Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

With four minutes to go , there are 4 100 yard receivers in this game . Saints ball leading 31 - 26 .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2 1/2 to go , still Saints ball , Carolina only one timeout remaining .

Peppers with the third down stop . Carolina will have about 1 1/2 minutes and no timeouts after Saints punt from midfield .

Saints win 31 - 26 with 45 yards rushing on 19 attempts ,will go to Vikings .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Saints win 31 - 26 with 45 yards rushing on 19 attempts ,will go to Vikings .
    I didn't think the Panthers could pull it off. I can't blame the loss on Cam this time. Receivers couldn't receive, offensive line couldn't give Cam any time and the defense couldn't get inside the pocket. Brees had all the time in the world. That said, Cam just doesn't play well under pressure. I think it's time for Carolina to get rid of Anderson and find themselves an up and comer to light a fire under Cams ass and let him know that he ain't Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I didn't think the Panthers could pull it off. I can't blame the loss on Cam this time. Receivers couldn't receive, offensive line couldn't give Cam any time and the defense couldn't get inside the pocket. Brees had all the time in the world. That said, Cam just doesn't play well under pressure. I think it's time for Carolina to get rid of Anderson and find themselves an up and comer to light a fire under Cams ass and let him know that he ain't Superman.
    I thought it was interesting that New Orleans made no attempt to run and just knew they would have that kind of time to throw the ball . Divisional games are tough playoff games because of playing ea other twice already .

I thought it was interesting that New Orleans made no attempt to run and just knew they would have that kind of time to throw the ball . Divisional games are tough playoff games because of playing ea other twice already .
    It's not like Carolina has a crappy defense. They just absolutely positively were outplayed by the Saints offensive line and could not get inside to put pressure on Brees.

I’m still scratching my head over that intentional grounding call. I know one penalty doesn’t win or lose a game. Just like the drop in the end zone early in the game isn’t the only deciding factor..... it just would be nice to have a little consistency or some sort of review of the penalties that can totally influence a game.
    No - No - No - No

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was surprised to see the Saints go for it on fourth down near the 50 with two minutes left. They had the lead and if they punted the ball out of bounds could have penned the Panthers deep in their own territory. Failing gives the Panthers the ball at midfield with plenty of time to score another touchdown (especially given how quickly they scored on their previous possession). Fortunately for the Saints, the "intentional grounding" happened and then the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I’m still scratching my head over that intentional grounding call. I know one penalty doesn’t win or lose a game. Just like the drop in the end zone early in the game isn’t the only deciding factor..... it just would be nice to have a little consistency or some sort of review of the penalties that can totally influence a game.
    He was definitely still in the pocket when he threw it and there was no receiver anyplace close. What killed them was not just the loss of down but the time run off the clock.

I wanna see Tennesse upset New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    You and me, both. The Mariota-Henry dynamic has started to gel.

Just pointing out that Mariota turned 24 in Octorber and Henry just turned 24 last week. That's a lot of youth against an aging Brady. Tennessee has a lot of holes on the line, but there is something about Mariota's determination that really brings out a different side of his game.
    Last edited by euphemia; 01-08-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Would make me happy , problem is though that they would have to score a bunch of points .

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I was surprised to see the Saints go for it on fourth down near the 50 with two minutes left. They had the lead and if they punted the ball out of bounds could have penned the Panthers deep in their own territory. Failing gives the Panthers the ball at midfield with plenty of time to score another touchdown (especially given how quickly they scored on their previous possession). Fortunately for the Saints, the "intentional grounding" happened and then the sack.
    It was a horse$#@! call and it almost cost his team. Make The Panthers go 85-90 yards with ~1:53 left and no timeouts.

Would make me happy , problem is though that they would have to score a bunch of points .
    Tennessee knows how to score. And they know they only have to score more points than NE.
    #NashvilleStrong

Panthers fired their offensive coordinator Mike Shula as well as their QB coach. Their defensive coordinator has been interviewing with other teams but hasn't quit yet.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cleveland had a parade to celebrate their perfect season. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ect_seaso.html

Vikings - Saints will be the game of the best NFC teams .

Cleveland had a parade to celebrate their perfect season. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ect_seaso.html
    Seems like if I recall they have a bunch of high draft picks coming .

Which team do you think drafts that dud USC QB ?

Panthers fired their offensive coordinator Mike Shula as well as their QB coach. Their defensive coordinator has been interviewing with other teams but hasn't quit yet.
    I do not see that that helps them next yr . Saints & Falcons will still be very good and Panthers will be running a new offense when the personnel were specifically formed around the old offense players skill sets .

Seems like if I recall they have a bunch of high draft picks coming .
    First and fourth overall.

I do not see that that helps them next yr . Saints & Falcons will still be very good and Panthers will be running a new offense when the personnel were specifically formed around the old offense players skill sets .
    Mike Shula is now out as offensive coordinator as is quarterbacks coack Ken Dorsey. Will be interesting to see the new choices and how it changes the Panthers game.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Mike Shula is now out as offensive coordinator as is quarterbacks coack Ken Dorsey. Will be interesting to see the new choices and how it changes the Panthers game.
    Rumors are they are taking Norv Turner , while I personally like the guy , I see it as no improvement at all .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My picks for the weekend are Pats , Steelers , Falcons & Vikings .

Halftime Falcons 10 Eagles 9 . Philly two turnovers and a missed XP .

15 minutes to play , Falcons ball , trailing 12 - 10 . I have seen nothing to make me think the winner of the Vikings - Saints game is at risk
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-13-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Falcons , First 7 Goal inside the 9 , could not get it in . Eagles defense holds . Eagles win 15 - 10 .

Brady never caught his own pass before, and you can take that to the bank.
    Last edited by euphemia; 01-13-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Tennesse 7, New England 0.
    #NashvilleStrong

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast