Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Social Justice Is a Christian Tradition — Not a Liberal Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    ^ Yep. Also Matthew 6:6

6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
    Prayer is a whole different subject. ~hugs~Keep in mind the context of Matthew 6:6 too.Jesus is telling his audience about the importance of being sincere instead of an actor(the original meaning of "hypocrite", and how it was used in this chapter) before people in the synagogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Does it say not to? Does the Bible teach that we should not go to a priest and confess our sins? His this tradition contradicted anything in the Bible?

The same with the sacrament of Holy Unction. We see the beginnings of this mystery described in the New Testament writings. Its final form and prayers and liturgical structure blossomed as many God-inspired traditions have through time. Does this contradict anything in the Bible? Of course not. Rather, it helps do what the Church is supposed to do, which is be a place for spiritual healing, a spiritual hospital.

The traditions of the Church, like the Scriptures, are a product of the Holy Spirit working within the Church. Of course, some of these traditions are merely cultural, and simply add beauty and depth to the life in Christ. Others, however, are extremely important and beneficial to the spiritual and physical health and well-being of the struggling Christian. And it is by God's love and mercy whereby these God-inspired traditions have arisen, for the sake of the members of the body.
    I already posted it--Jesus is the only man one has to go to, to confess their sins. No other mortal man can absolve us of our sins.

John 14:6
    6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Have you ever thought for one moment that Satan's game plan was to infiltrate the churches to deceive men, women and children?

Revelations 2 and 3 speaks volumes. Jesus was pleased with two churches out of the seven; Smyrna and Philadelphia.

This is why 2 Timothy 2:15 is so important.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am not finding any scripture instructing us to go to a man to be absolved of our sins?
    That one-letter word is the difference.

You do practice a tradition, Donna. Your tradition is to spend your life adrift, hoping, probably praying, for discernment to be granted to you and you alone.
    That most certainly is not prescribed by Scripture. Quite the opposite - Scripture again and again refers to the Church as a thing.
    Yet here you are, practicing your unScriptural tradition.

We aren't doing anything fundamentally different. We do practice a tradition. But it is a tradition based on the concrete. We are not adrift.
    I don't ponder what *I* have to think about something. In fact, if I do that, my "I'm probably sinning" sensor starts chirping.
    I have a body of work by people who were not only inspired by the Holy Spirit, but are universally recognized by others of the faith as having been so.

Who am I? Some jerk computer programmer? What am I compared to the thousands who literally gave up everything to follow Christ - and those are only the ones we have records of!

When we say the Holy Spirit continues to shepherd and nourish His Church, we aren't just saying stuff. We also aren't telling you something we haven't witnessed. We aren't talking about the protestant "also-ran" member of the Trinity. We're talking about the person of God who is coequal in majesty with the Father and Christ.

We are talking about God on Earth, keeping His people in His Church.

He - the Holy Spirit - is the source of our Tradition.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Satan most certainly can hear our thoughts and our mental prayers to God, and he is always at work to stop the Christian from praying (which he often succeeds in doing)
    Satan is not omnipresent. Satan can hear us when we pray aloud but not when we silently pray.

1 Kings 8:39 (KJV)
    39 Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men

Psalm 139:4 (KJV)
    4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

John 2:25 (KJV)
    25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Matthew 9:4 (KJV)
    4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

John 6:64(KJV)
    64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Jesus also gave us power over Satan so long as you believe in Him.

Luke 10:19 (KJV)
    19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Have you ever thought for one moment that Satan's game plan was to infiltrate the churches to deceive men, women and children?

Revelations 2 and 3 speaks volumes. Jesus was pleased with two churches out of the seven; Smyrna and Philadelphia.
    I would rep you for this one, but I'm all out.

To me it is clear that is exactly what happened.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

You do practice a tradition, Donna. Your tradition is to spend your life adrift, hoping, probably praying, for discernment to be granted to you and you alone.
    That most certainly is not prescribed by Scripture. Quite the opposite - Scripture again and again refers to the Church as a thing.

We aren't doing anything fundamentally different. We do practice a tradition. But it is a tradition based on the concrete. We are not adrift.
    I don't ponder what *I* have to think about something. In fact, if I do that, my "I'm probably sinning" sensor starts chirping.
    I have a body of work by people who were not only inspired by the Holy Spirit, but are universally recognized by others of the faith as having been so.

Who am I? Some jerk computer programmer? What am I compared to the thousands who literally gave up everything to follow Christ - and those are only the ones we have records of!

When we say the Holy Spirit continues to shepherd and nourish His Church, we aren't just saying stuff. We also aren't telling you something we haven't witnessed. We aren't talking about the protestant "also-ran" member of the Trinity. We're talking about the person of God who is coequal in majesty with the Father and Christ.

Wow, it blows me away that people are totally affixed on the word, Tradition. I am not debating the word "Traditions" per se. I am speaking about men making up traditions and not following the word of God.

The trees God made, but do I worship the Tree? No. I can make a tradition of tree worshiping but that is not biblical even though trees are spoken of in the Bible in many scriptures.

Traditions of men that make void the word of God. It's a deceptive practice and Satan loves every minute of it. Nevertheless, I read the back of the Book, he loses. I just hope he doesn't take a lot of my brethren with him.

Satan is not omnipresent. Satan can hear us when we pray aloud but not when we silently pray.
    Exactly. I'm not sure what he was basing that on, about satan being able to hear our thoughts and mental prayers. The enemy may be clever in regard to observing people and "reading" our weaknesses.... But that is very different than having the ability to hear our thoughts and inner prayers.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Exactly. I'm not sure what he was basing that on, about satan being able to hear our thoughts and mental prayers. The enemy may be clever in regard to observing people and "reading" our weaknesses.... But that is very different than having the ability to hear our thoughts and inner prayers.
    Indeed. That is why no one can stop us from praying or talking to God. God will never leave us, nor will he forsake us.

Deuteronomy 31:8 - And the LORD, he [it is] that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:5 - [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 28:20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

+rep Winnar!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    +rep Winnar!
    lol. Wishful thinking is wishful.

lol. Wishful thinking is wishful.

Hint: for something to be wishful thinking it must be significantly or entirely false. The post I quoted is entirely true.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-04-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post

Hint: for something to be wishful thinking it must be significantly or entirely false. The post I quoted is entirely true.

I was just mocking your response earlier in this thread.

Mark 7:8
    For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bible and tradition both teach that our convictions are not to be based upon human wisdom but upon the power of God and His spirit which He gives to those who obey Him! The problem is not that human (carnal) wisdom is always wrong but that human wisdom is clearly fallible and is not a sufficient foundation for believing anything about God. Hence our doctrinal convictions should not be based upon human wisdom. The apostle Paul warned against such and we see that he knew this because of the written word of God.

1Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. ... 1Co 3:18 ¶ Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. We will endeavor to build 'line upon line' to show the truth of the matter, to build you up in the Word, and to strengthen you in Christ.

Tradition

Tradition is mentioned in the bible and its seen in two very different contexts. The two forms of tradition illustrated in the bible consist of :

1.) The traditions of men - which nullify scriptures or are not supported by the holy writ.

2.) The traditions from God which are in accord with, and recorded in, scripture.

Let us take a look at the word translated into the English bible as "tradition."

Strong's # 3862 paradosis: par-ad'-os-is from 3860; transmission, i.e. (concretely) a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

Notice that the greek word "paradosis" may also be translated as "ordinances", "precept ", or "law" rather than "tradition". Also we acknowledge the absence of any indication that this automatically means "oral" transmission of a precept and determine rightly that this may also include "written" transfer of tradition or law as well.

Tradition of Men

The scriptures hold warnings against any traditions, customs, precepts, or laws that are in opposition to, contradictory to, that nullify (or do away with) God's commands as written in the scriptural record. These customs, rituals, practices are inventions and traditions of men -- alone, apart from God. We must be cautious of the emptiness of the traditions of men passed down through time ... even those from our own forefathers or elders.

1 Peter 1:18-19, "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:"

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Matthew 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Scripture therefore determines whether tradition is acceptable.

Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

We see that Jesus and His early disciples warned strongly against any tradition or law that caused any transgression or nullification of God's laws.

Tradition of God

This truth is further supported in the scripture and we can see in 2Thessalonians 3:6 ¶ Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance] which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

Now the "traditions" of the apostles was what? Why the same tradition they learned from both the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ [Y'shua Messiah], of course! Are the ways of God outlined in the Old Testament? Are they not adhered to, and even expounded upon, by Jesus in the New Testament? Yes, of course they are.

We show you that the apostles taught these precepts both verbally and written, as any good preacher would do today, speaking of a scripture(s) (or a precept outlined in scripture) and then expounding upon it. The scripture is what gave credence to the speaker. The spoken words had to be in accord with the scripture or the person was not to be listened to. We see that Paul taught these precepts verbally and by written letters of faith (epistle). We also take note that both forms of transmission carried the same data!

2Thessalonians 2:13 ¶ But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance]which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

There weren't scriptural rules and then also different rules transmitted orally. These were the same precepts taught by either method to some individuals - and both to others. One did not supercede or contradict the other. One did not contain information that the other didn't. Paul wrote that they should obey the 'paradosis' whether you heard it, or read it, or heard it read. God's word is true whether spoken or written. Thanks be to Him that the spoken words of God that we needed to know, along with the spoken words of the prophets, were written down into the scrolls that would later comprise the Old Testament. Thanks also to Him for the spoken words of Jesus and the apostles that also were preserved in written form.

1Corinthians 11:1 ¶ Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances [paradosis i.e. tradition], as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    http://www.truthontheweb.org/sola.htm

Scripture therefore determines whether tradition is acceptable.

Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

We see that Jesus and His early disciples warned strongly against any tradition or law that caused any transgression or nullification of God's laws.
    This doesn't even make any sense. Assuming we're talking about synoptic Gospel scripture, this didn't even exist until ~30 AD (Mark. The rest were written later). It was all oral tradition prior. You literally owe the entire existence of the Gospels to the Church and her Tradition. y/w If you want to be a Sola Scripturist, scripture lawyer, scripture purist, etc you're stuck in the framework of some tradition or another.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-05-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Of course, which is why he is a hero and an imitator of Christ!
    By this logic one might argue that Jesus was imitating the selfless acts of the men that came before him. Also, similar deeds do not necessarily imply imitation. When I eat it is not an act of imitation of others eating.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-05-2017 at 02:39 PM.

//
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 08-08-2017 at 04:34 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Right, but Yahweh is not the Almighty God, and certainly not the god of Jesus, Abraham or Noah.Yahweh was and still is a brutal god of war that was one of the Canaanite gods, and it was Yahweh that made a Deal in the Desert many moons ago.https://www.google.com/search?q=yahw...hrome&ie=UTF-8Who has financed all the major wars that we know about? That's right. Big Banksters.And the Big Banksters overwhelmingly claim to be? That's right, descendants of the Israelites.I'm not saying that all Jews worship the brutal god of war - not at all.But the Big Banksters that finance wars certainly do. Plain as the nose on your face.I think the Deal in the Desert began with Jacob's all-night wrestling match but that might be just me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfEBupAeo4
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123