of services though very outdated.
    Twitter and few others though also operate in same sphere but don't seem to have similar services though. But my question was based on ignorance too as have not explored these services and was just amazed by market cap of FB which was supposed to be just a "web site" as opposed to other tech companies that produced things.
    FB is not just a website. Any $500B company has their hands in many pots.

Here's an actual product they make: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

There's thousands of companies competing to take social-network market share from facebook. They'll all probably fail in the short term, unless they completely revolutionize the industry and have massive funding.
    Last edited by brandon; 08-05-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Whatever else it is, it's a monstrosity.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

LibForestPaul

Facebook, Google, and Amazon are front companies. They are extension of the banking cartels and international elites. Facebook is voluntary, is one of the greatest inventions by authoritarians this century. Google is evil, and any competition is to shroud its massive data ownership of half the planet.