Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preacher Signs 6-Year, $110 Million Contract With Lakewood Church

So who HAS been making lots of money in Jesus's name?

http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/chri...erica.aspx?p=2

8 Richest Pastors in America

Kenneth Copeland: Net Worth $760 Million

Pat Robertson: Net Worth $100 Million

Benny Hinn: Net Worth $42 Million

Joel Osteen: Net Worth $40 Million

Creflo Dollar: Net Worth $27 Million

Billy Graham: Net Worth $25 Million

Rick Warren: Net Worth $25 Million

Joyce Meyer: Net Worth $8 Million

The Bottom Line

There is nothing wrong with being wealthy, of course. But with great wealth comes great responsibility. Regardless of your rung on the income ladder, we must remember that Jesus viewed wealth as a gift from God to be used in His service. The Parable of the Shrewd Manager teaches us that God must be the most important thing in our lives: "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money" (Luke 16:13-31).

I have also seen Osteen listed as worth $56 million. His home alone is worth over $10 million. His father was a preacher but Osteen didn't do any until after his father died.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-29-2017 at 03:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Exceptions to the rule. Average clergy wage is 49k per year. About 24 bucks per hour.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes212011.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is nine people. I live in a town where you can't swing a dead rat without hitting a church. There are a couple of churches that have memberships over 1000 people, but they don't get rich off pastoring. We have never gone to a church where the pastors have make a lot of money. There might be a parsonage included in a salary package, but the salaries are very low. Part of my degree is in Christian education, and I'm telling you, the nine people on that list are nowhere close to the norm. A few of them don't even have actual churches.

And to comment on the $24 an hour, that would be based on a 40-hour week. I don't know of a pastor who works that little.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Exceptions to the rule. Average clergy wage is 49k per year. About 24 bucks per hour.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes212011.htm
    Yup. All the clergy at my parish have day jobs. One deacon is an Uber driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/chri...erica.aspx?p=2

I have also seen Osteen listed as worth $56 million. His home alone is worth over $10 million. His father was a preacher but Osteen didn't do any until after his father died.
    Creflo Dollar is out of Georgia. I've wondered what kind of person would send money to a preacher with a name like Creflo Dollar. I think that's his real name, btw.

I don't know who he was quoting but my dad used to say. "Jesus needs money but make the check out to me." when he'd see the tv preachers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Creflo Dollar is out of Georgia. I've wondered what kind of person would send money to a preacher with a name like Creflo Dollar. I think that's his real name, btw.

I don't know who he was quoting but my dad used to say. "Jesus needs money but make the check out to me." when he'd see the tv preachers.
    Rolling Stones- Faraway Eyes lyrics:

I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield
    Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
    And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord
    Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
    Ten dollars to the church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus
    Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California
    And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio
    And all my dreams would come true
    So I did, the next week, I got a prayer with a girl
    Well, you know what kind of eyes she got, well I'll tell ya

9,041 views. Told you it would catch up to the video thread in no time...
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yup. All the clergy at my parish have day jobs. One deacon is an Uber driver.
    Must be fake news, all preachers are shysters who con money out of gullible people.
    "The Patriarch"

The original post was a spoof. You can check it out. It says so at the bottom of the page at the link. Satire.

On the other hand, every walk of life has people who make money in good ways and bad ways.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The original post was a spoof. You can check it out. It says so at the bottom of the page at the link. Satire.

On the other hand, every walk of life has people who make money in good ways and bad ways.
    I think they have some pretty funny stuff. I follow them on tweeter and look in occasionally. It's pretty funny watching the reaction to the thread too...
    "The Patriarch"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1,396 views to go.
    "The Patriarch"

I think they have some pretty funny stuff. I follow them on tweeter and look in occasionally. It's pretty funny watching the reaction to the thread too...
    iknorite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

At least church membership is voluntary. Not like the goonerment...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Passed the video thread easily...
    "The Patriarch"

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I would say that the majority are in the ministry because they feel called to it and they really want to serve God and their people. Those are not generally the ones you hear about. You just see the fruit.
    Exactly. I was involved with missions for years and I know lots of genuine, hard-working devoted people who left behind everything to serve God on the mission field. There are tons of people like that, you just never hear about them. Unfortunately, the world always hears about the televangelists and the other frauds.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

1,396 views to go.
    Most impressive. No wonder fake news is all the rage it's so popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He should keep this type of garbage on his own gay website. The annoying slut may get a giggle out of it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rolling Stones- Faraway Eyes lyrics:
    Wow, forgot all about that great song, haven't heard it in 30 years.

Why do libertarians have such a thing about people who make a lot of money?
    I have a problem with people who make a lot of money, and then, because of guilt, or lust for power, lobby government to make it more difficult and punitive for me to make a lot of money, or even to just live my life in peace and freedom.

I don't think ministers do that.
    #NashvilleStrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12