Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

Cowboys Elliot suspended for 6 games ? After seeing NY , Washington and Philly that division may be weaker than expected .The offense on those three teams may not be very deep.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After a missed FG and shanked extra point Tampa cuts 2016 Second round pick kicker who exits with 428K in guaranteed salary for the yr .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good news for Jets fans . The defense looked good in the first half .

Drew Stanton will pick apart the Oakland second string defense .

A lot of snaps today for Rams second string QB . Good practice . Ravens will not play QB Flacco until opening day .

So far , NFC East all look like it is day one of training camp , AFC East is just pretty much New England . So , say one contender out of those two divisions at this point . Be interesting to see Detroit . Minnesota & Green Bay look like they have been hitting it pretty hard .

Colts Offensive line looks like , well , not much improved . Detroits defense looks pretty good .

Clemens 2 picks , a TD and a lost fumble for the Seachickens in a couple quarters in 10 passing attempts , 4 completions .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-15-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    After a missed FG and shanked extra point Tampa cuts 2016 Second round pick kicker who exits with 428K in guaranteed salary for the yr .
    Aguayo picked up by Bears, who's current kicker, Connor Barth, was released by Tampa to make way for...Aguayo!

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Aguayo picked up by Bears, who's current kicker, Connor Barth, was released by Tampa to make way for...Aguayo!
    The Seachickens are using Walsh , muh old Vikings kicker whose missed kick against Seattle in a playoff game cost the Vikings an NFC Championship .

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chargers defense pretty woeful today .

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cowboys Elliot suspended for 6 games ? After seeing NY , Washington and Philly that division may be weaker than expected .The offense on those three teams may not be very deep.
    Really? You can tell that after one pre season game when the starters played a series or 2 if any? On paper, this year, that division is the best in the NFC. Last year it was the best in the NFC.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 08-15-2017 at 12:35 AM.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Barth has a low touchback percentage on kickoffs

example -
    Forbath kicked 3 years for the Redskins 2012-2014. His FG % were 94%, 82%, and 89%. He was released after going 1 for 2 in the first game of 2015 and I believe had the highest FG% of any Redskins kicker at that time. Those 3 seasons the Redskins placed no higher than 25th for touchback percentage on kickoffs.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 08-15-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Eagles cut RB Matthews which frees up 4 million in cap money . Someone will need him and offer him less . Ravens probably have an open spot .

Pats Edelman out for the season .

Two missed XP's so far in Steelers - Colts game.

Colts first team offense finally started looking like an NFL team last time out .

Detroit Lions sign QB Stafford to 135 million over 6 year contract .

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody catch that Vikings two point conversion at the end of the game ?

Vikings signed Leidner , former Gophers QB and played him and third string QB in final pre season game against Dolphins . I imagine they intend to try and sneak him through to the practice squad .

Steelers pick up Joe Haden. Could possibly be the biggest coup of the season... Or, could be a bust. I'm hoping for the former.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Tonite against the Steelers, Carolina gives it away at the end. Duh.

I barely ever watch pre-season, so I wonder how success in the pre-season matches up with the regular season.

Also, Panthers only played 4 games. I remember some teams playing 5 pre-season games. That sounds like too much to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Steelers pick up Joe Haden. Could possibly be the biggest coup of the season... Or, could be a bust. I'm hoping for the former.
    brownies looke good 2nite 25-0

4-0 for first time since '86

nazTEE defense

HOGANS heroes

let it come!

ps
    FUK joe h8N
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Tonite against the Steelers, Carolina gives it away at the end. Duh.

I barely ever watch pre-season, so I wonder how success in the pre-season matches up with the regular season.

Also, Panthers only played 4 games. I remember some teams playing 5 pre-season games. That sounds like too much to me.
    I do not think anybody plays starters after 3 and most of those are a quarter . What it does for the coaching staff is help make the last selection at ea position to keep . For the fans , they get to see who will be playing after injuries and if the depth on the team is good enough to play with other teams starters if need be .

Broncos cut safety TJ Ward (pro bowl player two of last three years) who is in final year of his contract. Sign Brock Osweiler again after getting down to one QB between cuts and injuries and wanting somebody with experience to back up Trevor Simmian. Osweiler played for Cleveland last season and the Browns will be paying $15.25 million of his $16 million for this year- only costing Denver $750,000. Starter Simmian will get $610,000 this year. TJ Ward may sign with Tampa for $5 million a year (think these decisions may have been about money?)

Back-up Paxton Lynch has a shoulder injury and will miss at least the first month of the season. Ward will turn 31 this year and 30 is getting old in the NFL.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-03-2017 at 06:49 AM.

New Seahawks logo? Could look cool on the front of a helmet.

Alternate Seahawks logo puts fans 'face-to-beak' with team's mascot

The Seattle Seahawks have a new alternate logo.

The team unveiled the logo on Tuesday evening in a Facebook post, along with a caption that read: "For everyone who's ever wondered what it would be like to ... stand face-to-beak with a Seahawk."

"Stay tuned for info on where you’ll see this new alternate Seahawks logo."

The alternate logo shows the team's mascot facing forward and maintains the same color scheme as the standard Seahawks logo, which is seen at a profile angle.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-facebook-post
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-06-2017 at 03:52 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would use Chief Seattle instead of the seachicken and I would sell more merchandise .

Cleveland Browns. What is a Brown anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Brown
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast