Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Death Wish Reboot] Paul Kersey Returns

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

[Death Wish Reboot] Paul Kersey Returns

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh no...no... oh god no...make it stop.

For you youngsters who may not know why this is an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    For you youngsters who may not know why this is an abomination.
    I don't know, I rather like Bruce Willis, they could have done much worse. With that said, I've never seen the original. Its on amazon for 99cents, gonna give it a try while doing some late night work.

Well, it's riling up the same crowd of pansies and manginas it did back in 1974.

Old angry white guys blah blah blah.

Just based on the trailer, I can see that it does not realistically represent where your risk of violent crime lies in Chicago.

These guys are probably not going to $#@! with you.

These guys, not so sure...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oth/536641001/

While some fans celebrated the trailer's release, many Twitter commenters condemned the violence of the trailer, calling its tone a poor fit for America's fraught political climate.

"Fair or not, I can't think of a more tone-deaf idea in this political/social environment than white filmmakers remaking #DEATHWISH," tweeted Forbes critic Scott Mendelson.

"Pretty sure the NRA just found their next ad," wrote one Twitter user, with another calling the trailer "a grim, grave, corrosive urban horror picture."

The backlash to the backlash has already started, with voices on the rightcalling out the "Democratic meltdown over Death Wish."

See what critics are saying below. Death Wish lands in theaters on Nov. 22.

Maybe it's the marketing, but seems a strange time to give a high-five to an older angry white dude going vigilante with lots of guns.
    — Chuck Wendig (@ChuckWendig) August 3, 2017

Eli Roth's Death Wish remake is so nakedly fascist that alt-righters will have an erection before the trailer ends https://t.co/sDY5fQXR9W
    — Alan Zilberman (@alanzilberman) August 3, 2017

Angry, old white man becomes an armed vigilante against Chicago civilians. That's a dangerous message. Is Death Wish alt-right fan fiction? pic.twitter.com/7VIrMbLWXv
    — Adam Best (@adamcbest) August 3, 2017
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-03-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't know, I rather like Bruce Willis, they could have done much worse. With that said, I've never seen the original. Its on amazon for 99cents, gonna give it a try while doing some late night work.
    <facepalm>

Well, ya gotta watch it right now!

Seriously, you may find it a little dated, but keep in mind, in 1974, there was serious talk of banning all handguns at the federal level, and many locations, including NYC, had total bans, and UK style laws making it a crime to fight back against an attack.

Well, it's riling up the same crowd of pansies and manginas it did back in 1974.

Old angry white guys blah blah blah.

Just based on the trailer, I can see that it does not realistically represent where your risk of violent crime lies in Chicago.

These guys are probably not going to $#@! with you.

These guys, not so sure...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oth/536641001/

While some fans celebrated the trailer's release, many Twitter commenters condemned the violence of the trailer, calling its tone a poor fit for America's fraught political climate.

"Fair or not, I can't think of a more tone-deaf idea in this political/social environment than white filmmakers remaking #DEATHWISH," tweeted Forbes critic Scott Mendelson.

"Pretty sure the NRA just found their next ad," wrote one Twitter user, with another calling the trailer "a grim, grave, corrosive urban horror picture."

The backlash to the backlash has already started, with voices on the rightcalling out the "Democratic meltdown over Death Wish."

See what critics are saying below. Death Wish lands in theaters on Nov. 22.

Maybe it's the marketing, but seems a strange time to give a high-five to an older angry white dude going vigilante with lots of guns.
    — Chuck Wendig (@ChuckWendig) August 3, 2017

Eli Roth's Death Wish remake is so nakedly fascist that alt-righters will have an erection before the trailer ends https://t.co/sDY5fQXR9W
    — Alan Zilberman (@alanzilberman) August 3, 2017

Angry, old white man becomes an armed vigilante against Chicago civilians. That's a dangerous message. Is Death Wish alt-right fan fiction? pic.twitter.com/7VIrMbLWXv
    — Adam Best (@adamcbest) August 3, 2017
    Well if you are only 20 and poop your pants so much it makes them fall down I guess you want to cover your face .
    Do something Danke

<facepalm>
    Well, ya gotta watch it right now!

Seriously, you may find it a little dated, but keep in mind, in 1974, there was serious talk of banning all handguns at the federal level, and many locations, including NYC, had total bans, and UK style laws making it a crime to fight back against an attack.
    ok, I did and it was good. so what are your concerns about the remake? generally I don't like remakes but I do like bruce willis. Think he'll play the character as too much of a cocky badass?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    ok, I did and it was good. so what are your concerns about the remake? generally I don't like remakes but I do like bruce willis. Think he'll play the character as too much of a cocky badass?
    Nothing in particular.

I hate "re-boots" as a concept, especially something as iconic as "Death Wish", it shows, among other things, how bereft of new ideas HollyWeird is.

Or even worse, when it's a re-boot of some obscure film, and passed off as "new", like last year's "Going in Style".

I just about blew a gasket when I heard that there was a "Jaws" re-boot being considered, and, to make matters worse, it was going to be a politically correct re-boot, with Hooper's role a woman, and Brody's a black guy. Thankfully that got shot down.

Like letting a 20 something Italian hipster loose with some ink pens on a Botticelli original, claiming he'll be able to make it "pop" for a new generation.

The trailer was so long and comprehensive that I no longer need to go see the movie.

Death Wish (New Movie) Bruce Willis Labeled as Racist (Surprise!)

I loved the original Death Wish and can't wait to see this one.

I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone threw the race card.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alt-right.html

'The most tone deaf film of the year': Bruce Willis remake of Death Wish labeled 'racist and 'alt-right inspired' after dark trailer for vigilante revenge movie is released
    •Bruce Willis plays Paul Kersey, motivated into violent vigilantism after his wife is killed and daughter raped in a brutal burglary
    •The trailer released Thursday has critics outraged calling it 'racist' and 'alt-right'
    •Social media commentators and movie critics alike called the movie out
    The new Bruce Willis trailer for the remake of the 1974 flick, Death Wish, has been released and people are outraged over the violent vigilantism and rampant gun use.

The ultra dark and hyper-violent tone of the trailer has Willis' character Paul Kersey, whose family is shattered when his wife killed and his daughter viciously raped and paralyzed after a home burglary.

He takes his revenge to the streets with an enormous arsenal of weapons. Movie critics and social media users commented on the tone deaf film. 'Pretty sure the NRA just found their next ad,' wrote one Twitter user.

'Death Wish shouldn't promote such behavior. In real life, a delusional racist with a gun might believe they're a heroic vigilante.' said another user.
    more at link

Last edited by jllundqu; 08-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I might actually pay to watch that one....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I might actually pay to watch that one....
    I'm gonna watch it just to piss off the SJWs and racebaiters. White man in Chicago killing thugs?? It's gonna be epic!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

'"Death Wish shouldn't promote such behavior. In real life, a delusional racist with a gun might believe they're a heroic vigilante." said another [Twitter] user.
    Movies shouldn't portray such behavior - because in real real life, delusional race-hucksters with Twitter accounts might believe they're competent film critics.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

merge bump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Movies shouldn't portray such behavior - because in real real life, delusional race-hucksters with Twitter accounts might believe they're competent film critics.
    That's some funny $#@! right there.

Nothing in particular.

I hate "re-boots" as a concept, especially something as iconic as "Death Wish", it shows, among other things, how bereft of new ideas HollyWeird is.

Or even worse, when it's a re-boot of some obscure film, and passed off as "new", like last year's "Going in Style".

I just about blew a gasket when I heard that there was a "Jaws" re-boot being considered, and, to make matters worse, it was going to be a politically correct re-boot, with Hooper's role a woman, and Brody's a black guy. Thankfully that got shot down.

Like letting a 20 something Italian hipster loose with some ink pens on a Botticelli original, claiming he'll be able to make it "pop" for a new generation.
    AF it's not a "re-boot." It's a "Re-Imagining." Like what is being done with History.

Hollywood is monetarily and creatively bankrupt. SMH
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My personal view... $#@! a bunch of "Re-Imagining."

There are plenty of new tales to tell.

I've got a script in the works that pits a ranching, All-American family, against an authoritarian government. They live in a state in which a Federal Government owns 81% of the land within their borders. It's almost like they own more than the state.

Let's produce this script Hollywood. LOLOL.

The recent remake/reboot/reimagining/rewhatthefuckever of The Magnificent Seven is a perfect case in point.

Except for Hollywood denizens (studios, screenwriters, directors, actors, etc.) making easy bank on the work of their betters, it's hard to imagine a more useless use of celluloid (or pixels, as the case may be).

ETA: And yes, I am aware that the "original" The Magnificent Seven was actually a "reimagining" of Akira Kurowawa's Seven Samurai. If you're gonna do it, THAT is how it oughta be done ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-04-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Isn't this now a marketing gimmick to create some racial controversy and thus free advertising for your product?

Good grief!

'I'm expecting rows': Hollywood screenwriter defends using the N-word in new film adaptation of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...se-n-word.html

The screenwriter Jonathan Feldman defended the use of the obscene word, but told The Times: 'Of course it is controversial and I’m expecting rows.'

Huckleberry Finn tells the tale of Huck, who lives near the Mississippi River.
    The web of characters also include his alcoholic father, who gets Huck to extort money to fuel his addiction, his best friend Tom Sawyer, Miss Watson, who lives with Huck's adopted family and her slave Jim, who Huck forms a close bond with.
    Shock factor: The highly offensive word was repeatedly used in the Mark Twain tome, which was published in 1884 (pictured Mickey Rooney in 1939's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn) +5
    Shock factor: The highly offensive word was repeatedly used in the Mark Twain tome, which was published in 1884 (pictured Mickey Rooney in 1939's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
    The book has been criticised for its frequent use of the offensive word and for perceived racial slurs, and the portrayal of Jim.
    It has been banned in some American schools and libraries for its language
    Donald Rosenfeld, a former president of Merchant Ivory Productions who has worked on Howards End and The Remains of the Day, said the word needed to be included as the previous films aimed at children had been unable to 'properly honour' the book.
    Backing: Donald Rosenfeld, a former president of Merchant Ivory Productions who has worked on Howards End and The Remains of the Day, said the word needed to be included as the previous films aimed at children had been unable to 'properly honour' the book +5
    Backing: Donald Rosenfeld, a former president of Merchant Ivory Productions who has worked on Howards End and The Remains of the Day, said the word needed to be included as the previous films aimed at children had been unable to 'properly honour' the book

He told the paper: 'But in our version (aimed at adults) you need the word which Twain himself used in the context of the times.'
    Previous film adaptations have seen Elijah Wood and Mickey Rooney play the cheeky drifter.
    But writer Bonnie Greer disagreed with the use of the term, saying it shifted the focus of the film: 'Using the n-word now assumes we don’t know this word was used to refer to Jim. So it’s not only redundant but causes the film to put a weight on the story that Twain didn’t intend.'

The "N" word.

Like we're a bunch of five year olds.

The name of the character is Ni-gger Jim.

$#@! off.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The "N" word.

Like we're a bunch of five year olds.

The name of the character is Ni-gger Jim.

$#@! off.
    But they repeated "highly offensive" over and over just to make sure you understood their position on the use of a word....

All 13 minutes and 34 seconds of it. It's like that Iron Butterfly song.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Isn't this now a marketing gimmick to create some racial controversy and thus free advertising for your product?
    Guerilla marketing plus the movie is going to be released at the right time and in the right environment. The movie would virtually sell it self, no overt marketing needed

Racist? The guy who raped his wife was... white..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

i wouldnt make it in Hollyweird..I would say so what, screw you...and I'm part injun.

Shock factor: The highly offensive word was repeatedly used in the Mark Twain tome, which was published in 1884 (pictured Mickey Rooney in 1939's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
    The book has been criticised for its frequent use of the offensive word and for perceived racial slurs, and the portrayal of Jim.
    It has been banned in some American schools and libraries for its language.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast