Thread: Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort applies for 70 foreign worker visas during 'Made in America' week

Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort applies for 70 foreign worker visas during 'Made in America' week

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7853436.html

The 'Winter White House' claims it could find no Americans to fill non-agricultural seasonal jobs

Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida has applied for 70 visas for seasonal, foreign workers during what the White House billed as "Made in America" week.

The golf club, for which memberships cost upwards of $250,000 a year, has been referred to as the "Winter White House" by the President who was spending nearly every weekend there early on in his term.

Recently, the Department of Homeland Security announced that it would expand the foreign visa worker programme to include an additional 15,000 visas on top of the quota of 66,000 for 2017.

The visas are meant for non-agricultural jobs in construction and the catch-all term: tourism.

The company is seeking 35 waiters and waitresses at Mar-a-Lago along with 20 cooks and 15 maids. A listing is also posted for six cooks at the Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida.

The jobs pay anywhere from $10.33 to $20.01 per hour. They run from Oct. 1 to May 31.

Between 2013 and 2015, his Mar-a-Lago property in Florida employed 246 workers on the H-2B visa. Since 2000, Mr Trump received 1,024 H-2B visas for his businesses for waiters, kitchen, and housekeeping staff, according to a CNN report.

In the past, the US leader claimed he had to hire foreign workers for Mar-a-Lago because American workers were not available during busy tourist seasons in Florida.
    The news comes during a week created by the White House to dedicated to American manufacturers, "the builders, to the ranchers, to the crafters, and to all those who work every day to make America great."
    The Secret Service has not commented as yet what having seasonal foreign workers will mean in terms of vetting and security procedures should the President travel to Mar-a-Lago during their employment periods.
    More at link
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-29-2017 at 05:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It may be because there were no American applicants who passed the drug and background checks.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Banned

Blog Entries
    70 foreign worker visas
    You mean legal immigrants?

well I'm sure now that this has made the news, there will be a horde of eligible applicants showing up to apply for those jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    well I'm sure now that this has made the news, there will be a horde of eligible applicants showing up to apply for those jobs?
    Yah , doubtful , how many cooks need a 8 month a yr job .
    Do something Danke

Indeed. The hospitality industry can be very upwardly mobile. Seaeonal jobs are a foot in the door.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Indeed. The hospitality industry can be very upwardly mobile. Seaeonal jobs are a foot in the door.
    The sky is the limit.

i'm always a bit stunned to find Trump supporters here
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    I much prefer the Losers'R'Us crowd.
    Last edited by timosman; 07-30-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yah , doubtful , how many cooks need a 8 month a yr job .
    The guy likes his steaks well done. Don't need much skill as a cook for cooking all the flavor out of it
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    Its been a rough couple years. Nice to see you though!!!

good lord, dont tell me the chocolate cake isnt made by a Murican?