Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Death Wish Reboot] Paul Kersey Returns

Even Death Wish Gets A Reboot...

Listen for the fart at ~1:00 (its really there)

This is one rung higher than rebooting a Chuck Norris movie w/o Chuck Norris. I wonder how many Cannon Movies will get a reboot in the next couple years. Hollyweird's become so cynical with their reboots, they're now reviving Cannon movies... Death Wish is pure action shlock; you don't watch it for story ******ry, the brand, special effects, or creeping political correctness - its a man's version of eating a tub of ice cream. (I am triggered.)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You've been beaten to the punch.

That said,

Death Wish is pure action shlock; you don't watch it for story ******ry, the brand, special effects, or creeping political correctness - its a man's version of eating a tub of ice cream. (I am triggered.)
    I disagree.

The first Death Wish told a very powerful story, with actually not much gore.

It came out in a period where handguns were banned for all intents and purposes in many major cities, a national ban on handguns was perilously close to being enacted, and UK style laws against defending yourself against criminal attack by any means were being passed.

Paul Kersey: Nothing to do but cut and run, huh? What else? What about the old American social custom of self-defense? If the police don't defense us, maybe we ought to do it ourselves.

Jack Toby: We're not pioneers anymore, Dad.

Paul Kersey: What are we, Jack?

Jack Toby: What do you mean?

Paul Kersey: I mean, if we're not pioneers, what have we become? What do you call people who, when they're faced with a condition or fear, do nothing about it, they just run and hide?

Jack Toby: Civilized?

Paul Kersey: No.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-18-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Mine's about the actual movie, this is about some queef.

Its still shlock (a good thing). Death Wish was made by a bottom of the barrel company on a shoestring budget, and now its in the hands of a big Hollyweird producer. I doubt its going to translate. If anything, it's going to be pro-gun control, pro-cop bull$#@!. I bet the creeps are even sympathetic. I can hear it now, "we're not so different you and I..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Its still shlock (a good thing). Death Wish was made by a bottom of the barrel company on a shoestring budget, and now its in the hands of a big Hollyweird producer. I doubt its going to translate. If anything, it's going to be pro-gun control, pro-cop bull$#@!. I bet the creeps are even sympathetic. I can hear it now, "we're not so different you and I..."
    Oh, I see...yah, yer probably right.

The fact that the original was a low budget "outlier" was the only reason it got filmed in the first place.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a modern leftist spin in this movie.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    For you youngsters who may not know why this is an abomination.

I read the book.. before the movie.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I read the book.. before the movie.
    Wow,,
    Just read the wiki entry about the book,,

not how I remember it exactly

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, I see...yah, yer probably right.

The fact that the original was a low budget "outlier" was the only reason it got filmed in the first place.
    No doubt, and they gave 0 you-know-what's what the guilds and academies thought. They were one of the last production studios doing things like in the old, old days of film from the 20s. Better or worse.

I forget their names, the guys at Cannon, they were brothers. Had a lot of bad stuff said about them, some of it true (they would make a vertical slice, or whatever it's called, of their next movie like it was already in production, then launder cash from loans for that non-existent movie for one they had in production. Something like that... They made some legendary movies though. I'd say it was worth it

And if Death Wish was a book... yet another going in the list.

Nothing in particular.

I hate "re-boots" as a concept, especially something as iconic as "Death Wish", it shows, among other things, how bereft of new ideas HollyWeird is.
    Huh... funny, but I don't have a problem with it, provided the redux is actually better than the predecessor. In the vast majority of cases, they are not.

If anyone ever remakes Bladerunner, I will hunt them and well... you can guess the rest.

Unless a remake strives and succeeds at doing a significantly better job than its predecessors, the producers and directors should be beaten with iron bars. There are many abominations representing the failure to accomplish this goal of questionable worthiness. "The Italian Job" comes immediately to mind. There are many others.

This remake phenomenon just illustrates how bankrupt Hollywood is become.

I just about blew a gasket when I heard that there was a "Jaws" re-boot being considered, and, to make matters worse, it was going to be a politically correct re-boot, with Hooper's role a woman, and Brody's a black guy. Thankfully that got shot down.
    Here we agree 100%.

And what in hell is this horse $#@! deal with putting black people in historical roles where they never existed? Iron bars. Lots and lots of iron bars.

Like letting a 20 something Italian hipster loose with some ink pens on a Botticelli original, claiming he'll be able to make it "pop" for a new generation.
    You really know how to get the bile a'risin'.

You prick.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see a modern leftist spin in this movie.
    Notice that Eli Roth's new Paul Kersey didn't kill any minorities in the trailer? Hmmm. The original Paul Kersey would gladly dispense to all ethnicities.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The original Paul Kersey would gladly dispense to all ethnicities.
    Seemed a bit on the swarthy side in the movie,, not that it's relevant.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I had thought the movie "Falling Down" did a good job of carrying the same theme, of a man pushed too far.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12