Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Kansas City , up 14 - 10 early in the Third , first lead of the game for the only undefeated team and leading contender to win the AFC .
    They were down 10- 0 with just a couple minutes left in that first half. Redskins just took the lead back with their own TD. If KC loses, there will be no unbeaten teams left.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They were down 10- 0 with just a couple minutes left in that first half. Redskins just took the lead back with their own TD. If KC loses, there will be no unbeaten teams left.
    I think Kareem Hunt starts to run free .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    End of 3 , tie game Kansa Indians 17 Redskins 17 .

Any Chiefs fans know which Vice President was the son of a Kaw ( Kansa ) and Osage Indian ? He served in the house and senate where he was once minority whip and majority leader .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-02-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Redskins are in FG range . 1:57 to play trailing 20 - 17 . TD probably gets the win .

Any Chiefs fans know which Vice President was the son of a Kaw ( Kansa ) and Osage Indian ? He served in the house and senate where he was once minority whip and majority leader .
    Is there a prize? https://www.kshs.org/kansapedia/charles-curtis/12029

Winner gets to buy me a beer . He was pretty well known as the hardest working guy there . He is buried in a Topeka graveyard . Topeka is a Kansa word meaning something like good place to dig potatoes . To ppi ke .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-02-2017 at 09:35 PM.

PHILLIP GAINES! WOOHOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Tried to get fancy- keep the final play of the game alive for Washington.
    (:04) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to J.Crowder to WAS 18 for -7 yards. Lateral to J.Crowder to WAS 13 for -5 yards. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by KC-J.Houston at WAS 13. J.Houston for 13 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400951752

Redskins get outscored 29 - 10 in final three quarters . Arrowhead not an easy place to pull out a win .

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Redskins may want to scratch that last play from the playbook and just try the hook and lateral with some blockers next time .

my elementary school used to take us on a field trip to Fort Osage every year and we would pretend shoot those godless heathens through the gunports in the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    my elementary school used to take us on a field trip to Fort Osage every year and we would pretend shoot those godless heathens through the gunports in the walls.
    My Grandkids shoot arrows at targets in the yard with Dillinger , Danke and LBJ . I tell them LBJ is Dankes Uncle Sam . I got the Dillinger ones free from a govt agent . I had to make the others.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-02-2017 at 10:11 PM.

The Redskins have been way, way undervalued. These football 'analysts' claim to pay attention between seasons, but that team made changes that nobody noticed.

I suspect their power rankings will rise agains this week even though they lost. That nine point difference is completely deceiving. They stood toe to toe with the last undefeated team in one noisy, windy house. It was impressive as hell.

My Grandkids shoot arrows at targets in the yard with Dillinger , Danke and LBJ . I tell them LBJ is Dankes Uncle Sam . I got the Dillinger ones free from a govt agent . I had to make the others.
    My kid shoots at targets of minecraft characters in the backyard. my uncle gave us a crossbow not to long ago but haven't tried it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Tom Brady can kick too?
    These sort of posts make me think you are either fu*king with me or you are seriously retarded. So I am supposed to believe that a team with Tom Brady a man who has more 4th quarter comebacks than anyone in the league, who made a 4th quarter comeback just the week before and has field goal kicker who has yet to miss a field goal this season is not going to make another comeback against a worn out Panthers D when all the momentum were on their side?

For your own sake I hope you are fu*king with me

Colts may let Luck return to limited practice this week is the rumor .

Colts may let Luck return to limited practice this week is the rumor .
    I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a football with that horrendous line protecting me. I dunno what is it with the Colt but they always recruit the smallest set of linemen. Speed is good but you need the size especially on the o-line to make a good football team.

Just look at how small Jeff Saturday is and he was their best o-lineman while Peyton Manning was their QB.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a football with that horrendous line protecting me. I dunno what is it with the Colt but they always recruit the smallest set of linemen. Speed is good but you need the size especially on the o-line to make a good football team.

Just look at how small Jeff Saturday is and he was their best o-lineman while Peyton Manning was their QB.
    Saturday scored a touchdown against the hated patriots in the 2006 AFC championship game which we won 38 - 34 after spotting them a 21 - 3 lead . I think there were three touchdowns scored by Linemen in that game . Saturday is a popular guy in Indy . He made the Pro Bowl that year too . Pacers are on fire tonight .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-04-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Saturday scored a touchdown against the hated patriots in the 2006 AFC championship game which we won 38 - 34 after spotting them a 21 - 3 lead . I think there were three touchdowns scored by Linemen in that game . Saturday is a popular guy in Indy . He made the Pro Bowl that year too .
    That makes sense, the man was built like a running back as opposed to a center which he is. I bet he would have scored way more TDs if they had converted him to a RB or TE.

Other positions get the glory, but the guys on the line (offensive and defensive) are the keys to success. You can have a good QB but if you can't protect him or make holes for the running back, you will have troubles. With good protection even an average QB can look good. The battle is won in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You are probably one of the 100 Americans that know Fort Osage was an 1808 military outpost of the US built under direction of William Clark .

Other positions get the glory, but the guys on the line (offensive and defensive) are the keys to success. You can have a good QB but if you can't protect him or make holes for the running back, you will have troubles. With good protection even an average QB can look good. The battle is won in the trenches.
    Very true and the careers of many good QB and RBs have been cut short by average to below average o-line play. I remember when the Chiefs had Water and Roaf on the line, our RB (Priest Holmes) and QB (Trent Green) were top in their game. Right now the Chief's o-line is horrible yet again but we eek out wins with superior RB, QB and WR play. The only problem is that Alex Smith is taking so many sacks that I am afraid that he is going to get injured soon.

Maybe our o-line stopped protecting him because he stood of the national anthem

Sunday the Colts will be retiring Manning's jersey .

Sunday's make or break for Dallas.

Prescott's got to improve his accuracy and his progressions or it's gonna be real ugly.

Dallas D gets eaten alive by middling offenses when the Dallas O isn't working; GB's O is far from middling.

I'm rooting for him, but to be honest I'm not sure he has it in him. They have tape on him now...

That makes sense, the man was built like a running back as opposed to a center which he is. I bet he would have scored way more TDs if they had converted him to a RB or TE.
    The center on my junior high team was an avg sized guy. Nobody we played though used a 3- 4 defense so he normally had nobody lined up on him . The center on my high school team was also an avg sized guy and by far the meanest O line guy we had . He was the only O line guy I ever played against that could consistently block me .

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would give that crappy new england defense a big dose of Doug Martin until they put everyone but the corners in the box .

Very true and the careers of many good QB and RBs have been cut short by average to below average o-line play. I remember when the Chiefs had Water and Roaf on the line, our RB (Priest Holmes) and QB (Trent Green) were top in their game. Right now the Chief's o-line is horrible yet again but we eek out wins with superior RB, QB and WR play. The only problem is that Alex Smith is taking so many sacks that I am afraid that he is going to get injured soon.

Maybe our o-line stopped protecting him because he stood of the national anthem
    They had a better line still when they had John Alt, Szott, Grundhard and the immortal Will Shields.

They started the year with a damned good starting line, but they've had one injured every single game. Last week it was doctor-to-be LDT.

The first two weeks Alex Smith was looking like the best QB in the league. Now he's back to looking like a running back. Hope those guys get healthy again.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    They had a better line still when they had John Alt, Szott, Grundhard and the immortal Will Shields.

They started the year with a damned good starting line, but they've had one injured every single game. Last week it was doctor-to-be LDT.

The first two weeks Alex Smith was looking like the best QB in the league. Now he's back to looking like a running back. Hope those guys get healthy again.
    I must be losing my mind, how can I forget Sheilds and maybe Weigmann. The good thing about that bunch other than the fact that they were good and had the proper size for linemen is that those guys played for so long together without injuries. Week after week, those guy were there on Sunday morning with the experience and chemistry only one can get from playing together for long stretches of time.

They would have won at least 1 super bowl if they had a defense to match the production they put in on offense.

Chargers cut a kicker , Bucs need one . This week Gore will pass Dickerson on the rushing list .

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast