Thread: Rand blocks NDAA, the defense spending bill. (Haha! FU McCain!)

Rand blocks NDAA, the defense spending bill. (Haha! FU McCain!)

Ha!Ha! Ha! This must've pissed McCain off royally! (Your days are numbered McCain! )

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/34...ense-bill-vote

Paul blocks McConnell from setting up defense bill vote

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) blocked Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) request early Friday morning for the chamber to advance the annual defense funding bill.

McConnell made the request in the immediate aftermath of the Senate's shocking rejection of a scaled-back bill to repeal parts of ObamaCare, asking for unanimous consent to proceed to the defense legislation.

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, who rejected Sen. John McCain's request on Thursday to pause the healthcare debate and move on to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), said after the healthcare vote that he would let the bill move forward.

But Paul, who has been among the Senate's most vocal ObamaCare critics, voiced an objection to McConnell's request without explaining why, stalling proceedings on the NDAA, which is typically one of the least controversial spending bills.

Instead, the Senate will take up judicial nominations when lawmakers meet on Monday.

"Senator Rand Paul requested two bipartisan amendments, one on ending indefinite detention and one on AUMFs," said Paul communications director Sergio Gor, referring to authorizations for the use of military force.

"He looks forward to working with leadership and the committee to get this done soon."

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/34...ense-bill-vote
    Hope Rand keeps doing things that aggravate McCain!

UPDATE! More laffs!

GOP Sen. John McCain criticized GOP Sen. Rand Paul for blocking the annual defense budget bill from moving forward for a quick vote Friday, as now McCain is expected to leave for cancer treatment Monday.

Although the National Defense Authorization Act was a key item on the agenda for McCain, Paul stepped in to block the bill by requesting two amendments be added to the legislation, namely one on prohibiting indefinite detention and one on the authorization of the use of military force to fight the Islamic State.

McCain’s frustration with Paul stems from his desire to pass the NDAA as soon as possible, mostly because he leaves to Arizona on Monday to begin cancer treatment, according to sources who spoke with CNN. As CNN noted, the fact that McCain is leaving Monday helps to explain why GOP Sen. Mitch McConnell would let the NDAA vote occur in the midst of a heated debated on health care reform.

“For 55 years in a row, Congress has passed the National Defense Authorization Act, which provides our men and women in uniform with the resources, capabilities, and pay and benefits that they need to perform their missions on behalf of the American people and keep our country safe,” McCain, chairman of the Senate Committee on Armed Services, said in a statement. “This legislation is more vital than ever.”

“The highest responsibility of every member of Congress is to do what they think is right for the nation. It is unfortunate that one senator chose to block consideration of a bill our nation needs right now, the National Defense Authorization Act,” McCain added. “...blah, blah, blah, etc....

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/28/mc...nse-bill-vote/
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-28-2017 at 01:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is as close as Rand can get to dancing and spitting on McPain's grave. Many happy returns.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is as close as Rand can get to dancing and spitting on McPain's grave. Many happy returns.
    Agreed. Rand needs to keep hammering him. All the GOP'ers I know are pissed at McCain over the repeal 'nay' vote. His non-conservatism needs to be kept in the lime light. Unfortunately his illness garners him some sympathy so Rand can't go into all out attack mode without looking callous.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Agreed. Rand needs to keep hammering him. All the GOP'ers I know are pissed at McCain over the repeal 'nay' vote. His non-conservatism needs to be kept in the lime light. Unfortunately his illness garners him some sympathy so Rand can't go into all out attack mode without looking callous.
    Yup

as if it matters if McCain is there to vote on the NDAA, it aint like that is going to be a close vote.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    as if it matters if McCain is there to vote on the NDAA, it aint like that is going to be a close vote.
    No. It won't matter. But, if McCain missed it, it would surely break his black heart. And that's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If the old buzzard has a heart attack over this can't say I'd cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I was so busy gloating over McCain's disappointment, that I didn't even pay attention to the two amendments Rand added;

1) end indefinite detention
    2) authorization to use military force.

The first article I posted just barely alluded to these at the very end of the piece. At the beginning, they featured the "objection... without explaining why" angle. Both are issues that have been raised repeatedly over the years, and are pretty standard "Rand" - so McCain really should've been expecting them to come up, no? Did he forget? Expect a pass because of his condition? Was he taking too many painkillers to worry about it? hmmm...

Yeah, I guess we can't expect a halt to any spending bill just because McCain isn't there - particularly war funding - but maybe some of Rand's bipartisian work will pay off and something positive will be done about these two issues before it goes through.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I was so busy gloating over McCain's disappointment, that I didn't even pay attention to the two amendments Rand added;

1) end indefinite detention
    2) authorization to use military force.

The first article I posted just barely alluded to these at the very end of the piece. At the beginning, they featured the "objection... without explaining why" angle. Both are issues that have been raised repeatedly over the years, and are pretty standard "Rand" - so McCain really should've been expecting them to come up, no? Did he forget? Expect a pass because of his condition? Was he taking too many painkillers to worry about it? hmmm...

Yeah, I guess we can't expect a halt to any spending bill just because McCain isn't there - particularly war funding - but maybe some of Rand's bipartisian work will pay off and something positive will be done about these two issues before it goes through.
    I'm sure that McCain will brief Graham on what needs to be done. Grahams 'yay' vote came about from McCain assuring him that the votes were in to kill it and that Lindsey could get a vote on record as being for repeal. If McCain hadn't gotten enough votes you know damn well he could have gotten Lindsey to do his part.

Make fun, buddy.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

LOL! The best McSame can argue is that "we've done it this way for 55 years." Further reinforcing his stale, moss covered caricature, and unwittingly lampooning himself. As for me, I prefer soldiers that don't get captured.

Elsewhere:

Last edited by anaconda; 07-31-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yeah, but I can... Die you old fuk... It's way past your time. Leave life to the living and join your kind in the underworld...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Good! That puts it off for awhile. Time to hammer your senator.

https://www.senate.gov/reference/com...d_senators.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.