Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where have all the good men gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And an idiot:

"I can do anything a man can do and better, Hear me roar!"

Yah, except plug in an appliance.

It's all Tesla's fault.
    Try to 'splain how single phase, low voltage power was used to protect housewives even though it cost more to use and provide and you'll be the misogynist from hell...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine if they held a war and nobody showed up.I thought these passages quite good as well.And this:Which is a version of "Going Galt".A powerful combination if done together.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I feel damaged from reading this thread . One thing I cannot figure out . That picture of the two feminist ladies , the one on the right has her ass in the front . How did that happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I feel damaged from reading this thread . One thing I cannot figure out . That picture of the two feminist ladies , the one on the right has her ass in the front . How did that happen ?
    Those are a new species, they're commonly referred to as 'Double-Butters'...

Something to do with crossing a human, a Twinkie and a Big-Mac....

And men are deploying the most devastating weapon of all - indifference.
    It took me a second to recognize that this is between other entire walls of text from the women's perspective which all made me think "Why am I reading this? IDGAF about any of this."
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It took me a second to recognize that this is between other entire walls of text from the women's perspective which all made me think "Why am I reading this? IDGAF about any of this."
    Format fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Try to 'splain how single phase, low voltage power was used to protect housewives even though it cost more to use and provide and you'll be the misogynist from hell...
    Mansplailing sexist.

Everyone one knows this technology stuff is all part of the male patriarchy.

Magick will be used in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Does that mean your mom or sister or wife/gf is either on meds or crazy and untreated? Now that is scary

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How Did I Become the Last Single Person in My Friend Group?

http://www.vogue.com/article/30s-and...tling-slutever

I can't imagine.

I love everything about this thread.

Carry on.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I wouldn't call it "fear and paranoia".

Is it fear and paranoia that inhibits a man from picking up a rattlesnake?

Or just a healthy action based on a rational risk assessment?

Well done, feminism. Now men are afraid to help women at work

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relat...n-at-work.html

By Martin Daubney

A new book claims that male office workers are now so afraid of being on the receiving end of a sexual harassment case, they are reluctant to mentor, assist, befriend and even hold open doors for female colleagues.

Crushingly, Sex & The Office suggests men now view such ordinary, decent behaviours as “too risky” – and, in what will be a bitter irony for equality campaigners – claims that, as a direct consequence, women are now failing to advance at work.

This terror of being accused of sexual harassment is now so common it has its own term, “backlash stress”. It sounds like something straight out of a Claims Direct ad – where the only victims are men.

"In a lawsuit-happy culture, where claims can be made on a 'he said/she said' basis, men are now trying to ensure their actions are always covered by a third party witness"
    Martin Daubney

The book’s author, Kim Elsesser, a research scholar at the University of California, argues that a “sex partition” has sprung up, which impedes women from building the vital network of contacts both within the workplace and socially.

And the author should know about tough working environments: she’s a former equities trader at Morgan Stanley.

Tellingly, Elsesser adds that companies themselves are contributing to this mess, as they are now so terrified of legal action they send staff on sexual harassment training courses, and are duty-bound to follow up on any allegation, however minor.

Ludicrously, Elsesser cites examples of men who have been dragged in by their HR departments for simply opening a door for a female colleague or complimenting her on a new suit. “Stories like these spread around workplaces, instilling a fear that innocent remarks will be misinterpreted,” she says.

No $#@!, Sherlock!

Of course, despite the fact that it is men who are getting the rough end of the pineapple here, this is all being painted as Officially Bad For Women, as they are failing to get on.

But how are men meant to react when we’re informed that, despite decades of being told women don’t need or even want men’s help, now they’re falling behind because we’re not helping them?

A phrase involving “cake and eat it” leaps to mind – although don’t repeat it at work, as you’ll probably be frogmarched to HR for “fat shaming”.

Elsesser’s book echoes an insightful New York Post article from earlier this year called ‘Powerful Men Now Hide Behind Open Doors’.

"The terror of being accused of sexual harassment is now so common it has its own term, 'backlash stress'"

The writer, Naomi Schaffer Riley, paints a depressingly familiar picture of university lecturers who won’t even close their office doors when alone with a female student.

It would be easy to dismiss this as yet more campus lunacy, yet Riley claims this rot runs to the very top of American society. And how soon before we start feeling ripples cross the Pond?

Riley cites a US National Journal survey where a male Congress aide said: “Several female aides have been barred from staffing their male bosses at evening events, driving alone with their congressman or senator, or even sitting down one-on-one in his office for fear that others would get the wrong impression.”

In a lawsuit-happy culture, where claims can seemingly be made on a 'he said/she said' basis, men are now trying to ensure their actions are always covered by a third party witness. Increasingly, they want to make sure the walls have ears – just in case something “inappropriate” is said.

How sad. And, honestly, who’s got the foggiest clue about where “inappropriate” even begins these days? Holding open a door? Saying, “nice dress?” Smiling? Making eye contact?

By carrying on like this we are nurturing and mollycoddling victimhood and it is having profound impacts. Last month in Britain, “fearless feminist” barrister Charlotte Proudman publicly shamed Alexander Carter-Silk, 57, a senior solicitor, for complimenting her “stunning” LinkedIn profile picture – then claimed it was her career that had been “ruined”.

Amid this poisonous smog of mutual mistrust and, increasingly, contempt, is there any wonder men are becoming fearful of female co-workers?

Above all, Sex & The Office is proof, if any were needed, that The Great Workplace Equality Project has spectacularly backfired. Who, precisely, wins if men are terrified of lawsuits and women are falling behind as a consequence?

In this toxic, paranoid environment, women will never be trusted as advisers. They will be frozen out of networks – or, increasingly, create their own women-only networks, which on the surface promise advancement yet deep down increase gender separatism. Would the single-sex workplaces of the 1940s be safer for all?

This is the bed Third Wave feminism has made. Now we all have to lie in it: wide-awake, hearts racing, eyes wide open, waiting for the lawyers to come hammering at our doors.

Is that our collective future – one called “Fear And Loathing In Human Resources?” How can we make this waking nightmare end?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    How many e-mails does a Nigerian prince have to send before he can chicken haggle for a wife?
    It doesn't matter how many he sends out, it has to do with receiving a response. Until he has proven his generously by gifting 1,00 bullion $ US to helpful americas he cannot be considered worthy of any decent bride.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345