Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Ed Dickson. Panthers 2nd string TE set an NFL record today for highest average catch (5 or more passes). He had 5- 175y.

This team gives me fits though with the letting teams back in contention during 4th quarter.
    Yeah, Dickson is doing a great job stepping in for Olsen. And, yeah, fourth quarter always gives me fits, too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know I was making fun of the people who came out with the rumor that an under performing Raider o-line was only under performing because Derrick Carr stood for the National anthem. In reality, these guys are all fighting for their jobs and you couldn't get that many to under perform on purpose just because the quarter back out of many players stood for the national anthem.
    Guess it depends upon how much you believe a given "insider rumor". "Insiders" say some Raiders players were making comments to the effect they would let the quarterback get hit because he stood for anthem. "Inside rumors" say that Tillerson called Trump a moron. Is one more believable than the other? Why?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Ed Dickson. Panthers 2nd string TE set an NFL record today for highest average catch (5 or more passes). He had 5- 175y.

This team gives me fits though with the letting teams back in contention during 4th quarter.
    Highest for TEs maybe? 5/10/98 Randy Moss 5 catches 190 yds and Bob Hayes 12/13/69 5-181

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Guess it depends upon how much you believe a given "insider rumor". "Insiders" say some Raiders players were making comments to the effect they would let the quarterback get hit because he stood for anthem. "Inside rumors" say that Tillerson called Trump a moron. Is one more believable than the other? Why?
    Some insider rumors are more believable than others. This one never passed the smell test for me seeing as they have been at best an average o-line and they were facing off against one of the better d-lines in the league. Carr was sacked 4 times for a loss of 22 yrds but Alex Smith of the Chiefs was sacked by the same line 4 times for 32 yds.

Trump on the other hand is a moron and its not really surprising that some people would call him that behind his back. So one insider rumor fits reality while the other doesn't. Also, it matters who is spreading the insider rumor. Take for example insider rumor spread by Alex Jones is not worth the saliva expelled to speak it

Vikings 20 Bears 17 costly win for the Vikings , Diggs groin injury , Bradford tried to play , but not ready yet . Bears probably win this if they did not put out the rookie QB tonight , the sack/strip fumble and the pick he threw turned into 6 Viking points . Bears MVP , the punter who threw a 38 yard TD pass to keep them in it , Vikings game balls to Keenum & ( McKinnon for no lost fumbles and that kicker for making XP's) .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-09-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Highest for TEs maybe? 5/10/98 Randy Moss 5 catches 190 yds and Bob Hayes 12/13/69 5-181
    Right, I meant to include the part about "by TE" in there. Still amazing considering that he has primarily been a blocking TE.
    No - No - No - No

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Y . A. Title passed away on the 8th of Oct at the age of 90 . When he retired after the 1964 season and 17 yr career he led the NFL with TD passes at 212 and had ran for another 33 . RIP.

Carolina vs. Eagles game is looking like a good one. Teams are evenly matched in my opinion and both are 4-1. 3/3 in opening quarter.

Oh, hell. 16 yard run for TD by Cam. Supa-Man! 10-3 in second. The old Newton is back.

Newton breaks it open a bit with a 16 yd TD run

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Newton breaks it open a bit with a 16 yd TD run
    Game is far from over. Cox forces a turnover at the 12.

Carolina stops the sneak at the 3 yd. line. Then stops Wentz again at the 3 yd.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-12-2017 at 07:41 PM.

TD. This is looking at a tie game closing in on the half time. This is a damn good game. Looks like Kuechly is out for the night with another concussion. Damnit.

I was a little surprised Philly was a four point underdog .

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Panthers vs. Eagles 10-10 at halftime. No word on Kuechly. Both teams playing well and focused. Second half will be interesting. Carolina needs to step it up. They have a problem of fading in the fourth which they will not be able to do against the Eagles if they hope to pull a win off. They really need Kuechly back in the game. He has an uncanny ability to read plays.

I was a little surprised Philly was a four point underdog .
    Me too. Both teams so evenly matched in both offense and defense I honestly couldn't have called one way or the other. Still can't. lol.

Miami is a two touchdown underdog Sun in Atlanta .

Eagles picked from Cam inside the 20. TD for the Eagles. Second half is not off to a good start for the Panthers. A mistake they couldn't afford to make. Not in this game.

Eagles go for extra point. Eagles up 18-10. I don't see Panthers making a comeback.

Eagles interception would have put a nail in the coffin but pass interference gave it back to Panthers. Extra point brings it to 18-13 Eagles.

I saw some guy in the stands with a box of Bojangles , could be Danke .

Panthers FG brings it to a 5 point game. 21-16 Eagles. I think Cam has decided to just run this game instead of pass. Lol.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That last TD too easy . You do not want to try and cover that WR in the slot with a LB .

That last TD too easy . You do not want to try and cover that WR in the slot with a LB .
    Yep. 28-16 Eagles.

That was a touchdown oyarde! I don't care what they rule.

Bull$#@!. That was Cams second running TD of the game. He was robbed. Still get it in though. 28-23 Eagles. A hell of a game.

Why the $#@! are the panther throwing deep balls? Take your time, run off some time before scoring.

What the $#@! was that Cam? Did you bet on the other team to win? I've never seen a cleaner pass. To bad it was to the other team. WTF????

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Why the $#@! are the panther throwing deep balls? Take your time, run off some time before scoring.
    Cam made bets on the Eagles since the Panthers were favored.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What the $#@! was that Cam? Did you bet on the other team to win? I've never seen a cleaner pass. To bad it was to the other team. WTF????
    Flinging that ball downfield like that with that much time kind of reminds you of a very young Brett Favre or something . Looks good when it works and the other half of the time looks $#@!ty .

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast