Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

AF is probably right though that people should use time more wisely . Vikings cover the spread by about 15 points . Danke can even help himself to one of my Dos Equis .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saints & Bills win , no real surprises there . Miami though , pretty bad . NFC North clearly the best of the NFC right now . Afc looks to be Chiefs on top.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-24-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Today would have been perfect had the Patriots lost the close game.

Chiefs up by &. Alex Smith is having the time of his life with his new offensive weapons. He is turning into Dan Marino in front of our eyes.

To the Super Bowl and beyond

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The only numbers that count: 2-10.
    Philip Rivers a good quarterback mind you is 5 - 11 and 4 -12 the last 2 years and about to be 0 -3 this year and he still has a job because even with his awful record, you know he is a not bad quarter back. He is just happened to be stuck in the very competitive AFC West. Even Tom Brady would have a few losing seasons in our division.

I have just composed a letter to Steve Underwood, President and CEO of the Titans. Today the Titans and Seahawks did not take the field for the National Anthem in protest of racial inequality. We turned off the game and I am getting rid of every single bit of Titans merchandise and will not be buying any more. I will be firing off a letter to Roger Goddell saying pretty much the same thing.

And I will be writing to my city councilwoman and my state legislators to say no more money for stadium improvements or anything to support infrastructure to the stadium. They pay a lot of overtime to police and EMS personnel on game day, and I'm sure it might make a statement if none of those brutal police showed up to direct traffic or take care of the fans in the 90 degree heat. I might also write to the Chief of Police or the union to suggest they come down with blue flu on game days to protest the protests against their work.

For the record, Nashville was one of the leaders in civil rights long before anyone ever heard of Rosa Parks or Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Vanderbilt University was founded as a place where people could come together and talk about ideas. Fisk University was the first university for freed slaves. The history was not as pretty as that (according to a black historian I had lunch with one day), but it's still there, and the Fisk Jubilee Singers are the group that led to the Music City USA nickname. There is also Meharry Medical College, a traditionally black medical school as well as Tennessee State University that still carries a strong black tradition. Many areas of town, including mine, are naturally integrated with many races and cultures, and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should face inequality here. There are more resources here than almost anywhere.

So said the fat little grandma.

Such displays of protest are really displays of ignorance, and I'm done with the NFL.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I have just composed a letter to Steve Underwood, President and CEO of the Titans. Today the Titans and Seahawks did not take the field for the National Anthem in protest of racial inequality. We turned off the game and I am getting rid of every single bit of Titans merchandise and will not be buying any more. I will be firing off a letter to Roger Goddell saying pretty much the same thing.

And I will be writing to my city councilwoman and my state legislators to say no more money for stadium improvements or anything to support infrastructure to the stadium. They pay a lot of overtime to police and EMS personnel on game day, and I'm sure it might make a statement if none of those brutal police showed up to direct traffic or take care of the fans in the 90 degree heat. I might also write to the Chief of Police or the union to suggest they come down with blue flu on game days to protest the protests against their work.

For the record, Nashville was one of the leaders in civil rights long before anyone ever heard of Rosa Parks or Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Vanderbilt University was founded as a place where people could come together and talk about ideas. Fisk University was the first university for freed slaves. The history was not as pretty as that (according to a black historian I had lunch with one day), but it's still there, and the Fisk Jubilee Singers are the group that led to the Music City USA nickname. There is also Meharry Medical College, a traditionally black medical school as well as Tennessee State University that still carries a strong black tradition. Many areas of town, including mine, are naturally integrated with many races and cultures, and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should face inequality here. There are more resources here than almost anywhere.

So said the fat little grandma.

Such displays of protest are really displays of ignorance, and I'm done with the NFL.
    Well I took the Titans to cover the spread and they are up 9 - 7 on the Seachickens at Half .

Andy Dalton 12 - 14 and two touchdowns in the first half . Go Bengals !

I do not really care about the Anthem one way or the other . Not sure I really know why it is even needed at an NFL game . If I owned a team though , what you do in uniform is paid as far as I am concerned and you will do as instructed .

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Chiefs up by &. Alex Smith is having the time of his life with his new offensive weapons. He is turning into Dan Marino in front of our eyes.

Philip Rivers a good quarterback mind you is 5 - 11 and 4 -12 the last 2 years and about to be 0 -3 this year and he still has a job because even with his awful record, you know he is a not bad quarter back. He is just happened to be stuck in the very competitive AFC West. Even Tom Brady would have a few losing seasons in our division.
    Alex Smith would have won that Superbowl with the Niners if they had played him. Kaepernick was a deer in the headlights.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not really care about the Anthem one way or the other . Not sure I really know why it is even needed at an NFL game . If I owned a team though , what you do in uniform is paid as far as I am concerned and you will do as instructed .
    And that's fine. However, it is not wise to ignore the market. The other option would be not to keep the tradition of the anthem. Flags are usually presented by the National Guard or from Ft. Campbell and sometimes includes a flyover.

We have been to exactly one game when a friend was trying to unload tickets and it looked like a good anniversary gift for husband. We do not own PSLs and will not buy tickets.

I notice that one MLB player is doing this. It jolly well better not happen with my beloved Dodgers. They forced the issue of an integrated league, and nobody playing for them should ever consider protesting.
    #NashvilleStrong

Bengals kicker misses 48 yard FG

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you all know there is an NFL rule requiring the National Anthem be played before every game, both teams are require to be on the field, standing, facing the flag, holding helmets in left hand? And that there are penalties?

Might shake up the season and even next year if those penalties were enforced, because one of them has to do with draft picks.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Did you all know there is an NFL rule requiring the National Anthem be played before every game, both teams are require to be on the field, standing, facing the flag, holding helmets in left hand? And that there are penalties?

Might shake up the season and even next year if those penalties were enforced, because one of them has to do with draft picks.
    I am a Vikings fan , Coach Bud Grant would have always had players on the sideline helmet in hand . He played in the NFL , NBA , won a 1950 NBA Championship , won 4 Grey Cups in five seasons in the CFL as a coach and took the Vikings to four Super Bowls . His Father played for the Duluth Eskimos .

Raiders 58 yards in 3 quarters .

I like the Steeler's solution...it's football not politics, not gonna get drug into this bullish!t.

Got to 2:15:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Raiders 58 yards in 3 quarters .
    Raiders falling apart tonight. Can't even get a third down. Receivers have butterfingers.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-24-2017 at 08:50 PM.

If the Redskins get to the 5 they will have first and goal and 400 more yards than the Raiders .

If the Redskins get to the 5 they will have first and goal and 400 more yards than the Raiders .
    Paddling the Raiders behinds...

Once again , there is proof that on any given Sunday ........ ( Jets , Colts were winners)

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again , there is proof that on any given Sunday ........ ( Jets , Colts were winners)
    Brissett has always looked like a competent comfortable passer, it was a bad coaching call to proceed as if Tolzein was on the same level. And TY is a monster. I was surprised the game ended up as close as it did personally. Luck is an amazing QB but if I was the GM I'd shop his ass to start filling some of the glaring holes on the oline and D.

His receivers and runners aren't the ones giving him a chance to let his brilliance shine. They're good, and a large part of why the Chiefs are being called the best team, but they aren't making Smith suddenly look like Staubach. He finally has a seriously good offensive line. Last year he was having to get the ball out in two seconds. Even Tyreek Hill can't run fifty yards in two seconds. No wonder the morons were claiming (against all kinds of evidence) he couldn't throw the ball more than five yards.

Just because offensive lines never get any credit does not mean they don't make all the difference. The last time the Chiefs had an offense this good, it outlasted Joe Montana and even outlasted Marcus Allen. But by the time John Alt, Dave Szott and Will Shields retired, it was over.

I've been a Chiefs fan longer than you. I'm pretty sure the best we can hope for is that the officials will make it so obvious they're cheating the Chiefs in the postseason that the fans finally lynch Roger Goodell.

I'm old enough to remember 1999. I know what the Chiefs deserve. I also know what gifts John Elway gets given to him.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    [Kelce] sure was pedestrian today wasn't he? Did he get hurt or something? I just know I drafted him cause he's good and he didn't contribute to my score today.
    When the opposition assigns three guys to cover him, it sure makes Chris Conley and Albert Wilson look good, doesn't it?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-25-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm old enough to remember 1999. I know what the Chiefs deserve. I also know what gifts John Elway get given to him.
    Hell, I worked at Arrowhead stadium before 1999. I remember the $#@!ty years in the 80s when my dad had seats on the 50yd line cuz nobody wanted em.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I like the Steeler's solution...it's football not politics, not gonna get drug into this bullish!t.
    Agreed. But their "solution" was widely panned and didn't work. They tried to stay out of it, but it got interpreted like the whole team was boycotting the flag worship (except for one player).

But I gotta admit, it's funny watching all the Trump supporters praising an anchor baby* named Alejandro Villaneuva.

*His father was a Spanish naval officer working on a Mississippi base for NATO when Alejandro was born.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Do you remember the years when your countryman was running all over the other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Do you remember the years when your countryman was running all over the other teams?
    Nope, but I grew up a few blocks from where he lived

I remember when the Chiefs came to Minnesota in the 1970 season Opener , Vikings win 27 - 10 attendance was 47,900 ( super bowl rematch from previous season ). Vikings would end season first in total defense . Vikings also beat the NFC super bowl team Cowboys that season 54 - 13 , Cowboys would lose to the Colts 16 - 13 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-25-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Some crazy finishes this week. Rookie tries longest field goal of his career- 61 yards- and makes it to give Philly a win. Detroit scores what looked like the winning touchdown against the Falcons with nine seconds left but they said his knee hit the ground before the ball crossed the plane- rule runs off the final nine seconds so they don't get another shot. New England needed a last minute drive to avoid their second loss of the season. Couple overtime games. Bears could have avoided OT (which they won anyways) when they blocked a field goal and were returning it for a likely touchdown but he slowed down too soon and Steelers caught him just at the end and knocked the ball out of his hand and through the back of the endzone.

AFC West not as tough as first seemed? Denver and Raiders lose. KC still looking dominating. In Denver's case, they returned to their "can't run the football" ways. Last week they rushed for over 100 yards against Dallas but late in the game lost a starting rookie lineman to injury. This week the run was less effective (still had 100 yards) so the defense was able to focus on the QB and receivers. That increased pressure forced more turnovers and errant passes. Offensive lines are key- and Denver's is still pretty thin. They made improvements but lack depth so injuries are important. Broncos get the Raiders at home next week.

Denver had a weird play too. They were down by seven and had the Bills stopped on third down. Vaughn Miller had been joking with Bill's QB Tyrod Taylor. Miller had legally knocked Taylor down and reached his hand out to help him up but pulled it away. Both guys were laughing. But officials hit him with an unsportsmanlike penalty which kept the drive alive and led to a field goal.

Six out of eight unbeaten teams lost- leaving KC and Atlanta as the last two to not lose. Atlanta barely escaped.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-25-2017 at 05:58 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cowboys take a knee , then get 57 yards in the first half . Cardinals miss FG , score tied @ Half 7 - 7 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-25-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Dallas remembers that it has an offense, crushes Cardinals.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast