Thread: Starting a water fast today

Starting a water fast today

I don't know how long. Maybe days hopefully weeks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds awful . Have fun .
    Do something Danke

Can you put alcohol in it?
    "The Patriarch"

Good luck... let us know how it goes.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

48 hours feeling fine.

May I ask why?
    What is your goal?
    -Weight loss? Spiritual?

WTH is a 'water fast'....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    WTH is a 'water fast'....
    A true water fast is when someone doesn't take in any food or drink except water.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Goal is eating attitude adjustment. Conquer the dreaded food. Cleanse and detox the body.

I was at a much better weight a year ago. Carbohydrates are my enemy.

My goal is to eat to live not live to eat.

Fasting can motivate and provide immense confidence.

After fasting for an extended period it is easy to control food intake.

I am swearing off Pizza, cereals, canned soups, crackers, bread, ice cream, cakes, all that prepared processed crap for good. Those foods are bad for me. I am pretty much tired of eating out. If I do eat out in the future I will be very cautious of what I consume. I like Mexican food. Going to a restaurant and eating a basket of chips and then a burrito is not good for me. I can have delicious low carb Mexican at home.

I don't think it is all about low carb, but I know that low carb will shed the weight. Less weight = more energy. Sugars for me will come in the form of an occasional piece of fruit or from vegetables.

I will conquer the attitude of sitting down and wiping out a box of cereal. Portion size is important but I know some foods for me are trigger foods that cause me trouble. Yes everything in moderation but I cannot have ice cream in moderation. I don't even really like sweets but once I have one I eat more than I should.

So I will fast for days, weeks , or maybe even a month and once I break the fast, I will eat to live and never eat processed food again. I will pay attention to the amount of food I consume.

This time of year on a hot day I can or would easily eat a half of a watermelon after dinner. Is watermelon a wise food to eat? So much sugar and all water.

During the fast and over the next few weeks I will identify delicious nutritious food that I like to eat that gives the most satisfaction.

If you mix in organic fresh squeezed lemon juice and cayenne pepper you can do the lemonade fast, it's pretty healthy. If you add in grade B maple syrup you can even get some calories and nutrients.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Fasting can slow your metabolism and make it easier to gain weight afterwards.

Wouldn't fast longer than 3-5 days without supervision... After your initial fast, you may find value in weekly one day fasts or even 12 hours (skip dinner and the following b-fast) can give the digestion a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fasting can slow your metabolism and make it easier to gain weight afterwards.
    Thank you, 1997.

7 Ways Fasting Can Rev Up Your Fat Burning Furnace

http://jasonferruggia.com/7-ways-fas...rning-furnace/

Intermittent Fasting Is Highly Effective for Weight Loss

http://www.healthline.com/nutrition/...ing-metabolism

7 Ways That Intermittent Fasting Boosts Your Metabolism to Burn Fat

http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...m-to-burn-fat/
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    48 hours feeling fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    Wouldn't fast longer than 3-5 days without supervision... After your initial fast, you may find value in weekly one day fasts or even 12 hours (skip dinner and the following b-fast) can give the digestion a rest.
    ... sounding like you make it to the 3-5 day mark ok... then maybe start taking in some nutrients, even if only in supplement form(?).

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Pretty near the 72 hour mark now. Feeling fine. No hunger. Worked pretty hard today physically. No lightheadedness. Not going to stop while going so well. Fasted once a few years ago for more than 3 weeks but I had homemade strained carrot juice.

Sounds like you are doing quite well. For many the first day or two are the hardest to get past, usually due to the strong habit of 3 meals/day... Just ease back in slowly when you decide to break the fast. I would think you would having detox symptoms at this point, but maybe you lead a clean life for the most part.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Thank you, 1997.

7 Ways Fasting Can Rev Up Your Fat Burning Furnace

http://jasonferruggia.com/7-ways-fas...rning-furnace/

Intermittent Fasting Is Highly Effective for Weight Loss

http://www.healthline.com/nutrition/...ing-metabolism

7 Ways That Intermittent Fasting Boosts Your Metabolism to Burn Fat

http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...m-to-burn-fat/
    One day fasting. From your links in order of posting:

Short term fasting (12-72hrs)
    There are a few different ways to try intermittent fasting. Some people follow the 5:2 diet, which involves fasting for two days a week. Others practice alternate-day fasting or the 16/8 method.
    intermittent 24-hour fasts
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-03-2017 at 04:49 PM.

I don't know how long. Maybe days hopefully weeks.
    Unless you've done a thorough cleanse do not go over 3 days, MAX. Fasts are fantastic but they bring out all the toxins in your body and which can kill you, if not done a little at a time.
    There is no spoon.

Ended the fast last night after 75 hours or so.
    My wife had some chicken she wanted to cook. She was afraid it would spoil if she didn't cook it.
    I made a spinach salad with some grape tomatoes and chicken. Topped it with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sure was delicious. This morning had some sausage and scrambled eggs with a little onion and pepper and cheese.
    Everything has been small portions.

Ended the fast last night after 75 hours or so.
    My wife had some chicken she wanted to cook. She was afraid it would spoil if she didn't cook it.
    I made a spinach salad with some grape tomatoes and chicken. Topped it with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sure was delicious. This morning had some sausage and scrambled eggs with a little onion and pepper and cheese.
    Everything has been small portions.
    Sounds yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Unless you've done a thorough cleanse do not go over 3 days, MAX. Fasts are fantastic but they bring out all the toxins in your body and which can kill you, if not done a little at a time.
    That is completely true. I've gotten a little corpulent the last few years sitting at a computer all day long. A couple of months ago I started intermittent fasting. I have lost about 17 pounds doing it.

I didn't even do an extended water fast. I just did one day on, one day off. About the 4th fasting day, I got the chills when it was 85 degrees out. I had to take an extended hot shower, put winter clothes on and blankets on. I felt like like my body was melting down like a nuclear reactor. My heart was racing and i was seriously considering going to the hospital. I have struck with it and it is absolutely amazing, but I would definitely be careful.

I am contemplating a breakfast only meal plan for awhile. It seems like I would be fasting nearly 24 hours everyday and I would not be eating before relaxing. Today I only had breakfast. I was expecting my wife home earlier but she got home real late. No need to eat now. Not very hungry. Can certainly go until morning.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If you mix in organic fresh squeezed lemon juice and cayenne pepper you can do the lemonade fast, it's pretty healthy. If you add in grade B maple syrup you can even get some calories and nutrients.
    Have you done this?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you done this?
    I did it for 5 or 6 days a long time ago, I know a lot of people who have done it or do it semi-regularly. It's called the lemonade diet, I call it spicy lemonade.

It is cleansing, and apparently it gets rid of any gall stones you might have.