Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

What the hell? Left my parents house and Skins were up by two TDs (31-16) with 7 mins. or so in the 4th. Just checked the score here at home and the Saints came back in OT for a 34-31 victory. I should have stayed and finished watching the game. I'm going to have to watch the highlights. Wow.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    new england covering the spread by 9 at half , up 17 - 0 .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Halftime at AT&T Stadium . Cowboys 9 Eagles 7 .

Eagles were one touchdown favorites . Outscore Cowboys 30 - 0 in the second half . Interesting twist where they went for the two point conversion all the way after the first touchdown . Dallas needs help defensively but you cannot beat anyone with 9 points .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Eagles were one touchdown favorites . Outscore Cowboys 30 - 0 in the second half . Interesting twist where they went for the two point conversion all the way after the first touchdown . Dallas needs help defensively but you cannot beat anyone with 9 points .

Their kicker was literally knocked out in the second quarter. They used a linebacker for kickoffs. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ts-head-injury

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Their kicker was literally knocked out in the second quarter. They used a linebacker for kickoffs. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ts-head-injury
    Yeah , very interesting . The conversion rate seemed very high too . Before they moved the XP back , I am sure every team had someone on the roster who could kick XP's and probably did in High School .

Dirty Birds up 7 - 0 over Seachickens , early in the First .

Doesn't seem that long ago that the AFC West was looking like the toughest division in the league. Denver has lost six in a row, Chiefs four out of last five. Raiders losing six out of last eight. Chargers the bright spot with four of six wins (but still two games behind KC).

Denver fires offensive coordinator (and last year's Charger's head coach as well as former Denver assistant before that) Mike McCoy- promoting their QB coach to the job. In seven years, Denver has had three head coaches, four defensive coaches, and six quarterbacks. Pick something and stick with it. Elway magic losing its luster? Change for change's sake isn't necessarily for the better. Broncos will lose a few more games this season- with four of their final five on the road (their three wins so far were all at home).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-20-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Sloppy first half , three turnovers . Atlanta 24 Seachickens 17 Half

Falcons 7 of 9 on third down , up 31 - 20 , 22 minutes tom play .

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Falcons up 34 - 31 , three minutes to play , Atlanta ball , Seattle has 1 timeout .

Doesn't seem that long ago that the AFC West was looking like the toughest division in the league. Denver has lost six in a row, Chiefs four out of last five. Raiders losing six out of last eight. Chargers the bright spot with four of six wins (but still two games behind KC).

Denver fires offensive coordinator (and last year's Charger's head coach as well as former Denver assistant before that) Mike McCoy- promoting their QB coach to the job. In seven years, Denver has had three head coaches, four defensive coaches, and six quarterbacks. Pick something and stick with it. Elway magic losing its luster? Change for change's sake isn't necessarily for the better. Broncos will lose a few more games this season- with four of their final five on the road (their three wins so far were all at home).
    Chargers most likely the fourth best team in a very weak AFC right now . Pittsburgh & New England then Jacksonville , after that Chiefs and Chargers with the Chargers on the uptick . And that is every AFC team but two that have scored more points than given up

Chargers most likely the fourth best team in a very weak AFC right now . Pittsburgh & New England then Jacksonville , after that Chiefs and Chargers with the Chargers on the uptick . And that is every AFC team but two that have scored more points than given up
    Chargers losses were close games where they screwed up late in the game. If they can keep mistakes down, they could make the playoffs. They are currently only one game behind the last wildcard spot (currently Baltimore).

Chargers losses were close games where they screwed up late in the game. If they can keep mistakes down, they could make the playoffs. They are currently only one game behind the last wildcard spot (currently Baltimore).
    Yes , at this point I would pick them as a playoff team .

Yes , at this point I would pick them as a playoff team .
    After Dallas on Thursday they have games against Cleveland, Redskins, Jets, and Raiders plus the Chiefs. Can probably win three or four of those.

The Browns 0-16 quest continues.

After Dallas on Thursday they have games against Cleveland, Redskins, Jets, and Raiders plus the Chiefs. Can probably win three or four of those.
    I think they have the potential to win them all . Chiefs could be challenging .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The Browns 0-16 quest continues.
    Oh don't worry, we've got that s*** on lock...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I honestly feel bad for the Browns organization. That team used to be a storied franchise back in the 80s when they had Bernie Kosar as the QB. Belichick was the coach of that team from the early to mid 90's so I can only imagine what would have happened if he was still the coach. It also didn't help that Art Modell took the team to Baltimore and they got 2 SB's.

Dallas Embarrassed By Mediocre Chargers

The silver lining is that people are finally waking up to the reality of the problem, and his name is Dak Prescott.

The Solution:

1. Use the first pick on a QB; make Prescott compete for his job.

2. Fire the OC, hire Romo as OC (if he can't be the QB, at least let him tell the QB what to do)

3. Have Jerry Jones sacrifice a goat next half-time and beg the football gods to forgive him his stupidity in firing Romo in the first place

Vikings have beaten all other NFC division leaders except Philly who they have not played . They do have two tough games coming up . Looking at schedules , I think Eagles have edge to be # 1 seed .

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

The silver lining is that people are finally waking up to the reality of the problem, and his name is Dak Prescott.

The Solution:

1. Use the first pick on a QB; make Prescott compete for his job.

2. Fire the OC, hire Romo as OC (if he can't be the QB, at least let him tell the QB what to do)

3. Have Jerry Jones sacrifice a goat next half-time and beg the football gods to forgive him his stupidity in firing Romo in the first place
    I would not really call the Chargers mediocre , in fact I would expect them to win out until the playoffs . Dallas may finish with 8 wins which is more than I would have expected .

At this point I think the Chargers win out , win the West . They have given up the third fewest points in the AFC .

WTF. I'm a Panthers fan but the refs just robbed the Jets of a TD. That was a crazy call.

Great fumble recovery by Kueckly. Great conversion by Cam. Still think the Jets were robbed.

AFC West looking like the old days , brawl and three ejections in Chiefs - Raiders game . LOL

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chiefs have lost 5 of 6 while Chargers have won 4 of 6 .

Getting a little playoff preview here with Rams - Saints .

Panthers won over Jets. That, IMHO, robbing by the refs from the Jets wouldn't have made a difference. This whole game was played in the 4th quarter. Next up Panthers have a couple of tough games. St. Louis next week then the Vikings the week after. They better pull their $#@! together.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Panthers won over Jets. That, IMHO, robbing by the refs from the Jets wouldn't have made a difference. This whole game was played in the 4th quarter. Next up Panthers have a couple of tough games. St. Louis next week then the Vikings the week after. They better pull their $#@! together.
    New Orleans next week I thought. I agree with your WTF sentiment about the jets touchdown that was overturned.

But the refs made it up when they called pass interference against the panthers on a tipped ball. If my understanding is right right that can't be PI...ultimately led to a TD for the jets.

Crazy that if the season ended today, 3 NFC S teams are going to playoffs.
    No - No - No - No

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast