Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where have all the good men gone?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Betcha not a one of those broads has set foot in Cliven Bundy's bunkhouse looking for a man.....
    They'd get moist for a "wanna be" bad boy.

Put them in the same room with a real outlaw, and watch them run for cover.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They'd get moist for a "wanna be" bad boy.

Put them in the same room with a real outlaw, and watch them run for cover.
    Well, they would run, but not for cover, they would run up to the first person who would listen and demand that govt do something about it all!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Well, they would run, but not for cover, they would run up to the first person who would listen and demand that govt do something about it all!
    Valid point...they'd run to a cop.

This is a smart move for any men in the workplace, especially in metrosexualized workplaces: outside of purely professional contact, ignore, with extreme prejudice, any women, make sure that you are never alone with them, or if you must be, make sure all interaction is being recorded, most all places of business now have big brother surveillance festooned all around.

Do not joke, horse around, make small talk or engage with women in the workplace in any other way.
    Catfights over handbags and tears in the toilets. When this producer launched a women-only TV company she thought she'd kissed goodbye to conflict...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...conflict-.html

By Samantha Brick

Updated: 09:36 EDT, 7 April 2009

Over in one corner sat Alice, a strong-minded 27-year-old who always said what she thought, regardless of how much it might hurt someone else. In the other corner was Sarah, a thirtysomething high-flier who would stand up for herself momentarily - then burst into tears and run for the ladies.

Their simmering fight lasted hours, egged on by spectators taking sides and fuelling the anger. Sometimes other girls would join in, either heckling aggressively or huddling defensively in the toilets. It might sound like a scene from a tawdry reality show such as Big Brother, but the truth is a little more prosaic: it was just a normal morning in my office.

The venomous women were supposedly the talented employees I had headhunted to achieve my utopian dream - a female- only company with happy, harmonious workers benefiting from an absence of men.

It was an idealistic vision swiftly shattered by the nightmare reality: constant bitchiness, surging hormones, unchecked emotion, attention-seeking and fashion rivalry so fierce it tore my staff apart.

When I read the other day that Sienna Miller had said there was no such thing as 'the Sisterhood', I knew what she meant.

I can understand why people want to believe that women look out for each other - because with men in power at work and in politics, it makes sense for us to stick together.

In fact, there was a time when I believed in the Sisterhood - but that was before women at war led to my emotional and financial ruin.

Five years ago, I was working as a TV executive producer making shows for top channels such as MTV, and based in Los Angeles. It sounds like a dream job and it could have been - if I'd been male.

Working in TV is notoriously difficult for women. There is a powerful old boys' network, robust glass ceiling and the majority of bosses are misogynistic males.

Gradually, what had started out as a daydream - wouldn't it be great if there were no men where I worked? - turned into an exciting concept. I decided to create the first all-female production company where smart, intelligent, career-orientated women could work harmoniously, free from the bravado of the opposite sex.

In hindsight, I should have learned the lessons of my past - at my mixed secondary school I was bullied by a gang of nasty, name-calling girls, so I knew only too well how nasty groups of women could become.

And working in TV, I'd met lots of super-competitive 'door-slammers' who'd do anything to get to the top. But I told myself that, with the right women, work could be wonderful.

So, in April 2005, I left my job, remortgaged my house - freeing up close to £100,000 - and began paying myself just £700 a month to set up this utopian business. Having worked extremely hard for 12 years, I had lots of experience and a good reputation. What could go wrong?

Picking my battles

I hired a team of seven staff and set up an office in Richmond upon Thames, Surrey. While the women I interviewed claimed to be enthused by the idea, they still insisted on high salaries. Fair enough, I thought at the time - they are professionals, and I knew most of them were talented and conscientious because I'd worked with them before.

But within a week, two cliques had developed: those who had worked together before and those who were producing 'new ideas'.

Most days would bring a pointed moment when some people were invited out for lunch or a coffee break - and some weren't. Nothing explicit was ever said; the cutting rejection was obvious enough.

Even when we all went to the pub after work, strict divisions remained, made clear according to who sat where around the table and who would be civil - or not - to whom.

Fashion was a great divider, though in this battlefield everyone was on their own. Hideously stereotypical and shallow as it sounds, clothes were a huge source of catty comments, from sly remarks about people looking over-dressed to the merits of their fake tan application.

I always felt sorry for anyone who naively showed off a new purchase in the office, because everyone would coo appreciatively to their face - then harshly criticise them as soon as they were out of earshot. This happened without exception.

My deputy, Sarah, the general manager, first showed how much style mattered when she advertised for an office assistant and refused to hire the best-qualified girl because she could not distinguish Missoni from Marc Jacobs. This girl would have been making tea and running errands. But I didn't challenge the decision not to hire her because I had a policy of picking my battles carefully.

The office was like a Milan catwalk, but with the competitiveness of a Miss World contest - and the low cunning of a mud-wrestling bout.

A fashion spat ended one friendship when Sarah and our young development researcher received the same surprise Christmas gift - a Chloe Paddington bag worth £900.

When they clocked the matching bags in the office, it was like pistols at dawn. They forced a few compliments, but relations never recovered, to the expense of my company.

Another time, when two members of staff bought the same jeans, one proclaimed: 'They'll look better on me, because I'm a size eight and she's a ten.'

It didn't take long for the office to become divided between the girls who wore make-up and those who didn't. Comments from the former were typically 'Doesn't she know what spot cover-up is?' or 'Has she ever met a hairbrush?', while the no-make-up clan were equally biting, with comments - behind their backs, naturally - such as 'People on the morning bus must think she's a prostitute'; or 'She looks like a slapper'.

The obsession with appearance meant nearly all the staff were on diets. If I bought a tuna mayonnaise baguette for lunch, I would overhear staff commenting that I was pig - I'm a size 12.

Two of the skinny girls often snidely said about the largest girl: 'I'd kill myself if I got that fat.' One of the assistants got her own back on the food police for several weeks by pretending to buy them fat-free lattes. . . which were really full-fat.

Employees considered it acceptable to take time off for beauty treatments - and not out of their holiday allowance. One girl regularly came in late because she was getting her hair coloured, and when I mentioned this she blew up in outrage. Though at least she had a reason; most just turned up late regardless, and huffed 'That's the time my train gets in' if I pointed at the clock.

In hindsight, I can see I should have been more strict. My idealism was my downfall because I tried to see the best in people - I was convinced they would behave as they were treated, so I treated everyone kindly.

Snide comments

If I'd have been more cynical, I would have been more successful.

I was often out trying to win contracts, but back at the office, work was an afterthought. It came second to conversations about shopping, boyfriends and diets - oh, and spiteful comments from my two development researchers, who were sharpening their acrylic nails against another staff member, Natasha.

Six months after the company's inception, tensions spilled over when one of the researchers took Natasha's laptop and refused to return it. That day I was forced to cancel my meetings and return to the office to patch up relations.

Though Sarah, my general manager, was present, she refused to get involved because she didn't want to be the 'bad cop'.

Despite being in charge, she was scared at the prospect of being bitched about - it was as though, in a women-only environment, staff were unable to keep their defined roles.

Soon, arguments became a daily occurrence. It would start with snide comments between two people then, as others joined in, emotion and anger would grow until an eruption - shouting, screaming, swearing - which always left someone in tears.

Then the friends of the woman who was upset would follow her to console her, leaving one group in the office and another group in the ladies. Both would then bitch unreservedly about each other - and do absolutely no work.

It reached the point that I even wrote a handbook for staff on how to be nice to each other. The advice centred on being respectful to everyone and treating people equally - taking phone messages properly whether the call was for me or a junior.

I also said there should be no more criticising or whispering in the office. But although when people read it they said they loved the idea, it made no difference.

Many of the women were aggressive or defensive, or both. The most aggressive masked a host of insecurities with their outgoing nature, while the defensive ones opened up only when provoked.

The worst type I encountered, however, was the 'passive aggressive-She doesn't seem mean, but is the worst of the pack, ruthlessly bringing you down in such a sweet and unassuming manner that you don't realise what she's done until long after the event.

Broken hearts

She conceals her bitchy words in flowery phrases - one of my staff told another sweetly: 'I don't mean to be a bitch, but I just can't bear to be in the same room and breathe the same air as you right now.'

But the biggest force wasn't personality type, it was hormones. When one woman started having IVF, she unleashed her rage without warning and without apology.

At 'that time of the month' - which in an office staffed only by women meant someone was always at that point - any bad mood was swiftly passed on to the rest of team as if by osmosis.

Hormones came second as an excuse for absence and bad temper only to love life problems. When one woman split up with her boyfriend, I was told in no uncertain terms by her that I must 'be super-understanding and sensitive towards her at work' - in an email she sent me. A true drama queen, her tears went on for a week.

Naturally, her enemies in the office delighted in her broken heart.

Another girl, juggling two relationships at once, frequently primed everyone in the office about what to say to whom whenever either of the men called the office.

Another woman had a voracious sexual appetite and, in a female-only environment, saw nothing wrong with screeching across the open-plan room details of her marathon sex sessions. I received frequent complaints about her crude language.

I can still remember the name of all of my staff's partners and their affairs because it interfered with our work so often.

Professionally, however, the company was somehow thriving.

We secured two programme commissions, one with ITV and a series with Living TV, so could afford new offices in West London.

But this brought another explosion from Sarah when she paid out for a parking permit while another girl was given a free space by the building's landlord.

During a massive row, Sarah said the girl had over-stepped her rank, while the girl told her it was just 'tough'. They never spoke again.

The effect a lack of testosterone was having in our office was even more apparent when I temporarily hired two male directors to work on a series (camera operators are usually men because of the heavy equipment). The team suddenly became quieter, more hard-working and less bitchy - partly because they were too busy flirting.

Two girls openly went after one director, even though he had a live-in girlfriend - his partner didn't stand a chance against their relentless flirting, and was dumped when one of them won his affections.

When we had meetings with men, staff turned ferocious, each out to prove that they were the sexiest in the room. With a male commissioner at Channel 4, one employee said 'Watch this!', then stuck her hand down her bra and tweaked her nipples. The man and I were speechless.

In this climate, I didn't dare employ any men because of the distraction and - even worse! - catfights they created. I hate how much that sounds like stereotyping, but I'm afraid it's what I found to be true.

And while I stand by my initial reason for excluding male employees - because they have an easy ride in TV - if I were to do it again, I'd definitely employ men. In fact, I'd probably employ only men.

Making close to half a million in our first year should have meant profit, but this was wiped out by high salaries and accounting errors by staff. Then, when we began having cash-flow problems, Sarah signed herself off sick with stress for a month. She also confessed she'd been dodging calls from people who were due payment, thus ruining my firm's reputation.

By then I was back and forth on a plane between Britain and the U.S. dealing with fractious staff in London and barmy LA producers.

My general manager was nowhere to be found, bills hadn't been paid and the tension in the office was palpable.

To pump extra cash into the business, I sold both my cars, but it was too late and we went bankrupt in March 2007, less than two years after I'd formed the company.

Though I will not absolve myself of all guilt, I believe the business was ruined by the destructive jealousy and in-fighting of an all female staff. Their selfishness and insecurities led to my company's demise. When I needed the so called 'Sisterhood', believe me, it just wasn't there.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-05-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Catfights over handbags and tears in the toilets. When this producer launched a women-only TV company she thought she'd kissed goodbye to conflict...
    and not a single man is surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Shocked....shocked I am...

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

But, but this can't be. I've been told that women need men like fish need bicycles!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Cue the Gomer Pyle gif.
    "The Patriarch"

14 Things You Should Know Before Dating a Feminist

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love...ng-a-feminist/

She's basically the most amazing person on the planet.

Mar 26, 2015

1. You'd better be prepared to look at the world/movies/TV shows/everything more closely than you used to. There might be a movie that you really love that you never noticed was super-crazy sexist, and you need to at least be open to hearing her explain why it is and looking at it from another perspective. I dated a guy who hated when I would do this and you will never guess how quickly I dumped him because haha no.

2. If you don't identify as a feminist already, you should figure out why that is before going for her. Do you think she should make less than you make for doing the exact same job? No? Then you're a feminist. This is not difficult, Jeremy.

3. You're not necessarily going to offend her because she's a feminist and you paid for her tea. I had a guy buy me an iced tea once and he acted like he wasn't sure whether to pat himself on the back for being such a good guy or apologize for acting like he owned me. My tea was $1.50, dude. Calm down. If you're doing a nice thing because you want to do a nice thing, I will love that. Who wouldn't?

4. Please at least know some basic women's history. See: Leslie Knope being pissed Officer Dave didn't know who Madeline Albright was or me being pissed that a guy doesn't know what riot grrrl music is.

5. "So do you hate men?" is a "joke" she has heard about 5,000 times. And if you make it, I will think you are both uncreative and kind of a dick. Like, are you serious? It's not 1962 (and let's be honest, no one thought it was funny then either.)

6. She thinks she's just as entitled to an orgasm as you are, which will make sex really fun if you're good in bed or very confusing if you're not. One time I literally sat on a hookup's bed after they'd had an orgasm and said, "I didn't come. I'm not leaving this room until I do," and I waited. Ohhhh, I waited.

7. It's fine if you hold the door for her. Just don't act totally shocked when she's equally as polite and holds it for you.

8. She will debate anyone she meets who says they aren't a feminist or expresses anti-feminist sentiments. It might be your dumb-dumb friends, it might be a random guy who said something $#@!ty at a bar we're at, but it could happen. I never pick fights with anyone, but I'm also not afraid to calmly call someone out for saying something bigoted and frankly, you shouldn't be either.

9. You'd better be aware of what male privilege is and that you have it. One time my guy friend said to me, "Oh man, male privilege sounds nice. Wish I had some of that. Haha," and I almost threw him across the room. It's real. If you're a guy, you have it. Next topic.

10. Any lingering anti-feminist beliefs you may still have can and will be challenged. And rightfully so. Ideally, you'd just take an interest in feminism on your own because everyone should, but if you're going to be dating me, I'm definitely going to call you on the bull$#@! you may knowingly or unknowingly still say from time to time. Thank her for this. She's going to save you from making a horrible rape joke in public (aka making any rape joke in public.)

11. She's happy to teach you about feminism if you're happy to learn. If you think Beyoncé can't dance in a revealing outfit and call herself a feminist, you are wrong, but I'm happy to explain to you why that is if you actually want to know. Why? Because I like you.

12. Never, ever, ever tell her about how men are discriminated against too. This isn't a competition for which gender had been treated more unfairly, but if it were, women will win every time.

13. If you seriously believe we're all equal and feminism is unnecessary, keep walking. Also, what are you even doing with your life? Clearly it is not "reading literally any news website."

14. She really, truly believes in equality for all. Feminists are the most amazing people on the planet because we believe in equality for all genders, races, sexual orientations, you name it. Seriously, would you want to date someone who believed anything less? No? Then it's good that you picked me.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-05-2017 at 07:28 PM.

15 - Don't.

1. You'd better be prepared to look at the world/movies/TV shows/everything more closely than you used to. There might be a movie that you really love that you never noticed was super-crazy sexist, and you need to at least be open to hearing her explain why it is and looking at it from another perspective. I dated a guy who hated when I would do this and you will never guess how quickly I dumped him because haha no.
    LMAO, sounds like a fun date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

No sane man, no matter how lonely or horny would ever choose to interact with a feminist let alone bed one.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love...ng-a-feminist/

She's basically the most amazing person on the planet.

Mar 26, 2015

2. If you don't identify as a feminist already, you should figure out why that is before going for her. Do you think she should make less than you make for doing the exact same job? No? Then you're a feminist. This is not difficult, Jeremy.

3. You're not necessarily going to offend her because she's a feminist and you paid for her tea. I had a guy buy me an iced tea once and he acted like he wasn't sure whether to pat himself on the back for being such a good guy or apologize for acting like he owned me. My tea was $1.50, dude. Calm down. If you're doing a nice thing because you want to do a nice thing, I will love that. Who wouldn't?

4. Please at least know some basic women's history. See: Leslie Knope being pissed Officer Dave didn't know who Madeline Albright was or me being pissed that a guy doesn't know what riot grrrl music is.

5. "So do you hate men?" is a "joke" she has heard about 5,000 times. And if you make it, I will think you are both uncreative and kind of a dick. Like, are you serious? It's not 1962 (and let's be honest, no one thought it was funny then either.)

6. She thinks she's just as entitled to an orgasm as you are, which will make sex really fun if you're good in bed or very confusing if you're not. One time I literally sat on a hookup's bed after they'd had an orgasm and said, "I didn't come. I'm not leaving this room until I do," and I waited. Ohhhh, I waited.

7. It's fine if you hold the door for her. Just don't act totally shocked when she's equally as polite and holds it for you.

8. She will debate anyone she meets who says they aren't a feminist or expresses anti-feminist sentiments. It might be your dumb-dumb friends, it might be a random guy who said something $#@!ty at a bar we're at, but it could happen. I never pick fights with anyone, but I'm also not afraid to calmly call someone out for saying something bigoted and frankly, you shouldn't be either.

9. You'd better be aware of what male privilege is and that you have it. One time my guy friend said to me, "Oh man, male privilege sounds nice. Wish I had some of that. Haha," and I almost threw him across the room. It's real. If you're a guy, you have it. Next topic.

10. Any lingering anti-feminist beliefs you may still have can and will be challenged. And rightfully so. Ideally, you'd just take an interest in feminism on your own because everyone should, but if you're going to be dating me, I'm definitely going to call you on the bull$#@! you may knowingly or unknowingly still say from time to time. Thank her for this. She's going to save you from making a horrible rape joke in public (aka making any rape joke in public.)

11. She's happy to teach you about feminism if you're happy to learn. If you think Beyoncé can't dance in a revealing outfit and call herself a feminist, you are wrong, but I'm happy to explain to you why that is if you actually want to know. Why? Because I like you.

12. Never, ever, ever tell her about how men are discriminated against too. This isn't a competition for which gender had been treated more unfairly, but if it were, women will win every time.

13. If you seriously believe we're all equal and feminism is unnecessary, keep walking. Also, what are you even doing with your life? Clearly it is not "reading literally any news website."

14. She really, truly believes in equality for all. Feminists are the most amazing people on the planet because we believe in equality for all genders, races, sexual orientations, you name it. Seriously, would you want to date someone who believed anything less? No? Then it's good that you picked me.
    I love The Onion.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

All this talk about feminism reminded me of this interview. (FWIW)

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    All this talk about feminism reminded me of this interview. (FWIW)

Good video.

Let's not forget the institution of marriage licenses as well. This, of course, places the State as head of household. It's how the school, for instance, gets away with doing what they want absent the consent of the parent.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-05-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Don't be. The 40's aint half bad.
    I heard the 40s make you all weak and droopy...preparing ya to go over teh hill...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Another one to avoid like the plague.

How many encounters with this prime example of a "modern", "fun", "empowered", $#@!ing basket case of emotional and sexual wreckage would it take for a man to say, "Umm, no, no more, Do Not Want"?

And this one has millions of clones just like her.

And then, alone and old and abandoned, wonder "where all the good men have gone?"

That's happening to this one now, while still relatively young.

I finally figured out why I always fell for the 'bad boy' unavailable types

http://www.latimes.com/style/laaffai...805-story.html

I've always had a thing for people who don’t like me. Men, especially. Like, a sexual thing for anyone who definitely isn’t interested, can’t possibly be interested, and will never be interested in me. I’ve fallen in love with practically every shiny gay man I’ve brushed up against at the Abbey, every moody open-mic comedian in Hollywood who’s cornered me into a conversation, some hot lady from my Bikram place in downtown. Best friends’ brothers, girls with girlfriends: traditionally, these have been my prime targets.

I’m not a total piece of trash. I do try to stay away from these kinds of ethically ambiguous, HR nightmare type of situations, but I definitely have a type, and my type is unavailable and uninterested. “Bad boy” probably isn’t the right word because it’s tacky and reminiscent of some kind of ’80s teen movie and also because I’m bisexual and I’ve met and fallen into horrible unrequited crushes on “bad boys” who aren’t boys.

(Umm, yeah you are. You're a miserable slag who, by own admission, will $#@! anything and anybody, as long as it causes the most hurt and drama. Enjoy your pussy and cats. - AF)

Most people I talk to about this tendency wrongly assume that because I’m an exceptionally cute bisexual living in L.A. that I should have “twice as many” romantic options to choose from and should have no problem meeting nice, good-looking people who are also interested in me.

Unfortunately, that’s not a real thing because if anything, it’s the opposite.

I’d guess that I only meet half as many people who might be interested in me because biphobia is real and most of my OKCupid messages are invitations to sad, straight three-ways that I promptly reject (but later try to swoop in to save the girlfriend. Girl: Get out!) And, in keeping with my personal tradition, I’ve always rejected people who do seem to be interested in me at least three times before they either give up or I eventually realize they’re cool but now they’re dating someone else. Like I said, it’s tradition.

L.A. is where hot and emotionally unavailable people migrate in order to mate, spawn, and multiply in abundance. They’re all unique and special in their own way, but united in their desire to “just hang out,” avoid “labels,” and not text me back.

There was the much older than me and unemployed trust-funded “playwright” I met as a fresh-out-of-USC intern at a DTLA theater company. The hot lesbian club promoter who asked me out for what I thought was a date but turned out to be a promotional “ladies night” event with 300 other ladies in a packed bar in Silver Lake. And possibly the grand queen supreme of all L.A. unavailables: the guy in a band with a small following based in the Valley. Who was also my neighbor. Don’t do that.

The thing about people who are unavailable, though, is that they’re always hot, and they’re always really, really, cool. And dating them can be fun and wacky! The minute I leave their dingy Koreatown apartment, they disappear without a trace and I never know when they’ll resurface, like magic. They’re always ready to make insane plans at 2 a.m. and invite me to a Los Angeles Lady Arm Wrestlers event which I think is like, so cool even though they know I have to get up early tomorrow.

I never know if this person actually even likes me or if they’re doing coke in the bathroom while I wait to introduce them to my friends, finally. They know where to go and who to go with and they always have cool friends or know a guy who can get us in somewhere. Oh, but they never introduce me when we go out in public together? Who cares? I’m a mess anyway and this is silly and whimsical fun.

I always had a ton of wacky stories about how I was in a weird, undefined sex thing with someone for six months and was ghosted after I asked where the relationship was going. Or how my heart was being shattered because I found myself in a poly thing that ended up being a cheating thing. I’d listened to a sad-sack self-help audiobook sitting in traffic on the 405 on the way to see my therapist, and for a while I thought I was making progress but the Botox in her forehead made it hard to tell if she was proud of me or mildly uncomfortable.

My friends had come to expect these weekly recaps of some ill-advised hookup, but it was always the same story: I was way into them, they never texted back, they never wanted to hang out in public, or they stopped talking and only resurfaced to ask for nudes. Oh well, that’s just what I do!

But then, as always, there would come a time where I would get sad. I’d always get my feelings hurt and think I was a failure because this person didn’t like me. That was the part that attracted me to them in the first place.

Chasing after people who flat-out ignored me because I thought I could make them like me was cute and fun until I started hating myself for it.

There was always a part of me that wondered why anyone would want to bother with me, anyway. After all, it was easier to focus on something or someone outside rather than at myself. I was afraid of what would happen if I actually liked someone, and if I actually liked myself, so I pushed people away who actually did like me.

I thought there was something wrong with anyone who’d like me, because I didn’t like me.

This all came to me as I was sitting with my friend at our favorite ramen spot in Silver Lake when he asked if maybe the reason I was only interested in unavailable people was because I didn’t want to be with anyone, really, because really being yourself in front of other people is scary. When you pursue unavailable people, you don’t have to talk about your feelings or fears or be yourself.

When I saw myself the way my friends and the people who love me see me — at that very moment with my cheeks stuffed with greasy noodles looking like a chipmunk wearing winged eyeliner — I saw that I actually am really cool and fun and that I should like me too.

The thing that happened when I stopped depending on other people to make me happy is that at first, it hurt. I cried in my room a lot (and still do) because L.A. is a huge city full of attractive people finding their soulmates over Naturewell green juices on Sunset every day and I don’t like feeling alone.

But then I remind myself that I’m going to be OK. I’m already OK.

Now, I’m not trying to find love or attention from anyone really other than myself. I’m learning to accept love from others, and from myself.

Liking me is so much better. And I don’t even like juice.

And as we hurtle into the future where humans will not be needed to make new humans, this is some of the wreckage left in the wake.

Enjoy your cats and Prozac ladies.

Women graduates 'desperately' freeze eggs over 'lack of men'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40504076

6 July 2017

Professional women are freezing their eggs due to a "dearth of educated men to marry", a US study has claimed.

Yale University researchers suggested an "oversupply" of graduate women left them struggling to find a partner and "desperate" to preserve fertility.

They said the "man deficit" was worse in countries where more women were going to university, as in the UK.

The researchers interviewed 150 women who had frozen eggs, of whom 90% said they could not find a suitable partner.

Author Prof Marcia Inhorn said the research challenged perceptions that women put off having a baby so they could prioritise their job.

"Extensive media coverage suggests that educational and career ambitions are the main determinants of professional women's fertility postponement, especially as they 'lean in' to their careers," she said.

"Rather, they were desperately preserving their fertility beyond the natural end of their reproductive lives, because they were single without partners to marry."
    'Buying time'

Speaking at the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology conference in Geneva, Switzerland, Prof Inhorn thought there were "not enough graduates for them".

In the majority of cases the women, who were treated at eight IVF clinics in the US and Israel and interviewed between June 2014 to August 2016, said they could not find an educated man who was willing to commit to family life.

"Women lamented the 'missing men' in their lives, viewing egg freezing as a way to buy time while on the continuing - online - search for a committed partner," Prof Inhorn said.

'Painful process'

Prof Adam Balen, president of the British Fertility Society, said that he had noticed a "big shift" in UK society, with many university-educated women delaying starting a family.

"In my clinic I certainly see more older women seeking fertility treatment than in the past," he said.

The research comes amid a sex imbalance at British universities. In the academic year 2015-2016, 56% of UK students were women and 44% men, according to the Higher Education Statistics Agency.

Prof Balen warned that freezing eggs can be a painful and costly process.

"Freezing eggs for a future pregnancy is not a decision to be taken lightly," he said.

"The technology in egg freezing has improved a great deal but it is still no guarantee of a baby later in life.

"Women choosing to 'bank' eggs until they are ready to start a family have to go through painful procedures and what can be a difficult regime of medications - this is not without potential risks to the woman undertaking the procedure."

In the UK, the number of women storing their eggs has increased substantially despite success rates remaining low.

In 2014, 816 women froze some eggs for in vitro fertilisation (IVF) later, up 25% on 2013, according to the latest figures from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), which regulates the industry.

Eggs are more fragile than embryos, and less likely to survive the freeze-thaw process. The pregnancy rate for transferring frozen embryos was 21.9% in 2013, and 22.2% in 2014.

The law allows for eggs to be frozen for up to 10 years, and in some circumstances up to 55 years.

Egg-freezing can cost several thousand pounds, with added costs for storing the eggs, while one cycle of IVF treatment may cost up to £5,000 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I heard the 40s make you all weak and droopy...preparing ya to go over teh hill...
    I suppose they could, if you have a sedentary lifestyle. I had no such problems.
    "The Patriarch"

And now, roughly 50 years after it all started, 50 years of public institutions emasculating boys, 50 years of kangaroo family courts, 50 years of government media at every level drumming home the idea that men are worthless, hopeless, useless anachronisms, 50 years of "I am woman hear me ro-ro-roar"....after all of that...

The fish have the nerve to bitch about no good bicycles to be had.

And as we hurtle into the future where humans will not be needed to make new humans, this is some of the wreckage left in the wake.

Enjoy your cats and Prozac ladies.

Women graduates 'desperately' freeze eggs over 'lack of men'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40504076

6 July 2017

Professional women are freezing their eggs due to a "dearth of educated men to marry", a US study has claimed.

Yale University researchers suggested an "oversupply" of graduate women left them struggling to find a partner and "desperate" to preserve fertility.

They said the "man deficit" was worse in countries where more women were going to university, as in the UK.

The researchers interviewed 150 women who had frozen eggs, of whom 90% said they could not find a suitable partner.

Author Prof Marcia Inhorn said the research challenged perceptions that women put off having a baby so they could prioritise their job.

"Extensive media coverage suggests that educational and career ambitions are the main determinants of professional women's fertility postponement, especially as they 'lean in' to their careers," she said.

"Rather, they were desperately preserving their fertility beyond the natural end of their reproductive lives, because they were single without partners to marry."
    'Buying time'

Speaking at the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology conference in Geneva, Switzerland, Prof Inhorn thought there were "not enough graduates for them".

In the majority of cases the women, who were treated at eight IVF clinics in the US and Israel and interviewed between June 2014 to August 2016, said they could not find an educated man who was willing to commit to family life.

"Women lamented the 'missing men' in their lives, viewing egg freezing as a way to buy time while on the continuing - online - search for a committed partner," Prof Inhorn said.

'Painful process'

Prof Adam Balen, president of the British Fertility Society, said that he had noticed a "big shift" in UK society, with many university-educated women delaying starting a family.

"In my clinic I certainly see more older women seeking fertility treatment than in the past," he said.

The research comes amid a sex imbalance at British universities. In the academic year 2015-2016, 56% of UK students were women and 44% men, according to the Higher Education Statistics Agency.

Prof Balen warned that freezing eggs can be a painful and costly process.

"Freezing eggs for a future pregnancy is not a decision to be taken lightly," he said.

"The technology in egg freezing has improved a great deal but it is still no guarantee of a baby later in life.

"Women choosing to 'bank' eggs until they are ready to start a family have to go through painful procedures and what can be a difficult regime of medications - this is not without potential risks to the woman undertaking the procedure."

In the UK, the number of women storing their eggs has increased substantially despite success rates remaining low.

In 2014, 816 women froze some eggs for in vitro fertilisation (IVF) later, up 25% on 2013, according to the latest figures from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), which regulates the industry.

Eggs are more fragile than embryos, and less likely to survive the freeze-thaw process. The pregnancy rate for transferring frozen embryos was 21.9% in 2013, and 22.2% in 2014.

The law allows for eggs to be frozen for up to 10 years, and in some circumstances up to 55 years.

Egg-freezing can cost several thousand pounds, with added costs for storing the eggs, while one cycle of IVF treatment may cost up to £5,000 or more.
    Lol, those eggs won't do them any good when they're dead.
    "The Patriarch"

From the comments on a duplicate story listed in post 108:

Feminism is already a dead woman walking. All feminism has is shaming language and the State (ironically, ultimately other men) to keep men to the feminist line.

But now, increasingly, the shaming doesn't work. And men are disengaging from society in general to avoid entanglements with the state; if you don't get married, you can't be divorced, if you don't co-habit you can't have half your stuff appropriated, if you don't have children, you can't be on the hook for child support, if you don't enter the corporate world you can't be be accused of 'harassment' and if you don't date you drastically reduce your chance of a false rape accusation.

These are genuine threat points for men in the modern world that didn't exist before feminism. It speaks to the feeble minds of feminists that they would think that men will simply carry on as they did when these threats did not exist. For the last 50 years men (mostly) still did. But that's over now.

So men are doing what they have always done: survey their environment, understand it, and behave rationally according to it. Which means, increasingly, living their lives without regard to what women want.

This does not mean living without sex, relationships or female company. Just that the investment men make in all these areas is being dramatically reduced.

As feminism reduces the value of women (in men's eyes), so men are reducing the amount of time, effort, attention and money they are willing to spend for the declining benefits modern women now bring to their lives.

But the real news is that the true cost of feminism, first born by men, and then children, is now being passed on to women. Record numbers of women are living alone, record numbers of women are childless, record numbers are on psychiatric medication, record numbers are facing a life-time of wage slavery in grinding jobs that they can never leave. And still feminism spins these outcomes as the conscious choices of these women and as 'empowering'.

And yet, women's self-reported happiness, across all classes, all races, all demographics is lower than ever since records began 50 years ago. Tellingly, for the first time ever, their happiness is also now lower than men's.

But you do not need to read 'The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness' to know this. Just talk to the increasing number of 30 and 40 year old childless spinsters one on one - not in a group - to get the REAL story. The REAL effect of feminism in the REAL world. These women don't give two hoots about feminism, they are just wondering where all the good husbands, hell, ANY decent man, went.

Mostly, disgusted with what feminism has done to women, he walked away.

For the truth is that men don't want to fight women, it goes against the core of what it means to be a man. But feminism thrust men into a fight that they neither started nor wanted. To the point that feminists are reduced to crowing about 'winning' battles that men never turned up for.

And even now, as feminism pushes and pushes and pushes to ever more absurd levels, as ever more restrictions are placed on normal masculine behavior, ever more insane definitions of 'rape', 'assault', and 'aggression' are drafted into law in increasingly desperate attempts to somehow, anyhow, cast women as perpetual victims - even now - men are still refusing to be drawn into a real battle.

That's how deeply men do not want to fight women.

The sound of the final battle between the sexes will not be heard in the streets or legislatures. It will not be televised or reported. There will be no flags hoisted or victory parades. Because it is already in progress. It is happening all around us in plain sight, for those with the eyes to see it.

And men are deploying the most devastating weapon of all - indifference. In this final battle who cares least wins.

The time has come to reap the harvest of feminism, and for women the fruit will be bitterest of all.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How Did I Become the Last Single Person in My Friend Group?

http://www.vogue.com/article/30s-and...tling-slutever

I am officially the last single person in my friend group. How did this happen? It feels like just yesterday we were being rejected from Raya, and now suddenly everyone is scouting for wedding venues upstate—except me. I’m starting to realize how different—and freakish—being single feels in your 30s. And it doesn’t help that our 30s is also the decade where we spend so much of our time and money celebrating other people’s coupledom. Because, of course I want to spend Labor Day weekend manually inflating a 6-foot blow-up penis, drinking a month’s rent worth of rosé, and pretending to be happy for Karen.

When I was younger, I took it for granted that my friends would always be available for hungover brunches and emergency threesomes. But now, seeing my friends usually means being the one single person amid a mob of couples, who treat me either like hired entertainment (“tell us a funny Tinder story, clown!”) or like their problem child. For instance, for years now my friends and I have spent summer weekends at a shared beach house on Fire Island. There are three bedrooms and one pullout couch, and suddenly this year I keep being demoted to the couch, so that the couples can have “privacy.” Excuse me, but do single people not need privacy? I get that they want to have sex on their vacation, but where am I supposed to jerk off? This is my vacation too, people! There’s no other way to look at it: I am a hashtag victim of couple privilege.

As a millennial feminist, allow me to run with this victim thing. Last week I had a new air conditioner delivered, only to realize that it was too heavy for me to carry up four flights of stairs to my apartment. So, being single, I had to hire a random man from the Internet to carry it for me. Then I had to hire a different man to install it, only to have that man explain that I’d bought an AC with the wrong voltage for my building, which meant that I had to rehire the first man to carry the AC back downstairs again. When I told this story to my mom, she responded with a sigh, “See, this is why you need a boyfriend: Air conditioners, broken toilets, a raccoon in the basement—that all becomes their problem.”

But it’s not just that being single suddenly feels alienating in your 30s. It’s also that dating itself becomes more difficult. For one, the stakes are higher. You don’t want to waste your time on someone who doesn’t feel like they could be “the one.” But simultaneously, thinking “would he make a good dad?” after knowing someone for the duration of a martini makes you feel like an insane, rom-com cliché of a woman. Not ideal.

Essentially, we are far more discriminating in our 30s than we were in our 20s, which is both a blessing and a curse. We know more about what we want and what we won’t tolerate—but to a point where almost no one is good enough. I find myself having thoughts like, “I could never date him, he wears V-necks.” Or, “He was nice, but he sleeps in a mezzanine bed.” And this perpetual dissatisfaction is especially true in New York, where inflated egos are paired with incredibly high standards and the illusion of infinite choice. That cliché of thinking “someone better might be just around the corner” is real. But I keep turning corners, and I keep meeting finance guys with high cholesterol who just discovered Williamsburg. Sigh. Sometimes I think I should’ve picked someone when I was 25 and stupid, and then just made it work.

The catch is, as we become increasingly picky, the pool of soul mates keeps getting smaller. Here’s another 30s development: Now, when I meet a cute guy, he’s often already married. Just recently, I felt like I was truly connecting with my orthodontist—I mean, he’s literally been putting his fingers in my mouth for six months—only for him to drop last week that he has a wife. I feel mislead.

This past weekend, I was commiserating about 30s singledom with my friend “Steve,” a 35-year-old TV producer who lives in Chicago. “Okay, I’m going to be really misogynistic for a minute,” Steve told me from the phone, “but I think that women—even if they are modern and feminist and independent or whatever—still feel pressure to get married and grow up in that specific, Disney-lifestyle kind of way. So the women who are my age-ish, who are still single, are kind of the $#@!ing leftovers. They’re the people who couldn’t get their $#@! together, and they’re kind of crazy—believe me, I know, because I’ve dated them all.”

While Steve acknowledges that this whole life thing is unquestionably harder for women, he says that guys also suffer through the 30s single shift. “In your 30s, everything becomes more segregated,” he mused. “Couples hang out with other couples. People with babies hang out with other people with babies. Eventually, you stop being invited to the dinner parties or on the vacations, because why would you want to be on holiday with a bunch of people who are shacking up together?” Steve sees this clan-like behavior creeping into the workplace as well. “At my age, people seem to trust you more if you’re in a relationship, because you seem more stable,” he said. “I’m a freelancer, so I’m constantly having to sell myself to new people, and now when I tell them I’m single, I just get this look that says: What happened?”

“The thing that scares me the most,” Steve went on, “is thinking about the future. I recently had a 60-year-old Uber driver who wasn’t married and had no kids, and he was like, ‘Yeah, l just Uber around, passing the time.’ Like, I don’t want to be that! I want to be surrounded by people who love me when I’m old, not making small talk with strangers, then going home to crack a can of tuna and get on Reddit. I’d rather be dead.” He paused for dramatic effect. “Maybe all the people who are biased against single people are right. Maybe there is something wrong with us.”

Like many women, I spent most of my 20s wondering if a conventional relationship and family is something that I even want. If you had asked me two years ago about having a family, I would have been like, “Eww, why would I have kids when I could devote my life to more important things, like blogging and attending mediocre sex parties?” But now I’m like: “I’m too lazy to go out. Maybe I should just start a family.” (I guess biology is real?) There comes a point at which eating steak alone at Le Bernadin and winking at strangers no longer feels exciting, and you’d rather actually connect with another human being on a level deeper than “I’m drunk and you’re in front of me.” And one thing that I definitely don’t want is to hit 35 and enter a uterus panic mode.

In 2010, Lori Gottlieb authored the polarizing bestseller Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough. The book is an account of Gottlieb’s experience as a single woman approaching her 40s. Gottlieb argues that compromises are essential components of relationships—both when we’re in them and when we’re navigating the dating world. We’ll never get everything we want, she suggests, so if having a family is important to you, at a certain point you just have to pick someone and procreate. Basically, don’t be in denial about the fact that your marital value is higher in your 20s and early 30s, and the longer you hold out for “Mr. Right,” the smaller your chances are of actually finding him—or even someone “good enough.”

Of course, that sounds unromantic and literally terrifying, but part of me appreciates the harshness of it. Similarly, I’ve recently become obsessed with clinical psychologist Dr. Jordan Peterson’s YouTube channel. One of his common sentiments (and I’m paraphrasing) is this: “Women: I know we live in a modern society where you are told to prioritize your career, and put off marriage and family until later. But the reality is, just because you’re a woke feminist with a trendy loft apartment who’s passionate about her career doesn’t mean that you’ve somehow transcended your biology. Most people—women especially—who don’t end up forming a family unit will live to regret it.” Not long ago I would have brushed this off as misogynistic, but I’m starting to wonder if that’s simply a cop-out because I’m afraid of dealing with this harsh reality.

I’m literally cringing while typing this, but I also think that a lot of people—particularly people in creative fields, whose professional lives have less predictable trajectories—see themselves as always on the brink of “making it.” Like, “Well, my career is just about to take off, after which I’ll be rich and famous, and then I’ll have access to better, hotter people.” I have been quietly thinking that to myself for 10 years now. And while I don’t think my career is going poorly, if you had asked me at 25 what I would be doing at 31, I would have said that I’d have already written a best-selling book and made a movie. And while those things are still on my to-do list, my older, more realistic self has to acknowledge that they might actually never happen. We all will likely end up being more mediocre than we thought. This magical pool of super-boyfriends might never manifest. And at this rate, if and when they do, most of them will already be married.

I suppose what I’m acknowledging here is that I’m encroaching on “leftovers” territory. However, I would argue that the leftovers are not always crazy, but often are the women who refuse to subscribe to the Disney, faux happy ending, and who therefore lead more interesting and strange lives. So maybe I will end up settling to some degree. But in the meantime, I’ll just keep eating steak alone and RSVP’ing to orgies. Oh, and I should probably freeze my eggs.

I suppose what I’m acknowledging here is that I’m encroaching on “leftovers” territory. However, I would argue that the leftovers are not always crazy, but often are the women who refuse to subscribe to the Disney, faux happy ending, and who therefore lead more interesting and strange lives. So maybe I will end up settling to some degree. But in the meantime, I’ll just keep eating steak alone and RSVP’ing to orgies. Oh, and I should probably freeze my eggs.
    And don't forget to feed the cats.
    "The Patriarch"

. Just recently, I felt like I was truly connecting with my orthodontist—I mean, he’s literally been putting his fingers in my mouth for six months—only for him to drop last week that he has a wife. I feel mislead.
    That wasn't a date, dufus. You were paying him to fix your jacked grill.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I suppose what I’m acknowledging here is that I’m encroaching on “leftovers” territory. However, I would argue that the leftovers are not always crazy, but often are the women who refuse to subscribe to the Disney, faux happy ending, and who therefore lead more interesting and strange lives.
    Oh, please. There is nothing more strange and interesting than the mind of a toddler.

When I was younger, I took it for granted that my friends would always be available for hungover brunches and emergency threesomes.

But in the meantime, I’ll just keep eating steak alone and RSVP’ing to orgies. Oh, and I should probably freeze my eggs.
    Is she just trying to make herself sound attractive and hip by referring to multiple threesomes and orgies? Or does not realize that most men don't really want to have a long term relationship and kids with a complete slut?

That's how deeply men do not want to fight women.

The sound of the final battle between the sexes will not be heard in the streets or legislatures. It will not be televised or reported. There will be no flags hoisted or victory parades. Because it is already in progress. It is happening all around us in plain sight, for those with the eyes to see it.

And men are deploying the most devastating weapon of all - indifference. In this final battle who cares least wins.

The time has come to reap the harvest of feminism, and for women the fruit will be bitterest of all.
    ^^^^^^^^ This is well written! ^^^^^^^^^

Is she just trying to make herself sound attractive and hip by referring to multiple threesomes and orgies? Or does not realize that most men don't really want to have a long term relationship and kids with a complete slut?
    And an idiot:

As a millennial feminist, allow me to run with this victim thing. Last week I had a new air conditioner delivered, only to realize that it was too heavy for me to carry up four flights of stairs to my apartment. So, being single, I had to hire a random man from the Internet to carry it for me. Then I had to hire a different man to install it, only to have that man explain that I’d bought an AC with the wrong voltage for my building, which meant that I had to rehire the first man to carry the AC back downstairs again. When I told this story to my mom, she responded with a sigh, “See, this is why you need a boyfriend: Air conditioners, broken toilets, a raccoon in the basement—that all becomes their problem.”
    "I can do anything a man can do and better, Hear me roar!"

Yah, except plug in an appliance.

It's all Tesla's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ This is well written! ^^^^^^^^^
    Imagine if they held a war and nobody showed up.

I thought these passages quite good as well.

But the real news is that the true cost of feminism, first born by men, and then children, is now being passed on to women. Record numbers of women are living alone, record numbers of women are childless, record numbers are on psychiatric medication, record numbers are facing a life-time of wage slavery in grinding jobs that they can never leave. And still feminism spins these outcomes as the conscious choices of these women and as 'empowering'.

And yet, women's self-reported happiness, across all classes, all races, all demographics is lower than ever since records began 50 years ago. Tellingly, for the first time ever, their happiness is also now lower than men's.
    And this:

But now, increasingly, the shaming doesn't work. And men are disengaging from society in general to avoid entanglements with the state; if you don't get married, you can't be divorced, if you don't co-habit you can't have half your stuff appropriated, if you don't have children, you can't be on the hook for child support, if you don't enter the corporate world you can't be be accused of 'harassment' and if you don't date you drastically reduce your chance of a false rape accusation.

These are genuine threat points for men in the modern world that didn't exist before feminism. It speaks to the feeble minds of feminists that they would think that men will simply carry on as they did when these threats did not exist. For the last 50 years men (mostly) still did. But that's over now.

So men are doing what they have always done: survey their environment, understand it, and behave rationally according to it. Which means, increasingly, living their lives without regard to what women want.
    Which is a version of "Going Galt".

A powerful combination if done together.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast