Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Broncos are at 8 consecutive losses . . .
    Elway says no coaching changes this year (they changed nearly all of their coaching staff just last year).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Elway says no coaching changes this year (they changed nearly all of their coaching staff just last year).
    They have a pretty good core of players they just need to find a way to generate points . The playbook needs some help .

Last Dallas performance, "big win," but not really.

What that win demonstrated was that the Great Wall is still absolutely dominant.

And any RB put behind it wins (Elliot who?).

...but the QB problem remains.

He was terrible, around 110 yards IIRC, <5 yds/completion.

O Romo, where art thou....

I am going to pick the Browns @ home this week . May check the spread on Bills to see if I think they can cover .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-07-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Without a win tonight I think Atlanta has no chance of catching seattle for the last playoff spot . Falcons still have New Orleans again and Carolina and I think only one home game left . 9 wins probably not going to get you there .

Not really sure how they arrived at Falcons being three point favorites tonight . Saints are 9 - 2 since an opening day loss in Minnesota .

If the Falcons can get a three and out here , they would get the ball back in good field position just down 7 . That would be a win considering they have turned it over three times .

18 minutes to play , Falcons ball at own 31 , down 7 . Here is the opportunity to drive & tie .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

About 9 1/2 to play , after an 11 play , 7 minute Falcon TD drive all tied 17 - 17 .

Falcons ball , 8 minutes to play , tie game .

Saints ball , trail 20 - 17 with about 3 1/2 to play. Both teams have all timeouts .

Saints in range to tie already , still about 3 minutes .

New Orleans penalty with 1:21 to go means game , first down Atlanta , will win by three at home , cover the spread and stay alive for the playoffs . Watching these teams tonight makes me feel they cannot win in Minnesota in the playoffs . Vikings need a big win next game and then I like chances for them to win last three and secure home field throughout .

If Vikings win Sun they clinch the division and remain number one seed .

Vikings second possession a nice 10 play 75 yard TD drive . That is 13 TD's in past 16 red zone trips .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I cannot watch the Panthers Viking game because the missus had to go into work so am recording it. I will try to stay away from this thread so as not to get spoilers.

That Colts Buffalo game is crazy with all the snow. I wouldn't be surprised if that game ends up a tie.

End of one , 7 - 7 Panthers second and goal from the five aided by to 15 yard face mask penalties .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That Colts Buffalo game is crazy with all the snow. I wouldn't be surprised if that game ends up a tie.
    Colts ran 14 times for 52 yards 11 minutes to half . No passing .

Colts punt from Buffalo 31 , hold Bills will receive Buffalo punt back coming from Buffalo 5 .

Two minutes to half , Colts one timeout remaining , on Bills 45 . I hope somebody took the under on this game .

Vikings ball , own 32 , three timeouts and 2:45 to half , trailing 10 - 14 .

Buffalo up on Colts 7 - 0 with four first half completions total . Colts first team this year not to throw a first quarter pass . Halftime .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vikings TD taken away by replay , Halftime 13 - 14 .

Panthers get the ball first but I like the Vikings chances here so far . They turned it over once, gave up a 60 yard run and had two facemask penalties, dropped a long ball , dropped a TD and other than that pretty solid . Take those out , Panthers had about 97 yards in the half .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Panthers get the ball first but I like the Vikings chances here so far . They turned it over once, gave up a 60 yard run and had two facemask penalties, dropped a long ball , dropped a TD and other than that pretty solid . Take those out , Panthers had about 97 yards in the half .
    I'm cheating because I just had to watch. Yeah, Viking mistakes are hurting them. Need to keep those booger hooks out of the face masks. That is what hurt the Panthers in the Saints game. Panthers are not strong in the second half as a rule. They might open the lead in the third but come 4th I think your assessment is on. Vikings are playing strong. I haven't watched enough Vikings football to know much about their second half strength.

DAYUUUM! Hell of a play by Carolina. Funchess is earning his ducats today. Thought they were going to sack Cam and he manuevered for a great throw.

Fumble by Vikings and Panthers recover giving opportunity to increase lead in the 3rd. Carolina 21 Vikings 13

Vikings do not let Panthers run away with it. No running game for Cam against Viking defense. Still, field goal opens up 3rd quarter lead.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-10-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Vikings have to answer this drive .

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast