Thread: Israel Anti-Boycott Act - An Attack On Free Speech?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Israel Anti-Boycott Act - An Attack On Free Speech?

Israel Anti-Boycott Act - An Attack On Free Speech?

House Members and Senators have rushed to co-sponsor a bill that would make boycotting Israel a felony, punishable by up to a million dollar fine and 20 years in prison. Faced with the fact that such a bill is clearly an attack on the First Amendment, some are now claiming that they didn't know what the bill was about when they sponsored it. What's going on here?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

some are now claiming that they didn't know what the bill was about when they sponsored it. What's going on here?
    They're lying.

@2:38 in the video, Dr Paul points out that "in spite of the negative publicity, two additional senators have signed on."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They're lying.

@2:38 in the video, Dr Paul points out that "in spite of the negative publicity, two additional senators have signed on."
    And if you didn't know what was in the bill, then why sign your name on to it? that is no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And if you didn't know what was in the bill, then why sign your name on to it? that is no excuse.
    The first time I ever heard Ron Paul was when he was speaking about how no one had read the Patriot Act before signing it- seems to be part of being a politician.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They're lying.

Tillis and Cotton. They (at a minimum Cotton) probably got the call from Bill Kristol. "Hey, we have some heat on this one. You are going to have to take the hit and join in on it."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.